• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 5 Most Skilled Characters for Every Tier 2

Blahblah9755 said:
Bill Cipher, SCP-3167, SCP-3143, Hammer (Regular Show), and Mister Mxyzptlk (Cosmic Adventures in the 8th Grade) seem to be the five 11-As with notable combat skill. And I would place them in that order. Though I'm basing this on their profiles, and only actually know the source material of Bill.

Bill's a master manipulator, and well versed/highly skilled in magic and rituals, and is the most intelligent of the group. 3167 is a skilled murderer and a genius, who can generally use any sort of weapon from any sort of world well enough to kill that world's influential figures and skilled fighters. 3143 is a skilled detective, and should be skilled in a shoot out. Hammer has all the fighting skill you'd typically expect from a game's final boss. Mister Mxyzptlk is skilled at trickery and messing with others, and is a genius, though he mostly relies on and is skilled with his powers which he doesn't have as an 11-A.
Also, any opinions on this set of 11-A rankings?

Garnet's placement seems to come from an overwhelming experience advantage more than anything.

Itachi honestly seems comparable at the very least to Garou. He beats quite a few Nasuverse dudes in skill, though I think he still loses out to the likes of Arjuna, let alone the Sword Saints

I suggest Goddess of Daw for a spot in 2-A, she has multiple genius's as apart of her being, genius in battle, extraordinary genius in strategy, genius in coordinate and management, extraordinary genius in science etc

Not to mention all these genius's are master martial artist, and skilled in stuff like swordsmanship, piloting, marksmanship, advanced combat skills, magic, psychic abilities etc.

Ogbunabali said:
Itachi is definitely > Garou.

Been a while since I've watched Steven Universe so I'm hazy on Garnet's skill level. And shouldn't Pearl be > Garnet in that regard?
Pearl is above Garnet skill wise, yes thats literally what I just said lol

Pearl could be around Garous level, if we ignore the fact that he can just adapt to any fightingstyle and straight up copy it. So yeah, Garous > Pearl IMHO.

Jordanbairdcreaturemaster97 said:
Does it sound good to have 7-A be
1. Nanami/Nasuverse

2. Garou/Garnet

3. Itachi Uchiha

And whoever else gets nominated after that?
Maybe throw in a Masada 7-A character in there.

Habaki Sakagami is quite skilled I believe.

And can people explain why the characters deserve to be on the list instead of just saying random names?

Well, I nominated the Adventurer (8-A, High 7-A and High 6-B).

The reason? Just look at the ability and technique list I guess lol. But for real though, the Iruna MC learned all of this by reading or someone being like "I let u in on a secrect, now listen carefully...".

Mastery over an insane ammount of weapons, aswell as great tactician.

I could go into more detail, but I hope thats enough for now.

I don't think Nanami can stand up to Assassin, as swordsmen who have reached the level of divine sword techniques can't have their techniques mimicked.

Samurai Deeper Kyo 7-As are drastically more skilled than a character who can manipulate causality through sheer sword skill. They've also reached a higher level of swordsmanship where every aspect of their presence but their appearance is eliminated, causing the opponent to instinctively think they are not there, even if they're perfectly visible. Their techniques also can't be copied due to this higher level.

I'll explain Aleister and Hui Mo-Ri later.

"I don't think Nanami can stand up to Assassin, as swordsmen who have reached the level of divine sword techniques can't have their techniques mimicked"

Thats rly not what Nanamis skill amounts to though. If that was the case, she'd be on the same level as Garou lol

Edit: Also, if he has resistance to powermimicry, that should be on his profile ;P

I guess I'll also have to read Samurai Deeper Kyo now, so I can say anything about that verse lol.

And thus it will be continued tomorrow. Please sort out the placing for 7A until then

You can add her Pegasus

@Pegasus most SMT protagonists are able to take on opponents who are as strong as them or stronger, and have nigh-omniscience and infinitely more combat experience than them. These opponents usually have massive armies on their side and are some of the greatest fighters in all of existence. They're holding the spot until more skilled characters get brought up.

As i already said above she has multiple genius's as apart of her being, basically the 9 main female characters of the series all came from her dividing herself into 9.

Which means she is extraordinary genius in strategy, genius in coordination and management, extraordinary genius in science, genius in battle etc

She has the skills of like 5 master martial artists, who have advanced combat skills and is skilled in stuff like swordsmanship, piloting, marksmanship, magic, psychic abilities etc.

She is nigh-omniscience too but not relevant in a battle of skill.

@Huesito You read the series?

Yea it's 9, i should add all this to her intelligence section but seemed redundant when she is already nigh omniscient.

"@Huesito You read the series?"

Yeah kind of like 10 months ago along with several dozen other series so details are off planning on rewatching most of all the series eventually and I know of the big they were all one being Date a Live style before Date a Live actually did it.

Do we want to make a rule that it needs to be the character's own skill via training, experience, and personal talent? So no skills through downloads or fusions and such?

Because I would very much like to push for such a rule

Also I just remembered that Jin Mo-Ri has an 8-B tier, and in the thread where he lost to Ikki, it was determined that he was of a similar skill level (though if I recall, Ikki still won out in that regard)

So, to attempt to summarize again because I like making lists, can we agree on 8-B being:

1. Ikki Kurogane/Nanami Yasuri

2. Jin Mo-Ri

3. Shichika Yasuri

4. Master Oogway

5. Eternal Champion

Hmm i could agree to Ikki and Nanami sharing a spot. Really a matter of opinion at this point, not worth it to keep arguing.

Also im pretty sure there are plenty of characters who are more skilled than Oogway. The dude is just old, i don't remember any impressive skill feat from him.

Other than that yeah @Jordan's list for 8-B seems about fine.

And at the moment, I can't think of anyone else that would be above them aside from the top-tiers of Katanagatari, who are already represented by Shichika.

Possibly Medaka Box characters, but their skills seem to be for the most part a product of their powers (as opposed to actual personal skill) with the exception of Zenkichi and Ajimu. Don't think Zen measures up to Oogway, though, and Ajimu certainly isn't 8-B

That's what im saying. Iihiko is an option, there are also other geniuses from rakudai like Shizuku Kurogane and soon to have a profile Kiriko. While most people can use Magic to stat amp or manipulate elements, Shizuku uses magic to manipulate water to the point of transforming her body into vapor by messing with her body on a celular level with magic which allowed her to become intangible and defeat Wallenstei.

If e can scale characters like that add Edelweiss there, she should be just short of Ikki in terms of genius.

I think it goes without saying that any of these characters are gonna have peers within the series. For the sake of organization I say we use the most notable example.

E.g. why i said Shichika instead of Shichika & Hakuhei, or Solan instead of Solan, John Carter, Tars Tarkas, and Carthoris

Back