• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Topaz's Battle Party Tournament: Voxel Brawlers vs Mad Scientists!

What does Johnny and Rick lead with?

The Trovian starts as Gunslinger as mentioned in the original thread, and they can use guns. It's likely they'd use the Phosphorescent Phaser to spam omnidirectional bullets that can't be traditionally dodged

Meanwhile, PG3D player will just be spamming all of the weapons he has in general, which would include a number of transmutation guns, or just BFR the enemy into space

Last edited:
Also, although I haven't seen Rivk and Morty much beyond a couple of individual episodes, doesn't the Phoenix Project need Rick's soul to transfer his consciousness or at least that's what I understood in the episode where he travels to Valhalla after he was killed by BigFoot?

Would yall be alright with a coin flip to see which moves on?
Heads for Voxel Brawlers, and Tails for Mad Scientists

Last edited:
NO!!!!!

I don't really think there are many wincons for Mad Scientists anyways... Trovian and Player just have mounds of stuff they throw whenever, and the omnidirectional attacks at the start the start of the match will probably evaporate Johnny since he can't really avoid the shots from the Phosphorescent Phaser. I'd assume Rick can't either but I didn't read Rick's page, it's unlikely he'll be able to deal with the Death-Defying Vial that Trovian has which would prevent death like 16 times at minimum

Voting Voxel Brawlers based off having arguments for winning tbh....

Well alrighty then. Guess I’ll keep this open for one last day but Brawlers May move on by timeout….

NO!!!!!

I don't really think there are many wincons for Mad Scientists anyways... Trovian and Player just have mounds of stuff they throw whenever, and the omnidirectional attacks at the start the start of the match will probably evaporate Johnny since he can't really avoid the shots from the Phosphorescent Phaser. I'd assume Rick can't either but I didn't read Rick's page, it's unlikely he'll be able to deal with the Death-Defying Vial that Trovian has which would prevent death like 16 times at minimum

Voting Voxel Brawlers based off having arguments for winning tbh....

Rick has a number of ways of dealing with this, like duplication, leaving the battlefield temporarily, etc. Besides, he could just come back to life in another universe and come back to the battlefield. He can also bring Johnny* back to life or handle it himself.

Rick has a number of ways of dealing with this, like duplication
Doesn't stop Trovian or Player from killing him again
leaving the battlefield temporarily
What does he do when he comes back ?
Besides, he could just come back to life in another universe and come back to the battlefield
Again, then do what ? The hax list on Trovian and Player speak for themselves, they have a number of ways of dealing with him
He can also bring Johnny* back to life or handle it himself.
I do not really think Johnny is a major player in this fight

Doesn't stop Trovian or Player from killing him again

Sure but they will be facing a Rick that is very much prepared to take them out each time. There is an infinite number of ricks that Rick can call upon. And Rick can clone himself at least nigh indefinitely.

Before I go into Rick’s wincons, list out all the wincons capable of beating all of the above.

he could just come back to life in another universe and come back to the battlefield.
Also, although I haven't seen Rick and Morty much beyond a couple of individual episodes, doesn't the Phoenix Project need Rick's soul to transfer his consciousness or at least that's what I understood in the episode where he travels to Valhalla after he was killed by BigFoot?

I’m not sure if soul was specified, more so consciousness. Yet again there’s a fine line between consciousness and the soul imo. So I’d say yes.

Basically the phoenix project just clones Rick and puts his consciousness into the clone each time he dies.

Yeah, im most likely going to lean toward the Voxel Brawlers, but i will see out some more arguments

I’m not sure if soul was specified, more so consciousness. Yet again there’s a fine line between consciousness and the soul imo. So I’d say yes.

Basically the phoenix project just clones Rick and puts his consciousness into the clone each time he dies.
Well, I ask cuz the Player has a dozen weapons that can eat/steal/seal Rick's soul.

Well, I ask cuz the Player has a dozen weapons that can eat/steal/seal Rick's soul.

Sure but I believe Rick’s cloning tech can clone souls considering he can clone an absolute perfect copy of himself while still alive. He just does the same thing while dead.

Alright, i have got to put my foot down a little. Today is the absolute last day for Set 1 matches, so Set 2 can begin. Lets get a move on, or, we can bring out the coin if thats an easier solution

Legitimately forgot about this, I've been exclusively on mobile though so I'm not able to make hyper long responses

But still, even if the Trovian and Player can't kill Rick, incap works just fine; both have empathic manip and it's very likely that they can just knock Rick out with sheer AP since Johnny is basically a non-factor in this fight

Again, they can't really fully get rid of the Player nor the Trovian either. The Player can just respawn and the Trovian can keep refilling their Death-Defying Vial stocks with Rejuvenation Stations. And if we bring Subclasses into the mix, Prickly Persona can cause any damage Rick does to be reflected back at him with a x50 multiplier to the attack's original damage

If even incap doesn't work and Rick can truly just come back from whatever then this is incon since Trovian has infinite stamina

Yeah im starting to think the Voxel Brawlers would be able to win, and im glad death aint the only wincon lmao
but yeah
leaning Voxel Bois

Legitimately forgot about this, I've been exclusively on mobile though so I'm not able to make hyper long responses

I’m on mobile only too.

But still, even if the Trovian and Player can't kill Rick, incap works just fine; both have empathic manip and it's very likely that they can just knock Rick out with sheer AP since Johnny is basically a non-factor in this fight

Again, they can't really fully get rid of the Player nor the Trovian either. The Player can just respawn and the Trovian can keep refilling their Death-Defying Vial stocks with Rejuvenation Stations. And if we bring Subclasses into the mix, Prickly Persona can cause any damage Rick does to be reflected back at him with a x50 multiplier to the attack's original damage

If even incap doesn't work and Rick can truly just come back from whatever then this is incon since Trovian has infinite stamina

Now that you acknowledge the fact that Rick is unkillable in this match. That heavily limits your wincons. Incapacitation is still not a viable option based on all that you’ve said here.

First of all their first move will be to try and kill Rick. Assuming they succeed in killing Rick (which I highly doubt will be the case given how massively intelligent he is) Rick will come back very much prepared to deal with them. Rick with prep time is capable of achieving desirable results by planning complex processes that include how characters he has never met will reacte & act in specific ways many times within the same plan, with Rick predicting them to do that as part of his plan. In other words, Rick is so intelligent and his information analysis is so potent that all of his opponent’s moves and behaviors are pre-determined. So keep that in mind.

Also the reasons why you believe Rick can’t get rid of them doesn’t seem strong. They sound limited; they can run out and Rick will prevent them from refilling the death defying whatever it’s called.

Prickly persona’s ability is useless for reasons above this post.

I thought this was a stats equal tourney regardless knocking Rick out with sheer AP just simply isn’t an option at all given all that I’ve said and the wall of hax. The others might work depending on how they work.

• how does the empathic manipulation work?
  • what else can they do?

I mean everything i dont mention is SBA, but if RIck does die im sure he would get some semblance of an idea of what the opponents can do so yeah thats fine with me

Now here is what Rick can do starting from least potent hax he has.

• With just his portal gun, Rick can open a portal on his opponent to kill them because the portal opens by ripping space so if they are in that space, they will be ripped.
  • With the same portal gun, Rick can teleport other opponents. He will set it in a way that the opponents are deconstructed and their body parts are sent into the portal and those parts will be at a distant planet or even another universe.
  • With THAT same portal gun, Rick can summon natural phenomenons and entities to attack. He can summon an army (including an army of himself from other universe).
  • Rick has many other guns that induce status effects, mind manipulation, anti matter which is a form of pseudo existence erasure since anti matter cancels out matter, etc.

Those are some of his least potent hax and keep in mind Rick would have planned out how they could respond to these haxes. So imagine an army of Ricks or Rick clones doing that? I haven’t even gotten to Rick’s high haxes. What is Volex Brawler’s answer to this.

I mean everything i dont mention is SBA, but if RIck does die im sure he would get some semblance of an idea of what the opponents can do so yeah thats fine with me

Yeah but his information analysis is cracked so he doesn’t need experience death.

Now here is what Rick can do starting from least potent hax he has.

• With just his portal gun, Rick can open a portal on his opponent to kill them because the portal opens by ripping space so if they are in that space, they will be ripped.
  • With the same portal gun, Rick can teleport other opponents. He will set it in a way that the opponents are deconstructed and their body parts are sent into the portal and those parts will be at a distant planet or even another universe.
  • With THAT same portal gun, Rick can summon natural phenomenons and entities to attack. He can summon an army (including an army of himself from other universe).
  • Rick has many other guns that induce status effects, mind manipulation, anti matter which is a form of pseudo existence erasure since anti matter cancels out matter, etc.

Those are some of his least potent hax and keep in mind Rick would have planned out how they could respond to these haxes. So imagine an army of Ricks or Rick clones doing that? I haven’t even gotten to Rick’s high haxes. What is Volex Brawler’s answer to this.

Yeah but his information analysis is cracked so he doesn’t need experience death.
Is it so good that he can literally form a plan to beat your ass dead just by looking at you? Thats the vibe im getting right now

Is it so good that he can literally form a plan to beat your ass dead just by looking at you? Thats the vibe im getting right now

Yes, but not necessarily “beat your ass” like some kind of skilled fighter. He’s more of a “extreme torture” or “erase your existence in the most gruesome way” type of guy.

There’s an episode that perfectly shows this. He made plans within plans and knew what everyone was gonna do before they do them 😭. He also has technology capable of giving him all the info he needs anyways.

Lets just
List out all the wincons both sides have, and we will see whos the most likely to use them first. knowing Rick tbh, he may be the first one to do so?

Really i just wanna know which team is fighting Superman and Goku (or i guess would have a better time with them)

Assuming they succeed in killing Rick (which I highly doubt will be the case given how massively intelligent he is)
The omnidirectional attacks from the Phosphorescent Phaser in question:
Rick will come back very much prepared to deal with them. Rick with prep time is capable of achieving desirable results by planning complex processes that include how characters he has never met will reacte & act in specific ways many times within the same plan, with Rick predicting them to do that as part of his plan. In other words, Rick is so intelligent and his information analysis is so potent that all of his opponent’s moves and behaviors are pre-determined.
Does this account for supernatural luck? For chaos manipulation?
And even if Rick does know exactly what they'll do, so will they; the Trovian has the Sun-Touched Shimmerwing's Cosmic Awareness in addition to their own precog to get glimpses into the future in the midst of battle
Also the reasons why you believe Rick can’t get rid of them doesn’t seem strong. They sound limited; they can run out and Rick will prevent them from refilling the death defying whatever it’s called.
Trovian returns from death automatically a minimum of 16 times. They can place down Rejuvenation Stations at any moment and craft them with minimal resources, which fully heals them and refreshes the amount of times they can revive
You can destroy them but there's nothing stopping the Trovian from just using the other ones they might craft/have in the midst of battle

Trovian can also use an Origin Portal Potion to travel to their own world and use the Rejuvenation Stations there anyways
Player's respawning isn't nearly as limited, he can just respawn in his Online Players key just like Rick is made out to be here
I thought this was a stats equal tourney regardless knocking Rick out with sheer AP just simply isn’t an option at all
Trovian has multipliers, a lot of them. Gunslinger's aren't too egregious but the Tomb Raiser has power multipliers that go over 20 for the Grave Goliath's attacks at maximum size, which would be enough to knock out via AP alone. Other classes also have high multipliers like the Fae Trickster, whose damage is multiplied by 6.5 from all sources if they don't get hit; stacking with their other multipliers from their moves as well
Knockout is an option
  • how does the empathic manipulation work?
Trovian's isn't actually all that special, misnamed
Player's empathic is basically a mind-altering hax that forces the inflicted to chase after the user until they go insane, this happens upon hitting any attack from any fun that afflicts Charm
  • what else can they do?
I cannot paraphrase the hax list right now, just read over the pages in the meantime

Notable things I remember off the top of my head is that Trovian has sealing and BFR capabilities with Balefire and the Burnished Banisher respectively (the latter BFRing the enemy outside of reality and into the void beyond)

And that Player has technology and magic negation with the use of specific weapons and Pets that disable such abilities upon hit, and overloading the enemy's mind with petabytes of information with the BIG DATA or just transmuting him into a sheep and shoot him with a bazooka right after

Sure but they will be facing a Rick that is very much prepared to take them out each time. There is an infinite number of ricks that Rick can call upon. And Rick can clone himself at least nigh indefinitely.

As I have said before, Rick can not be killed by conventional means so I will ignoring attacks that are not capable of bypassing the above ^

Does this account for supernatural luck? For chaos manipulation?
And even if Rick does know exactly what they'll do, so will they; the Trovian has the Sun-Touched Shimmerwing's Cosmic Awareness in addition to their own precog to get glimpses into the future in the midst of battle

Does supernatural luck and chaos manipulation account for Rick building a device to know everything Volex brawlers can possibly do in every possible timeline?

Trovian returns from death automatically a minimum of 16 times. They can place down Rejuvenation Stations at any moment and craft them with minimal resources, which fully heals them and refreshes the amount of times they can revive
You can destroy them but there's nothing stopping the Trovian from just using the other ones they might craft/have in the midst of battle

Trovian can also use an Origin Portal Potion to travel to their own world and use the Rejuvenation Stations there anyways
Player's respawning isn't nearly as limited, he can just respawn in his Online Players key just like Rick is made out to be here

There are many many many ways Rick can deal with this, but based on what I’ve mentioned already in this thread, Rick can spawn a portal on the rejuvenation station to destroy it. Rick can summon or spawn any amount of an army of himself to overwhelm Volex brawlers to the point where it doesn’t matter.

Rick will definitely track and follow them into their world or any world given his portals can access anywhere in the infinite multiverse. So under SBA he should be able to. The only being Rick could not track is Rick himself because that version of Rick is the rickiest Rick (heck I think Rick STILL found him eventually). So yeah Rick simply destroys the rejuvenation stations there. Volex brawlers isn’t safe anywhere.

Trovian's isn't actually all that special, misnamed
Player's empathic is basically a mind-altering hax that forces the inflicted to chase after the user until they go insane, this happens upon hitting any attack from any fun that afflicts Charm

All the Ricks have many mind altering weapons so it’ll be kind impossible to dodge em or any attack really from all the Ricks the same way Rick’s can dodge this one or restabilize their fellow Rick’s altered mind with technology.

I cannot paraphrase the hax list right now, just read over the pages in the meantime

Notable things I remember off the top of my head is that Trovian has sealing and BFR capabilities with Balefire and the Burnished Banisher respectively (the latter BFRing the enemy outside of reality and into the void beyond)

And that Player has technology and magic negation with the use of specific weapons and Pets that disable such abilities upon hit, and overloading the enemy's mind with petabytes of information with the BIG DATA or just transmuting him into a sheep and shoot him with a bazooka right after

Rick could always just kill himself to come back. Also I’m pretty sure by this point Volex brawlers will be up against an army of ricks which can’t all be BFR-ed or sealed. Especially when all those ricks can also BFR and seal Volex brawlers with the portal guns and weapons.

overloading the mind of someone that deals with things on an infinite scale is quite uncommon but yet again Rick can stop it or kill himself to come back or so on and so forth. Also shooting Rick with a bazooka after turning him into a ship will just bring him back to life. So that point is moot.

Honestly if the hax aren’t good enough to beat an army of ricks that can overwhelm kill Volex brawler multiple times over with multiple haxes. I’m just gonna go ahead and vote for Mad scientists.

On your next message please don’t talk about killing Rick if Volex can’t take care of the Phoenix Project bringing him back to life or a Rick that knows everything they will ever do and killing them accordingly and thoroughly by eliminating all their means of resurrection. Please take the time to reread all our previous arguments.

As I have said before, Rick can not be killed by conventional means so I will ignoring attacks that are not capable of bypassing the above ^
He can still die, it will just cause another Rick to be spawned with the Phoenix Project
Does supernatural luck and chaos manipulation account for Rick building a device to know everything Volex brawlers can possibly do in every possible timeline?
Those kind of come with the package... also, technology disabling from Player, remember? It isn't even OOC for Player to try to do this right off the bat, since most tech and gadgets in PG3D kills them in two shots or less within seconds, they would bumrush Rick and Johnny with tons of statuses as soon as the battle begins
There are many many many ways Rick can deal with this, but based on what I’ve mentioned already in this thread, Rick can spawn a portal on the rejuvenation station to destroy it. Rick can summon or spawn any amount of an army of himself to overwhelm Volex brawlers to the point where it doesn’t matter.

Rick will definitely track and follow them into their world or any world given his portals can access anywhere in the infinite multiverse. So under SBA he should be able to. The only being Rick could not track is Rick himself because that version of Rick is the rickiest Rick (heck I think Rick STILL found him eventually). So yeah Rick simply destroys the rejuvenation stations there. Volex brawlers isn’t safe anywhere.
That's only really a wincon against Trovian, and even so they can just reincarnate after death and go back to where they were with teleportation, Origin Portal Potion, etc. With their Flasks fully regenerated and the process to permanently kill the Trovian taking longer than before thanks to the Death-Defying Vial
All the Ricks have many mind altering weapons
Trovian resists mindhax
Rick could always just kill himself to come back
How
.Also I’m pretty sure by this point Volex brawlers will be up against an army of ricks which can’t all be BFR-ed or sealed. Especially when all those ricks can also BFR and seal Volex brawlers with the portal guns and weapons.
Trovian is an Extraordinary Genius and Player is a Genius in combat. They aren't just going to mindlessly keep killing Rick and see that more Ricks are coming and not suspect duplication, when especially the Trovian has fought enemies with similar reincarnative abilities (Vengeful Pinata God, Shadow Titans, Undertow in general). If killing him does not work the first time they're moving to different strats, like the plethora of things they can use to incap
but yet again Rick can stop it or kill himself to come back or so on and so forth. Also shooting Rick with a bazooka after turning him into a ship will just bring him back to life.
That's just Player's first move when turning people into sheep since that's how the item specifies the way he uses it. He will just keep Rick as a sheep after noticing that killing him does not work
On your next message please don’t talk about killing Rick if Volex can’t take care of the Phoenix Project bringing him back to life or a Rick that knows everything they will ever do and killing them accordingly and thoroughly by eliminating all their means of resurrection. Please take the time to reread all our previous arguments.
Player has mid-godly Regen and abstract existence type 2 in this key. He exists solely as information which allows him to just respawn (as seen in official animations) from basically anything. The video describes this as his soul coming back into a new body, but Player can be killed with soul-targeting weapons and still come back so it isn't a soul thing. He can't take down Player as easily as he can Trovian (which isn't even easy to begin with, the process is long as they need to take lethal damage 16 times before actually dying).

Rick's profile mentions that the Phoenix Project makes a clone of Rick from his body specifically in both P&A and NA&T. No soul stuff mentioned there regarding the PP whatsoever in Rick's page; unless the episode mentions soul or consciousness stuff rather explicitly the match should consider that the PP brings Rick back from his corpse. So either the Trovian kills Rick which causes his body to deconstruct and then EE moments later, or the Brawlers can simply incap him the first time (which, I'll admit, IS NOT LIKELY; they will just shoot him as if he were any other enemy). Both result in a Brawlers W

Let's say that the Phoenix Project does bring him back from his soul and consciousness. Then that's a slightly more experienced Rick or two coming in while the Brawlers maul Johnny. Maybe they'll shoot Rick the second time and then figure out that this isn't working when the Rick army gets larger by the dozen and they're all fighting the team in smarter ways. They're not going to keep mindlessly killing until there are near-infinite Ricks that counter their every move

Then the Brawlers would naturally move to incap and try hax away the remaining Ricks without killing them since killing them is obviously making things worse. Player will be spamming technology null (since Rick seems to rely exclusively on that) and transmutation, while Trovian is supporting with supernatural luck, ESP, time stop, cosmic awareness, precog and such.

Perhaps even the Trovian's Sun-Touched Shimmerwing could straight-up just tell them how the Phoenix Project works if they somehow can't figure it out since the STS is aware of events happening years in advance by just looking at specific locations and can sense the intentions of even mindless robots simply through observation (as seen in Awakening the Dawn, The Guiding Light and Portal to Darkness). Learning how a character keeps duplicating and resurrecting themselves in the midst of combat would be trivial in comparison.

Voting Voxel Brawlers FRA

Last edited:
He can still die, it will just cause another Rick to be spawned with the Phoenix Project

Those kind of come with the package... also, technology disabling from Player, remember?

That's only really a wincon against Trovian, and even so they can just reincarnate after death and go back to where they were with teleportation, Origin Portal Potion, etc. With their Flasks fully regenerated and the process to permanently kill the Trovian taking longer than before thanks to the Death-Defying Vial

Trovian resists mindhax

How

Trovian is an Extraordinary Genius and Player is a Genius in combat. They aren't just going to mindlessly keep killing Rick and see that more Ricks are coming and not suspect duplication, when especially the Trovian has fought enemies with similar reincarnative abilities (Vengeful Pinata God, Shadow Titans, Undertow in general). If killing him does not work the first time they're moving to different starts, like the plethora of things they can use to incap

That's just Player's first move when turning people into sheep since that's how the item specifies the way he uses it. He will just keep Rick as a sheep after noticing that killing him does not work

Player has mid-godly Regen and abstract existence type 2 in this key. He exists solely as information which allows him to just respawn (as seen in official animations) from basically anything. The video describes this as his soul coming back into a new body, but Player can be killed with soul-targeting weapons and still come back so it isn't a soul thing. He can't take down Player as easily as he can Trovian (which isn't even easy to begin with, the process is long as they need to take lethal damage 16 times before actually dying).

The profile specifically mentions that the Phoenix Project makes a clone of Rick from his body specifically. No soul stuff mentioned there regarding the PP whatsoever in Rick's page; unless the episode mentions soul or consciousness stuff rather explicitly the match should consider that the PP brings Rick back from his corpse. So either the Trovian kills Rick which causes his body to deconstruct and then EE moments later, or the Brawlers can simply incap him the first time (which, I'll admit, IS NOT LIKELY; they will just shoot him as if he were any other enemy). Both result in a Brawlers W

Let's say that the Phoenix Project does bring him back from his soul and consciousness. Then that's a slightly more experienced Rick or two coming in while the Brawlers maul Johnny. Maybe they'll shoot Rick the second time and then figure out that this isn't working when the Rick army gets larger by the dozen and they're all fighting the team in smarter ways. They're not going to keep mindlessly killing until there are near-infinite Ricks that counter their every move

Then the Brawlers would naturally move to incap and try hax away the remaining Ricks without killing them since killing them is obviously making things worse. Player will be spamming technology null (since Rick seems to rely exclusively on that) and transmutation, while Trovian is supporting with supernatural luck, ESP, cosmic awareness, precog and such.

Perhaps even the Trovian's Sun-Touched Shimmerwing could straight-up just tell them how the Phoenix Project works if they somehow can't figure it out since the STS is aware of events happening years in advance by just looking at specific locations and can sense the intentions of even mindless robots simply through observation (as seen in Awakening the Dawn, The Guiding Light and Portal to Darkness). Learning how a character keeps duplicating and resurrecting themselves in the midst of combat would be trivial in comparison.

Voting Voxel Brawlers FRA
Mid-Godly and AE Type 1 is restricted due to hax limitations, remember?

Back