• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toriko Discussion Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toriko Discussion #2 <- in case you want to view the previous discussion

Latest chapter(s)-
Starjun-Without-Mask
#PrayForStar

We have reached towards the climax of the Toriko fight, Acacia being cornered, but looking way back, Kaitora mentioned the "Final Land." Could [AREA 0 that Aimaru found be the key] ? What will Acacia's Gourmet Grasp do to Toriko's world that has taken so much abuse? This and many more will be found out next time on Dragon Ball S- I mean Toriko! Toriko...yeah.

does anyone wonder why midora is so strong?

i mean, he competes with fcking acacia, that guy swallowed one of the strongest demons ever and even ate god,

which demon sleeps in midora that grants him such incredible strength without him even needing GOD?

Okay, good chapter guys! We can see how minority world can turn attackd back to their owners and I believe Gourmet luck is more than "limited" probability manipulation, according to Midora Joie was using it to make Acacia save him and Midora used it to make Toriko come. So I think its more like reality warping based on the users desire, since they can make what they want happen even if its unlikely (joie dodging minority world, midora getting out of the can,...). Also, that is what I call a full course!! And what can NEO's capture level be? Toriko is able to hit Acacia omg.

OH MY LORD...

It seems Midora never siezes to amaze me.

Also, it seems that another villian is gone. One remains.

Another thing. I think that Midora can actually manipulate his minority world better than Ichiryuu, since that attak seemed to have instantly flipped back onto Acacia.

Do you think that Satan hole could be calc'd? Maybe it gves an upgrade, who knows.

This?

I honestly don't think it's going to give an upgrade since it seems to be doing the same thing as Derous's laser.

Midora is getting a lot of badassery lately, something is telling me that it may not end well.

So now Midora can just refect attacks with Minority World. Badass.

Also, his durability is insane, never mind the ridiculous Regenerationn he has on top of it.

Lol at joie calling midoria a "oedipus mama's boy". So gourmet luck can also be used to call people to help the user, nice.

gourmet luck can be used for a lot of stuff, I wonder how Froeze used it when she was alive.

Forgot to follow this thread earlier. ^^;

Yeah Midora is getting straight up badass even more. And i like the fact that Minority World also has the ability to reflect attacks too like Gourmet Luck. Then again i think that it works like how Ichiryuu can use it to make the target's bodily functions work against him so...there's that.

Midora's full course was interesting to read about. All of it are in a way related to Froshe(?) herself. Good.

And man Toriko actually punched against Acacia in his new form. Heh. Speaking of Acacia, he mentioned of being superior to the Eight Kings and he was capable of pretty much taking his own attack as well. Kind of makes me wonder if we should consider putting him as "At least 5-A" at this point....

Overall, another good chapter of Toriko today. :)

Isnt funny how midora defeated Joie without even laying a hand in him? He Gourmet Lucked him to death, lol.

Hey should we specify that gourmet luck has a limit? It seems after a certain amounted time it runs out.

Well, no technique is inherently limitless by itself. Almost everything in Toriko is limited by stamina, appetite energy, etc. Doesn't seem worth mentioning that Gourmet Luck has a limit.

^but if it is such a strange power than mentioning that the usage has a limit should still be done, otherwise it will seem like ordinary "luck", and that doesnt really have any limit at all :/

PS: i think now we could say that we change the definition of gourmet luck: "gourmet luck has limit probability manipulation as a part of its effects, it can also "summon people" and directly cause people harm without any external influence (even melting people)"

who agrees?

I keep forgetting that the earth is 40 times bigger than ours in toriko. Acacia's Gourmet spank probably would of eaten up 10 earths lol.

Also, anyone else here hoping Teppei somehow inherits jirou's level of knocking, to keep his legacy going?

Woooo.

I wonder if Joie will really be dead by the next one. Also i guess Gourmet Luck can also be used to "summon people" (like what Midora did when "he brought" Toriko to his aid of sorts) and Joie being able to attack someone and even melt them.....yeah?

What's everyone thought on that? Also does anyone think that Acacia and maybe Midora at this point should have "At least 5-A" or nah? I get the feeling that given where Acacia is at, how he mentioned of being superior to the Eight Kings (due to having Neo's power in him as Toriko noted) and Midora being able to still keep up with him, i believe they can be of this level if only they are still 5-A even....

I still feel the gap is too massive to require such a rating, 19690x is a massive number to where i feel unless we have calcs that place characters close to the end of that, or statements of being at least ten thousand times stronger than a 5-A character, subsequent stronger characters that themselves don't have any calcable feats or statements that place them above that shouldn't be upgraded.

The 8 kings are all 5-A's and acacia has surpassed them but it doesn't really mean anything he is just stronger than 5-A characters he could be anywhere in that gap. I know after so many transformations for him to still be 5-A is unbelievable or more so unsatisfactory as we all want to upgrade them but they just don't have the feats to support it imo. We should just wait for more feats as i am sure they will eventually come.

Well it's too late as i've talked to Alakabamm and given that he follows the series too + of what i've told him how much Acacia has gotten in terms of power, he found it reasonable enough to make Acacia as "At least 5-A".

If any of y'all want to about it, it's through here.

Perilouss wrote: Can we stop with the stomps lol? Btw, are we allowed to use Toriko characters or must we wait til end of series?

^Posted from a different thread

We aren't doing current arc versions of characters, correct?

wait for them to die (lol), we are having new feats every chapter and things just get crazier. So just wait until everything is finished unless you want to use Acacia's first forms or Toriko prior to the powerups.

Well it is true that we're having feats and updates done to the character on like just about every chapter that comes out.

I'd rather wait it out since who knows what kind of crazy shit gets pulled off in the next chapter. Like one moment Midora in his new form could be used only to either get a new feat or hax or whatever that may end up giving him an edge further in whoever he's paired up with.

As for the talk i mentioned with Alaka on his wall, Midora could be "At least 5-A"; just need a new key due to him having Gourmet Luck and because of how far he's gone against Acacia in his new form...

Well only for Acacia and Midora atm. But yeah it's true. It's not a complete tier change to something like even say, High 5-A, but it's something at the very least IMO.

Can we put ichiryuu as "at least 5-A" as well, since don slime stated if he utilized his full power he would of possibly won (or stalemated) midora.

@PaChi2, with some insane hacks, feats of speed, Moves such as a simple SPANKING able to destroy the planet. I'd agree on that!

Hmm. Not sure. It would make sense but this was like back when Midora had not eaten the full course and when he didn't had Gourmet Luck.

I could ask Alakabamm again for his opinion at least...

Not Jim Sterling said:
no seriously just look at the emperor ring size...current midora is above ichiryuu wherever he serious or not..
Well this is a midora who ate most of the full course and has gourmet luck, with acacia at his most powerful form. The emperor ring clearly would be way bigger. However I still believe if ichiryuu ate the full course and went dead serious like midora. He would match him or even surpass him, he does have don slime as his food spirit.

That is speculation, though I can agree that Don slime with Ichiryuu's body (since you saw what he could do with a fodder's body) could perfectly reach the powerlevel of current Midora. But that is complete unknown, it would be peak/prime Don Slime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back