• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 5 Strongest Characters for Every Tier 36

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I see it, Dies Irae chars likely get a spot and Darquess gets knocked off anyway, so Jokertu has to fight Friedrich

Why does the semi-speed equal thing even exist on this thread? Speed equalisation is a concept introduced cause it makes it easier for users to create vs threads that aren’t stomps but that doesn’t matter when 99.999% of every match brought up here are stomps and this thread only exists to gauge which characters are the strongest for every tier, not to suggest fair fights for certain characters.

It’s not “Top 5 Strongest Characters for Every Tier If You Throw Out An Extremely Important Statistic”.

Because then this list becomes a Top 5 Fastest Characters per tier unless you have a passive, and imo, gaining a spot through speed alone is kind of lame.

Edit: I just realized that Irrelevant speed beats passive unless speeds equalized/opponent also has irrelevant speed so this list would just be Top 5 Fastest Characters Per Tier lol

Last edited:
Because then this list becomes a Top 5 Fastest Characters per tier unless you have a passive, and imo, gaining a spot through speed alone is kind of lame.

Edit: I just realized that Irrelevant speed beats passive unless speeds equalized/opponent also has irrelevant speed so this list would just be Top 5 Fastest Characters Per Tier lol
That sounds like a very hollow reason against, tbh. One of the main physical statistics of a character being billions of times superior to the other leads to a win? A shocker, that one.

And immeasurable by default means shit like being able to outspeed time and timetravel before anything even happens. Of course that would be massive in a battle? Removing it is like restricting a dozen skills.

If a character couldn't win the spot they're in in a battle without their enemy being handycapped, they aren't really the "strongest".

Well it's not really entertaining to just emulate another existing list, but if you think it's so wrong then go make your own, you can add "REAL Top 5 Strongest for Every Tier, Speed Unequalized"

This thread relies on tiresome repetition of key abilities and their representation to begin with. As I said before, how interesting a fight is isn’t really relevant.

A separate thread can be made for a list of the strongest characters with unequalized speed. There is no need to modify the rules of an already existing thread.

Imo, speed unequaled should be allowed. Being the strongest also means overcoming speed as an issue weather it be by intelligence or an ability. Speed is very much a strong determining factor in who the strongest should be. If all a character has is hax but gets speed blitzed. Then that's an issue to me and the character getting blitzed should not be the strongest. Passives are different stories.

A separate thread can be made for a list of the strongest characters with unequalized speed. There is no need to modify the rules of an already existing thread.
The best response to somebody pointing out a flawed precedent in some system isn’t “yeah well how about you bring your accuracy somewhere else”.

A flawed precedent that could easily be fixed with:

*With speeds equalized

There, now it's no longer incorrect! Can we go home now? If a non-smurf top 5 strongest can exist, why not a speeds equalized top 5 strongest, hm?

The best response to somebody pointing out a flawed precedent in some system isn’t “yeah well how about you bring your accuracy somewhere else”.
I simply hate matches with unequalized speed because they always ends with a speed blitz.

This thread is dedicated to who are the strongest characters regarding haxes, abilities, AP and other factor connected to the power of a character without taking into consideration the speed. It's also in the OP that the list consider speed equalized, so I don't see any problem.

Well it's not really entertaining to just emulate another existing list, but if you think it's so wrong then go make your own, you can add "REAL Top 5 Strongest for Every Tier, Speed Unequalized"
For one, this list came long before.

For two, it's not like speed would be any more of an instant win cruch than passive hax with X dimensionality.

For three, this list is to say which character is strongest, no? Someone pointing out that the system automatically makes stronger stronger characters lose by restricting their abilities isn't something you should just wave off?

I mean, what even is the problem? Top strongest right now relies on which buzzword hax the character has, and whether it's passive or not.

I mean, you're acting like this is some great pain to be responding to...

A flawed precedent that could easily be fixed with:

*With speeds equalized

There, now it's no longer incorrect! Can we go home now? If a non-smurf top 5 strongest can exist, why not a speeds equalized top 5 strongest, hm?
You aren't being told to follow commands, dude. We are presenting our opinion, why be so defensive about it? You're acting like we're trying to go against the spirit of this thread by putting the strongest character on top...

I simply hate matches with unequalized speed because they always ends with a speed blitz.
Look at 90% of the propositions for a character. They're mostly "he has x hax, he wins."

In the case there is even a thread, it's the one who made it and maybe another two dudes saying "he stomps with X hax".

I don't think this thread is to make entrataining and well balanced vsbattles...
This thread is dedicated to who are the strongest characters regarding haxes, abilities, AP and other factor connected to the power of a character without taking into consideration the speed.
I mean, the question is why? Why is turning your enemy into confetti, punching them into dust and passively driving them to suicide allowed, but punching them fast not?
It's also in the OP that the list consider speed equalized, so I don't see any problem.
I'm asking why, not if that's the case. I know the status quo.

The list already splits some of the positions with speed equal / speed unequal, does this really need to be argued about

Just nominate the strongest character that fit for unequal speed, that’s simple enough right?

Mostly because speed presents the awkward issue of most matches being undoable simply because most of them would end in blitzes otherwise. Literally being such a pain in the ass that the wiki allows matchups that restrict it.

The list already splits some of the positions with speed equal / speed unequal, does this really need to be argued about

Just nominate the strongest character that fit for unequal speed, that’s simple enough right?
No because characters that lose to many, many other characters in the same tier shouldn’t be called the strongest.

TBH, Speed Equalized is pretty much a standard assumption for battles
Yeah and the reason why it is a standard assumption doesn’t apply here, as I said in my first post on the subject.

Mostly because speed presents the awkward issue of most matches being undoable simply because most of them would end in blitzes otherwise. Literally being such a pain in the ass that the wiki allows matchups that restrict it.
Bro, again, everything else on this thread is also about one character stomping another with some tiresome and repetitively mentioned hax (many of which don’t have their effectiveness nulled by unequal speed anyway). How interesting a match is just ain’t relevant.

The thread is made using SBA, it's not meant to be taken as an objective measurement of who is the strongest for each Tier. So why is this even an argument?

No because characters that lose to many, many other characters in the same tier shouldn’t be called the strongest.
not how it works, the strongest title doesn't mean you litterally win against everyone else in the tier, it's for who wins the most. W/L score.

Your point?
that your argument makes no sense because all standard rules are put there for fairness sake

There was a whole debate about that. It was pretty strongly rejected after a while.
what

“not how it works, the strongest title doesn't mean you litterally win against everyone else in the tier, it's for who wins the most. W/L score.”

This is semantics but alright I’ll rephrase what I said as “characters shouldn’t be glorified as stronger than another based on an arbitrary precedent”.

“that your argument makes no sense because all standard rules are put there for fairness sake”

This argument is wrong because standard assumptions are assumptions that kind of need to exist when discussing which character would beat another. Saying a stat just doesn’t exist is completely arbitrary in this context. You might as well say that hax, ap, etc should be ignored.

“what”

He thought you were claiming that speed equalisation falls under SBA. Which, in fairness, is exactly what you were saying.

From what I see the only reason for speed being equalized is just because those matches will be one sided and "not fun",kinda irrelevant to the title tbh,also this list is full of smurfs,stomp and being stomped happen everyday

This is semantics but alright I’ll rephrase what I said as “characters shouldn’t be glorified as stronger than another based on an arbitrary precedent”.
Arbitrary precedent that's litterally the basis of how fights are done on the site.

This argument is wrong because standard assumptions are assumptions that kind of need to exist when discussing which character would beat another. Saying a stat just doesn’t exist is completely arbitrary in this context. You might as well say that hax, ap, etc should be ignored.
just going to ignore how SBA restricts range down to 4 KM, you know, a main stat

He thought you were claiming that speed equalisation falls under SBA. Which, in fairness, is exactly what you were saying.
do not respond to question not made to you

The reason for equalizing speed is because this thread uses SBA, and SBA equalizes speed. Why is everyone trying to change this thread when a separate thread can be made without SBA?

“Arbitrary precedent that's litterally the basis of how fights are done on the site.”

It’s not the basis of Jack shit, it’s the way things happen to mostly be done outside of this thread cause it makes life easier. There’s a difference between how things are done outside of this thread and how they should be and are here and I’ve explained it multiple times so please respond to those ******* comments if you wish to continue.

“just going to ignore how SBA restricts range down to 4 KM, you know, a main stat”

It limits starting distance, not range. Range can still be and is relevant.

“do not respond to question not made to you”

Lol.

“The reason for equalizing speed is because this thread uses SBA, and SBA equalizes speed. Why is everyone trying to change this thread when a separate thread can be made without SBA?”

It doesn’t.

“The reason for equalizing speed is because this thread uses SBA, and SBA equalizes speed. Why is everyone trying to change this thread when a separate thread can be made without SBA?”

It doesn’t.
From the Rules in the OP:
  • SBA is assumed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back