• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Transduality Should be Nonduality

Status
Not open for further replies.
And this grant what? This did not answer my question

Immunity is the highest "level" of resistance, so what else are you going to gain?

• Outside of a specific system
  • Outside of all systems
  • Transcendent over a system
  • Transcendent over all systems
Well what the different???
Word like outside transcend or unbound is same by default, i dont think author will use them separately

Yeah i dont talk about the standard, i mean context in verse and context the word in real life

I dont think the author use them seperately. Are we must give them transdual if it use word transcend, and give them nondual if it use word outside??? Even if the author not seperate the word meaning???

Are we evaluate everything just by a word???

Yeah i dont talk about the standard, i mean context in verse and context the word in real life

I dont think the author use them seperately. Are we must give them transdual if it use word transcend, and give them nondual if it use word outside??? Even if the author not seperate the word meaning???

Are we evaluate everything just by a word???
Yes.

This is wrong like I already explained.
Mhmhmh if nondual is not give them immunity and transdual give. It fine for make them seperate

We can clarify if the word "transcend" use in here is mean immunity and qualitative superior, and the word "outside" not

We are giving a big unnecessary value to words, transcend or outside, what's the difference? It still "immunity".

What makes Transduality different from Non Duality? The real world meaning of NonDuality is of a being who's nature is independent of dichotomies. Dualistic concepts do not apply to it. That's literally the same results. Being superior to duality is the idea of NonDuality at its core.

Being outside something isn't the same as being infinitely or conceptually superior to something.

Transduality would just be our current page with all of the strict limits. We would just have Nonduality as the default values.
First let me apologies for comment in staff discussion

What i mean the word is not necessary. I mean our current transduality is require qualitative superior or immunity or completely have restriction from any effect of duality

I mean author can use word like outside for make they own character completely have restriction from any effect of duality

I just have problem with the word. Word like transcendence it self is vague
My problem is like what i say above
Are we just evaluate from word and not from context???

So if we follow Qawsedf234's suggestions above, we would rename our current Transduality page to Nonduality, but keep a redirect link from the Transduality links and search terms, and turn all of the current contents of our Transduality page into a large section of our new Nonduality page, which would also include a newly written section that describes nonduality without transcendental superiority?

If this is correct, somebody will need to write a draft for a new Nonduality section of the page in question.

Thank you very much for helping out btw. 🙏

If this is correct, somebody will need to write a draft for a new Nonduality section of the page in question.
I can throw a basic on together when I get home I guess.

we would rename our current Transduality page to Nonduality, but keep a redirect link from the Transduality links and search terms, and turn all of the current contents of our Transduality page into a large section of our new Nonduality page, which would also include a newly written section that describes nonduality without transcendental superiority?
Yes, that is my suggestion.

Thank you again for helping out. 🙏

That seems perfectly fine to me then.

Then those characters who are not qualified for transduality because of not having transcendence or qualitative superiority over the said dualities, like some mentioned in the OP, should also be revised and given non-duality instead, accordingly.

Yes, but that might have to be a gradual process rather than a quickly applied project, unless there is a manageable amount of cases to investigate, and we receive a sufficient number of volunteers to help us out with the task in question.

It seems that there are a bit less than 200 profiles with transduality, I imagine most of them are non-dual rather than transdual, so its a decent amount but not way too many.

Okay. That seems manageable then, but we still need volunteer investigators who will sufficiently carefully examine all of the cases in a collaborative revision thread.

We can likely break it down into chunks from verses which granted many characters transduality on a similar basis.

I personally support about 30 characters who'd qualify for non duality, so I can take care of their necessary changes pretty easily. Although, a more general revision thread for all verses would probably work better.

I personally support about 30 characters who'd qualify for non duality, so I can take care of their necessary changes pretty easily. Although, a more general revision thread for all verses would probably work better.
Yes. Would you be willing to start and help to manage one please?

So.....

Transduality is state that immune or qualitative superior from duality so will completely unaffected by a/any duality and any extension effect of it

And nonduality would be a state that not inside a/any dual system and will grant them more possible logical effect that appear as a extension effect of the dual system, therefore nonduality state not completely unaffected by duality

Is i'm right???

So.....

Transduality is state that immune or qualitative superior from duality so will completely unaffected by a/any duality and any extension effect of it

And nonduality would be a state that not inside a/any dual system and will grant them more possible logical effect that appear as a extension effect of the dual system, therefore nonduality state not completely unaffected by duality

Is i'm right???
Where was the latter part stated? All I've said in this revision is that non-duality is a lack of duality, we index immunity based on the lack of something, ergo non-duality would be immunity to dualities and extensions of them. That seems to be what's mostly agreed upon, anyways.

By the way, would this revision have any effect on the current criteria for Nonexistent Physiology Type 2?
It'd probably just have to be changed to nonduality accordingly, nothing major.

I have a doubt...

Non-duality type 1 would be being outside of a certain duality system, so it should grant immunity from anything or any extension of the said duality
Like being nondual to the duality of existence and non-existence so the character is immune to the system of existence and non-existence but he still may "exist" in another system as he is only nondual to the above two systems

Or are we not going to grant immunity on nondual level but only on transdual level as the "old" TD page says?
Transduality is not simply nonduality, but additionally requires something like qualitative superiority or immunity to attacks bound to the duality in question

Further ND type 2 being outside of every dual system so there's no other possibility of the character existing in or being affected by any other system as he is pretty much outside the whole conception of duality

Then how would the transcendence over or qualitative superiority on a certain (TD1) or every (TD2) duality would work..as being immune to every extension or outside of the concept of duality is already covered in ND1/ND2 so what superiority TD would have over ND?

Or if we are treating "outside the concept" and "beyond the concept" differently then what would be the advantage of one over the other because as per my perception being beyond the concept of duality would mean being immune to every duality and any extensions of it and same case with being outside of the said concept?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back