• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Topaz's Battle Party Tournament: "I Need Healing!" vs Water Shadow Cats

What in the comically large AP gap…?

So uh, Nia can just alter the replication rate of her opponent’s cells, and she can’t die unless her Core Crystal is destroyed - which I don’t believe the opponents would be aware of under SBA

What in the comically large AP gap…?

So uh, Nia can just alter the replication rate of her opponent’s cells, and she can’t die unless her Core Crystal is destroyed - which I don’t believe the opponents would be aware of under SBA
Me when one doesnt read the rules:

Okay so the stats are equal but none of what I said about Nia’s hax would be considered godly to my knowledge

what the **** is this mess of hax good lord

Anyways
Keyaru can simply heal on a molecular level, so im pretty sure that would be able to counter whatever shenanigans is going on with the cell replication rate thing- and death isnt the only wincon available, whats stopping the Terrarian, from, say, i dont know, putting Nia in a portal loop with the portal gun until the Incap time passes? Granted, i dont know what that would be considered as, but its something they can do

(Ah wait, its just simply Portal Creation, but yeah, Terrarian can just lock Nia in a portal loop)

I'm decently knowledgeable on RWBY so ig I can debate here a bit.
whats stopping the Terrarian, from, say, i dont know, putting Nia in a portal loop with the portal gun until the Incap time passes?
Blake could yank her out of the portal loop with Gambol Shroud or send a Shadow-clone to grab her and take her out of the loop.

I'm decently knowledgeable on RWBY so ig I can debate here a bit.

Blake could yank her out of the portal loop with Gambol Shroud or send a Shadow-clone to grab her and take her out of the loop.
That assumes Blake doesnt instantly get fodderized by the Terrarian. As soon as Nia is thrown into the loop, its gonna be hard for Blake to get close enough to pull her out. Sure, shadow clones are gonna be a hassle, though......S.D.M.G plus Cholro bullets (homing bullets) would probably null that

That assumes Blake doesnt instantly get fodderized by the Terrarian.
I mean Blake has goofy skill and can take hits several times stronger than her with her aura so she's gonna be pretty hard to take down.
As soon as Nia is thrown into the loop, its gonna be hard for Blake to get close enough to pull her out.
I mean. Nia can just power null the portal gun so she never gets portaled in the first place.
S.D.M.G plus Cholro bullets (homing bullets) would probably null that
Blake has dealt with homing attacks in the past iirc and Nia can use Kora to induce the "Stop thinking* effect on the Terrarian which would keep them stunned long enough for Blake to get her out.

That assumes Blake doesnt instantly get fodderized by the Terrarian. As soon as Nia is thrown into the loop, its gonna be hard for Blake to get close enough to pull her out. Sure, shadow clones are gonna be a hassle, though......S.D.M.G plus Cholro bullets (homing bullets) would probably null that
I mean Nia will technically be Blake's blade here and heal her

Well, as long as Keyaru is alive, which the Terrarian would consider a priority (as Keyaru is healing him as well), a lot of what Blake and Nia can do will be null

Actually, wait, if this is just comp Terrarian (all armors and whatnot), wouldnt that mean he also has the Stardust Guardian plus at least 9-11 summons? Feels like that would impact the fight (As in, the summons wont be affected by the stop thinking effect (which sounds like Mind Manip, which Terrarian resists anyways), by keeping Blake away from Nia while in the portal loop

Let us not forget how powerful the Zenith is as well, Terrarian of course gets that

Anyways, lets start with Blake. Anything i dont mention is SBA, so the two teams would be several kilometers apart to start, so already, the Terrarian has the absolute range advantage, mobility advantage with flight, and sure, Blake's Aura would give her some extra durability, though, damage over time debuffs like Cursed Flame, Poison, anything really negates regeneration and bypasses durability. Basically, the Terrarian has too much bullshit, the range, and mobility to make Blake a non issue for him

Nia is going to be more of an issue, because Core Crystal shenangians, but im pretty sure most forms of Immortality get restricted by the hax cap, but uh- Ankh Shield also makes the Terrarian resist Power Null (yeah, shield funny), so no silencing of his magical equipment (Ankh Shield makes you immune to Silenced (no magic attacks), and Cursed (no items at all).

Yeah Terrarian has too much bullshit for the two of them to handle, and with a competent healer at its side, yeah-

I mean granted without it all being composited the Terrarian would still be extremely dangerous, but i mean i can go down to specific armor/accessory loadouts if needed

I mean granted without it all being composited the Terrarian would still be extremely dangerous, but i mean i can go down to specific armor/accessory loadouts if needed
Probably better to use and switch between specific loadouts honestly

Alright, heres why i think "I Need Healing" would win out

The Terrarian has too much weapon, tool, and skill variety for the cats to handle, and has the intelligence to boot to figure out a plan of action no matter what
The loadout system means the Terrarian can swap to whatever he needs to in any situation
Terrarian can give Keyaru his overpowered weapons, armor, potions, etc etc
Terrarian has range advantage and can use it with SBA
Ankh Shield is the one stop solution to any status effects the cats can try on him
Terrarias debuffs are absolute wack, Ichor, Cursed Flames, Venom, all of them are potent damage of time (except Ichor, but thats for defense reduction.)
Terrarians stat boosts are nuts, with weapon modifiers, accessory modifiers, and potions.
Terrarian has superior mobility, with the Celestial Starboard allowing him to shoot up in the air quickly, hover, and the Soaring Insignia allows him to do this as long as he wants

Theres too much to list, but thats the important stuff anyways

For starters, I don't think the portal gun is a realistic incap method. Like, correct me if I'm wrong, but someone would have to actually fall into a portal to be affected, so it's not like you can just point at someone and instantly incap them. That aside, Nia seems to possess multiple means of teleportation, so she can just... leave. The Terrarian also doesn't seem to have a counter to Nia's probability manipulation, death manipulation, biological manipulation, durability negation, and damage transferal, which is a problem.
The loadout system means the Terrarian can swap to whatever he needs to in any situation
Is that actually canon or just a game mechanic?

Ankh Shield is the one stop solution to any status effects the cats can try on him
Terrarias debuffs are absolute wack, Ichor, Cursed Flames, Venom, all of them are potent damage of time (except Ichor, but thats for defense reduction.)
Terrarians stat boosts are nuts, with weapon modifiers, accessory modifiers, and potions.
Nia has basically all of this already.
Terrarian has superior mobility, with the Celestial Starboard allowing him to shoot up in the air quickly, hover, and the Soaring Insignia allows him to do this as long as he wants
Arguably not as good as teleportation.

i mean at this point i dont see a ******* point to it anymore, i simply cannot give enough of a shit, let the cats move on so i can be free from this hell i have created

Back