• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 5 Most Skilled Characters for Every Tier 2

Ikki knows 128 sword styles alone. Martial arts, spear, guns etc.

The perception thing is literally worse than ikki's normal senses. He could literally feel every grain of dust hitting his skin and every strand in stella's hair in mid combat.

Hiding his presence is sth ikki does casually.

Ikki is far above that guy's paygrade. Those are all small in comparison to ikkis feats and ikki is like...15.

"I'm sure Adventurer will win 100%."

"As I stated with equalized stats in a 1vs1, Elder will win over Adventurer and Ikki thanks to his martial arts/experience."

Now I am confused...

"If he can use all that with only 0.0002% then what could he do using full power and using them."

His skills would be stronger... AP amp, not skill amp after all

I don't know how you take Skill/Skilled but when I use that term for someone/character I think of the meaning of how good he is using a technique/martial art / his combat experience/ how far he can take a technique/ etc, not his powers (ability/hax).

If he limited his power at 0.0002% he may need more to perform other Special Techniques. You may use for example a sword strike casually and it is a normal sword strike but if you use again the same sword strike but seriously it could reach for example the level of Sasaki Kojirou (Tsubame Gaesthi) from Fate.

His degree of his control over his body/martial arts has reached a level where he is able to create an axis in the middle of his body, and control the left and right sides of his body freely yet separately (this allows the Elder to act like two people) or dodge attack using the lowest degree of effort by dodging by millimeter.

All of ikki's "hax" are just him being skilled though.

That's still just ap, not skill. Ouma does the same, he's not more skilled though.

Ikki's body control allows him to control every vector inside his body and restart his own heart if it stops. The axis thing is child's play in comparison.

"If he limited his power at 0.0002% he may need more to perform other Special Techniques."

Head canon and "wrong tier" is the onlything I can come up with to counter that.

"His degree of his control over his body/martial arts has reached a level where he is able to create an axis in the middle of his body, and control the left and right sides of his body freely yet separately (this allows the Elder to act like two people) or dodge attack using the lowest degree of effort by dodging by millimeter"

I understood that the first time. Ikki has way better feats even in the first 4 volumes lol.

The adventurer has a skill that literally allows him to take any received damge later, due to sheer will power... (This is just one of many btw)

Creaturemaster971 said:
Done with episode 7, and am prepared for a full recount of God Eyes's capabilities.

Let me know once you guys are done discussing Hayato
Not sure if Zara is still here. Go ahead I guess

Wokistan said:
Okay so what exactly makes Ikki deserving of his placements and why does he contend with the assassinorum
He is skilled beyond what skilled means. Example he beat Amane Shinomiya with skill alone. Skim through his profile and remember that everything outside of desperado stuff is completely skill based.

Once you do tell me why the officio is somehow more skilled than a guy who beats fate and probability with skill on a daily basis.

"Once you do tell me why the officio is somehow more skilled than a guy who beats fate and probability with skill on a daily basis. "

That's called a resistance

Wokistan said:
"Once you do tell me why the officio is somehow more skilled than a guy who beats fate and probability with skill on a daily basis. "

In this case it is called skill. He was getting affected, he just didn't mind and skilled his way through death hax, passive probability hax etc.

Wokistan said:

Not quite at that point in the story yet, but knowing Ikki, he might have just "skilled" his way through that (I'll keep reading though)

Then either the hax can just be manually avoided or isn't really as potent as other examples would be, If he's absolutely devoid of resistances. Not all hax has to be instant win stuff

Copying martial arts makes her weaker, as her instinctive and involuntary movements are so incredibly skilled that unless she holds back her dodging resembles intangibility, avoiding each attack by a margin that is literally microscopic and invisible. Her instinctive movements contain no superfluous motion or effort whatsoever, and it looks as though she's simply walking past people and they fall apart like shredded paper and are reduced to paste the moment they enter her line of sight, while her hands move so perfectly that they appear to have vanished from her body.

Now for the God Eyes:

Nanami's eyes take in any detail against her will, reading any technique, movement, and weakness instantaneously. The moment Nanami sees the opponent take a stance, she knows and can predict and/or counter every move contained in their fighting style, including supernatural abilities.

The first time Nanami sees a technique utilized, she can use it to the extent that its current user can. With each successive usage on her part, she improves it as much as it would have with an additional lifetime/generation of training. If she witnesses the technique being used a second time, she perfects it to the point that even countless generations of users inheriting and improving the technique wouldn't be able to surpass her version.

She displays the first variant of improvement when copying Kamakiri's claws, going from equal to him the first time she uses it, to surpassing him in sharpness and cutting through a defense that would have stopped his claws the second time she uses it. The second variant happens with Chouchou, allowing her to go from simply decreasing her weight to removing it altogether and completely breaking gravity's hold on her, as well as with Mitsubachi, allowing her to shoot darts with perfect accuracy and combine poisons she's previously encountered into new concoctions within the darts before flinging them. By witnessing the use of a sword, she even breaks the family's occult curse of being unable to wield a weapon. She would also get pain manip via poison

A Maniwa can't change what Ninpou it is they learn, with it being passed down through previous generations, becoming more complete and perfect with each new user. It takes a lifetime of training and practice for a person to utilize the full extent of their Ninpou variant. Nanami's God Eyes are able to completely bypass this.

Nanami was confident that she could fend off and kill Shichika with her pinkie, and by merging together various copied techniques she struck and paralyzed him 272 times simultaneously while holding back to avoid breaking his skin.

Nanami detects the exact level of Shichika's growth since episode 1, and adds it to her own strength in that instant, the same thing she did to the giants of Mt Odori. Nanami doesn't just replicate and match her opponent's physical might, she adds it to whatever already exists within her body.

Pengin and Emonzaemon jointly evaluate that nobody, not even Hoo Maniwa, Kyoken, Shichika, or Sabi Hakuhei, has any more than a 0% chance of defeating Nanami. When asked how he would fight her, Emonzaemon says he would avoid a fight by any means necessary, and if forced to, would only be able to stall for time until his princess escapes.

All of the things from nanamie's base skill can be said about ikki to. No wasted movement, his sword moves faster than dynamic vision so it appears as though it disappears etc. Ikki still has many many more advantages here though.

Her eyes are just info analysis rich which ikki already has to a similar degree. Power mimicry which as we established ikki surpasses cus he didn't stop at understanding a stance, he choked everything about it edit even seeing the techniques while nanami had to see them twice. And precog which ikki again surpasses due to precoging even thought process and way of thinking not just moves.

Ikki pretty much takes this.

Wokistan said:
Then either the hax can just be manually avoided or isn't really as potent as other examples would be, If he's absolutely devoid of resistances. Not all hax has to be instant win stuff
It's instant and thought based. Amane fate haxed him to death, ikki just revived via skill. Passive prob made him slip, miss, fail, he just fixed himself so quick it was impossible to notice he actually did slip or miss at all. Just raw skill m8.

@Earl I didnt understand half of what u said xD maybe I am just too tired, who knows

Well, regardless, I think we can all agree Ikki > Hayato

RatherClueless said:
@Earl I didnt understand half of what u said xD maybe I am just too tired, who knows

Well, regardless, I think we can all agree Ikki > Hayato
Ikki is skilled beyond human understanding that's why you didn't understand it.

Yeah rather easily.

So Ikki can walk through a crowd of highly-skilled swordsmen, who live their lives by the blade and view battle as the goal of all life, and reduce them to pudding as he passes through them with his sword arm completely invisible and his thoughts dwelling elsewhere?

And Ikki can dodge a barrage of strikes and projectiles so minimally that those of comparable speed can't see him move and just see the attacks phasing through his body?

In terms of copying, Nanami has been shown to be able to replicate more extreme abilities (it flat out states the only reason she can't fling her soul into another body to live forever via possession is because she never encountered the one who could do that), but it takes more on her part to learn and perfect it (seeing it twice versus seeing one stance)

Highly skilled swordsman are not even comparable to ikki he literally gains the nick sword God later on. He can actually swing with speeds no knee can see via edelweiss's sword play while being actually unconscious. That's far more impressive than having your thoughts dwell elsewhere cus ikki doesn't even have thoughts.

He dodged a barrage of invisible strikes with precog alone. And he was fixing his posture so fast people couldn't even notice amane was making him break his posture with prob hax. And he reflected an attack so fast no one realized what happened.

Those are just skill in katanagatari. Ikki can manipulate his eyes so that he stops seeing colors and block unnecessary info by skill. That and his other body control feats are pretty comparable to the things nanami has copied. Flinging your soul means Jack here if it can actually be learned normally.

Because there is exactly one singular time that Nanami copies something non-skill-based, that being Necromancy, and while it's ambiguous, it seems like it allowed her to use and counter it, but not understand it.

She managed to summon the ghosts of her parents, who told her to die, but mistakenly believed that they were just memories, and sent them screaming back to the afterlife with a surge of anger.

It's explicitly described as being a skill. If that implies that she wouldn't be able to copy it, then that could also imply that Necromancy is itself yet another skill within the verse

Creaturemaster971 said:
Can Ikki copy something that isn't skill-based?
Like magic for example?
There is a girl later on who can do that, but she doesn't do it with skill, she does it via her noble art which can copy noble arts. It's impossible to copy noble arts with skill.

Aight. So Ikki does seem to have a replication advantage, while Nanami has greater feats of Body Control.

Do you wanna still compromise and keep them on the same number?

The body control feats are actually pretty comparable. Ikki can cut out his ability to percieve info he deems useless and remove colors from his eyes by willing it to save energy (which is how his ittou shura works),
Rakudai ittou shura kurogane ikki
Ikki using body control when using Ittou Shura

as we stated, restart his own heart, edelweiss' sword play is basically fully reliant on body control manipulate vectors, fix his posture through probability and fate hax, can bring out 100% of his body strength, can reach top speed without accelerating, can fight while being unconscious, used body control to deal with paralysis from electricity etc.
But anyway the point is, this is not all Ikki has. His precog beats Nanami's, his knowledge on martial arts, sword arts, magic, spears, guns, much better senses, info analysis, etc.

Nanami is definitely comparable in some skills, but the reason Ikki is so skilled is cus he is skilled in most things that would amount to "skill" he is a top tier within his own verse of people with EE, Death Hax, elemental magic, Intangibility, prob hax, invisibility, paralysis etc. He fights all of these guys using nothing but skill.

Back