• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top Five Strongest Characters For Every Tier

Interdimensionality can be used for both universe and spatial dimensions. It's been a long time since I've read the series, but I know it gave me the impression that it was talking about spatial dimensions, especially since in latter entries every time they used the word "dimension" they meant spacial dimension, not another universe. Could be wrong though.

Kaltias said:
I don't thin that Q beats Homulilly in terms of "How many people can you beat", even if she might be able to win the match.

Subconscious mind hax with 2-A potency and all (Don't feel like arguing if it would work on Q because i hate "Robot vs mindhax" debates, but it still allows Homulilly to punch way out of her weight class)
I mentioned that already and according to some people it's "subjective" to scale by that standard.

@Darg It says "Quite mistaken" at the end. Doesn't that mean the interdimensionality statement is false?

Andytrenom said:
@Darg It says "Quite mistaken" at the end. Doesn't that mean the interdimensionality statement is false?
Yes and no.

We don't ever get an idea of what is actually happening, but we do know that it was similar enough to the interdimensionality statement to fool scientists into thinking it was that for a long period of time. Since we don't see it properly corrected later in the series we'd have to default to "something like this".

I don't think it really works like that. A theory being "quite mistaken" in no certain terms means that it is false and if you don't know the actual explanation, that simply means you don't know the actual explanation and don't have the information to determine the actual mechanism of the ability.

This is assuming the statement is from a reliable source.

Andytrenom said:
I don't think it really works like that. A theory being "quite mistaken" in no certain terms means that it is false and if you don't know the actual explanation, that simply means you don't know the actual explanation and don't have the information to determine the actual mechanism of the ability.
We can confirm from that statement that "it worked in a way that made scientists think it worked lke this", so assuming it functions similarly is the best assumption.

Statement was from people who directly worked with and created them.

@Dargoo

It functioning in a way that it gives similar results to the theory does not mean basing the details of the ability from that very theory is the best assumption especially when that theory is outright stated to be false.

The only thing you can take from that statement is "it is similar to interdimensionality because you don't die when your parts gets segmented"

I'm not saying to assume the theory, though, I'm saying to assume it's something similar.

@Dargoo But you aren't assuming its something similar, you are assuming it works just like the scientists theorised, aka sending parts of one to other dimensions.

The statement makes it clear why scientists came up with the "interdimensional" explanation, because those who had organs segmented didn't die. If you want to guess how the ability works based on what conclusions scientists drew about it, you should look at the reaso why they made a conclusion and not the conclusion itself.

Based on the statement, the ability only needs to work in a way that it doesn't kill you after segmenting your organs, it doesn't have to do with altetnate universes or higher dimensions at all.

Andytrenom said:
I've never said it works just like that. I'm not sure where you got that impression.

Yes, interdimensionality is denied in that statement. However we have no other information to go off of in regards to where the stuff goes. The whole point of the passages is that those theories can't be used to explain where it sends stuff away, or any form of modern science. If anything the BFR would be more significant than interdimensionality or as it was later mentioned extradimensionality.

So I guess "it BFRs stuff to the point where the location can't be defined by modern scientific interpretations of other universes/dimensions" would be the most accurate interpretation. If they had deduced to extra/interdimensionality already before that was shown to be off they likely already took other locations in the same universe out of the equation.

Presence is a pretty strong 1-A but Hajun is like infinitely above base line 1-A and Shub Nigurath is like infinite infinites above baseline 1-A I think.

What about above all others? I know they are weaker than HOTU Thanos, but they are still an aspect of the One Above All. I'm implying that if Heaven Ascension Dio gets in with his non reality warping form. Above All Others should be allowed because Heaven Ascension Dio is technically 2-A with his reality warping.

Ecetereis said:
What about above all others? I know they are weaker than HOTU Thanos, but they are still an aspect of the One Above All. I'm implying that if Heaven Ascension Dio gets in with his non reality warping form. Above All Others should be allowed because Heaven Ascension Dio is technically 2-A with his reality warping.
No profile

I think it's rather expected that someone becoming overall 2-C wouldn't keep their ability to erase 1-A beings.

Back