• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread will be the first of many Post Timeskip revisions for the Toriko verse. I will be focusing on chapters 264-360 for this thread and later threads will cover the remaining chapters. This sandbox covers all the affected profiles so far and what their new rating will be if this thread is accepted.

Calcs being used:

6-A+ Scaling to this feat
High 6-A scaling to this feat
FTL Scaling to this feat
Class E comes from Nosh being able to hold up AIR. I scale Bambina above Nosh due to him being one of the Eight Kings and therefore being far stronger.

I'm against using this feat/calc to scale the general Enbu masters. The monkey in question who performed the feat was one of Monkey King Bambina's ancestors meaning the feat is more like on the level of the Eight Kings. And Toriko made it clear that even 10,000 of the Enbu masters would be a far cry from one of the Eight Kings.

Trying to scale that Enbu master to the Monkey King's ancestor without sufficient reasoning is no different than trying to scale him to Monkey King Bambina himself.

The rest of the proposals look fine.

Agree with the proposals.

Currently disagree with Damage's contentions, will address them later after i'm done eating supper.

No problem, I'll check them out in the morning.

To clarify though, I'm not saying one literally needs to be one of the Eight Kings to be that strong. I'm not against Toriko and company scaling to the feat if there's a valid alternative scaling route for them.

But the context we have is:

1) The "secret art" of ENBU allows the user to unleash massively powerful attacks through the same power as what makes it so good for defense.

2) The Monkey King's ancestors from long ago shattered a continent into pieces through this "secret art".

3) Gorilla Taurus is a Master of ENBU.

4) Toriko claims that even 10,000 of Gorilla Taurus wouldn't match up to the Eight Kings. (Toriko has only fought Heracles up to this point)

5) We know that the Monkey King's ancestors are monstrously powerful as one of them beat up a Blue Nitro to near-death.

Now, my deductions based on the context of the scans up above is that while Gorilla Taurus can probably use the "secret art" of ENBU offensively, we have no reason to assume he's as powerful as the Monkey King's ancestor. Not all masters of ENBU are going to be equal in strength; using the same technique does not mean possessing the same amount of strength.

If there's a different argument for the characters scaling, I'm all for it. But I'm against this:

> Continent level+ (Killed one of the Monkey Martial Arts Masters, who can destroy a continent[1])

Something that is worth pointing out; the calc is a major highball anyway since the continent that the Monkey King's ancestor destroyed is unlikely to be Area 7 which is intact. Bambina's ancestor probably destroyed a different continet in the Gourmet World.

There is alternative scaling that can be implemented if this is rejected, but I'll wait to see what deceived says first.

Something that is worth pointing out; the calc is a major highball anyway since the continent that the Monkey King's ancestor destroyed is unlikely to be Area 7 which is intact. Bambina's ancestor probably destroyed a different continet in the Gourmet World.
I wouldn't necessarily say the calc's a major highball, it could be, i don't dispute the possibility, but it definitely isn't a concrete truth or anything of the sort. It's also quite possible that Area 7's just a fragment of that previous "massive continent" that Bambina's Ancestor destroyed, meaning the fact we assume it would be as large as Area 7 would be a massive lowball.

It seems like it's up to interpretation tbh. I'm personally fine with assuming Area 7's size as a mid-ball but that's just my opinion.

I wouldn't necessarily say the calc's a major highball, it could be, i don't dispute the possibility, but it definitely isn't a concrete truth or anything of the sort. It's also quite possible that Area 7's just a fragment of that previous "massive continent" that Bambina's Ancestor destroyed, meaning the fact we assume it would be as large as Area 7 would be a massive lowball.

It seems like it's up to interpretation tbh. I'm personally fine with assuming Area 7's size as a mid-ball but that's just my opinion.
Area 7 is also the largest continent on the Toriko world. Still though, not going to challenge the calc in this thread.

Alright, after doing some re-reading of Toriko I've came across this specific statement that should hopefully rectify the issue we're having without devolving the thread into useless bickering.

0319-014.png

"Without a doubt, this mountain has made us dozens of times stronger" - Toriko

Because of the training with the pill-bugs, unlocking and mastering Monkey Martial Arts and surviving past 100G mountain, Toriko states it made him and the rest of the squad dozens of times stronger, with dozens of times implying an at least 24x increase from their previous physicals.

I'd like to propose the usage of this statement rather then the Monkey King Ancestor calc, not because i believe the calc to be faulty or wrong, it's just more assumptive to use when we have a very direct statement from Toriko. If we're vying for the utmost clarity and consistency while making the least amount of unneeded assumptions, then using a direct statement about how much the crew has gotten stronger during the PAIR Arc is way more logical than using an assumptive calc which might not even scale to them in the first place.

@Damage3245 What's your opinion about using the statement instead of the calc?

Alright so they'd be At least High 6-A (10 petatons) using the multiplier. If this is fine I can update the sandbox.

Looks good. The verse page should make a note of what values the characters scale to.

Should be fine to apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back