• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou General Discussion Thread 2: 17.5 Edition.

Greetings [1] lads and laddies, I, a guy who's never played tohou, have come here to try and figure a few things out.

[2]The main thing, why do yall keep fighting? I came here and first thing i see is conflict...why?
[3 ]I would like to remind you that we are following a hobby that is more useless than stamp collection (since that can make you rich if you try hard enough).
Fighting over cute anime girls power levels is cringe. I get that it happens to all and at one point debates become conflicts between personalities and not characters, however i'd like to encourage people to not annoy each other, you are just wasting time and nerves, no?

Of course, I am faulty of such things as well, but should we not strive for the better?

[4] I keep seeing yall in the rule violation chat...is it really worth it?

I will say, I may have come in at the wrong moment and seen the wrong message, maybe i am being dumb and you may be just messing around. However after what i've seen, i felt like saying it, sharing my thoughts. Conflict over nothing is not worth it. Ironically enough, sometimes leaving things to their own accord makes things work out.
1) There's more than two genders, acknowledge that.

2) It's mostly just Mokou and Okunosonic, even though in my opinion Okuno is the one who has crossed the line by repeatedly belittling Mokou's stance on the matter of Tier 1 Touhou over and over. I also told them to cut it down and they refused. I would like to see some accountability. From my perspective, Mokou is just fine.

3) There's little reason for why one should compare being a battle-boarder of a franchise beloved by millions to stamp collecting and proclaim the former is worthless simply because the latter can provide a person more money than the former. Both are valid hobbies as long as people engage with them in a healthy manner.

4) Did someone make a rule violation report about this thread?

1) There's more than two genders, acknowledge that.
jokes on you, lad and laddie aren't lads and ladies. Laddie is a smaller lad, not a female lad.
3) There's little reason for why one should compare being a battle-boarder of a franchise beloved by millions to stamp collecting and proclaim the former is worthless simply because the latter can provide a person more money than the former. Both are valid hobbies as long as people engage with them in a healthy manner.
I never said they're worthless, i said they are meaningless in the long run. I never said you can't enjoy it, however what i did say was that its meaningless to fight over it.
Did someone make a rule violation report about this thread?
not the thread, i've just been seeing you guys a lot there in the past months

jokes on you, lad and laddie aren't lads and ladies. Laddie is a smaller lad, not a female lad.

I never said they're worthless, i said they are meaningless in the long run. I never said you can't enjoy it, however what i did say was that its meaningless to fight over it.

not the thread, i've just been seeing you guys a lot there in the past months
1) Odd how you only addressed the men in this thread when there's a woman here but I'll let it go.

2) You can very easily claim that it's meaningless to fight when it comes to stamp collecting. Your comparison between the two hobbies isn't sound is what I am trying to say.

Odd how you only addressed the men in this thread when there's a woman here but I'll let it go.
You seem a bit sensitive. I say lad and laddie to whomever cause it's kinda like when you approach a group of friends and say "sup guys" you don't automatically mean that you're only talking about the men. Never meant anything serious by that.

You can very easily claim that it's meaningless to fight when it comes to stamp collecting. Your comparison between the two hobbies isn't sound is what I am trying to say
Uhhh yeah, it is meaningless to fight over stamp collecting. The only difference between the uselessness the hobby of stamp collection and battleboarding is that the former has a one in million chance to get you money.
I feel like you misunderstood me.

Last edited:
Anyways i hope i didn't seriously offend anyone. I'mma go now since I've no intention to cause unnecessary chaos. Sorry if i upset anyone. I'll go now.

What's up with all the Touhou vs matches? Feels like we've had more than normal lately.

I wish I could post the CRT with youkai plot manip resist so I can get around to posting Yukari vs Altair without it being a stomp :v

That IS a convincing argument. However,
image0-127.jpg

@OnsokunoSonic To answer your question, yeah it's about spirit power, both from the STG games in the form of power pickups and the fighting games in the form of the spirit bar. I've wanted to do this for a while now tbh.

Soulhax resistance is just the beginning by the way, this would give nearly everyone layered power null, stat amp/reduction, empathic manipulation, and soul regeneration (which is either mid-godly, low-godly, or just soulhax depending on who you ask).

Moriya Shrine is removing all downloads of official Touhou content due to a DMCA takedown.

This, to me, is immediately suspicious for two reasons. First is that ZUN has previously stated that he really does not care about piracy. Second is that the DMCA system is notoriously easy to abuse. Due to that, it's likely that the DMCA came from someone who is not affiliated with Touhou in any official manner. Given that there are no official means for obtaining Touhou 1-9/Hisoutensoku, to me this seems like a large loss to the preservation and accessibility of these games, especially if this is a trend that carries over to other sites as well.

I was thankfully able to download every game like 2 days before this happened lmao

This is also your reminder to do everything in your power to save and archive any and all fan content at risk of disappearing, even if that requires piracy. Fangames do not have the luxury of being worldwide phenomenon that will be archived and remembered regardless of what happens, and it is important to use any means necessary to make them available and accessible for as long as possible, regardless of the legality of those means. But also pay the creators while you're at it unless you're pirating from a billion dollar company, in which case go ****** wild

Last edited:
Actually real quick I feel like the last two chapters have hard confirmed that Mokou burns her shirt off every time she uses her fire manipulation. Just full ******* out every time she gets into a fight. This leads to two conclusions; 1. Mokou has an incomprehensible number of backup shirts, and 2. Her ULiL route is really ******* weird in hindsight.

New CDS chapter is translated, go look it up on M*ngadex yourselves, I'm too lazy to find another source rn.

Anyways, seems like the theory about Mizuchi being a human supremacist who wants to eradicte all youkai was dead on. Not much else to say about this chapter, seems to focus more on setting up the newest conflict rather than moving the story forward in other ways. Also possessed Mokou is hot as hell, but you should all know that by now.

Does anyone happen to have a touhou discord for debate here? I'll let you know that I will practically just look at how things are and try to absorb knowledge.

SPOILER_IMG_1786.png
SPOILER_unknown.png
SPOILER_unknown.png
SPOILER_unknown.png
I love ****** up and evil women who look like they could kill me with a glance so giving that trait to a Touhou character I already think is unreasonably hot feels like it was targeted directly at me. The makeshfit sarashi and new outfit are good too.

Back