• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 5 Most Skilled Characters for Every Tier 2

Firephoenixearl said:
It's ok. Though im expecting quite the feats later, it's not an ordinary day when someone can go up against ikki in skill
Maybe I should try arguing The Adventurer > Ikki, but I kinda wanted to not do that, so he can secure the 5th spot Sweet Mask style =P

Pretty sure there are far more feats in the anime. Like knowing where ayase's invisible wounds would be and dodging them perfectly. Or basically the whole fight against the invisible guy who could actually fully invisible yet Ikki predicted his every arrow even the hundreds of arrows rain just by having been hit by him before so now he knows exactly what the next move will be even without looking at anything. And the 2 sword styles you mentioned are "full sword styles".

Nanami isn't capable of copying an entire sword style from a few clashes. She had to actually witness every single move/technique Shichika did to learn "1" style. Ikki knows hundreds at worst.

She can still predict any and all moves (including secret ones) just by looking at a stance.

Also, just out of curiosity, did Ikkis blade steal ever copy anything than a, um, sword technique?

RatherClueless said:
She can still predict any and all moves (including secret ones) just by looking at a stance.
Also, just out of curiosity, did Ikkis blade steal ever copy anything than a, um, sword technique?
Just predict though. That is far easier than you think. A stance is purpously built to favour the techniques. Example if i put my right fist behind me, it means i will be attacking with that. Reading a stance is far easier than seeing a stance and copying everything about it. She didn't say "i predict everything you're gonna do", but more like "it reveals you" because no matter the attack the stance will give away the next move. Ikki does that errday.

He copied the ability to revive, so yes. He knows just about everything you can think of, sword is just his speciality, he knows spearmanship, marksmanship etc.

"Just predict though. That is far easier than you think. A stance is purpously built to favour the techniques. Example if i put my right fist behind me, it means i will be attacking with that. Reading a stance is far easier than seeing a stance and copying everything about it. She didn't say "i predict everything you're gonna do", but more like "it reveals you" because no matter the attack the stance will give away the next move. Ikki does that errday."

Did u ever practice any IRL martial arts? Most martial arts have many different stances, with each of them having a insane ammount of combinations, besides, she literally said that she knows everything about his fighting style and any mystery it might have had, rather than just "lol, taking a stance is kinda dumb".

Also, not sure how your example compares to what happened.

Reading the next move from a very obvious stance =/= Reading an entire martial art, by looking at a stance that doesnt have anything to do with sth as abstruse as canceling your body weight.

RatherClueless said:
@Jordan Did u change your name? Also, where is that Katanagatari CRT?
Yes I did (just for safety's sake, so my real name isn't drifting around. I have a stalker)

I'm compiling every feat and statement from the anime, and Agnaa is compiling every feat and statement from the light novels, so I'll have that CRT up once I've done that. I'm currently compiling episode 6 as we speak

"Yes I did (just for safety's sake, so my real name isn't drifting around. I have a stalker)"

I dont believe u, otherwise u would have removed the AKA Jordan... Noone is that stupid afterall...

"Agnaa is compiling every feat and statement from the light novels"

I thought he is more or less inactive o_O

Invite me over once u r done btw.

It was a joke. While I did have a stalker, she's been dealt with and probably picked someone else to bother.

And no problem, always good to find a fellow fan

Creaturemaster971 said:
It seems to me like we can just call their copying comparable, just with different mechanics, advantages, and disadvantages
Idk. Ikki can copy things with FAR less intel (the amount of intel he needs is not even comparable), but everything Nanami does copy is still part of "i trained and got it" like everything Ikki copied. No one learned an entire sword style in 3 days, but Ikki learned it in 3 clashes. Edelweiss should have spent a LOT of time (since she even mentioned age difference vs Ikki) mastering her sword style and body control, yet ikki learned it in 1 fight (when the sword style has neven been able to be learned by anyone else).

Same goes to Nanami, the guys trained a lot and learned to make their nails longer, Nanami learned it in 2 glances at the ability.

The copy is comparable though, i can agree to that.

However Ikki still has WAY more things that make him skilled other than copying. His precog being far better, his already insane skill at fighting surpassing Nanami's due to knowing just about any sword style.

@Rather

With the "have you practiced IRL" are you actually comparing me, an average human to a genius who's "not of this world"? That's the point of her skill dude she can do that, while i can't she can read far more into a stance than i can. If it weren't she wouldn't be skilled, she would just be an average human. But predicting the attacks from a stance is nowhere near learning every attack from the stance.

Yes, but that was the point of what she said. You're just extrapolating her words to infinity. Never did she state she knew about the mass manipulation, hell the dude even needed to explain it to her. This is literally what she said word for word:

"If you strike a stance, your attack will be delayed. Just as you are striking a stance, you are making yourself predictiable to your opponent. The limits of your kenpo are transparent now"

Just the limits of his fighting style, and she even states the stance makes you "predictable to your opponent" not because she could predict him, but the stance gives off the next move by delaying it. The limits are also easy to notice. Just like Ikki noticed the fact that Stella's sword style was reliant mostly on power.

Nanami was even rather surprised when he brought up the names of the skill.

RatherClueless said:
Anything NisiOisiN does, I approve OwO
I absolutely second this. The dude's absolute amazing. His skill at character writing would just put both Ikki and Nanami's skill at fighting to shame.

@Earl

1. I think u completely misunderstood what I wanted to say with that, but whatever.

2. "If you strike a stance, your attack will be delayed. Just as you are striking a stance, you are making yourself predictiable to your opponent. The limits of your kenpo are transparent now"

But,... thats not the quote though...

Its: "If you change your stance to every little thing that happens, wont you become slower? I can read exactly what you plan to do next from your stance. Youve already revealed any mysteries your Kenpou might have had"

I also have to correct myself on one thing. She couldnt have known his Ninpou from that stance, coz, well, it was a kenpou stance, rather than a ninpou one...

"Nanami was even rather surprised when he brought up the names of the skill."

She wasnt surprised, but impressed, impressd about the effort put into learning it. She was completely chill otherwise.

The only characters he ever wrote that I didn't like were Medaka and Iihiko.

I don't remember why I didn't like Medaka, but I'll reread it sometime and check, and with Iihiko it's just because I don't like bulky character designs. Which, funny enough is also the one thing keeping me from getting into Warhammer

"The only characters he ever wrote that I didn't like were Medaka and Iihiko."

I f*cking hate Medaka! She is awefull!!!

I also hate Nadeko...

I seem to recall her being a pretentious b*tch, but I also thought her psychology was quite interesting (and pitiable), and I don't recall if she ever got nicer or more humble

Which one was Nadeko?

Not talking about Zenkichi, but about EVERYONE she lectured. Nadeko and Medaka both made it on my top 5 most hated fictional characters lol.

RatherClueless said:
Not talking about Zenkichi, but about EVERYONE she lectured. Nadeko and Medaka both made it on my top 5 most hated fictional characters lol.
Who's top 1?

RatherClueless said:
I don't like Medaka myself though I can't say I truly hate her unless I read the manga.

Yeah we shouldn't derail any further

Read John Carter. John is literally a cooler, more identifiable, and more complex Kirito who respeks wome

Hayato Furinji for 8-A. Know as the Invincible Superman. Being over 90 but still in Prime Form (maybe even stronger than his Younger Days). Can use both Dou and Sei type Martial Arts. Stated to know every Martial Art in existence. Created 108 special techniques. The strongest and most skilled character from his Verse. I'm more than sure that he's better than anyone on the current list of 8-A.

Zaratthustra said:
Hayato Furinji for 8-A. Know as the Invincible Superman. Being over 90 but still in Prime Form (maybe even stronger than his Younger Days). Can use both Dou and Sei type Martial Arts. Stated to know every Martial Art in existence. Created 108 special techniques. The strongest and most skilled character from his Verse. I'm more than sure that he's better than anyone on the current list of 8-A.
Adventurer claps Ikki got this lol

Nop. Hayato will play with Ikki and maybe teach him a few techniques but will not win.

He cant even outskill the adventurer, how is he gonna stack up to Ikki!? Lol (I dont mind him being above the adventurer for already named reasons) He is not above Ikki though, at least not with the stuff you named.

Okay so what exactly makes Ikki deserving of his placements and why does he contend with the assassinorum

Is the creator and a master of Fürinji Style.

It can be assumed by his extensive knowledge of martial arts that he knows just about every martial art in existence, or is at the very least familiar with them.

Is the creator of 108 different special techniques (including the Seiküken and Ryüsei Seiküken), can create two types of forcefields around himself the original Seiküken (Hayato creates a barrier around his defense zone and can thus neutralize or repel all attacks that enter his defenses) or the Ryüsei Seiküken (Hayato uses his flow to lock onto his opponent's movements and through that he can predict the direction of the attacks and as a result can use minimal effort to dodge them - accurate to the millimeter).

Is able to create an axis in the middle of his body, and control the left and right sides of his body freely yet separately (this allows the Elder to act like two people). Ikki is nothing close to this one.

Can limit his strength to up to 0.0002% - can run on water, perfect balance, can progress through observational gaps to hide his presence.

Rittoku No Kan (the user takes the five senses to the utmost limit and develops a sixth sense the "Intuition of Perception", it allows the user to reduce their time needed for reacting to one-tenth of a second, used like a sensor to catch movements they can't follow with their eyes.

Can erase people's memories by using a concussion technique using blunt force.

"Is able to create an axis in the middle of his body, and control the left and right sides of his body freely yet separately (this allows the Elder to act like two people). Ikki is nothing close to this one."

Ikki is way above that and so is the Adventurer lol

"Rittoku No Kan (the user takes the five senses to the utmost limit and develops a sixth sense the "Intuition of Perception", it allows the user to reduce their time needed for reacting to one-tenth of a second, used like a sensor to catch movements they can't follow with their eyes."

Ikkis perfect vision is above that.

Not gonna lie, even if you were to equal everything but skill, the adventurer would stomp with most of his skill sets, let alone a composite adventurer.

All I said is done by him using only 0.0002%.

This is a list of Skilled Character (not hax) as otherwise, I'm sure Adventurer will win 100%.

Elder has the better experience be it in Martial Arts/Combat. His degree of skills is as his moniker Invincible in his verse (there may be better/stronger/faster in the Tier 8-A list but I'm sure not many can compare to him or be above him in experience and combat.

All of the hax the adventurer has come from skill (thats why he could likely take no. 1 spot on this list, but what evs)

"Can limit his strength to up to 0.0002%"

You said its strenght he is limiting, not skill, so it wouldnt matter, now would it o_O

I know, it's just that at only that his degree of skill from those 108 Special Techniques he creates are shown in that category. If only the manga wouldn't have finished abruptly we may have gotten more.

If he can use all that with only 0.0002% then what could he do using full power and using them.

As I stated with equalized stats in a 1vs1, Elder will win over Adventurer and Ikki thanks to his martial arts/experience.

That's my opinion.

Back