• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Too "normal" characters in the wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobsican

He/Him
It has brought my attention that characters like Soma Yukihira and Lilo from Lilo and Stitch can´t have a profile for some reason that hasn´t been solidified yet.

After all, SBA covers the lack of will in fighting and the profiles don´t seem to make any harm to have around overall.

Those characters were kust 10-Bs with literally nothing else. It's totally pointless, and akin to giving every random civilian a profile for no reason.

Lilo probably has feats though considering how cartoons are. Idk about her.

I normally would be fine to leave "random civilians" out of it, but when they are main characters, the thing should be probably different.

Also, apparently scaling Lilo to Stitch at all was deemed as a crazy outlier in the levels of scaling Bulma to Vegeta.

That thread was from 2016 though. Standards change over time. Not all series need to be indexed. Some of my favorite books there's no reason for me to put here, since even if they weren't nonfiction everyone's just be 10-B/A with literally nothing else.

What´s the reason they are denied, then again? Having profiles with an empty Powers and Abilities section isn´t that bad. Otherwise a note in the Editing Rules explaining this thing should be added if it wasn´t already.

Because it's pointless. If there's nothing setting them apart from regular human, why make a profile?

But there's nothing to index. It's just average person.

Going to sleep

Well there is no point for normal or average humans with no fighting skill to be here but the guy with subsonic knife speed is better than average humans so he can stay

My area said:
Well there is no point for normal or average humans with no fighting skill to be here but the guy with subsonic knife speed is better than average humans so he can stay
Subsonic knife speed is more normal than you think it is. For instance, even amateur badminton players (like myself) can consistently hit and react to shuttles at speeds of upto 300 kmph (mid-subsonic). Small movements aren't too difficult to get subsonic speeds from.

Bobsican said:
I mean, if it´s too simple for that sort of characters, why not just make a "standart" page that just lists the characters that fall in such "generic" stats?
Yeah, why don't we do this?

TacticalNuke002 said:
My area said:
Subsonic knife speed is more normal than you think it is. For instance, even amateur badminton players (like myself) can consistently hit and react to shuttles at speeds of upto 300 kmph (mid-subsonic). Small movements aren't too difficult to get subsonic speeds from.
Oh really?Then nevermind

So would a average person wielding knife would be close to subsonic speeds?

No for the most part. Souma's subsonic comes from cutting onions on a cutting board at blur speeds. For actually attacking people, you'd need to swing your arms or stab, where you can't generate that much speed easily.

TacticalNuke002 said:
No for the most part. Souma's subsonic comes from cutting onions on a cutting board at blur speeds. For actually attacking people, you'd need to swing your arms or stab, where you can't generate that much speed easily.
Then why did he have Subsonic speed though if he can only cut onions in sub sonic speed and not actually attack at sub sonic speed

Bob. We dont need a rule for every small thing or loophole, the rule site is already as full as it can get. Common sense dictates what stays and what not. And a character from a non combat show with absolutly zero combat feat does not belong on a statistic sites regarding, you guessed it, combat feats. His main character status changes zero on that.

I think the last time we discussed this, it was mainly along the lines that a profile has to be useable.

If a profile is detailed enough that one can, based on it, make meaningful decisions in a (fair) combat scenario it is fine. A profile that doesn't give that is essentially of too low quality.

Due to that normal non-combat normal humans usually don't work.

In principle a character from a non-combat series with no combat feats would be fine, though, as long as one could argue what combat against the character could look like beyond what fighting a random human looks like.

First Witch said:
Bob. We dont need a rule for every small thing or loophole, the rule site is already as full as it can get. Common sense dictates what stays and what not.
You may be right, but they have to be written somewhere so users don´t complain that we are just suddendly making them up out of bias and so on.

Anyways, if the main issue is that they hardly have a "in-character" analogy for Vs. threads, we can just ban them from being in Vs. threads that can be added (just like tier 0 matches), after all, there is hardly any issue coming from this with the previous point applied, respectively.

Whats the use of adding them then why not add all irrelevent human characters who we know as well?

My area said:
Whats the use of adding them then why not add all irrelevent human characters who we know as well?
It really depends on what you consider "irrelevant", for example, we can´t just add a background character with no actually shown name to begin with, for example.

Irrelevent like humans in DB who have little significance like Cocoa from DBS or Farmer with a shotgun or any normal people who have some significance in series but no significance in fighting at all you get me right?

Yes, but they can just be banned from being used in Vs. threads (like how it goes for tier 0s), then again.

This is an indexing site, not one which main focus are Vs. threads, after all.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
If they have any notable feats or abilities, even though prep or something like hacking, then I guess they can stick around. A popular character brings traffic. However, if they have literally nothing then there is no point to having them around. Lilo iirc at least has some prep feats from dealing with Stitch's siblings
^

Just like what Iapitus said if the character has no relevence for any combat or has no purpose at all and it isn't differentiated with normal humans beings then its no use

Bobsican said:
I mean, if it´s too simple for that sort of characters, why not just make a "standart" page that just lists the characters that fall in such "generic" stats?

Then again whats the use of such characters who will only be wastage of pages?

Vs battle wiki isn't only indexing site but also debating site as well

Tier 0 is banned due to scaling them is impossible which is not the case here

My area said:
Then again whats the use of such characters who will only be wastage of pages?
Vs battle wiki isn't only indexing site but also debating site as well
I´m sure indexing is the main focus, despite the name the site has.

Restricting the allowance of a simple sort of character only for their "too normal" stats is not a very good reason when you think about it.

Yes but whats the use of indexing normal humans with no special powers or anything different?

Depends on how you perceive the too normal stats

That´s easy, to fully know that a character is in such category, just like anything else in the site.

To be aware of their stats, then again.

Debating in a versus thread isn´t everything.

And why do you need to be aware of normal humans stats with no combat or different ability which isn't normal?

Its still a debating site as well and all of stats and tiering system and there is for indexing and debating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back