• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Too "normal" characters in the wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are a site that indexes the statistics of fictional characters.

What's the need for a 10-B page whose stats are justified only as "he/she is a normal human"?

All those pages are going to be the same, except names, and at most intelligence

Kaltias said:
We are a site that indexes the statistics of fictional characters.
What's the need for a 10-B page whose stats are justified only as "he/she is a normal human"?

All those pages are going to be the same, except names, and at most intelligence
Then we can just make a list for those characters that fall in such criteria, so at least we can index them in some way if that´s the problem.

@My area

While not completly untrue, the wiki itself is still a indexing site primarly and a debating site secondly. Small nitpick i know.

@Bobsican

Look, i talked about common sense already. This is a wiki with profiles like Superman, Goku, Nardo, Gundams, Super eldritch space gundams and all that jazz. This wiki naturally features more down to earth stuff like action movies and co too. But you will see a pattern: All those profile features combat feats, paranormal abilitys, unusual/usual weapon styles etc. Everything that can be evaluated with combat as context. THIS is the main association that people will have with this wiki.

Someone, who ignores that association intentionaly, would create a profile for "normal" people with zero combat orientated points ill intentions, as it goes against everything the wiki does (See association). You woudnt donate sex toys for children in need right?

Someone who does that uninentionaly would ignore the entire front page, something that is hard to imagine to be honest, considering what icons our media section features.

Tl:dr Youre asked to wear conservative cloths in the church, they dont need to write down what youre supposed to NOT wear, even thought its not always a strict rule. So we dont need such a rule either.

But there is absolutely no point?

If someone comes here, it's because they want to see how strong a character is.

Stuff like "hey, Striker Eureka's self destruction is a lot stronger than the movie said".

No one comes here to be told that normal humans are as strong as normal humans

Kaltias said:
No one comes here to be told that normal humans are as strong as normal humans
I actually did back then, only to find there are no profiles of those to begin with.

Dude, come on.

It's obvious that "regular human with no feats whatsoever" = 10-B.

It's literally the definition

That may be obvious for someone that has been able to see the characters themselves in action, but for those unaware like me, it´s worth to check around sometimes.

It has more advantages than disadvantages overall the act of them being allowed in the site.

Except that it leads to dozens of completely pointless profiles.

It's like me making a profile for my neighbor

I know that humans are "normally" tier 10, but with all the different ways fiction has depicted such things, I no longer see the difference in here.

Its complely useless and making no sense at all,its just like including Farmer with a shot gun or animals from Sonic which obviously has no combat significance

Dudes outside tier 10 are made all the time though, but we're not doing it for every random person who has nothing to do with the idea behind this site.

Hell, Batma is in theory 9-C as a "peak human" except he's actually stronger than tanks. Stuff like that is fine, but 10-B random dude from like Pride and Prejudice or some shit is not.

My area said:
Its complely useless and making no sense at all,its just like including Farmer with a shot gun or animals from Sonic which obviously has no combat significance
Farmer with a shotgun has Weapon Mastery at least.

The animals of Sonic actually have a game with feats that nobody bothers to play.

Anyways, if the issue is that they clog pages into featless characters, then I guess it´s fine to be denied.

Having a shotgun =/= master of shooting. He's not getting a file even if he does break tier 10 because by that logic random cops in comics get profiles which isn't needed.

Then make profiles off their actual feats, if they have a game where they have combat feats.

Like using a shot gun?Nothing special as his main essence is still normal human level with nothing special

Those same animals who are routinely captured by Eggman?

My area said:
Those same animals who are routinely captured by Eggman?
Apparently, yes.

Anyways, after finding out the issue is that they are simply featless, then I guess it´s fine.

This thread may be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back