• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Two aliens try to eat Small Town, USA (Grace Finished)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xantospoc said:
Are Xenomorphs REALLY silicon based? All I could find on the wiki is thattheir outer shell is Silicon. They do feed on us during embryo stage
"The Chestburster rapidly matures to an adult phase (within a matter of hours), shedding its skin as it grows and replacing its cells with polarized silicon" - DVD commentary

Well at least their exoskeleton is. I heard they consume inorganic materials such as metal and glass to develop their external and internal skeleton according to the Alien novelization. They may also consume organic materials to produce resin and perhaps internal organs as well.

And coundn't they try to assimilate the links? (of course there is the issue of them getting through it)

From what I see, this is how it begins.

1) The Thing would begin assimilating other animals (insects,rats, spiders...). From what we know, it can't assimilate plants, so we will assume it can't

2) ASsuming the 'Thingified' animals don't decide to simply spread over the world to infect it, but remain in town, we will use Mc-ready research to remember how it said it would take 27.000 hours to infect the world (1125 days AKA roughly 3 years), although according to Questionable Research it would take roughly 3000 hours (but we will ignore the comic)... that's for the whole world, area 510 million km2 ... which honestly makes the largest city in America only 12,461 much more... edible

510e6 : 27e3 = 12e3 : x

The results is that it would take over the entire area, assuming it's on par with the biggest area... roughly 35 minutes as an high end! I don't think people will have enough time to contact and quite a few would leave the town to try to spread.

In the meanwhile, the Xenomorph would be likely still gestating. The drone might have kidnapped a person or two. If the person happen to be infected should have enough awareness of its body to try to remove the Embryo when infected by a Chestburster.

3) Now, we will assume the thing CAN'T Assume the Xenomorph. I will however assume they will TRY to do it with one. So

(Fight with the drone and one of the 'things' )

The thing, aware of the drone what with all the animals looking around and having people's intelligence, should at LEAST try to become big enough to try to absorb overpower the drone like it did in the prequel. Given its access to weapons, he'd likely brought something like a grenade launcher and such. The Xenomorph's main form of offense would be trying to tear the thing apart (which won't work for long). Here there are two scenarios

3.1) The thing successfully wounds the Xenomorph, which unveils its acid blood and the Thing's weakness to it.

3.2) The thing is overpowered and eaten. Due to its acids and its silicon based form, I don't think the Thing WOULD be able to assimilate it and figure it out. The thing would at least try to escape with its peaces to warn its brethen

4) Now both aware of their threats, either the Xenomorph tries to infect the Thingfied animals (and no clue how a 'Thing-O-Morph' would be, but I assume a Thing would try to remove it). The infected host would however survive the bursting unless the Thing-O-Morph were to eat it/melt it.

The thing, instead, would begin a hunt. If some space trucker found out how to 'deal' with the Xenomorph by making flamethrowers, I assume a town of 1148 people and several weapons can do something about it (it hsould have a police station). I doubt Facehuggers would be any threat as well.

Once located the Hive, they would at least try to plant a bomb in it. Or, worst funny case, assimilate all the biomass and turn into a giant Thing made of 1148 people and try to throw down with the Queen in combat (would be at least amazing/hilarious to see)

AND EVEN THEN, the Human Things could try to contact the military to carpet bomb the entire town or get more fodder to use and more weapons as a warning (This assuming the things who did not leave have not already assimilated a good chunk of it)

I give it ot the Thing

I have problems with the Thing's reprotuctive rate. The only way it's going to spread any where near that quickly is if it gets into the water supply. Worse case scenario, for the Thing, everyone has private wells. In that scenario, the Thing will have to infect everybody manually. That involves becoming a part of the community, and meeting with people. Even if the towns water suply is contained within a water tower, that still means the Thing would have to break into a secured tower, which would require tools. And the Thing running out into the woods and infecting wild animals isn't really viable either. No, the best option for the thing to infect the entire town is to first infect the family it's living with, remember I set the Thing as a house pet in the OP, and from there infect the local rat population. Rat-things can then break into peoples houses and infect people while their sleeping. It will be kinda fast, but no where near as fast as water suply infection, which would be almost instant. A couple weeks, maybe.

That would go against what Macready said. The thing could simply take over insects or bacteria and infect everyone which could not do at subzero temperatures

The Thing is more efficient in reproducing than Xenomorphs are but the latter has the edge physically. Things are quite sluggish compared to Xenomorphs; how would one of them escape from an Xenomorph? The Xenomorph's senses are too high for Things to ambush them. Fire actually isn't an effective method for dispatching Xenomorphs but rather repelling them like bug repellent does to mosquitoes (bug repellent doesn't actually kill them, just keeps them away from you).

So humans are suddenly granted access to military grade equipment and outside help?

Xenos might have enhanced senses, but they aren't omnisicesnt. Predators and humans have both snuck up on them before.

Also, no. They aren't.

Crimson Azoth said:
Xenos might have enhanced senses, but they aren't omnisicesnt. Predators and humans have both snuck up on them before.
Also, no. They aren't.
I don't know about humans ever sneaking up on Xenomorphs. I've only seen them deal with Xenomorphs head on with futuristic military grade weaponry (Colonial Marines).

As for Predators, that's a whole 'nother story; they combat Xenomorphs in a way that they also must train to become ridiculously stealthy to consider attempting sneak attacks upon such sensitive creatures. Not to mention we know Predators extensively study and dealt with Xenomorphs for at least several thousands of years (and most likely beyond). They obviously utilize this experience and knowledge to their advantage against Xenomorphs; the things are devoid of such.

The things' stealth is primarily based on perfectly mimicking the behavior and appearance of their host's species: blending in/disguising. This won't work against the Xenomorphs, even if they could somehow assimilate them in the first place (especially as the Alien Queen could telepathically sense the abnormality).

Alien Isolation gave us a situation where a human could sneak up on an Xenomorph. It would take practise, and I died like 10 million times, but you can do it. Scared the crap out of it with a flamethrower too.

Predators.... yeah, that probably wasn't a good example.

Your basic Drone wouldn't know the difference between a human, and a Thing. The two species have never met before, and the Xenos would, at first treat it like a regular human and capture it for facehuggers. The monster that results from that is something that I don't wanna see. Yes, the Queen could sense an assimialted human, but would it care? Xenos have implanted tonnes of different species with their eggs, and I honestly doubt that they would be picky.

Also, Xenos aren't at all resistant to fire. It f**ks them up in a dramatic way. It boils their acid blood, and kills them from the inside. Both of these aliens have the same weakness.

Right, so the Thing porbably doesn't have shared consciousness. In the first movie, plus some comics, there's a low tech test people use to determine one's thing-ness and this test wouldn't work if the Thing had a shared consciousness. It involves takeing a sample of someone's blood and sticking a heated up wire into the sample. In order to save it's self, Thing blood should react by leaping away from the hot wire. This has worked in almost every case it's been used.

Here's a question. Would a Xeno-Thing be loyal to the Queen?

Yes. 100%. Predaliens aren't giant dicks to the entire Xenomorph race, despite the Predators themselves being the single biggest threat to the Xeno's existance. And humans that are inpregnated result in Xenos with nothing less than true loyalty to the Queen. They are only slightly smarter than what I assume a vanilla Xeno would be like.

I think a Thingalien would be a regular Xenomorph, but possibly with shapeshifting powers. I doubt that a Thingalien would have the assimilation ability, though. So, yeah, I do think a Thingalien would be loyal to the Queen, as it is a different being to the Thing, only with (was it 15%) of the Thing's genome and abilities.

Return question: Xeno-Thing or Thingalien? Or other?

Thing-O-morph

Also, shapeshifting Xenos is an amazingly terrifying. Crimson, you and me, Thing Alien crossover, we'd be billion heirs.

Then I call game mechanics and PIS. There should be no way for any human to successfully sneak up and around Xenomorphs. I have noticed the Xenomorph's senses in Alien: Isolation were clearly nerfed for gameplay purposes.

My point was that even if the thing could assimilate the Xenomorphs, the Queen and normal Xenomorphs would sense such an abnormality due to their hivemind. The common Xenomorphs wouldn't tell the difference between a normal and assimilated human, that is until the thing reveals its shape-shifting and other non-human abilities to them.

Fire really isn't an effective way to dispatch Xenomorphs, except in some of the video games. It's a misconception even some writers in the series have. They're actually supposed to be vulnerable to rapid and extreme temperature changes as shown in Alien 3 (10 tons of boiling lead poured over it, then fire sprinklers activate, causing it to explode). There are already quite a few feats where purely heat-based attacks proved ineffective against them.

Crimson Azoth said:
Fire is a rapid temperature change. It is 585 degrees Celcius!
I meant for in the Xenomorph's case it requires an extreme temperature contrast, like going from fire to ice.

Nevertheless, there are still countless feats to prove fire shouldn't be an issue for Xenomorphs.

Extreme temperature contrast it is. Going from room temperature (20) to fire is still a contrast of 565 degrees.

Like what?

From everything I've seen, fire has always at least been a deterient for Xenomorphs. I'm not sure where your getting this fire immunity from.

Crimson Azoth said:
Extreme temperature contrast it is. Going from room temperature (20) to fire is still a contrast of 565 degrees.
Like what?
I meant relatively speaking to the Xenomorph's case; an extreme enough temperature contrast is required. The contrast between room temerature and fire isn't enough to obliterate Xenomorphs.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
From everything I've seen, fire has always at least been a deterient for Xenomorphs. I'm not sure where your getting this fire immunity from.
Fire is only an effective repellent to Xenomorphs as bug repellent is to mosquitoes; they are non-lethal deterrents against them.

Xenomorphs are only immune to fire in terms of heat resistance. The time when Xenomorphs endured plasma thrusters (Alien: Covenant, Alien), submerged in molten lead that is hotter than fire (Alien 3), non-explosive plasma gunfire (comics and novels), etc.

Plasma thrusters and gunfire still hurt them. Like, badly. We can endure bullets but it doesn't mean that we like them.

I've got no explanation for the lead one though.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
I mean, you can kill a mosquito if you spray the repellent directly on it.
I believe it has more to do with suffocating and desiccating it than the contents of the insect repellent itself. Even a spray bottle loaded filled with a soap and water mix could kill them; it clogs their spiracles and bypasses their cuticles.

Crimson Azoth said:
Plasma thrusters and gunfire still hurt them. Like, badly.
It only irritates them as far as I'm concerned. It's much ike what tear gas/pepper spray does to us: an effective deterrent against us, yet nonlethal.

I mean, in Resurection an Xeno's head was exploded by a gun. It's a bit more then just an irritant. Same with Predator's Plasma guns in the AVP movies.

I'm irritated by a lot of things. A significant amount of those irritants also kill me in large enough doses. Just cause one shot with a plasma bolt doesn't kill the Alien doesn't mean that it won't hurt it badly.

The way Aliens die from heat is because their blood boils. You don't boil a bit of water near a beach and kill the whole ocean. A wound from a plasma bolt will boil some of their blood, wounding them badly, but not killing them immediately.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
I mean, in Resurection an Xeno's head was exploded by a gun. It's a bit more then just an irritant. Same with Predator's Plasma guns in the AVP movies.
It is unclear as to what the gun's ammunition type was as far as I'm concerned.

The Predator's plasma weapons deliver/yield extreme explosive output alonside extreme heat; it's not the heat, but rather the explosive output virtually dealing all the damage against Xenomorphs.

Crimson Azoth said:
I'm irritated by a lot of things. A significant amount of those irritants also kill me in large enough doses. Just cause one shot with a plasma bolt doesn't kill the Alien doesn't mean that it won't hurt it badly.
But those irritants wouldn't be an efficient, practical way to end you, yes? There are far more effective, practical measures to put an end to you in a combat situation.

The point is purely heat-based weapons aren't an effective solution at all for killing Xenomorphs.

The Thing via reasons above.

It spreads far too fast for the xenomorph and should assimilate the entire town in an hour or less (using the water supply, the smallest animals and having a bunch of transportation ways as soon as it assimilates a human), while the xenomorphs will take their time kidnapping humans and bringing them to the nest.

The fact that it can assimilate absolutly anything and can hide itself for a certain time is also very useful. As soon as it assimilates a xenomorph, it basically wins.

Furthermore: Dont forget that the Thing grows more intelligent the bigger it gets.

1) There's a pretty good chance the Thing wouldn't be able to assimilate Xenomorphs based on them being a different enough lifeform. An example being the Thing being unable to assimilate plant cells. The Xenomorphs being Silicon based would likely make their cells possibly inedible, inpervious or something.

2) I actually have a theory about the Things intelligence. It's not naturally evolved. It's aquired. Think on this. Back on the Thing's homeworld, in whatever primordial soup it crawled out of, a single celled, or possibly multi-celled but microscopic, animal evolved the ability to use the DNA it got form other devoured cells. It gained the ability to mimic the devoured cells to act as an ambush hunter. Eventually this just kept happening untill a single cell encountered whatever sentient life the planet already had, and boom! The Thing goes from working purely on instinct to being aware of itself. This explains why small portions lose sentients. It's "unnatural".

I just remember that the xenomorphs skin is silicon based, not every cell. But even if we assume that the xenomorphs are silicon based, it wouldnt make any difference. Xenomorphs use DNA, like all the other creatures the Thing assimilated. The Thing can still analyze it and replicate the Xeno cell by cell until we have a Xenothing. Or a facehugger implants its egg into an infected human, it makes no difference.

Even if the Thing cant assimilate a Xeno (which is very unlikely), it simply becomes the entire biosphere of the town after a time making it impossible to kill for the Xenos.

The Xenos simply cant win, since they have no way of destroying it completly in its microscopic form.

Crimson Azoth said:
Meosos said:
The Xenos simply cant win, since they have no way of destroying it completly in its microscopic form.
I present to you.... this guy. Isn't acid real good at killing the Thing?
How are they created ? Because we just have a "normal" queen that can just produce the standart drones, as far as I remember.

The Thing also still reproduces faster and would probably gain acid immunity after assimilating a xeno.

Mutation in the evolution to a Pratorian that causes a Drone to become a Spitter rather than a Pratorian. However, some Xenomorph types are more supetiable to mutation.

Human Xeno = 40% | Predalien = 0% | Pure Xeno = 30%

Interesting, but this still doesnt change much. Before the Xenos even have one Spitter, the Thing has already infected half the town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back