• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Trafalgar Law vs Meliodas

0691-006.png
0691-007.png

Yeah, what stops Meliodas from just reattaching himself? The range they can do it from is pretty large, and it's relatively quick.

Yeah, what stops Meliodas from just reattaching himself? The range they can do it from is pretty large, and it's relatively quick.
Assuming this Meli doesn't need a heart, since Law can deadass plop hearts out.
Meliodas' weakness section
The regeneration used by demons heals injuries but not the "damage" dealt. In practical terms, this has shown to mean that the more a demon regenerates the weaker they get, eventually reaching the point where they no longer have the energy to regenerate at all. Is afraid of using his original magic power
Healing section
  • Self Healing: Demons can use the dark substance to pull their bodies back together, mend burn injuries, etc. However, they cannot regenerate destroyed hearts, and damage stays with the demon despite the wound being healed. This has been shown to mean that powerful enough attacks cannot be regenerated by a weaker demon, and they will eventually run out of enough energy and not be able to continue regenerating. Demon blood has also shown to possess potent regenerative properties, demonstrated when Fraudrin (through Dreyfus) regenerates Gray Demon Hendrickson from just a head, half a torso, and an arm.
Casually slices, slices, electrocutes until he gets super weak.

Switches his soul with an animal and kills the animal.

IvJ16Hd.jpeg

Assuming that this is valid for darkness, incaps him

Meliodas has 7 hearts, if Law goes for his heart he'd take one and then get caught off guard with an attack. Otherwise, your points make sense.

I feel like claiming that Darkness couldn't put him back together because Law says nothing can put him back together is NLF, since it's purely going off of other characters with powers that function differently not being able to regen from it.

From my view, I still see Meliodas using his darkness or wind blades to nuke the battlefield in some cases, but i'm honestly leaning more towards Law winning this now. Like, 6/10 in Law's favor? I'll change my vote to Law.

Meliodas has 7 hearts, if Law goes for his heart he'd take one and then get caught off guard with an attack. Otherwise, your points make sense.
Nope, Law consistently targets multiple hearts whenever he needs to, plus he can do it from long range.
0661-013.png
0661-014.png

I feel like claiming that Darkness couldn't put him back together because Law says nothing can put him back together is NLF, since it's purely going off of other characters with powers that function differently not being able to regen from it.
That's fair, but it's still ehh.
The darkness heals from damage, but Law's attacks don't do damage so it wouldn't be like passive regen since there's nothing to actually regen from. I'd say it still applies since nothing actually halts it, but it just wouldn't be passive.
From my view, I still see Meliodas using his darkness or wind blades to nuke the battlefield in some cases, but i'm honestly leaning more towards Law winning this now. Like, 6/10 in Law's favor? I'll change my vote to Law.
Fair. Worse case scenario, Law would just either redirect all the attacks, switch the attacks with something in the area, switch positions w/ Meli and make him take his own attacks, could force them all to attack Meli,

I said the heart thing because Law wouldn't know that Meliodas has 7 hearts in his body, at least I don't think there's any reason he would know.

Also the darkness itself doesn't heal from damage, Hendrickson couldn't heal himself, he just put his body back together with Darkness.

I said the heart thing because Law wouldn't know that Meliodas has 7 hearts in his body, at least I don't think there's any reason he would know.\
Scan, and Law uses it often so he'd see that Mel has more than one heart and rip them away.
Also the darkness itself doesn't heal from damage, Hendrickson couldn't heal himself, he just put his body back together with Darkness.
this is pretty much irrelevant given that

A: Law can attach his limbs to rocks and such, countering Mel from reattaching them.

B: Law can just slashed him into dozens of pieces, which as good as Mel's darkness is it hasn't allowed for any Demon to recover from being slashed into bits or after being fused into objects. Law's slashes are also invisible and lack travel time, so Mel can't react to them.

Scan, and Law uses it often so he'd see that Mel has more than one heart and rip them away.
Scan for what? Meliodas having 7 hearts? That's literally demon physiology. Do you need a scan for demons having 7 hearts?
this is pretty much irrelevant given that

A: Law can attach his limbs to rocks and such, countering Mel from reattaching them.
Yes, but is this going to be his first move, without prior knowledge and without being bloodlusted?
B: Law can just slashed him into dozens of pieces, which as good as Mel's darkness is it hasn't allowed for any Demon to recover from being slashed into bits or after being fused into objects. Law's slashes are also invisible and lack travel time, so Mel can't react to them.
Law does this to everyone he fights without knowing who they are as his first move?

Also, if this is the strongest version, that would mean Meliodas has the commandments, right? Wouldn't that just immobilize Law completely with the commandment of Love?

Also, if this is the strongest version, that would mean Meliodas has the commandments, right? Wouldn't that just immobilize Law completely with the commandment of Love?
Technically when the Demon King possessed Meliodas and Zeldris' bodies with the Commandments it didn't stop the Sins from beating the shit out of him

That's also people who had already experienced the commandments and knew what they could do, and how to deal with them. Law doesn't have any info on the commandments.

Ah, I thought he was asking me for the scans of demon physiology. My bad.
no lol but my bad for the confusion! I assumed you were familiar with the verse, hence why i said scan.
Yes, but is this going to be his first move, without prior knowledge and without being bloodlusted?
He did so against the Marines and reattached dozen's of body parts onto other people for ***** and giggles back in Punk Hazzard. So yeah, he spams the fusionism and his spatial slashing in character.
Law does this to everyone he fights without knowing who they are as his first move?
Everyone who Law fights can negate his powers via Haki so he usually won't try for characters with stronger levels of Haki, which Mel doesn't have.
From what i recall Mel doesn't have access to those abilities unless stated by the OP?

no lol but my bad for the confusion! I assumed you were familiar with the verse, hence why i said scan.
I am, I honestly just didn't know he had that specific ability.
He did so against the Marines and reattached dozen's of body parts onto other people for ***** and giggles back in Punk Hazzard. So yeah, he spams the fusionism and his spatial slashing in character.
Hm, fair.
Everyone who Law fights can negate his powers via Haki so he usually won't try for characters with stronger levels of Haki, which Mel doesn't have
He wouldn't know that though, right? Is he able to tell via something I'm forgetting?
From what i recall Mel doesn't have access to those abilities unless stated by the OP?
Doesn't say that on his profile. It's just in his techniques, and if we're going by "Strongest version", he would have all those abilities. I don't think law has any counter to those passives.

Would the people here want it to be more even (he has an AP advantage of over 4 tiers and passives) and want me to turn off Meli's passives?

I'm the OP, but I don't want it to seem like "he's nulling Meli to let Law win"

I feel like if you do that, Mel can't really do much, right? I feel like this always becomes incon or a win for Law.

Cause Law doesn't need to physically move to use shambles I don't think, he can just do it.

Well the Love only works if you have a anger/hatred/bloodlust towards the user or are in their presence.

I don't think Law would be affected

Wait a minute this is Meliodas' Strongest Form right, therefore True Magic Form.

Then this Meliodas doesn't even have the Commandments anymore

Law's CoO is gonna be a huge factor in that. Not saying that it flat out negates it (because it doesn't) but it'll tell him that there's an attack under his feet.

When that happens, either split the ground (for the first one), redirect the second one, or teleport and switch Meli w/ both.

I think I was right with the commandment thing about it either being incon or always a win for Law, because even if Meliodas has versatility, Law has shit that just counters his versatility.

I also doubt Mel can use that type of AoE regularly as he was enraged due to Liz's death during his Danafor feat

I also doubt Mel can use that type of AoE regularly as he was enraged due to Liz's death during his Danafor feat
That's kind of what the entire emotional training arc was, also, this is True Magic Meliodas. The one that's supposed to be > the Demon King.

When you mean redirect, do you mean the whole thing or a just portion of it away from Law's immediate vicinity?

Because it's range is in the tens of kilometers in comparison to Law's range of kilometers.
Whichever ones hold a thread to law.

Law doesn't need to make a huge ass room, he just needs to defend himself and reach Meli.

Meliodas would NEED to be bloodlusted to have a proper wincon here, but it would still be Law winning a majority of the time I believe. I don't think it's even a good idea, because it's just adding a win to Law's profile for the sake of having a win.

Back