• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Thing crash lands on the Subnautica planet (whatever it's called)

I'm always on the lookout for new and interesting Thing matches and this dude has acid missiles so he's fair game!

So, the setting:
  • The Thing, in a busted, one-man space pod, crashes into the ocean on the Subnautica planet (is it ever named in-game?) and before it can escape, gets swallowed up by one of these things and proceeds to assimilate from the inside out.
  • Ryley (so, the Subnautica PC has a name, but not the planet?), noticing the falling ship, jumps into his Seamoth and rushes over to the crash site.
  • Upon reaching the crash site, the now Thingyfied Leviathan immediately attacks Ryley and the battle begins!
The Thing has completely assimilated the Reaper Leviathan and wins by either assimilating or killing Ryley
Only the Cyclops is restricted as that seems like it could Stone Wall the Thing a bit too easily. Ryley wins by completely destroying all traces of the Thing.
I don't think we need to equalize speed, so I won't.

The Thing

Ryley Robinson

Dunno much about Ryley, but his profile mentions missiles that create a cloud of acid, so it sounds like he has a solid wincon. It also sounds like he has a really good biological scanner so that should help him out too.

On the other hand, I consider myself to be quite the expert on the Thing. Assuming the Thing can get past Ryley's subs or whatever, all it needs to win is to get a single cell in contact with Ryley's unprotected skin.

Ryley can trap the Thing in place with a stasis rifle and just torpedo it until it's dead, doesn't sound like it can counter that. It's risky though since he has to leave the prawn suit to do it, exposing himself, but he just needs to shoot once and The Thing is helpless.

Does the stasis rifle have any kinds of limits? A time or size limit? Considering Ryley is player controlled we can't say it'll be his first move, so how quickly is he likely to break it out? And, this is a personal question, but how good is the bio scanner? Can it scan down to the genetic level?

Does the stasis rifle have any kinds of limits? A time or size limit? Considering Ryley is player controlled we can't say it'll be his first move, so how quickly is he likely to break it out? And, this is a personal question, but how good is the bio scanner? Can it scan down to the genetic level?
Yes but it can be reapplied instantly and in-in-canon it is his first move

So, Ryley has a few solid methods of destruction, but it requires him to jump in and out of a vehicle over and over again? That sounds like it'd be a tough juggling act to maintain.

I mean if Ryley has his Seamoth he can just use gravity torpedoes in order to trap the leviathan instead of the stasis rifle

Well, dude can't pilot two vehicles at once and if I understand his profile correctly, the Seamoth is a lot weaker defensively than the Prawnsuit.

"Ryley (so, the Subnautica PC has a name, but not the planet?), noticing the falling ship, jumps into his Seamoth and rushes over to the crash site."

The Seamoth has gravity torpedoes

Back