• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Topaz's Battle Party Tournament: Voxel Brawlers vs Mad Scientists!

Oh, so Regen is capped to High for Trovian

...and Resurrection is limited too. How does this affect Rick? As far as I'm concerned that is one of the best resurrections on the thread and maybe even the wiki. How limited is it ?
If it's a limited number of times they can resurrect, then Brawlers just keep killing until it's over

...and Resurrection is limited too. How does this affect Rick? As far as I'm concerned that is one of the best resurrections on the thread and maybe even the wiki. How limited is it ?
images

Ack *****! I do apologize, i was hoping Arnold would come and respond.....but im sure due to life stuff (and the fact that the rest of his teams are also in Set 2 lmao)
But yeah, as to not have this match be a complete crap fast of both teams just reviving over and over till the end of history, i will restrict any form of Resurrections to a limited amount. The random number i have chosen is.....ten

For both side, btw, because ive seen the Voxels can also do so as well

Last edited:
Wel, my original post still stands. I don't know if the characters are aware of the 10-ressurection rule or not, but if they don't then it doesn't change

Well, there will still be a virtual infinite amount of Ricks assuming the newly-sunmoned clones also have 10 lives, I think

But I digress. Waiting for arnoldstone

He can still die, it will just cause another Rick to be spawned with the Phoenix Project

Arguing semantics won’t get us anywhere. Obviously my statement was figurative.

Those kind of come with the package... also, technology disabling from Player, remember? It isn't even OOC for Player to try to do this right off the bat, since most tech and gadgets in PG3D kills them in two shots or less within seconds, they would bumrush Rick and Johnny with tons of statuses as soon as the battle begins

Well if you can explain how the technology in this verse is more advanced than the technology Rick develops then sure I would agree that the Player can block Rick’s tech from working. But given Rick is far more intelligent I don’t see that happening.

Rick could also just mess with The Player’s tech too via just straight up hacking it. I also see that the Player is data itself so I see Rick building something to assimilating the Player’s existence.

Phoenix project remember? If he kills himself he will come back to life

Trovian is an Extraordinary Genius and Player is a Genius in combat. They aren't just going to mindlessly keep killing Rick and see that more Ricks are coming and not suspect duplication, when especially the Trovian has fought enemies with similar reincarnative abilities (Vengeful Pinata God, Shadow Titans, Undertow in general). If killing him does not work the first time they're moving to different strats, like the plethora of things they can use to incap

Rick is a supergenius capable of outsmarting and embarrassing other supergeniuses. This Rick is even capable of outsmarting other versions of Ricks who are also supergeniuses so I don’t see him carelessly they will be able to suspect duplication or his resurrection before it’s too late cuz Rick will immediately go for one shot haxes.

Incapacitating Rick would be nigh impossible considering the amount of counters I’ve mentioned to their haxes mentioned here thus far. Not to mention the sheer number of ricks to incap is also a problem.

That's only really a wincon against Trovian, and even so they can just reincarnate after death and go back to where they were with teleportation, Origin Portal Potion, etc. With their Flasks fully regenerated and the process to permanently kill the Trovian taking longer than before thanks to the Death-Defying Vial

There are enough ricks to accomplish the job no matter what it takes or how long it takes.

That's just Player's first move when turning people into sheep since that's how the item specifies the way he uses it. He will just keep Rick as a sheep after noticing that killing him does not work

Rick wouldn’t be dumb enough to get turned into a sheep again. He will never make the same mistake twice and he will take extreme precautions to prevent that. Volex has to get rid of Rick very fast and given Rick will keep strategizing and there will be many of them seeing that Rick will be able to tell how dangerous Volex brawlers are.

The players data like nature will be a problem for someone capable of hacking and dealing with technology.

Even if Volex knew of the phoenix project somehow they have no way of dismantling it unless they are capable of pinpointing every station across the multiverse.

The PP also downloads ricks consciousness so I don’t see it specifically requiring his soul considering that was never mentioned.

I don’t see them ******* with a tech from a super genius.

In truth, Rick would immediately BFR them at the start of the fight given their first moves are to start shooting at him. Of course Rick is capable of defending against that but he will always go for the most convenient option with is just straight up removing them from the battlefield. Rick’s BFR works via many ways like spawning a portal that deconstructs them and removes them or a portal that takes them into another dimension where a day is like years in that dimension. If they can somehow come back from BFR or resist BFR then we can talk about how Volex Brawlers will retaliate but by then Rick would’ve probably anticipated their return and prepared adequately for it. With preparation Rick would just do anything from straight up outsmarting them after knowing all the ways they could kill him via the death crystal to time manipulation to death manipulation (touching Rick induces death, he also has weapons that straight up kill things) to deconstruction to transmutation to… the list goes on and all the Ricks can do it.

So I really don’t see Volex Brawlers getting out of the instant BFR to begin with much less the other things they have to worry about from other versions and clones ricks.

I’m just seeing this new rule on resurrection but I don’t think Rick needs more than 2 deaths to beat Volex Brawlers.

Before the 1st death Rick would go for a brutal BFR which disintegrates the opponents in the process.

After the 1st death will be straight up bombardment of every hax on hand. Including cloning or calling other ricks.

After 2nd death Rick will absolutely go into preparation and straight up body his opponents with his highest arsenals of hax.

Of course, I don’t see Rick dying more than once assuming his forcefields, intelligence advantage and bfrs don’t work.

Last edited:
Well if you can explain how the technology in this verse is more advanced than the technology Rick develops then sure I would agree that the Player can block Rick’s tech from working. But given Rick is far more intelligent I don’t see that happening.
Rick's first move is BFR, there are PG3D gadgets that BFR that get negated. Arguing which technology of which verse is more sophisticated is quite literally inarguable so I won't bother. I'd assume the technology level would also get equalized considering everything else is
Rick could also just mess with The Player’s tech too via just straight up hacking it. I also see that the Player is data itself so I see Rick building something to assimilating the Player’s existence.
Several PG3D weapons are capable of hacking things and there are even enemies in the campaign that have gained control of the very same information-space that makes up the Player by that point and they can't hack the Player. He resists hacking based on that, he can also get killed with data-altering weapons that i've mentioned before and still be fine on the respawn
Phoenix project remember? If he kills himself he will come back to life
How is he killing himself as a sheep? In the backrooms, with no environmental hazards? Why would the other team just allow him to do that even if he could????
Rick is a supergenius capable of outsmarting and embarrassing other supergeniuses. This Rick is even capable of outsmarting other versions of Ricks who are also supergeniuses so I don’t see him carelessly they will be able to suspect duplication or his resurrection before it’s too late cuz Rick will immediately go for one shot haxes.
Just because Rick is smart does not mean Rick's intelligence makes people stupid... They would know he duplicates and resurrects as soon as they kill him once, and only being generous would they go on the offensive again and try to kill him the same way

Also, what one shot haxes in particular
Incapacitating Rick would be nigh impossible considering the amount of counters I’ve mentioned to their haxes mentioned here
What counters??? You just said "well he's smarter so technology disabling hax doesn't work and they won't suspect anything before he kills them with one-shot hax (doesn't mention the one-shot hax)"
thus far. Not to mention the sheer number of ricks to incap is also a problem.
There are enough ricks to accomplish the job no matter what it takes or how long it takes.
All the other Ricks can be killed once and they won't come back, this was specified
Rick wouldn’t be dumb enough to get turned into a sheep again. He will never make the same mistake twice and he will take extreme precautions to prevent that.
Alternatively they can just turn him into something else with the other transmutation weapons they have that work in different ways, with even less options to work with than a sheep; like a floating ERROR sign, a beetle or a weird jelly skin mutant. All transmutations disable the use of technology and weapons in PG3D, by the way, so that's even more tech null stacked on top of the regular one he's already inflicting
Even if Volex knew of the phoenix project somehow they have no way of dismantling it unless they are capable of pinpointing every station across the multiverse.
They don't need to, they can just play around it... like not killing Rick as soon as they learn of it. Which the Sun-Touched Shimmerwing would do as soon as Rick dies the first time.
The PP also downloads ricks consciousness so I don’t see it specifically requiring his soul considering that was never mentioned.
The mangled consciousness that was overloaded with petabytes of information and is insane as a result of Charm? Also show me where it's specified that it downloads his consciousness
I don’t see them ******* with a tech from a super genius.
?
In truth, Rick would immediately BFR them at the start of the fight given their first moves are to start shooting at him. Of course Rick is capable of defending against that but he will always go for the most convenient option with is just straight up removing them from the battlefield.
BFR does not work on Trovian, they've been shown to fight out of the underworld and back into the world of the living after dying + the Origin Portal Potion can just make them come back from this. For PG3D player it's debatable but with the Denied! gadget they can just "kill" themselves and teleport back to the fight's original point in an instant
Rick’s BFR works via many ways like spawning a portal that deconstructs them and removes them or a portal that takes them into another dimension where a day is like years in that dimension
Trovian can come back from simultaneous deconstruction and EE immediately, Player can Denied! and come back. Also, precognition would tell them to get away as soon as it spawns into existence
If they can somehow come back from BFR or resist BFR then we can talk about how Volex Brawlers will retaliate but by then Rick would’ve probably anticipated their return and prepared adequately for it. With preparation Rick would just do anything from straight up outsmarting them after knowing all the ways they could kill him via the death crystal to time manipulation to death manipulation (touching Rick induces death, he also has weapons that straight up kill things) to deconstruction to transmutation to… the list goes on and all the Ricks can do it.
Thing is, they would not be going anywhere and if they did they'd be back in less than a minute. These point is moot, he would need to do something that would work in the moment. Death crystals look like they take time so he wouldn't be able to precog them

Anyways, Player can also just blitz Rick as well with the Mystic Potion, boosting his speed by 1000% with the only caveat being a 20% intelligence debuff. He would be moving faster than Rick can react, and Trovian has a passive combat speed increase by 400% thanks to Shadow Blitz, and can triple that speed with Berserk Battler. Alternatively, the Trovian can also create duplicates of themselves that, while they are one-shot in stat equal matches because they have HP in the single digits, they are still identical to the Trovian in every way and can employ their moves and abilities as normal.

Trovian can turn into a Fae Trickster and spam Blink, creating illusory clones that force Rick to attack them with basic physical attacks until they are destroyed. It doesn't matter if the enemy had clear sight of the Trovian before Blink and absolutely knows which one is the real one since the clones are obviously holographic, typically immobile and see-through. That would give them enough time to figure out what to do with him after evaporating Johnny in the meantime.
All this is happening while the Fortune Finder is passively bending reality in the Trovian's favor and they're constantly being told what's coming next by their own premonitions and the Sun-Touched Shimmerwing's stuff. Also while Player is negating his tech (which would also include the BFR portals considering Player also uses portals to BFR), disabling his ability to jump, pulling Rick to him, inducing blindness and such. And returning back his own to an earlier point if things go south with the Time Machine, also reverting any BFR or adverse effects that Rick would try on him
Before the 1st death Rick would go for a brutal BFR which disintegrates the opponents in the process.
No work for reasons above
After the 1st death will be straight up bombardment of every hax on hand. Including cloning or calling other ricks.
How much of this is negated by being made into an ordinary mindless beetle or having his tech nullified
After 2nd death Rick will absolutely go into preparation and straight up body his opponents with his highest arsenals of hax.
They're not killing him a third time, they're going for incap. They'll know he's coming back and prep accordingly
Of course, I don’t see Rick dying more than once assuming his forcefields, intelligence advantage and bfrs don’t work.
Forcefields wouldn't even work anyways because Trovian and Player both have methods of negating such things, the former's case being through the sheer AP difference and the latter being through the Piercer gun

Really, I fail to see how Rick is dealing with these mounds of negative hax while also being speed blitzed by people 10x and 12x faster than him thanks to speed boosts, and being forced to waste time punching an illusion until it goes away. He can't react to the Brawlers in time before exhausting the resurrection counter or getting securely incapped by one of many methods I've mentioned already. Or he can just be social influenced into submission with the Festive Finery's child-like cheer infection, which also happens to be passive since the Trovian just needs to be wearing it (and they can switch hats on a dime)

The Rick clones wouldn't really be effective anyways, as Prismatic Blast makes an explosion around the Trovian that deals 4x their power as damage and gives them a 70% damage buff per explosion, and the effects of Prismatic Chain would make the explosions extend to every single Rick on the battlefield if they're even remotely close to the AOE, so Trovian is constantly getting 70% strength multipliers that eventually lead to them just one-shotting whatever comes onto the battlefield before they can do anything since everything is covered in one-shot explosions from Explosive Epilogue and Prismatic Chain. If they need to go nuclear they certainly can, Rick's clones only help them do that

Last edited:
Tournament is pretty slow anyways already, considering ending it because of it (and other poor choices on my end)

Oh yeah, thats true. I guess if Voxel Brawlers move on they get to fight the Super Dragons, and ill go contact who submitted it on their wall

Rick's first move is BFR, there are PG3D gadgets that BFR that get negated. Arguing which technology of which verse is more sophisticated is quite literally inarguable so I won't bother. I'd assume the technology level would also get equalized considering everything else is

Assuming technology can also be equalized under SBA… The player still can’t just hack something as vague and general as technology. Are you telling me the player can hack a bicycle? A pulley system made thousands of years ago?

I’m gonna assume the answer to those questions is no. So no. I don’t believe the player can hack any type of technology especially something more advanced than anything in their world. Especially something made from a super genius like Rick (Infact evil ricks could’ve hacked it by now is they wanted to). It would be appropriate to call NLF in these types of claims based on the information given to me so far.

There’s also the fact that Rick easily anticipates all of this and BFR the player in such a way that his tech wouldn’t be nullified. Besides you say their starting moves are weapons so Rick would use that to his adavantage to activate his portal stealthily. And yes the portal can spawn on the targets body too. Hell since Rick knows they could take down BFR, he will move to his next set of moves.
Several PG3D weapons are capable of hacking things and there are even enemies in the campaign that have gained control of the very same information-space that makes up the Player by that point and they can't hack the Player. He resists hacking based on that, he can also get killed with data-altering weapons that i've mentioned before and still be fine on the respawn

And how does this respawn work?

Anyways the rule is probably subjected to the player too so the millions of ricks could just take him out 10 times over.

How is he killing himself as a sheep? In the backrooms, with no environmental hazards? Why would the other team just allow him to do that even if he could????
Rick could just make an instant kill device before hand. Keep in mind this scenario only happens if Rick fails at working around it which is very unlikely given the intelligence gap, but Rick would’ve already prepared for the worst case.

Johnny and other ricks are there to kill the sheep. Rick would obviously anticipate that he would be turned into a sheep and tell Johnny to kill him if he fails to prevent what he foresees, which is unlikely given the haxes Rick can use to prevent that imo.

Just because Rick is smart does not mean Rick's intelligence makes people stupid... They would know he duplicates and resurrects as soon as they kill him once, and only being generous would they go on the offensive again and try to kill him the same way

Also, what one shot haxes in particular

Actually it does. Rick would perceive them as stupid and can easily outsmart other super geniuses. Hell, like I’ve said before, he can outsmart and embarrass most versions of himself and there’s an infinite number of himself in the multiverse.

What one shot hax? Ranges from instant death manipulation, anti matter destruction, transmutation, etc.

Uh… sorry this is too much for me or anyone else to respond to. You said earlier Volex brawler’s first move is to shoot at Rick and Johnny before utilizing other cards at their disposal. Everything below should be read and responded to in full otherwise you would risk nitpicking or taking things out of context and I really don’t have time to correct every paragraph quote so I recommend just reading everything between horizontal lines as one bulk of information:

With Rick’s vastly superior intellect, he can predict how people will behave in several moments and how they react. He will create plans that work around that to achieve desirable results. Has the social influencing to buy himself time if needed. Rick also has clairvoyance to actually see the future. The player has different delays when firing weapons. Rick’s Teleportation can be instantaneous.

All of this will allow Rick to force prep time and/or decide if he should start with BFR or just go straight for his best moves. Nothing stops Rick from leaving the battlefield via all of the above or killing himself.

Rick can duplicate and see timelines with equal probable futures to ensure he works around all of the wincons against him.
Rick has and can create devices to negate many advanced forms of technology. Including one that prevents someone from control reality or even devices that can plot as listed on the profile. So the player isn’t the only one with that ability and Rick is far more likely to use it first given all his foresight advantages, social influencing and time manipulation. Rick can duplicate time lines with similar but not equal to escape any action. All of the above are on his page.

Rick only does any or all of these when needed and he definitely knows when to and when not to use it to outsmart his opponents with his high-end super genius rating. He will deduce/scan and exploit every weakness they have.

Now what are their counters to Memory eraser,
Anti matter erasure, all forms of Time manipulation, assimilating the player into a simulated reality to seal him unknowingly like how Morty is never aware of the changes in reality.

Does the matter manipulation resistance feat apply on a subatomic level? If so ignore.

Back