• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Transformers General Discussion

Cybertron is implied to be a Transformer in Bayverse Titan Magazines.

7530007-2476452491-08-2..jpg

TLK Cybertron toy exists. So, as far as toy bios are concerned, Cybertron is a giant robot.
7530008-2934935610-images.jpg

Also, speaking of Titan Magazines, I forgot to mention previously that the AllSpark being solar system level and bending dimensions thing are from IDW, not Titan. Some misunderstood so I wanted to clarify.

It make sense, because the cybertron of the bayverse is part of the multiversal singularity primus.

Bumblebee was apparently dodging actual sound here:

Soundwave online bio. It calls his alt mode a Mercedes (which was his DOTM vehicle). According to TFWiki, this is where his DOTM vehicle mode was first revealed. So, this bio was written with the DOTM incarnation in mind (No reason this bio can't be canon).

This prequel text story by John Barber also says Soundwave's sonic cannons don't work in space. Clearly implying that it is firing actual sound.

In the movie itself, they seem like sonic weapons as well. It has the vague shape of how soundwaves tend to be depicted when someone tries to visualize them (and character is named Soundwave, clearly that's the inspiration).

---------

Shockwave seems to make reentry impact in his robot mode. He was going fast enough to catch fire. He is able to stand in two feet when landing. I think that is a strength feat considering the kinetic energy his legs and body would need to overcome to not topple over when landing, no?

Image 1
Image 2

That can't be calced because we don't even know shockwave's weight

And considering we only use sources from the movies and stuff, I don't think the soundwave sound blasts stuff can be used

Last edited:
That can't be calced because we don't even know shockwave's weight
Lowballing it, he should weight at least a ton, (much likely higher) I think. We've seen Ratchet shake Sam's house when he fell near it (just fell off his feet), or Optimus crack concrete while running. So, they aren't supposed to exactly be lightweight.

Plugging 1000 kg and 11,000 m/s velocity (apparently the minimum speed necessary to enter the atmosphere) to a kinetic energy calculator gives 60500000000 joules. Turning joules into kg (not kgs of tnt), that is apparently 6169283088.7 kg force-meter (6800470.53 short tons). I don't know exactly how to apply that to Shockwave's strength tho, or if this calculation is correct. But since it is per meter, some calculation would need to be made to apply that to Shockwave's body, I think.

I know how the calc works. Shockwave's AP is based of scaling from other characters. The character's are based off their vehicle's weights. In the case of shockwave, we don't have a canon weight from him that comes from paramount as well as the fact we don't see him transform in the film

Though to be fair, this might be a stretch if it wasn't supposed to be a strength feat/not meant to be taken too seriously. You be the judge I guess.

I know how the calc works. Shockwave's AP is based of scaling from other characters. The character's are based off their vehicle's weights. In the case of shockwave, we don't have a canon weight from him that comes from paramount as well as the fact we don't see him transform in the film
Lowballing it, I think at least 1 ton would be reasonable for a bot like Shockwave.

We don't know the Wight of that, although considering the sizes, I'm guessing you could get 7-C results

Lowballing it, I think at least 1 ton would be reasonable for a bot like Shockwave.
1 ton is ridiculous. Considering his size, he should at least be around the weight of Optimus. That would only make him 8-A. Lower than his current rating.

1 ton is ridiculous. Considering his size, he should at least be around the weight of Optimus. That would only make him 8-A. Lower than his current rating.
I know 1 ton is ridicilous, that was the very bare minimum for that calc I attempted to make.

I was asking whether the scans I posted where he lands on his two feet without trouble when he makes reentry impact would translate to body/leg strength.

In regards to durability, in the comics, Shockwave already survived Tunguska, so another reentry impact durability feat is unneccesary.

In the comics, Driller was probably there during the Tunguska impact.

Going solely off of the movies, Driller probably made reentry. It's massive, bigger than Demolishor and it definitely dwarfs Grimlock, who is is officially 850 tons, so Driller impact should be 7-C, at least. Driller is apparently the length of three football fields.

7-C has been considered an outlier in the past, and we are, not using the IDW comics. Although it's best if I just ask LordTracer for input on this.

If we use 1 ton, we'll get an 8-B result.

Also if we want to use the IDW comics, it's better if they just have a seperate key or a seperate profile.

7-C has been considered an outlier in the past, and we are, not using the IDW comics. Although it's best if I just for LordTracer for input on this.

If we use 1 ton, we'll get an 8-B result.

Also if we want to use the IDW comics, it's better if they just have a seperate key or a seperate profile.
Sorry let me clarify, I was talking about the comic Bayverse in regards to Shockwave, since that's where the scan is from. And I was talking about whether the re-entry scene from that comic translated to his strength since he landed on two feet in those scans, stopping his own momentum. His 1 ton weight was used as very bare minimum in regards to the level of force his leg and body strength stopped in that attempted calc.

I don't see how that would really matter for his AP in the grand scheme of things, but I'm not calc guy to be fair. Either way, him creating the tunguska impact is 7-B, as the tunguska event is estimated to be 15 megatons

I don't see how that would really matter for his AP in the grand scheme of things, but I'm not calc guy to be fair. Either way, him creating the tunguska impact is 7-B, as the tunguska event is estimated to be 15 megatons
Not his AP, his strength. In that comic, he made a second reentry, but this time he landed on his two feat, stopping his reentry momentum with his leg strength. Do you think that could count as a legit strength feat? To be fair, this one might be a stretch as the writer may not have thought of it in regards to strength.

Image 1
Image 2

Oh, not sure tbh, but it doesn't seem higher than class M, but I'm not sure if that even counts for lifting strength

Oh, not sure tbh, but it doesn't seem higher than class M, but I'm not sure if that even counts for lifting strength
When I tried calcing it, I came up with 6169283088.7 kg force-meter lowballed. Don't know exactly how that would apply to Shockwave (divide it by two for each leg? Probably not).

But like I said, this one might be a stretch.

I just realized that if the Driller crashing to Earth got 7-C Results, the only one who scales to it is Jetwing Optimus because he's the only one that actually fought and killed it.

Yep. There are several characters who do scale to 7-C. But I'd like to see LordTracer's input first.

I find it sad that not only does the extended media of the bayverse has better writing, but also better characters.

Like the DS Games based on the 2007 Movie. That shit actually had some pretty decent writing. I kinda liked the Video Game Versions of Revenge of The Fallen too, especially the PS3/360 Version.

Ok. So let me gather what we have for the movies. Continuities worthy of profiles are the IDW, titan movie comics, as well likely some of the games.

IDW has solid 7-B with the tunguska feat and starscream surviving a city exploding, although needs a calc as destroying a city is often higher than 7-B.

I think Titan movie comics had a High 4-C thing earlier?

What am I supposed to be giving input on here?
7-C was brought up again because several characters are 7-C. Mainly the driller, Grimlock and the larger constructicons.

Crosshairs should be 8-A by virtue of being able to harm Onslaught btw
This^ I did the calc for Onslaught.
Soundwave online bio. It calls his alt mode a Mercedes (which was his DOTM vehicle). According to TFWiki, this is where his DOTM vehicle mode was first revealed. So, this bio was written with the DOTM incarnation in mind (No reason this bio can't be canon).

This prequel text story by John Barber also says Soundwave's sonic cannons don't work in space. Clearly implying that it is firing actual sound.

In the movie itself, they seem like sonic weapons as well. It has the vague shape of how soundwaves tend to be depicted when someone tries to visualize them (and character is named Soundwave, clearly that's the inspiration).
This supposedly upgrades some to Supersonic

7-C was brought up again because several characters are 7-C. Mainly the driller, Grimlock and the larger constructicons.
I don’t think Grimlock has a weight to actually calc though? And how many of the Constructicons have 7-C calcs?
This^ I did the calc for Onslaught.
Can you link it?
This supposedly upgrades some to Supersonic
I don’t think you immediately get Supersonic for dodging sound-based weapons, you’d probably have to actually calc someone dodging to see what you get.

Back