• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 5 Most Skilled Characters for Every Tier 2

Is there a 1 tier per character rule, beceause I don't see why Son Goku wouldn't be in multiple spots on the list.

Actually, why is he at the top of Low 2-C when the Angels and Grand Preist exist?

RatherClueless said:
Ikki would be capable of transforming his hands into mantis claws? Huh, interesting.
I will need to look at the episode again. That's not a skill feat, it's biology mimicry but yeah need to recheck. Gonna reply in a bit.

Firephoenixearl said:
I will need to look at the episode again. That's not a skill feat, it's biology mimicry but yeah need to recheck. Gonna reply in a bit.
I rewatched it for you ;P She only saw it once, so she could only make her nails grow, rather than copying the entire thing (She did claim that she could perfect it herself, by simply using it). Its also maid very clear that their Ninpo is skill, wether its bio-manip or canceling out your body weight.

Yeah just rewatched it myself, now that my memory is refreshed, yeah Ikki takes it. Ninpo can actually be learned by training (how training can make you increase your nails is beyond me but eh), so what Nanami is doing is basically a weak version of Ikki. Nanami just copies a skill whereas Ikki copies:

- The style (the exact same movements and fighting style with said technique)

- Copies and perfects whole fighting styles just by looking at the stance of said fighting style (whereas Nanami couldn't do such a thing, she had to see every move twice to copy Koto Ryu)

- Nanami doesn't perfect, she makes it fundemental, but that would usually mean that she uses it just as good as someone else, whereas Ikki after copying something is able to perfect it to suit his own fighting style more

So yeah even in copy im gonna have to say Ikki, on top of this, Ikki has a ton of other things with skill that far surpass Nanami (like Mind Reading, Bio Manip, precognition, info analysis) on top of already knowing far more things (marksmanship, spearmanship, martial arts, 128 sword styles etc) already. Yea Ikki takes this, but Nanami is a close 2nd spot.

The main difference between Nanami and Ikki is however, well...

Imagine you have both of them watching a hundred martialartists. Both of them will end up with the same skill, the difference is that Ikki got more skilled, while Nanami lost skill, also, about what you said.

https://imgur.com/a/JwPGMbk

She can do nearly all of that. So yeah...

That is really just flowery language. She is just an extremely good martial artist, so good other skills are weaker than hers. I could say the same for Ikki, he never used Stella's sword style outside of his first fight against her, because he is a far more skilled sword user.

And no, she can't do all of that. She was just commenting on the stance, as in it is useless i can tell that you're gonna attack and things like that.

Ikki saw a girls stance and learned a technique even she didn't know by perfecting the sword style by seeing it's stance. Nanami never learned anything from the stance, she had to see the skill being used (twice) to copy it.

And she still lacks Ikki's level of precog, info analysis, body control etc.

@Witchy

When are ya gonna put Ikki 1st in Low 7-C and 8-C? (I already said Im knowledgeable on both verses and Ikki > Yujiro in skill. Yujiro may be comparable or slightly superior in info analysis, but gets outdone immensly in every other single thing).

And in 8-C as i said, having a better marksmanship than Ikki doesn't mean you're more skilled when he will perform better in 99.9999999% of the situatons with that 0.000000001% being an interplanetary sniping (and that's not mentioning his copying).

That was Nanami talking about her watching her brother as a little kid. You are implying that she cant improve her ability to improve, but whatever.

Ofc she was making fun of him taking a stance, but why did she do that? Well, she explained that in those screenshots.

"so good other skills are weaker than hers."

She doesnt (naturally) use any skills, but just instinctive movements, which are above any skills she could learn. Its also not just flowery language, her skill diminishes when watching martial arts.

Edit: Might I ask, whats the "dumbest" martial arts he ever copied? (Is there anything comparable to canceling your body weight or growing out and hardening your nails?)

Ok but that is not quantifiable. That just means she's the best in the verse. And in Katanagatari outside of Shichika, the head of the Maniwa and Sabi (i don't actually believe the gun user is necessarily as good, but that's just opinion) the rest are fairly weak. Ikki exists in a world where people swing in such a way physics breaks in a sense and friction doesn't exist in their swing, making the swing completely silent and other stuff like that. I mean come on restarting your own heart is just everyday business for Ikki. Nanami has a statement that says "im the most skilled" but that doesn't necessarily mean she is the best in every verse ever, just in hers. Ikki has far better feats in literally every direction.

Firephoenixearl said:
@Witchy
When are ya gonna put Ikki 1st in Low 7-C and 8-C? (I already said Im knowledgeable on both verses and Ikki > Yujiro in skill. Yujiro may be comparable or slightly superior in info analysis, but gets outdone immensly in every other single thing).

And in 8-C as i said, having a better marksmanship than Ikki doesn't mean you're more skilled when he will perform better in 99.9999999% of the situatons with that 0.000000001% being an interplanetary sniping (and that's not mentioning his copying).
Its not Vindicares alone but the entire Assassinorum. I putted Ikki over Baki though

@Earl Kyoken is actually the second most skilled fighter in Katanagatari IIRC. She is capable of predicting any and all movements of a martialartist (even if she never saw that martial arts before). She has many hundred years of fighting experiece and a stupid amount of high class fighting styles. Nanami destroys her in the skill kategory.

"making the swing completely silent"

And Shichika out skilled someone who can reduce the friction of his blade by putting blood on it to the point where it moves FTL, your point being? (This was just in ep 2 btw.) The Katanagatari verse is INSANELY skilled lol.

RatherClueless said:
First Witch said:
Its not Vindicares alone but the entire Assassinorum.
Thats cheating!

For real though, you cant just composite an entire organisation into one character lol
My list, my rules

Its not composite Assassinorum though lol. you have to be more skilled than the organization the same way we allow entire verses to take a spot

GyroNutz said:
Master Oogway for 8-A and 8-B. You can include Kai the Collector for 8-B too
bump. Both have over 500 years of experience, and are far more skilled than the likes of Po who learnt the forbidden techniques after seeing them once, whereas Kung Fu masters, like Shifu who has a hundred years of experience couldn't learn even one of the techniques.

First Witch said:
My list, my rules

Its not composite Assassinorum though lol. you have to be more skilled than the organization the same way we allow entire verses to take a spot
You dont have to be more skilled than the entire verse though, just more skilled than the individual characters.

RatherClueless said:
You dont have to be more skilled than the entire verse though, just more skilled than the individual characters.
Witch consist of at least the 3 highest skilled character in said verse. There is no big difference between being more skilled compared to 3 and in the Assassinorums case 4 characters.

First Witch said:
@Gyro

So like.

Kung Fu Panda for first?
Just the two I named. I doubt they beat out Ikki outright, but they probably beat out the Eternal Champion in 8-B

First Witch said:
Witch consist of at least the 3 highest skilled character in said verse. There is no big difference between being more skilled compared to 3 and in the Assassinorums case 4 characters.
Maybe I missunderstood you, but what I am saying is that he would still only need to be above any of them individually. The reason for them > Ikki, was that sniper shot by one guy. The other ones would be looked at in individual cases aswell. Wether all 4 of them are listed or not, does not matter.

First Witch said:
Eh

Obviously?
If you agree, I dont get your point of saying:

"Its not Vindicares alone but the entire Assassinorum."

Since the only reason they are currently above Ikki is that sniper shot.

@First Witch

Pretty sure people voted "Vincidate Assassin" or whatever his name was specifically. And Ikki outmatches all of them anyway. The best thing all of the assassins combined have shown is a sniper shot from Vindicare. Anyway Ikki is far more skilled than them if Vindicare's best move was that.

and why is LoL above Ikki? Ikki > Yujiro who was on par with LoL. Idk much about LoL but if they are in the same ballpark as Yujiro Ikki would be far greater.

RatherClueless said:
"making the swing completely silent"

And Shichika out skilled someone who can reduce the friction of his blade by putting blood on it to the point where it moves FTL, your point being? (This was just in ep 2 btw.) The Katanagatari verse is INSANELY skilled lol.
Putting blood reduces friction by nature. Im saying completely negating air friction (the attack becomes silent and no energy is reduced from friction) by attacking, because in Rakudai that's possible through sheer swordsmanship.

Never said the verse is trash, but no matter who you compare to the likes of Ikki in terms of skill, it's like comparing an ant to a dragon. Again "her getting weaker" means the skills she copies are not as good, Ikki has done that tons of times. Ikki is better even at copying (can copy from stance alone, whereas Nanami didn't copy anything until it was actually used), precog, info analysis, body control (the dude is so skilled at body control he can literally remove colors from his eyesight to transfrom that energy into physical energy [which is how his Ittou moves work]), knowledge, fighting styles and more. A sentence that explains her superiority over the rest doesn't mean it's a feat that outdoes everything Ikki can do. Ikki >>>> all of the katanagatari cast, Nanami being above them too doesn't mean she's above Ikki.

"Putting blood reduces friction by nature. Im saying completely negating air friction (the attack becomes silent and no energy is reduced from friction) by attacking, because in Rakudai that's possible through sheer swordsmanship."

So you are telling me that you can swing a sword at FTL speeds if you put blood on it? Interesting!

For real though, its specificly mentioned that that is a technique. Not everyone can do that in verse. Only people who mastered that fighting style.

Kyoken never saw Shichika fight and just due to her knowledge about fightingstyles, she completely toyed with him. Nanami is vastly more skilled than her too.

The reason why she is so much superior to everyone else, is because any fightingstyle that uses any "spare movements" or that make a change in stance or anything like that, are vastly slower and inferior to her.

This is why I asked, whats Ikkis best/most impressive technique?

That's just the logic of the verse dude. You can if you put blood in it, the rest is just speed. Ikki can make his shadow not be able to keep up with him.

I mean ugh, Ikki's most impressive feat, where do i begin?

Check out his profile, literally everything is skill based for Ikki (besides Ittou things cus they use magic too):

Insight:

Perfect Vision

Trackless Step

Blade Steal

Complete Body Control:
(This is really broken)

Ikki Kurogane's Secret Sword Techniques (SS):

This should be noted: Doubling Physical Power: Ikki's ability as a Blazer. He is able to double his physical abilities, however, this is a power that has been considered useless as other Blazers are able to enhance their physical abilities up to five to six times using their natural magical power as such he gained the title of Worst Knight. Though Ikki was able to use his superhuman body control and willpower in order to ignore his survival instincts, which resulted in his own Noble Arts, Ittou Shura and later Ittou Rasetsu.

I mean just hop on here and read about Ikki. https://rakudai-kishi.fandom.com/wiki/Ikki_Kurogane#Abilities

"That's just the logic of the verse dude. You can if you put blood in it, the rest is just speed."

Hold up, did you just nope a feat/statement and pretty much claimed authors death... just because? Oof.

Its a very speciffic technique that uses blood, thats it.

"Ikki can make his shadow not be able to keep up with him."

So can I and everything that moves. Not sure about that argument. Besides, thats just speed. I dont think the flash will be here due to him being fast either.

I did check out his profile btw. I cant find anything comparable to altering your body (the nails), negating body weight (the walking on air thing), FTL sworddrwas by ignoring friction (Yes, thats a technique, wether it uses blood or not) or even Kyokens body steal (also a technique IIRC).

The speed is irrelevant it's just speed. Ikki can ignore friction too, so yes he can do that.

Negating the body weight and nails altering is a technique based on skill, that doesn't even need that much skill to copy. Basic ninjas could do that, so yeah he can copy.

Body Steal that's a HUGE nlf and you know that. That's not something you assume without feats.

Ikki can outdo them all. And again that is just copy. Did you see ikki's body control and precog? They far outdo any feat in the katanagatari verse.

Also this is getting old do whatever you want. We're just repeating the same things, it's a matter of oppinion at this point. I can't convince you if you don't read the light novels yourself or watch the anime.

Point is:

Copy: Ikki can copy something Nanami couldn't actually do. She couldn't copy from stance, Ikki perfected a sword style from a stance. And that's a fact.

Precog: Far outdoes anything.

Body Control: Ikki has far more feats here.

Ikki is just a better Nanami.

"Body Steal that's a HUGE nlf and you know that. That's not something you assume without feats."

This was about skill in the verse in general, not Nanami.

"Basic ninjas could do that, so yeah he can copy."

These were all highly advanced techniques they studied for their entire life. Every technique they used was perfected over many generations. None of the Maniwa are "basic" btw., not sure where u got that from. The point is, if he never copied anything comparable, than its a NLF to assume he can copy "weightlessnes" or bio-manip to such a degree.

"Did you see ikki's body control and precog?"

I have. His body controll is impressive, but Nanami is basically a walking corpse. Her body literally wont allow her to die. She just ignores anything you do to her.

"The speed is irrelevant it's just speed. Ikki can ignore friction too, so yes he can do that."

I brought that up because you used "fricionless fighting" to prove that Ikkis verse is superior to Katanagatari, which is why I said "They can do that too though".

"it's a matter of oppinion at this point. I can't convince you if you don't read the light novels yourself or watch the anime."

Might aswell just gonna go and watch it tbh.

"Ikki can copy something Nanami couldn't actually do. She couldn't copy from stance, Ikki perfected a sword style from a stance. And that's a fact."

She literally said that she can do that. There is also no "anti-feat" to disprove that, nor is there any reason for her to lie.

"Precog: Far outdoes anything."

That might be so.

"Ikki is just a better Nanami."

What a bold statement. Well, I'll go and watch the anime I guess.

Back