• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou's Great Fairy Controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I know this is a little soon after the last thread but this one will be simple.

From Cirno's profile:

Immortality (Type 8; as long as ice and cold exist she will always be revived, and a fairy can regenerate instantly when they die)

A few problems here. First is that the source listed (PMiSS) doesn't actually support type 8. It says fairies are embodiments of nature, and it says fairies resurrect upon death, but it doesn't actually say that fairy resurrection is due to them relying on nature or whatever. And just to make sure, I've gone through a number of other sources to make absolutely sure that type 8 is real, and guess what? No luck there either; Nothing ever says fairies rely on nature.

The only source I could find regarding this is the Touhou wiki's fairy page, but that presents its own host of problems. First, the wiki does not source their claim, so we have no way to check the source material to see if it holds weight. Second is that the wiki gets information wrong all the goddamn time.

And that's where the heart of the problem lies; If it wasn't obvious from the notable attacks/techniques sections, our Touhou profiles have an abundance of text that's word-for-word copied from the wiki. So the type 8 immortality claim likely came from the wiki, which means it's also likely wrong.

This thread is an open invitation to see if anyone can actually track down any evidence of fairies having type 8 immortality; And if we can't, we get rid of it. Simple.

There's a whole Amitabha sized CRT going on here and you decide to create a new one? Man no wonder why we used to have so many open and unevaluated CRT.

Glad we're on the same page here. Should also mention that this would also require us to remove fairies from the immortality page and find a new example for type 8.

Should probs message staff
This seems pretty straight forward
Nothing cites this conceptual regen at all

I posted about it in the content revision promotion thread. Kracko also seems like a good replacement based on a quick glance at their profile.

Mentioning that they're embodiments of nature makes sense to me, though it's not really an 'official' title like what most Touhou characters get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back