• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Topaz's Battle Party Tournament: Determined Friendship vs MIGUEL

Yippee my first match
So Kirby can hit JJK Miguel with a Friend Heart and bring him on the side of friendship pretty easily. Spider Miguel would be a hit harder to hit cause his precog and perception manip but I feel like Frisk can talk him out of fighting them cause I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be too keen on beating up a random kid that's actively trying to not fight.

Ah yes, the nonlethal route i see. Well, i didnt specify wincons so yeah i guess that works
lets see what the other side has to say, aye?

JJK Miguel also has precog or something according to the recent chapter.
How good is his precog?
Also he could null it with Black Rope
I'm not 100% sure if it's gonna null Friend Hearts cause it's not Cursed Energy and probably wouldn't be equalized to it. And even if it does null the Friend Hearts, Kirby can just spam Friend Hearts till one hits or until the Black Rope runs out.

How good is his precog?
ot6odho210rc1.jpeg

I might be missing some context but I don't see precog being used here, it seems to be a regular dodging feat. But if he does have precog Kirby can go for AoE with moves like cook or slow time with Time Crash, though it's probably more likely that Frisk just convinces JJK Miguel to stop fighting before Kirby would have use them.

Yeahhhh, i am kinda leaning towards Determined Friendship, though, if forced to kill, what would Kirby/Frisk do?
(they arent but i like my hypotheticals)

Yeahhhh, i am kinda leaning towards Determined Friendship, though, if forced to kill, what would Kirby/Frisk do?
(they arent but i like my hypotheticals)
Frisk honesty doesn't have the best offensive stuff due to not having optimal equipment here and due to most of their hax being defensive but Frisk is a skilled fighter and can amp their AP with Flex. On the other hand, Kirby has many offensive options and can simply inhale them if his Friend Hearts don't work.

Yeah rules dont really favor Frisk when it comes to actual combat, but it seems Kirby can easily compensate for that lol

If no arguments for MIGUEL come up within another day or so, im just gonna move this on.
(really shouldve instated a rule for some form of time limit of no responses lul)

To keep things consistent, and keep things going, i need to say that today is the last debate day- thank you for understanding

Miguel was literally on board with a genocide so I doubt Frisk is gonna talk him down.
Wasn't that Spidervese Miguel? Afaik Shattered Dimensions Miguel isn't like that. And even so, I don't think either Miguel would beat up a random child who's actively trying for pacifism.

JJK Miguel
"He's Miguel, he's Miguel, you're Miguel, I'm Miguel! Are there any other Miguels I should know about?!"
Well, Frisk can use Check on JJK Miguel to see his emotional state to pacify him better. Frisk can also focus on convincing Shattered Dimensions Miguel to join their side which would likely lead to JJK Miguel giving up due to his partner already doing so. And if JJk Miguel can't be talked down, Frisk can weaken and power null his Black Rope with Stare, put him to sleep with Sing, or just 3v1 him with Kirby and Shattered Dimensions Miguel.

Also, the biggest thing here is that team MIGUEL has no way around Frisk's saving and loading, basically giving them infinite tries until the fight plays out in their favor.

Also, the biggest thing here is that team MIGUEL has no way around Frisk's saving and loading, basically giving them infinite tries until the fight plays out in their favor.
Huh, i thought that would also fall as a Godly level thing (thats what i assumed anyways)

Ahhhhh, though, is there a way to counter it? (The restriction to High with hax was done with that in mind)

Ahhhhh, though, is there a way to counter it? (The restriction to High with hax was done with that in mind)
A sufficient amount of deaths can make a user of Determination give up, although that could take a lot of deaths. Also, I'm pretty sure they can't come back if their soul is destroyed completely.

So uh, with that in mind- yeah i dont know what the hell MIGUEL is gonna do. Frisk is pretty much immortal to them, and if Kirby is driven to kill- he can and will. Damn.

Back