• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 5 Most Skilled Characters for Every Tier 2

Honestly, I'm not sure.

Ideally I'd say, for example

1. Ikki and Nanami

2. Jin Mo-Ri

3. Shichika+ (with the plus, or whatever sign we use, representing less notable peers in the same verse)

Nasu 7-Bs are all 7-A now I'm pretty sure or they will be after revisions are finished so they should probably be removed from 7-B

Ban is plenty skilled, but I'm not sure that he really measures up to the likes of Iihiko and Oogway

And regarding the "Characters from X Verse" thing, I think we could keep doing this for the sake of ease, but if there's a character that is way beyond their own verse then they can probably go in a separate slot. So this would mean both Nanami and Shichika can be on there, but I'm not sure about how Edelweiss compares to Ikki

No PIS included actually. The only thing you could call CIS is Amane not ending the fight before it began (as in him wishing for the fight to happen, and not wish to win without fighting like he did before). For real. Call it PIS, call it CIS it was actually given a nice explanation via Ikki's skill.

RatherClueless said:
I didnt get that far yet (almost done with vol. 4), but couldnt he just wish for Ikki to die (and stay dead)?
He did:

Ikki's heart stopped and he was on his knees on the ground, amane approaches and goes for the hit. BOOM counterattack ikki lands a full blow on amane. Ikki had restarted his own heart without anyone noticing.

More importantly, ya reading the light novel? Nice.

Creaturemaster971 said:
Precisely.

He had enough skill to insta fix his stuff after it had been probability maniped into missing. He was literally fighting passive probability and fate hax and won with skill. xD

So, I don't think Nanami could do that in base, but she could certainly insta-learn it.

Can Ikki use raw skill to instantly replicate an opponent's AP and Durability the moment he meets them?

Nanami does. It's why she has a 7-A key. She met a race of giants, saw how strong they were, and replicated their combined strength before genociding all of them and destroying the mountain they lived on.

Well everything in Katanagatari is some form of skill. Growing your nails can actually be learned, so yeah i'd say why not.

Pretty sure Ikki could copy that too. Considering he literally copied Body Control from fighting Edelweiss. If it can be learned then yes. He learns things that takes geniuses decades to learn in moments, without even needing to actually see it.

Creaturemaster971 said:
If we made that matchup I feel like it would be the most inconclusive fight on this wiki.
Just cus of copy?

Need i remind you Medaka vs Kars was a thing?

Do make it though. Ikki should be able to deal even with 7-A Nanami, if no we can change later.

Creaturemaster971 said:
Quick question before I do, is Desperado hax skill-based?
No??

He broke through fate by trying really hard, i don't even know what that is. (breaking through fate makes you a desperado)

Sounds like willpower manip, maybe?

Either way, I probably shouldn't make the matchup until the Katanagatari revision is done (which I need to ****** kick into high gear), since it means new stuff could come to light about how Nanami's God Eyes and Deathless Body work

No, he did it by literally trying really hard. He wanted to beat Stella Vermillio so he just "broke through the chains of fate". It's not a power, just awakening. Idk if it counts as skill though.

Katanagatari has ended ages ago, no? Why are there CRT's about it?

RatherClueless said:
Firephoenixearl said:
More importantly, ya reading the light novel? Nice.
Watched anime, then manga to chptr 40, now LN.
You needn't really have bothered with the manga outside of maybe for Edelweiss' desperado hax, but eh. You sure are at it with a nasty pace. Keep it up. xD

How are you liking the show so far?

Its good too much siscon though

At this point Nanami >>> Ikki though. Not sure how it will continue though.

Edit: I am using too much "though"...

RatherClueless said:
Its good too much siscon though
At this point Nanami >>> Ikki though. Not sure how it will continue though.
It's actually Brocon, since it's Shizuku that's throwing herself, not Ikki Glad you're enjoying it.

Even at that point im pretty sure Ikki has far better feats and about equal copying.

Firephoenixearl said:
Also i need someone knowledgeable on Warhammer to know what makes the assassins impressive outside of a single snipe.
Quite a lot, but I'll explain later because I got a massive headache rn

Firephoenixearl said:
Katanagatari has ended ages ago, no? Why are there CRT's about it?
Because me and Agnaa are the only users currently working on the verse, and he hasn't been on it for a while, so I'm revisiting the whole franchise to correct all the misconceptions on the pages (which are there courtesy of me)

@ Earl

He doesnt. Not even close, actually.

He copied Stellas style. Mhm, ok

He copied the style of the samurai dude, by fighting with his daughter, who moved 1:1 like her dad (she also knew about the secret technique, I just dont think she ever used. In the anime it was literally just Ikki running forwards lol. Not very special...). Mhm, ok

Thats it...

None of them were some rly special fighting styles with rly stupid techniques or anything like that either. Just, well... "regular" fighting styles. Not even close to canceling your own weight.

He had to fight for quite some time with them aswell...

Back