• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top Five Strongest Characters For Every Tier

@Ogbunabali

Well he needs to wish for most of them, except for 3 desires which he constantly has (a passive mindset, which is what makes them passive, like many other people on the wiki) "passive protection", "everything goes smoothly for me" and "i don't want to fight" (as in win a match without fighting, which resulted in him winning 1 tournament and got up to the semifinals where he wanted to fight, without a single fight cus they all die or other things happen to them before the fight). The passive protection insures that he is practically untouchable, physical and magical attacks will miss, hax will fail to activate or will end up with problems that make them not work on him etc. The other passives are fate hax. And while being passively fate and prob haxed on top of Amane's already dumb luck, DIO ain't doing much.

@Blackcurrant

That's false. Idk where the wiki got that from tbh. Utakata Misogi who has 1 of the best causality manip haxes in the series got absolutely desimated and was put into a coma after fighting Amane. So yeah...his ability didn't help him there.

The ones resistant are the Desperados (idk if it was actually stated/has feats or if it's just logical deduction), because they have a form of acausality (they break their own chains of fate, and don't need to abide by fate anymore, though i can't comment 100% of the abilities of Desperados cus idk japanese and that stuff is not translated yet).

Warren Valion said:
I am 99% sure that you have to prove that Amane's passives can stop DIO's 2-A Reality Overwrite.
A 3D being without resistance not abiding by the fate that was set for them? Lel. Did the wiki rly go from "you have to prove resistance" to "you have to prove the ability works at all"? The 2-A hax isn't passive, if it was then obviously it would stomp. He has to act against the fate Amane created for him (i mean Nameless Glory did that, Amane doesn't know anything) for the 2-A hax to kick in, unless he does that he can't. And since he has no resistance to fate hax, so lul.

TWOH can make Dio resistant. And if the fatehax is via Causality, its not working at all. Plus, I fail to see how a timestop would fail to activate, and since the timestop is indefinite, Dio has unlimited tries to hit him. Dio may trip a few times and whatnot (lel) but he's eventually going to hit.

Doesn't his fate manipulation have to have feats of providing resistance to time stop or reality warping on a 2-A level for it to have a hope in hell of working? I could be heavily mis-understanding how hax work here.

TacticalNuke002 said:
TWOH can make Dio resistant. And if the fatehax is via Causality, its not working at all. Plus, I fail to see how a timestop would fail to activate, and since the timestop is indefinite, Dio has unlimited tries to hit him. Dio may trip a few times and whatnot (lel) but he's eventually going to hit.
"It can make him" Which is slower than passive. It's not done via causality, it was never stated to do so. Dio would just not open up with time stop cus fate hax, then amane just goes "die". (not to mention time stop is not his first in character move, as he fought GER, FV and Jotaro and didn't open up with that).

Firephoenixearl said:
A 3D being without resistance not abiding by the fate that was set for them? Lel. Did the wiki rly go from "you have to prove resistance" to "you have to prove the ability works at all"? The 2-A hax isn't passive, if it was then obviously it would stomp. He has to act against the fate Amane created for him (i mean Nameless Glory did that, Amane doesn't know anything) for the 2-A hax to kick in, unless he does that he can't. And since he has no resistance to fate hax, so lul.
You have to prove that Amane's 3-D power, can stop DIO from releasing his 4-D powers.

Amane's passives are the three wishes to "protect himself", these are them as stated by you.

• "Passive protection"
  • "Everything goes smoothly for me"
  • "I don't want to fight"
What these wishes imply, is that Amane doesn't actively have to fight someone as when they try and attack him, his wishes will bend fate and probability so they can't harm him.

His profile corroborates this:

"Fate Manipulation (Manipulates the fate of the world around him)"

"Power Nullification (When Shizuku tried to ambush Amane she was utterly destroyed because of his wishes making it so that she would make mistakes in the use of mana, thing she as a high-class blazer with abnormal level of mana control considers child's play, as such magical attacks would be almost useless against him)"

You would need to prove that his protection wishes are not going to be able to protect himself against DIO's 4-D powers.

To affect someone specifically, like to kill them for instance - he would actively need to make that wish, like wishing for someone's heart to stop.

Again, the profile corroborates this line of thinking:

"Death Manipulation and Biological Manipulation (If he wishes it he can make anyone's heart instantly stop like he did in his fight versus Ikki)"

You are taking his powers of "lolpassivefateandprobablityhax" and inflating its effectiveness and the character's use of such powers to unimaginable levels.

Either the profile is poorly worded to the context in the series, or you don't understand his powers - because how you describe the ability and how the profile does is different from one another.

TacticalNuke002 said:
Dio doesn't mind his heart stopping. And the moment that happens, he's going to stop time.
Who said it's necessarily going to be his heart that stops. That was just 1 case. I guess i need to mention again "From Amane's point of view the events are random, but they will ultimately lead to his wish". If Amane says "die" and DIO doesn't die, that means the wish failed to work (which cannot happen unless you're unbound by your own fate).

@fire, so you're saying if you have fate manip at all it automatically works up to a 4-D scale? Does he have any death manipulation other then stopping peoples hearts? because Dio could easily reality warp any negative affects of this.

@Warren

Not to protect himself. Those wishes are things he wishes for all the time. He wishes to:

• Avoid fighting (win without fighting, as in the opponent just gets incaped or dies before the fight even happens)
  • Everything to go smoothly (This even affected people's actions like preparing, betraying and even ambushing against the rules)
  • Protection (this is the protection one, it is unknown what the wish is here exactly, but he is just untouchable)
No one said anything about 2-A RO not working. If RO hits him, he's done, he isn't going to make RO fail to work on him. But both DIO and The World are 3D beings. They are both beings which abide by their fate and probability. RO 1 shots him sure, but that's IF these 3D beings can actually manage to use it.

I don't get the rest of your points. Also the Death Manip and Bio Manip only ever kicked in cus he willingly turned off the other passives (except for supernatural luck cus he can't turn that off, to him that's like turning off your physical strength).

Blackcurrant91 said:
@fire, so you're saying if you have fate manip at all it automatically works up to a 4-D scale? Does he have any death manipulation other then stopping peoples hearts? because Dio could easily reality warp any negative affects of this.
Nah the passives ain't touching 4-D stuff. But both DIO and The World are 3D. Only RO is 4D.

I'm saying you need quotes or something on the profile that prove that ability works in the way you say it does because as of right now - the profile doesn't.

Amane's profile indicates that his passive powers only work if someone gets close to him to try an attack him by manipulating the fate and probability around him.

As stated here:

"Fate Manipulation (Manipulates the fate of the world around him)"

"Power Nullification (When Shizuku tried to ambush Amane she was utterly destroyed because of his wishes making it so that she would make mistakes in the use of mana, thing she as a high-class blazer with abnormal level of mana control considers child's play, as such magical attacks would be almost useless against him)"

To specify further, when specifically attacking him, a person's magic fails to work, or they trip over themselves.

Not that it stops others from even making plans to fight him.

If it works like how you say it works, then it needs to have quoted feats section or something of the sort that shows such a scenario happening.

"Incredible claims require incredible evidence", after all.

"The WORLD around him" I mean as in manipulates the fate of reality itself. The one time i decide to use some flowery language you have to go and ruin it. I cri

Hmm ok some cases:

A doctor was going to fight him in the next round the following day, then 150 patients that were hospitalized at her hospital suddenly got in critical condition even though she had analyzed/diagnosed all of them beforehand and she was sure that they were all going to be fine. So she had to forget about the fight the next day and fly over to another city (i think) to take care of the patients (so yeah he does casually reach kilometers).

There is him being capable of pulling the moon down with a wish.

There is then everything that happened to all his opponents even though they did nothing wrong.

There are a bunch of other cases. But i can't post "scans" or moments, since it's lines from different parts of the light novel. Amane's showings go from Volume 4 to Volume 8 though (- volume 5, not much happens there as far as i recall).

@Fire I mean that's great and all, but why should we assume his power works in time stop? Plus HAD has resistance to Causality manipulation and Fate hax of his own, so it doesn't matter anyway.

Ogbunabali said:
@Fire I mean that's great and all, but why should we assume his power works in time stop? Plus HAD has resistance to Causality manipulation and Fate hax of his own, so it doesn't matter anyway.
Make the match if you want me to argue. This is not the thread to argue this much about a fight.

Yukari incon'd Rimuru 3 months ago. Did any important revision to either of the two that would change the outcome happen since then?

Tony di bugalu said:
Isn't Rein the strongest 5-B?
I prematurely switched Reinhard and UKG's place when it looked UKG was going to beat Reinhard. And Fire just copied that current list at the time.

Now the fight looks to be inconclusive, and thus I think they should share the first spot, no?

Tony di bugalu said:
It's an inconclusive now, better change it here and in "The Strongest for Every Tier".
I am not the owner of the thread anymore - you are going to need to ask Fire.

Warren Valion said:
I prematurely switched Reinhard and UKG's place when it looked UKG was going to beat Reinhard. And Fire just copied that current list at the time.

Now the fight looks to be inconclusive, and thus I think they should share the first spot, no?
Done

Since he got downgraded to 9-C, Eztli-Tenoch for position 3 9-C? I'm not sure if he'd beat protagonist-kun/HABIT or not.

Yeah, I think Eztli would be just below HABIT and Protag-Kun since he has nothing on 4D attacks and plothax.

Also why is Getbackers nowhere on the list?

The Smashor said:
Yeah, I think Eztli would be just below HABIT and Protag-Kun since he has nothing on 4D attacks and plothax.
Revisions. So they got removed (kind of how 682 lost his spot due to revisions). Untill LordGriffin finishes the series GB can't be used.

The Smashor said:
Getbackers is getting revised

Back