• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toon Force does not have any limitations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, if you know what a gag character is and how they warp reality for fun then you'd know that it having limitations is rather stupid in how they can do almost anything with it.. So, just saying that a character can't do ALMOST anything with toon force is kind of the understatement at that point. Characters warp reality for fun with toon force it's legitmately not even a power, it's more an ability. So, how does this even work? Also- I'd like to also point out that people in certain ADULT cartoons do get killed by toon force, like being smashed in by a mallet and dying. Also, one of the articles state that in Looney Tunes- Bugs Bunny has shot a baseball at a guy and SLAMMED them down with it causing them to die. They also even sent one of the characters from Looney Tunes to hell, that sort of counts as them being dead if they're some where in the after life.

Exactly what I'm talking about it's ridiculous, Looney Tunes characters in this site are getting ****** over by low ballers.. It's insane.

Good idea, but-

I'm still sort of new at the page- I just like looking at this site though. It's rather nice to see what people can do here.

I really don't see how Toon Force gets this reputation as being unbeatable.

We only assume a power is capable of accomplishing what it has been shown to do, taking statements when they are within reason, and account for other factors such as casualness and injury. That goes for Toon Force, that goes for Reality Warping, that goes for anything.

Toon Force isn't special, it's really just comedic reality warping honestly. Hell, some characters even explicitly counter it (The Dip from Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, Beerus having an explicit resistance to Toon Force, etc.)

Wtf is this Toon Force wank I've been seeing lately?

I could literally say the same thing for Reality Warping, Law Manipulation,Subjective Reality and any other power. Toon Force is at the end of the day "lol so random" reality warping with some regen sprinkled in. Yet people treat it as some god-level ability that can't be beat. Same for Plot Manipulation albeit to a lesser extent.

The only thing I have to say to this thread is NLF.

Okay, but Arale and Bugs Bunny are on two different levels of Toon Force.

Arale doesn't even have hammerspace, or any of the other psyhical uses of Toon Force, all she has is just Super Human like abilities. Plus on top of that, Arale in the real world of Dragon Ball was legit just an android and after all THEY copied what they did in the show, just by a minimum.. Legit none of the things that Arale did was funny in any sense what so ever, so how does she get the reputation of Toon Force? (Also, really? The Dip..? Why did you include The Dip to this, look I know it's able to completely kill off Toons, but like- it's an acid that works like any other acid- but on toon's.)

Also, it's not a power- it's more of an ability then a power. And, no Toon force does not get the reputation of being unbeatable- because characters with the same ability can oneshot the other character with the same ability as them because they have the say ranking powers. Also, Toon Force is a rather useful ability due to it's surprising takes it has- it even can take characters out of their guard in certain situations- leaving them dumbfounded along the take.

But, I will agree with you that people do take powers or in other cases abilities in assumption of accomplishing certain things due to being shown what it can DO. But- In other terms that's rather how people point out their evidence and actually state to claims or reasons how and why.

Planck69 said:
I could literally say the same thing for Reality Warping, Law Manipulation,Subjective Reality and any other power. Toon Force is at the end of the day "lol so random" reality warping with some regen sprinkled in. Yet people treat it as some god-level ability that can't be beat. Same for Plot Manipulation albeit to a lesser extent.

The only thing I have to say to this thread is NLF.
Well, no- I'm not gonna say it can't be beaten. It's only that other characters with Toon Force can beat the other character despite their flaws- I reccomend you read the other comments down below I replied to. But, I do agree though- people do treat it as a god level ability. But, yes- it can be at most times, so it may or may not have flaws. It'd rather just be a understatement in the end of the day just because of how we all know that it can do so many things but yet people low ball it to an extent.

Humor is subjective. Just because I don't find Bugs Bunny funny doesn't mean he doesn't have Toon Force. It's literally just cartoon physics.

I brought up the Dip because it literally exists the counter Toon Force. It is a proof that Toon Force has limits.

That's the same thing. Power, ability, doesn't matter. That title is literally Toon Force has no limits. That's explicitly the claim you've made.

What are you even arguing for at this point?

DonkeyPoop123 said:
Well, no- I'm not gonna say it can't be beaten. It's only that other characters with Toon Force can beat the other character despite their flaws- I reccomend you read the other comments down below I replied to. But, I do agree though- people do treat it as a god level ability. But, yes- it can be at most times, so it may or may not have flaws. It'd rather just be a understatement in the end of the day just because of how we all know that it can do so many things but yet people low ball it to an extent.
That can literally be said for Reallity Warping. It's nothing special at all. Plot Manip is sometimes wanked but it at least deserves way more of a reputation than what is essentially random reality screw. To assume that Toon Force can just beat a character via "insert OoC situation that is specifically tailored for character but has never happened before" is just plain ridiculous.

And what the hell is this thread if not just over-exaggerating Toon Force and gag characters in general? So what if they're meant to be funny, that means jack sh*t when indexing their capabilities.

And no, it isn't a low-ball, we just don't hold Toon Force on any pedestal. It's just muh funny reality hax at the end of the day, nothing more.

Yeah, you got a good point about that honestly. But, I'm gonna have to say I feel a bit neutral about this due to your comment.

Also, aren't Toon Force and reality warping the same? If it's said for any character in any subject then who cares at this point really?

They sorta are (I'd actually argue that straight-up reality warping is better but whatever). Exactly, no one cares. Whether they are gag characters, parody characters or serious ones, all of them are subject to the same amount of scrutiny.

Also, again- (Sorry for spamming the reply buttton) OOC situations have happened before in Looney Tunes and other cartoons before it, due to Daffy, Elmer, and Bugs being capable of becoming animators of their own and drawing off the character or plot of the story to their own extent. I'd think it wouldn't really be safe to say that OOC situations like these never happening are really true to be honest.

Planck69 said:
They sorta are (I'd actually argue that straight-up reality warping is better but whatever). Exactly, no one cares. Whether they are gag characters, parody characters or serious ones, all of them are subject to the same amount of scrutiny.
So, wait is it NFL then or is it not cause it's sort of confusing then.. I think this page needs to be rebooted of some sort due to it's confusing ability.. Let alone have it just stand out as a Universal type power.

I'm talking about stuff like;

A: Joe has thought-based soul hax that Anne doesn't resist while the latter has thought-based BFR. But Joe opens with it regularly while Anne doesn't open with it in character. This should be a decisive win for Joe.

B: BuT ToOn foRCe wILl makE HiM ForGet AnD ThiNk aBOUt baNaNAS! LOL!

Obviously if it had happened in the canon of the work in question it can be considered. And even then, what you listed was Plot Manipulation not Toon Force.

DonkeyPoop123 said:
So, wait is it NFL then or is it not cause it's sort of confusing then.. I think this page needs to be rebooted of some sort due to it's confusing ability.. Let alone have it just stand out as a Universal type power.
No power on its own is universal by default. We just take it's full extent as what has been show. You want us to assume that a Gag character can beat anyone who isn't one, which borderline Saitama levels of NFL.

Planck69 said:
I'm talking about stuff like;

A: Joe has thought-based soul hax that Anne doesn't resist while the latter has thought-based BFR. But Joe opens with it regularly while Anne doesn't open with it in character. This should be a decisive win for Joe.

B: BuT ToOn foRCe wILl makE HiM ForGet AnD ThiNk aBOUt baNaNAS! LOL!

Obviously if it had happened in the canon of the work in question it can be considered. And even then, what you listed was Plot Manipulation not Toon Force.
That actually made me laugh a bit. Lol.

We have a page for Spaceflight. Toon Force is more than reasonable.

Not to mention, having a Toon Force page prevents misconceptions, at least most of the time.

Like any other ability, Toon Force users can only use what they've been shown to use on a level their shown to be at. You don't assume a Fire user can burn down an entire city because they can light a match with their mind. You don't assume a water user can flood a forest just because they can fill a pool. You don't assume an electricty user can knock out power for an entire grid just because then can make a toaster work without plugging it in.

The Smashor said:
We have a page for Spaceflight. Toon Force is more than reasonable.
Not to mention, having a Toon Force page prevents misconceptions, at least most of the time.

Like any other ability, Toon Force users can only use what they've been shown to use on a level their shown to be at. You don't assume a Fire user can burn down an entire city because they can light a match with their mind. You don't assume a water user can flood a forest just because they can fill a pool. You don't assume an electricty user can knock out power for an entire grid just because then can make a toaster work without plugging it in.
Uh- what..?

DonkeyPoop123 said:
Uh- what..?
He's basically saying that you should treat Toon Force as you would any other power. Its extent, limitations and applications vary from character to character like any other power and it will be indexed as such.

Planck69 said:
Toon Force has always been a wanked ability that people would claim used to give you things like Omnipotence more sporadicly back in the day.

It's not a bad ability though and can be useful for all of the fourth wall and plot shit it provides to people who abuse it. I know Gwenpool isn't a Toon Force user, but she's an example of how somebody can use their fourth wall abilities rather effectively which for many cartoon characters would derive from their Toon Force.

Planck69 said:
DonkeyPoop123 said:
Uh- what..?
He's basically saying that you should treat Toon Force as you would any other power. Its extent, limitations and applications vary from character to character like any other power and it will be indexed as such.
Yeah, but- it's not a power per say.. It's just an ability cartoon characters have.

DonkeyPoop123 said:
Look, if you know what a gag character is and how they warp reality for fun then you'd know that it having limitations is rather stupid in how they can do almost anything with it.. So, just saying that a character can't do ALMOST anything with toon force is kind of the understatement at that point. Characters warp reality for fun with toon force it's legitmately not even a power, it's more an ability. So, how does this even work? Also- I'd like to also point out that people in certain ADULT cartoons do get killed by toon force, like being smashed in by a mallet and dying. Also, one of the articles state that in Looney Tunes- Bugs Bunny has shot a baseball at a guy and SLAMMED them down with it causing them to die. They also even sent one of the characters from Looney Tunes to hell, that sort of counts as them being dead if they're some where in the after life.
Yes I agree. Because this wiki down plays Gumball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back