• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 5 Most Skilled Characters for Every Tier 2

That's just good marksmanship. Ikki may not have that great of a marksmanship but he outdoes in 5 billion more things.
Except that skill feat vastly outshines Ikki's stuff

hell, that snipershot was a frikkin headshot trought the eye

has Ikki ever pulled anything even remotly close to that kind of skill ?

Ikki had shown things far above vindictive in a thousand other areas. He has revived himself, fixed his leg when he was made to slip by fate hax, perfects any skill, including sword, martial, spear or any other weapon and even guns without actual teaching and just seeing the stance, fights unconscious and copies things while unconscious, reads minds, emotions, chain of thoughts, predicts thoughts, sees weaknesses on glance, manipulates energy and noise with skill and far more. 1 interplanetary kill means he's a good marksman, not more skilled. He's extremely limited in his skill.

In that case, I concede to Ikki being above Nanami and Shichika

Nanami can definitely be put in 7-A, though (and possibly Shichika once I finally get done with this 2-year-long revision)

Well according to Fire's post above, he can also copy styles with a stance-glance.

And because I keep forgetting about Nanami's whole "natural instincts superior to any martial art" thing. Like, I don't recall that part at all and it keeps slipping my mind.

Well, Nanami even copied the ability to walk on air and to biologicaly alter her body and she did all of this with just a glance. This might be a stretch, but I am fairly confident, that she would have been able to copy even Kyokens ability (someone should make a profile for her), but who knows.

Did Ikki ever do anything like that? (This is disregarding the fact, that all of these skills are still vastly inferior to Nanamis actual/natural skill)

Nope. Disregard my earlier comment on conceding to Ikki. Though until I re-review episode seven, I think we can still place Ikki above Shichika

Walking on water is not skill, it's ability or raw strength. But yes i do still believe ikki takes this he can read and predict thoughts and emotions with skill, and her walking on air is comparable to ikki reviving himself "after" dying from fate induced heart attack.

I am just asking, because I have never seen the show, but the only thing that I have seen so far, that would place Ikki above Nanami, is Earl saying so (I assume he watched/read both animes/LNs/mangas or is at least knowledgeable about the verses). However, nothing of the things he presented would make Ikki > Nanami.

Ikki has better feats (from what I can tell) interms of "how"/"from whome" he copied stuff, but Nanami (unless Earl can give some really crazy stuff) has just copied way more complex and ludicrous things, while those are also just the tip of the iceberg, in terms of what her skill truly amounts to, so yeah...

Waling on water is explicitly a martial arts skill in Katanagatari, relying on body control, as is warping your hands into mantis claws and firing poisonous darts from your wrists. If Nanami made herself weightless, and Ikki used his mind-reading sight, but they witnessed each other doing it, would they both just mutually copy it?

Fairly confident Nanami can copy anything Ikki does, not sure about the other way around.

Also, if him reviving himself is your reasoning for him taking the spot over Nanami, then The Adventurer would casually take first place lol.

Jordanbairdcreaturemaster97 said:
Waling on water is explicitly a martial arts skill in Katanagatari, relying on body control, as is warping your hands into mantis claws and firing poisonous darts from your wrists. If Nanami made herself weightless, and Ikki used his mind-reading sight, but they witnessed each other doing it, would they both just mutually copy it?
I think? As long as it's skill based ikki should copy it. Same for namamie the only thing i don't see nani copying is ikki restarting his own heart at will after it stops. That's just dumb beyond limits.

Also nani doesn't lunch the darts from her wrists. She just throws them.

"only thing i don't see nani copying is ikki restarting his own heart at will after it stops. That's just dumb beyond limits."

You are talking about the girl, who should have been dead for years, but just acts like nothing is wrong with her. Wouldnt be surprised if she could pull of sth like that tbh.

Sorry, that's what I meant by firing, I should have used clearer wording.

Nanami would absolutely be able to copy heart-restarting. She copied a technique that is literal bio-shapeshifting

From what I can read of Hank on his profile and the wiki, he seems to be of a comparable level to Claire Stanfield.

Actually, why is Batman listed below Grappler Baki characters? Each of them seem to usually specialize in one martial art, rather than mastering all of them.

Has anyone looked at the original version of this thread for reference?

Also, 076 has good experience, not skill. He shouldn't be on the list if his time spent fighting is the reason.

Tony di bugalu said:
I must ask, why is Khorne at the top of 1-A?
I think there is something about Khorne being the concept of fighting or something of that nature

although I'm pretty sure Muzan helps masada take the second spot from the rest of warhammer

Yobo Blue said:
Also, 076 has good experience, not skill. He shouldn't be on the list if his time spent fighting is the reason.
Er no, his skill comes from being a master of all martial arts on earth and numerous ones that arent on earth as well as being the strategist and general for the armies of the Scarlet King's assault against Mekhane, he absolutely deserves his spot

I'm gonna assume it's about the strikethrough Batman thing.

I just really feel like the main draw of Batman is his comparative humanity, and the fact that it makes him an effective underdog when he's juxtaposed against so many superhuman characters. Having him be building level feels too far onto the side of outright superhuman for me, and kind of undermines his role in the DC narrative as a man who wins with wits and tricks, rather than just punching buildings down all the time.

He's still far stronger than any other human, which is why I'd be fine with 9-B or even 9-A.

It's literally nothing but my own preference and bias, and I acknowledge that he has 8-C feats that are legitimate, I just don't like it.

Oh! Yay!

When I checked this morning, he had been bumped back to 8-C.

But now I'm checking the history and that never happened either.

What kind of Mandela Effect, enemy stand bullshit is this?

Maybe you looked at Post-Flashpoint Batman, who will be the superior Batman. Once Post Crisis inevitable gets his speed downgraded.

What does "Skilled" mean?

Like the character has a lot of skills and abilities, or that the character is very skillful in combat?

And are there any other rules that should be known?

Back