• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Both at 9-B, Base Frank West is used

The Thing has assimilated 5 nearby Survivors

Frank West has Full Arsenal and knows not to let The Thing touch him

Fight takes place inside Willamette Parkview Mall in Paradise Plaza

Both start 10 meters apart from each other

Speed is equalized

Fight ends if Frank West can Kill, Incap, or K.O The Thing or if The Thing assimilates Frank West

The Freelancer Photojournalist, Frank West:1 (Stalker_Maggot)

The Alien Parasite, The Thing (John Carpenter):4 (ApiesDeathbyLazors, Cropfist, Sergeant_Hypocrite, The_Wright_Way)

Inconclusive:0

Last edited:
If Frank doesn't know about Fire being his weakness, I'll honestly vote the thing here because even though Frank has a massive AP edge and skill edge, he doesn't seem to have much to counter the thing's regen

If Frank doesn't know about Fire being his weakness, I'll honestly vote the thing here because even though Frank has a massive AP edge and skill edge, he doesn't seem to have much to counter the thing's regen
id like to point out that Frank West has plenty of Electricity, Acid, and Fire based weapons that the Thing is weak against that he throws out as he pleases
he could also freeze the Thing if he wanted which could bypass the Regen

but vote counted

How fast is he to pull it out?
Frank West doesn't really have an in-character way of fighting

he can easily pull out multiple weapons and try them in a few seconds since he can pull them out incredible fast, he'll sooner or later try a fire, electric, acid, or Ice weapon and sees that it hurts the thing, Frank West is an Expert at discovering hidden information so once he figures that out he just uses those kinda weapons

wdym? aren't most zombies in dead rising already well dead
Thought The Thing could only infect living tissue, so giving it zombies to infect doesn't do anything.

I know, but the Thing still has limited options with almost no new mass to assimilate. Do they begin the fight face to face or does Frank have to hunt doen the Thing and vice versa?

I know, but the Thing still has limited options with almost no new mass to assimilate. Do they begin the fight face to face or does Frank have to hunt doen the Thing and vice versa?
I stated in the Op "Both start 10 meters apart from each other" and "Fight takes place inside Willamette Parkview Mall in Paradise Plaza" so likely the latter part

I think 5 separate Things should be enough to overwhelm Frank here. That and Frank's rather limited knowledge about it means he possibly won't be through enough when taking them down. It's close though. If there were a few less Things or if Frank had more through knowledge on it, it could swing in his favor, but as it stands I'm voting for The Thing.

I think 5 separate Things should be enough to overwhelm Frank here. That and Frank's rather limited knowledge about it means he possibly won't be through enough when taking them down. It's close though. If there were a few less Things or if Frank had more through knowledge on it, it could swing in his favor, but as it stands I'm voting for The Thing.
shouldn't Frank's larger AOE with weapons be enough to hit them if they surround him or Drink the Energizer if he gets into pickle? vote still counted

Last edited:
The issue isn't with hitting them, it's doing enough damage. Frank has to destroy roughly 99% of the cells of 5 different creatures, each of which will just walk through less damage and can divide to avoid more serious damage. It's not impossible, I just think it's more likely the Things will overwhelm him before he can.

The issue isn't with hitting them, it's doing enough damage. Frank has to destroy roughly 99% of the cells of 5 different creatures, each of which will just walk through less damage and can divide to avoid more serious damage. It's not impossible, I just think it's more likely the Things will overwhelm him before he can.
shouldn't weapons like his Flamethrower, Freezer Bomb, Ion Cannon, Roaring Thunder, Fire Grenade, Acid Grenade, etc just to name a few of the top of my head be enough AOE to help him destroy that amount, freezing them is also a good way to win since its instant and The Thing only resist Extreme Cold not full on Ice Manipulation and being frozen solid
if Frank West really gets into a situation where he is getting overwhelmed he could drink the Energizer (which is Invulnerability) and Quickstep (which is Speed Amplification) to get out of there real fast

shouldn't weapons like his Flamethrower, Freezer Bomb, Ion Cannon, Roaring Thunder, Fire Grenade, Acid Grenade, etc just to name a few of the top of my head be enough AOE to help him destroy that amount, freezing them is also a good way to win since its instant and The Thing only resist Extreme Cold not full on Ice Manipulation and being frozen solid
if Frank West really gets into a situation where he is getting overwhelmed he could drink the Energizer (which is Invulnerability) and Quickstep (which is Speed Amplification) to get out of there real fast
All of those sound like great answers to the Thing. The issue here isn't his weapons, it's his initial knowledge base. He knows one fact about the Thing and that's don't let it touch you. The reasoning behind that could be anything from a more virulent zombie virus to "it's grip is real good". Most of the more "common sense" conclusions will tell Frank nothing about the Thing's biology and that's the major sticking point. Based on what Frank deals with on a regular basis he's liable to assume blowing off the head or the limbs will be enough to at least disable the Things not to mention torching the outer layer of a Thing isn't enough. Both movies show on multiple occasions that a Thing that looks dead probably isn't. Thing's need to be reduced to ashes or so thoroughly torched that even it's insides are crispy.

Ice can certainly incap the Thing, but Frank will still have to dispose of the frozen Things before they defrost. The Thing's resistance comes from the fact that normal cells are destroyed when frozen solid, but it survived for hundreds of thousands of years in the polar north with seeming no lasting damage.

I am very curious about Franks invulnerability though. I assume it has a time limit? How exactly does it work?

I am very curious about Franks invulnerability though. I assume it has a time limit? How exactly does it work?
basically he drinks it and it makes him invulnerability to all damage it normally last 10 seconds but since Frank has full arsenal he should have the cook book which increases the time to 20 seconds instead of 10

Hmmm, I'm not sure we still count that as invulnerability. It sounds like it's just a massive durability boost, which wouldn't help against the Thing.

The Thing FRA. Frank has the ability to beat the Thing, but not the knowledge on how to do so. He can win, it's just unlikely.

Back