• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toriko Solar System Level & Higher Revision:

According to our current VS Battles Wiki tiering scaling, we have majority of Top Tiers Toriko characters scaled to be Large Star level due to them either encountering a supernova or creating an attack that scales to a supernova itself. Unfortunately supernova varies in size according to fiction, so therefore we can't apply real life supernova logic to scale Toriko characters.

Toriko-7281301
In the Toriko manga at least, we are explicitly given via narration by Don Slime a supernova explosion range of at least 5 lightyears which is beyond how big our real life solar system is. You can argue Don Slime's wouldn't be that large, as the dialogue seems to imply that, but it still doesn't make any sense for him to think NEO would die from a weaker attack than a supernova. You could still to debate large star level vs solar system I suppose, but at this point does it even really matter since we have a narration on how big a supernova can be?

Do7vo7c
Teppei, a fodder character easily scaled to be Solar System level because he was able to prevent the Earth from blowing up by simply applying knocking to it. According to an on-panel narration we were given by Pair, the explosion created from the Earth blowing would create an explosion greater than any known supernova there is. Before someone argues this is an hyperbole feat and an outlier feat compared to you being able to deactivate a real life nuke from blowing up, it isn't. It's not equivalent to deactivating a bomb at all, you have to actually stop the thing in question with knocking, like when Jirou stopped the rotation of the planet which had all kinds of side effects, and Teppei not only prevented the Earth from blowing up, but he prevented it from accumulating energy forever. Jiro even recognizes Teppei's talent to be his rightful successor.

5546872-7523610913-015.j
Now, I'm not trying to argue for Multi-Galaxy level Acacia/Neo, but I'm trying to come up with a logical explanation on why this feat isn't outlier as many people in this wiki assumed to be. For once, no-one ever claimed NEO's eating of the universe was multi-galaxy level, it should at best be large star levelish, since we know it took place over time. We also see him eat a star on-panel so it's not a ridiculous thought that he's done it before, and anything you eat makes you stronger. But the thing is Neo was not even at his full power/awakened form until EOS, so we can't use the lowest end and highest standard Solar System ratio scaling of this wiki to say what he can or can't do, as he was constantly evolving and getting stronger throughout the entire set of end fights. Dude went from being murked by the Eight Kings to nearly killing all of them singlehandedly, with White Demon being the one only to end him for good whose upper limit power is unknown all together.

So yeah, that's all I have to say, even if the Multi-Galaxy feat gets rejected, the Solar System feat must be accepted no matter what.

The multi-galaxy feat is a blatant outlier, but I am too tired and busy to properly read and evaluate all of your text.

You can ask staff members listed in the Toriko (Universe) page to comment here.

Qliphoth might be able to help as well.

Ant, I'm pretty sure what John's saying is that the multi-galaxy thing could have been something done overtime by NEO, which is the most likely thing to have happened since NEO has to travel around places and be able to eat them up.

Basically he's saying that the feat is an overtime feat that could be taken as Large Star level or higher if I interpreted his lines right.

He does bring up a point that that was done from a NEO weaker than the one shown throughout the late parts of the main story. Whether or not that makes NEO, and those comparable or equal to him by the end of the story Solar System level is beyond me, and that does depend on if we decide to put his Blue Universe eating feat as overtime at Large Star level or some such.

It seems reasonable enough, but I do want to see what others might think of this.

Qliphoth Bacikal said:
Ant, I'm pretty sure what John's saying is that the multi-galaxy thing could have been something done overtime by NEO, which is the most likely thing to have happened since NEO has to travel around places and be able to eat them up.

Basically he's saying that the feat is an overtime feat that could be taken as Large Star level or higher if I interpreted his lines right.

He does bring up a point that that was done from a NEO weaker than the one shown throughout the late parts of the main story. Whether or not that makes NEO, and those comparable or equal to him by the end of the story Solar System level is beyond me, and that does depend on if we decide to put his Blue Universe eating feat as overtime at Large Star level or some such.

It seems reasonable enough, but I do want to see what others might think of this.
What about Don Slime's statement regarding to the supernova explosion reaching the radius of 9 lightyears, which is much bigger than the size of our real life solar system?

I remember that reading as 5 light years, not 9. Then again, whoever's were the people who did the eng writings for these chapters make them look scruched up and likely hard to make out the letters/numbers.

On topic, idk. Does destroying stuff at a range of 5 light years yield at solar system level?

pretty sure it's 5 lightyears and that is a similar statement of that telekinesist alien in one punch man who used black hole as an example of his gravity control when it is clear it's far less .

all that is confirmed is that his supernova would destroy the planet easily , nothing more .

Qliphoth Bacikal said:
I remember that reading as 5 light years, not 9. Then again, whoever's were the people who did the eng writings for these chapters make them look scruched up and likely hard to make out the letters/numbers.

On topic, idk. Does destroying stuff at a range of 5 light years yield at solar system level?
If our real life Solar System is only 1.87 light-years in size, then yes.

he is saying that a massive super nova can eradicate any LIFE FORMS in a 5 light year radius , not that it destroy everything in that area.

And then state that his attack would easily wipe out the planet .

Naeblis495 said:
he is saying that a massive super nova can eradicate any LIFE FORMS in a 5 light year radius , not that it destroy everything in that area.

And then state that his attack would easily wipe out the planet .
If a supernova explosion doesn't destroy everything within its radius, then what does it do? Isn't that what supernova is all about?

I have now read through the first post.

I agree that if any of the characters scale to a supernova with a radius of several lightyears, this would definitely be solar system level.

However, Don Slime also only created a small star with the ability to wipe out a very large planet, and Teppei's knocking seems more like a hax chain reaction than raw power.

Is there some other instance of any character scaling to a full sized supernova explosion in the Toriko world?

Antvasima said:
I have now read through the first post.
I agree that if any of the characters scale to a supernova with a radius of several lightyears, this would definitely be solar system level.

However, Don Slime also only created a small star with the ability to wipe out a very large planet, and Teppei's knocking seems more like a hax chain reaction than raw power.

Is there some other instance of any character scaling to a full sized supernova explosion in the Toriko world?
DiVgFGf
To answer your last question, Pair stated in the manga that the Earth blowing up would create an explosion greater than any known supernova explosion, which includes the one that Don Slime stated would reach 5 light years in radius.
So all of the Toriko characters that were stated to be able to destroy the Earth or shown feats of doing so should easily be scaled to a full sized supernova explosion, ex. Acacia, Midora, Acacia's Disciples, Toriko, Neo, etc.

I suppose that 4-B may make sense then, even though the story logic is not entirely coherent, but I would prefer some staff input first.

You can ask a few administrators and discussion moderators for input if you wish.

Yes, but I am not comfortable with clearing important changes on my own. It risks to create very unreliable changes in the wiki.

Regarding the supernova thing: One problem I see is that it says the supernova would wipe out all life within 5 ly, not all planets.

That's actually an important difference, since wiping out life is much easier.

According to this or this a regular supernova (about 1 foe of energy) would wipe out life within 50 lightyears around it.

@DontTalkDT

That is a good observation. Thank you.

I suppose that the current High 4-C ratings are fine then after all.

Should the reason for not making the character 4-B be mentioned in explanation footnotes in a few of their profiles?

Antvasima said:
@DontTalkDT

Should the reason for not making the character 4-B be mentioned in explanation footnotes in a few of their profiles?
Also...

I know that this is a very old thread, but i really need to point out the big issue in this argument, the planet was be prepared by the gourmet cells so that it could explode in that way, it basically a chair reaction explosion and wouldn't count as the regular GBE of Toriko's planet.

Which is similar to a supernova in real life (also an event that can be considered a chair reaction explosion due of the collapse of the star's core), as the GBE of even the largest star (3.817e42 Joules) is just a fraction of a supernova (1e44 Joules).

And actually, in the blog involving Derous's extra-dimensional laser it was calc that Toriko's Earth is 327,080 km in diameter, if we apply this value in the Planetary Parameter Calculator the result GBE of about 3.782e36 Joules, which is still Large Planet level and not even near star busting level.

Last edited:
Okay. A new thread is probably better at this point though.

Back