• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Staff Discussion rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Deagonx again that just sounds like the two members arguing back and forth need to make a summary of their points and let the staff decide, simple as that. If they don’t add anything extra to the table you might as well finish the discussion.

Yeah thats the idea. I think my approach above is the best way to enforce that effectively, IMO

No problem! The page "Discussion Rules" needs to be unlocked. So I can apply the changes

I think that the current rules seem fine, except for that "except for Admins" should probably be replaced with "except for Bureaucrats" to set some strict safeguards in place.
I reworded the proposal a bit to make it more streamlined.
  • Only staff members and regular members staff have deemed highly trustworthy may participate in Staff Discussion threads unless an explicit exception is noted.
  • Only staff members with evaluation rights can authorize regular members to participate in Staff Discussion threads. Thread Moderators and Administrators can only grant permission for a single post at a time; only Bureaucrats have the discretion to grant permission for indefinite posting rights. If a staff member determines that a regular member has misused their granted privileges, another staff member can remove them.
  • Regular members may not comment on Staff Discussion threads marked as "Restricted solely for staff members" under any circumstances, as such discussions cover sensitive wiki policy issues and other similar crucial matters that require great caution.
  • In controversial Staff Discussion threads that must avoid spam and unconstructive bickering, regular members are only allowed one highly relevant post each to prevent thread spamming/hijacking. Only Bureaucrats may make exceptions to this rule, which should only happen when they deem the user's expertise/information essential.

Aye, the above seems like a good set of compromises to my gripes with the initial proposal. I approve.

I think that is likely sufficient input to apply the change in question.

So where in our Discussion Rules page should we place the following text?
  • Only staff members and regular members staff have deemed highly trustworthy may participate in Staff Discussion threads unless an explicit exception is noted.
  • Only staff members with evaluation rights can authorize regular members to participate in Staff Discussion threads. Thread Moderators and Administrators can only grant permission for a single post at a time; only Bureaucrats have the discretion to grant permission for indefinite posting rights. If a staff member determines that a regular member has misused their granted privileges, another staff member can remove them.
  • Regular members may not comment on Staff Discussion threads marked as "Restricted solely for staff members" under any circumstances, as such discussions cover sensitive wiki policy issues and other similar crucial matters that require great caution.
  • In controversial Staff Discussion threads that must avoid spam and unconstructive bickering, regular members are only allowed one highly relevant post each to prevent thread spamming/hijacking. Only Bureaucrats may make exceptions to this rule, which should only happen when they deem the user's expertise/information essential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back