• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 10 Strongest Non-Smurfs for every tier continued (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what characters I miss for these lists? Composite Devilman and Satan. Legit actual titans in their time, and I wonder how those versions would do against the profiles we have up now, alas, we got rid of composites.
I feel like they would be the type who were powerful in the day but would be destroyed by all the Conceptual Manipulation and layered hax going around these days.

I feel like they would be the type who were powerful in the day but would be destroyed by all the Conceptual Manipulation and layered hax going around these days.
The thing about that though, is that with standards being changed and ability pages being re-written, it would likely affect their profiles too. There's just no way of knowing how since it got nuked lol.

Edit: It also sucks that the wiki doesn't have a feature which allows us to look at the history of deleted pages.

Last edited:
The thing about that though, is that with standards being changed and ability pages being re-written, it would likely affect their profiles too. There's just no way of knowing how since it got nuked lol.

Edit: It also sucks that the wiki doesn't have a feature which allows us to look at the history of deleted pages.
Yeah, sure sucks to not be able to do that.

I'm looking up other websites versions of their composites, and based on the given statements by today's standards they'd be like type 1 concept manipulators, type 3 conceptual existences, with passive fate, High-Godly regen, and immeasurable speed. kek.

I'm looking up other websites versions of their composites, and based on the given statements by today's standards they'd be like type 1 concept manipulators, type 3 conceptual existences, with passive fate, High-Godly regen, and immeasurable speed. kek.
Are they also 1-A.

It is law manip/power null on all damage that would be dealt to them, how is that not a mechanism
Power Null wouldn't justify invulnerability, cause you can't negate things stronger than shown unless the power null has a special mechanism.

Law Manip, as in manipulating the laws of existence so that you can't be harmed, would work. However, I have yet to see any evidence or indication of law manip being involved. Even the law manip on Yubel's profile doesn't mention it being used for such a thing. (I also don't see how the justification for that actually justifies law manip, but that aside)

Honestly, maybe I should just make a CRT...

Power Null wouldn't justify invulnerability, cause you can't negate things stronger than shown unless the power null has a special mechanism.

Law Manip, as in manipulating the laws of existence so that you can't be harmed, would work. However, I have yet to see any evidence or indication of law manip being involved. Even the law manip on Yubel's profile doesn't mention it being used for such a thing. (I also don't see how the justification for that actually justifies law manip, but that aside)

DT, honestly it sounds a lot like the mechanics of Ether Manipulation from your verse you work on.

DT, honestly it sounds a lot like the mechanics of Ether Manipulation from your verse you work on.
...in which way? If manipulation of a "substance" more fundamental than and basis of the laws of nature was mentioned I have missed it.
If that's how it works it's fine, I just see no explanations in that regard.

...in which way? If manipulation of a "substance" more fundamental than and basis of the laws of nature was mentioned I have missed it.
If that's how it works it's fine, I just see no explanations in that regard.
Law Manipulation that Pnulls abilities and attacks to prevent them from working on them. That's Yomoji's whole thing, pretty much. Except it more-so lessens the effect of an ability, which... not sure if that counts as Pnull or not.

Law Manipulation that Pnulls abilities and attacks to prevent them from working on them. That's Yomoji's whole thing, pretty much. Except it more-so lessens the effect of an ability, which... not sure if that counts as Pnull or not.
I mean, yeah it is. To be clear, I have nothing against invulnerability itself, if properly justified. I just find it strange how Yubels profile basically justifies it by just saying "the card effect says she can't be damaged".

Equal, some people can share a spot with other place with speed unequal if they can defeat the lower spots but can't defeat that particular character with speed equal.
Aw perfect.

Then based on this, I'll suggest the following changes.

2-B

Everything is fine but 7th place should be updated to:

7. Characters from Sonic the Hedgehog (The End, Solaris (Game) and Sonic the Hedgehog (Modern))/Characters from EarthBound

Reasons were already discussed with @Ego here.

2-C

9 and 10 should be updated to:

9. Characters from Yu-Gi-Oh! (Mainly Yubel but including The Egyptian Gods)

10. Characters from EarthBound (Ness and Giygas)

Given that Demigra cannot do anything against neither get one shotted nor dealing with Fate hax/All the shit Giygas has.

Low 2-C

I dunno... Giygas can definitely passively Mind Hax White Face... But I am unsure if Ness can be on that list too, because he can only incon him lol.

I mean, yeah it is. To be clear, I have nothing against invulnerability itself, if properly justified. I just find it strange how Yubels profile basically justifies it by just saying "the card effect says she can't be damaged".
I'm honestly completely lost on how we treat YGO card effects here. In-game Yubel can't be destroyed by battle (Basically cannot be killed physically? I suppose), and can't take battle damage either (Honestly have no clue what this would be considered, besides physical invulnerability on a 4D scale).

But besides just those effects, how do we consider in-archetype spell and trap cards? What about in-archetype fusion cards that can be used to summon monsters out of archetype? It's all confusing, but one day I want a profile for my witchcrafter girls.

Edit:

Like there's a way to interpret YGO negation effects as being able to negate all types of immortality and like Mid-godly regen. lol

Last edited:
You know what characters I miss for these lists? Composite Devilman and Satan. Legit actual titans in their time, and I wonder how those versions would do against the profiles we have up now, alas, we got rid of composites.
Fun story (not really), I legit spent roughly half a year bumping my first Vs thread (on and off) that I made featuring Satan Vs The Godwoken (back when the former was 2-C via composite shenanigans) for the spot in 5th place and by the time I managed to concluded the Vs thread (thanks in no small part of hosting a pity party) ending with Satan's W, VSBW standards changes causing composites to get nuked so I couldn't even add the results on to the respective profiles nor request Satan to take The Godwoken's place on the og strongest thread (back on the old forum) meaning I essentially wasted my time and effort on the discussion.

After the forum move, as we all know there was a flood of cringe ass characters and convoluted "literature" with gazillions of passive layered haxes that bypass the concept of nuance which on top of my own negative experience from my first Vs thread, ment I seldom create Vs threads now but I can't help but empathize with those brave souls who still bump their Vs threads for weeks to months on end, trying to spark some discussion that'll (hopefully) lead to a conclusion for the match (while having to deal with the ever present threat that a CRT and/or site standards thread may render their thread outdated), truly a "fun" hobby amirite?

Pardon my rant.

Oh my ******* god I just realized that's what zencha put down for the invul, instead of the literal line of text she has on her card "This card cannot be destroyed by battle" I am going to snap this man like a twig.
As you can see from my sudden realization, the profiles are bad, that's why it only says that and why we don't have a blog explaining why we take the card effects as literal.

But basically, all card effects in Yugioh are literal in one way or another due to the verse's energy system. However, the way they are literal differs from one card to another; for Yubel we see that her destruction immunity and cannot be damaged stuff functions as invul.
I'm honestly completely lost on how we treat YGO card effects here. In-game Yubel can't be destroyed by battle (Basically cannot be killed physically? I suppose), and can't take battle damage either (Honestly have no clue what this would be considered, besides physical invulnerability on a 4D scale).

But besides just those effects, how do we consider in-archetype spell and trap cards? What about in-archetype fusion cards that can be used to summon monsters out of archetype? It's all confusing, but one day I want a profile for my witchcrafter girls.

Edit:

Like there's a way to interpret YGO negation effects as being able to negate all types of immortality and like Mid-godly regen. lol
We treat card effects as legit but how we do so depends on the card itself, for example, not all banish effects are the same thing, some are bfr, some are ee, some are sealing, etc. For being immune to battle effects we treat it as invul against AP, meanwhile, the cant take battle damage stuff is a bit weirder to sort out, as it depends on the mediums, sometimes it's pain, sometimes it is raw AP, sometimes it's hax, it is just weird.

This is a whole ass other can of worms that I and zencha have yet to deal with on-site

I mean this is less an interpretation and just how it is, if you solemn warning or strike yubel's effect in the grave then that is just negation of immortality and Mid-godly

I mean this is less an interpretation and just how it is, if you solemn warning or strike yubel's effect in the grave then that is just negation of immortality and Mid-godly
Interesting. Kozmoll Dark Lady can also negate its GY effect along with many other cards... but I thought about Kozmos because that's another deck I like.

Interesting. Kozmoll Dark Lady can also negate its GY effect along with many other cards... but I thought about Kozmos because that's another deck I like.
Yeah, but like I said before, cards outside of the anime are a whole ass other can of worms, so supporters aren't really focusing on them for now, bar the ones with lore

Those are some real fighting words, some real mailed aggresion, some real act of throwing hands,

coming from someone who powerscales YUGIOH
Yugioh players are actually forced to go outside to play the game compared to the MMO grind for 3 weeks to get one item drop, basic armor with no transmogs looking mf that is reaper

Yeah, but like I said before, cards outside of the anime are a whole ass other can of worms, so supporters aren't really focusing on them for now, bar the ones with lore
I see, well, hit me up when you guys get past the anime revisions stuff.

Monster effect negates being capable of negating resistance, regen, Invul, stat amps ect. is a large topic I've discussed outside of the wiki. To the point where Dark Lady was stomping Sasuke, Ainz, and Accelerator (With no higher dimensional scaling)

Edit:

Quick effects are also essentially passive in that community kek.

Yugioh players are actually forced to go outside to play the game compared to the MMO grind for 3 weeks to get one item drop, basic armor with no transmogs looking mf that is reaper
Deonment. Please put the cap away. Nothing you say can convince me otherwise when Konami had to pass hygiene rules because ya mfers forced their hands.

Saying this as a passionate Master Dueler whos favourite deck is Sky Striker

Deonment. Please put the cap away. Nothing you say can convince me otherwise when Konami had to pass hygiene rules because ya mfers forced their hands.

plays master duel
and sky striker too
L_
I don't think you understand, hygiene is the least of a MMOs player's worries, cause either they will be looking more like a sphere than a human, or are straight-up skin and bones

Given that Demigra cannot do anything against neither get one shotted nor dealing with Fate hax/All the shit Giygas has
How many universes EarthBound scale to???, and Demigra is a Demon, he has Acausality 1 & 4
This remind me the time when i still buying and collecting cards at shop, man having three Egyptian Gods card is a dream. Dropped the series after 5Ds, Synchro summon was the last good thing

This remind me the time when i still buying and collecting cards at shop, man having three Egyptian Gods card is a dream. Dropped the series after 5Ds, Synchro summon was the last good thing
The ineffable amount of copium in this statement is smth else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back