• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 5 Strongest Characters for Every Tier Part 11

Looking at it objectively, I think the latter seems more logical to me. Saying Penny can't do something that a bloke like Dinky Earnshaw can do would be a lot like saying Darth Sidious can't apply the Force the same way that a fodder Jedi who doesn't happen to be human could.

Which would probably be dumb, imo.

Probably not the best thread to debate this, but powerscaling abilities is veeeery debatable.

Strength is obviously not really related to it and skill is also only good in a limited fashion.

Of course having the same nature of power is the prequisite. (Telepathy vs Technopathy and all that)

And then you would have had the idea of using it that way, figure out the exact method and likely still practice for some time to learn the new application.

Even if a character could easily acquire the ability it would first need to actually do it and all.

PsychoWarper said:
Pennywise via 1-A flash
Noah via having an ability that makes it impossible for anyone to look into anything

Telepathy as a system in DT (what little of one is even established, anyway) isn't really shown to work that way though, at least not for more commonly-seen things like that. There are a few different, really specific powers some telepaths can do while others can't (Like Ted Brautigan's "mind spears" and the "mental lockbox" thing that shows up in Doctor Sleep), but many of the same common powers like mind reading, mind control, projections, telepathic communication, etc. that recurrently show up in the books are things that all competent psychic characters can just do at-will, simply because they have psychic powers. They don't necessarily have to learn them like attacks in a video game.

Beyond that, the DT books (and other books as well) establish that stronger psychics can just sort of "do more things" than others, simply because their psychic powers are just more potent. Flagg can do just about everything that lesser psychics can do on top of scanning minds across thousand-kilometer distances and telepathically putting people to sleep for example, and it's also implied that Charlie McGee would go from blowing apart a 25-room residence with pyrokinesis when her powers are weaker to causing nuclear explosions and even splitting the planet in half with her powers if they're allowed to grow stronger, even though she never shows the latter at any point beforehand and doesn't exactly go around "practicing" setting off psychic nukes or breaking things in two.

I don't think Pennywise having the same ability to mess with some technology as a bunch of weaker, less long-lived psychics seems that far-fetched when looking at the above, honestly.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Thing is that even if he in theory has the capability to archieve it he might just simply doesn't have tried to ever archieve this use.

I think a good example of why this doesn't work is the elves in inheritance.

Every mage in inheritance can archieve the exact same spells, just with different degrees of power.

All one has to do is to describe the effect in the ancient language and elves are fluent in it.

Yet, not all elves have the exact same abilities, because while all have the same ability they have different ideas, inspiration, knowledge and approachs to things.

Given the same problem two elves might use two different abilities to solve it, never using the other because they haven't had the inspiration to construct that spell.

Yes, but what I'm saying is...

If confronted with say, a robot, there's no reason to assume Pennywise's telepathy would just fail against said robot if used on it, because that telepathy is shown to work the same exact way as that of every other telepath who's shown the ability to mess with technology in DT, and is far more potent on top of that.

And as for the "never tried it" bit, hell, Brautigan and Earnshaw come from the modern-day world where the Old Ones' technology doesn't even exist or have a proper equivalent, and they were both able to mess with several different forms of that technology on the first, second and third try once they encountered it.

Even if Pennywise hasn't tried using its telepathy on technology yet (which is actually somewhat unlikely now that I think about it, considering how long the manifestation has been on Earth), the evidence points to an attempt working, not failing.

So you are suggesting that if pennywise telepathically reaches out to a high tech sci-fi toaster with cyberdefenses and stuff it wouldn't even notice the difference between that and a normal human consciousness?

Nobody else I've mentioned seems to.

Brautigan even comments on how easy it was for him and Earnshaw to use their powers to shut down the Old Ones' tech that was being used in Algul Siento, and Earnshaw himself says something to the effect of "we could've taken out the whole works if we wanted". (Like I said, they succeeded in manipulating this tech on the very first attempt and have been doing it ever since)

And I'm pretty sure the entirety of Algul Siento's Old Ones' tech makeup qualifies as a "high tech sci-fi toaster with cyberdefenses and stuff". It even literally has a security system in place.

Ok then. Make a CRT to get the technopathy added to penny and once that's done we can debate the match vs Noah.

Blackcurrant91 said:
Could the Chaos God's 'Immaterial Form' take one of the empty spots in High 1-B? or Gans first Key?
"Gan's first key" is literally just a High 1-B multiverse.

It doesn't even do much of anything in the books save for...well, occasionally screwing with people who enter its physical manifestations. For some reason.

DontTalkDT said:
Ok then. Make a CRT to get the technopathy added to penny and once that's done we can debate the match vs Noah.
I'll do it after I've had some sleep.

Alright so Pennywise clears some High 7-A via working-on-hundreds mindhax. Alright.

Chaos Gods High 1-B>The Materium (Contain a number of spatial dimensions beyond human language). I think the Chaos Gods' 1-A key could be much higher than it is already. There may be layers to the warp I think Azathoth has alluded to this before.

The Downstreamers were supposedly above baseline High 1-B? But yeah, the High 1-B Chaos Gods' 1-A immortality should grant them at least 3rd spot.

The correction of Gomez's tier was approved, so he can take 2nd 11-A. While he cannot beat Cipher, he can beat at least 97% of characters between 10-C to infinite 3-D High 3-A. Cipher can't affect 3-Ds in his 11-A key afaik.

So

wait

he can't beat the second strongest

why would he knock down that second strongest

I'll put him in 3rd

can we just have a match please

I've said this before, and I'll say it again.

Character A not being able to beat Character B doesn't necessarily mean Character B is objectively stronger.

In a case like this, the decision should be made based on whichever's powers, abilities and other traits are objectively better than the other's, not whichever one can beat the other based on some very matchup-specific detail.

Of course, if one has objectively better powers and wins, the phrase "Well duh" comes to mind...

MrKingOfNegativity said:
snippity snip snip
True. And then we have a case like this where both canostensibly affect higher-dimensions and one (apparently) objectively beats the other in a match. So like. I'm leaving Gomez in third for now.

Coincidentally, I'll be making the next thread here in a few since this one is at 470+ messages.

So does he replace Giorno and knock him down to 5th?

Back