• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 5 Most Skilled Characters for Every Tier 2

Is the previous list copied perhaps? There are some really questionable placings in it, especially in the higher tiers...

First Witch said:
Is the previous list copied perhaps? There are some really questionable placings in it, especially in the higher tiers...
Yobo forgot to clear the rest of the list when he copied from the Top 5 Strongest for Each Tier thread

I vote nasu for high 3-A as well since the low 2-CS are also the high 3-As

I also vote Shiki for 9-B since omniscience in the nasuverse would make you pretty skilled, Touko and Araya are decently skilled 8-Bs too if there are no other contenders

yes I am trying to flood the list with nasuverse

Overlord775 said:
@Earl

About the Ikki thing

that looks much more like just touch based power mimicry than just skill
No it's actual skill im serious. He was like when i saw your stance i copied a skill you didn't know but your dad did cus lol.

He used blade steal on a dead guy who he hadn't ever seen nor watched fight. Ffs

First Witch said:
The creator of the lost copy pasted the top 5 strongest, but didn't finish clearing things out in the upper tiers.

Firephoenixearl said:
No it's actual skill im serious. He was like when i saw your stance i copied a skill you didn't know but your dad did cus lol.

He used blade steal on a dead guy who he hadn't ever seen nor watched fight. Ffs
the more you talk about it the less it seems like skill and more just power mimicy

Well it's not. It's actual skill. Watch the series if you want. Does restarting your own heart look like a skill feat? Cus with ikki it is.

@Overlord

He doesn't have any magic or supernatural ability other than stat amping in the beginning of the series, this is basically the entire central piece to the plot. He's specifically noted to be observing, the opponent's mindset, stances, techniques, etc to predict, replicate, and even improve their fighting styles.

The thing about stealing a technique from a dead guy, which I assume is why you said that, what he did was actually observe the stance of the guy's daughter, and figure out all the best ways to move and optimize her stuff, which lead him to discovering the dead guy's secret technique.

So, he took the basic level stance of the swordmanship's style, and used all his skill and knowledge of sword fighting to fill in the gaps and perfect it down to the level of replicating the master of the style's secret technique.

She does a lot of similar things when it comes to "power mimicry" (Just not quite as extreme). Its just plain skill too though. Very specifically stated. Wouldnt be suprised if Ikki can do similar things (fiction gets weird sometimes).

While I am at it, she should be added for all of her keys too.

Blahblah9755 said:
@Overlord
He doesn't have any magic or supernatural ability other than stat amping in the beginning of the series, this is basically the entire central piece to the plot. He's specifically noted to be observing, the opponent's mindset, stances, techniques, etc to predict, replicate, and even improve their fighting styles.
TBH this feels a similar thing to Batman being only "Peak Human" when he's clearly not just that

Copy-and-pasting from previous thread (sorry for wall of text)

9-A:

SCP-076 can remain in number one, but I think Claire and Solan both outskill Grappler Baki characters.

Claire Stanfield: effortlessly outskills an immortal soldier who has been fighting for 300+ years, a homunculus created for the purpose of combat, a girl trained as an assassin from the moment she was born, and a legendary hitman who is so infamously deadly that the most lethal mercenaries in the world want to call themselves by his name to boost their street cred. Defeats a highly-trained katana-wielding samurai with a pair of scissors, and dodges shurikens by seeing them reflected in his opponent's eyes, specifically maneuvering them to hit said opponent in the process.

Solan has thousands of years of training and experience, and is effortlessly superior to John Carter, who has at leas 200 years of warfare experience and dueled a particularly dangerous Thern (an entire race of master swordsmen) on even footing while half-asleep, bleeding heavily, nearly blind, and coming up with an escape plan. John Carter described him as a "wizard of the blade", and said fighting him was the equivalent of fighting forty of himself.

8-B:

Don't know how he stacks up to Ikki, but...

Shichika Yasuri: Can instantly see and take advantage of the mistakes made by world-renowned warriors from the moment he first experiences combat. Matched, and later surpassed, a pair of immortal ninjas with over 170+ years of combat and assassination experience, and even surpassed his sister, who could assimilate entire fighting styles just by witnessing their opening stance. Considered equal to Sabi Hakuhei, the most deadly swordsman in history, who was considered to be a weapon of mass destruction the moment he picked up a sword.

I nominate I/O characters for 1-A. While they don't have much need for it due to their reality warping and free control of information, they are all incredibly skilled hackers. Many of them are also great tacticians and combat experts

Well yeah, its kinda hard to beat "better than any martial arts to the point where they make her weaker while just witnessing them", but from what Earl says, Ikki is above that... somehow...

I know Ikki can replicounter (my new trademarked word for being able to copy and become immune to something) any fighting style from the first clash, but Nanami can do so from glancing at the initial stance and improves it perfectly after a second glance

Jordanbairdcreaturemaster97 said:
Not even Nanami, really? Nanami basically exists to hardcounter characters that rely on skill in a fight
Yeah basically. He does what nanamiev does but better. Much better. He can read minds and revive himself via skill. And that's a basic day for him. He fought and win vs amane shinomiya ffs, via skill and plot too but eh.

@Jordan Thats kind of the lame part. Her skill is far above just "copying" stuff, since that actually weakens her already perfect fighting style.

I know, thats why I said, that she is above simply coying things via a glance, which is more so what Ikki does (never read or watched the show. I can just talk about stuff thats on the profile/ Earl said)

Just took a look at Amanes profile

"Nameless Glory (ÚüÄÕë░Òü¬ÒéïÕÑ│þÑ×Òü«Õ»ÁµäøÒâìÒâ╝ÒâáÒâ¼Òé╣Òé░Òâ¡Òâ╝Òâ¬Òâ╝, Nēmuresu Gurōr─½, lit., "Goddess' Excessive Favor"): First though to be a form of precognition by many, ..."

Not sure, but I think it might be lacking a "t", as in thought, rather than though.

Firephoenixearl said:
Overlord775 said:
the top 8-C spot goes to a Vindicate Assassi hands down, the dudes can snipe someone from interplanetary range with relativistic
That's just good marksmanship. Ikki may not have that great of a marksmanship but he outdoes in 5 billion more things.
Except that skill feat vastly outshines Ikki's stuff

hell, that snipershot was a frikkin headshot trought the eye

has Ikki ever pulled anything even remotly close to that kind of skill ?

Yeah Vindicare Assassins take 8-C for sure.

On another note, Machamp surprisingly has an insane amount of skill, having mastered every single martial art there is. I know for a fact that beats out Garou, and looks like it might even take the #1 spot.

Back