• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tohru is not a wild beast (as in the same sense as wild animals in OP), is highly intelligent and has the same willpower as your everyday action protagonist. So no, it most likely won't work on her.

Also Tohru has flight that is much more natural and manoeuvrable than most of the participants in the war. Shockwaves in the air generally weaken the further from the source they go. So flying out of range for WB's quakes is not out of the question.

Furthermore the gap is 2x, which can be narrowed by Tohru strengthening herself with magic, though I won't discredit WB doing the same with haki. Nevertheless it's not a one-shot worthy gap and Tohru can also conveniently regenerate

Speed Equalized on both lower and higher ends means that's WB could easily move out of the range of whatever portal she opens up.

Can he say the same to city-wide breath attacks?

It works on humans all the time, see Shanks and Luffy use it. She'd be affected.

WB's AOE range with air quakes is several hundred meters, and they don't lose force, don't know what you're going off about.

Narrowed, sure. Doesn't change how WB resists most of her ranged attacks, and when close can pummel her in skill.

City-Wide beneath portals?

Anything else wouldn't convince me.

Jeez, chill Schmuck. I get that seeing your favourite characters having some difficulty can be distressing but not to the point of profanity

Arrogant, cut out the attitude or I'll close this and report you. There is no reason to be getting so heated.

Dargoo Faust said:
There is no reason to be getting so heated.
You are making assumptions about a character I like when you don't know anything about them. That's about the most sure-fire way to get me heated when it comes to this site.

Arrogant Schmuck said:
You are making assumptions about a character I like when you don't know anything about them. That's about the most sure-fire way to get me heated when it comes to this site.
If someone making assumptions about a fictional character on a wiki that's made for fun is making you too heated to control your language and be respectful towards others, I suggest you take a break and relax.

WB actually has feats of overwhelming the same ability used on hardened sailors, who should logically have a tougher to penetrate mental fortitude than a maid, dragon or not. I fail to see how that is at all offensive.

Wokistan said:
WB actually has feats of overwhelming the same ability used on hardened sailors, who should logically have a tougher to penetrate mental fortitude than a maid, dragon or not.
A maid with centuries if not millennia of combat experience who's only been a maid for two years at this point in the series. Just because she's a maid doesn't mean she has weak mental fortitude.

Stop assuming these things.

Arrogant Schmuck said:
Can you pls look at what the verse Tohru's from is called?
One peice happens to have Zoan Fruit users who fit the MO of the verse you're describing here.

Not that it has anything to do with species though; that's like saying mindhax wouldn't work against living, sentient beings that aren't human.

Experience/Skill doesn't give you any mental resistances.

And I'm not saying she gets KO'ed. I'm saying it's a bit much to assume it wouldn't affect her in some way.

Arrogant Schmuck said:
And I'm saying it's a bit much to assume it would affect her based on how little you actually know about her.
That's not an argument.

Try disproving some of the things I'm saying.

Ok, what exactly makes you think she's mentally weak? You are saying she'd be affected but as far as I know your basis for that is nothing.

>I think she's mentally weak

That's not what I said.

Only claimed she would be less than Whitebeard, who has no-selled people with Haki strong enough to make entire crowds pass out.

As I said, experience does not equate to mental resistances.

Wokistan said:
Millenia fighting humanity is actually a decent showing in that regard though.
Also fighting other dragons who are second only to gods in her world. In fact she even had the confidence to try fighting the gods, albeit she got one-shot as soon as she did.

Depending on how much of the thousands of years were spent actively fighting, I'd be inclined to say it wouldn't work that well. Thousands of years war takes quite a lot of mental fortitude.

Confidence is not equal to willpower.

Let's just look at what her profile says:

Tohru has battled generations of humans and can effectively use her powers for a vast variety of purposes. However, outside of battle she has to learn everything by experience, though she is noted to be quite quick a learner.

She seems to have an intelligence that is limited really to combat, that and we're talking about a willpower equivalent to thousands of people.

Again, I don't think Whitebeard can knock her out. Your arguments are convincing, really. It's just that she'd at least be disoriented.

Willpower that induces a KO.

Messed up with my wording when I mentioned mental resistances, lol.

Votes:

WB: 4 (Dargoo, Dragon, Gargoyle, Standuser)

Tohru: 2 (Graf, Velox)

@Wok are you making a vote, or waiting for more arguments?

Also, I looked at all the portal scans that were linked here; none of them are large enough to fit even Whitebeard's feet.

It takes a lot of willpower to surpass Whitebeard's. The guy managed to fight 2 Admirals while being gunned down by thousands of marines.

Cool, that would work.

Given the speed though (high end or low end on equalization), WB could escape it in microseconds, paired with his limited precog.

Heck, if he was just moving forward to meet her in battle, he'd be halfway to her location before the portal even gets to half that radius.

Dargoo Faust said:
Given the speed though (high end or low end on equalization)
Speed of what? The portal opening? Because it's not slow.

And she could always open it in front of her. Or fly away from him and do so while he gives chase.

What counter does he have for memory manipulation?

Not Slow Ôëá Fast enough to catch a Hypersonic - High Hypersonic character with precog

>open it in front of her

Precog. Plus I don't remember her using it like that in combat.

How does her memory manip work?

Alright, looked it over.

She was restraining someone much weaker than her in a non-combat situation before that happened. Has she used it in open combat?

Whitebeard FRA, assuming the memory manip doesn't turn things around.

WB: 5 (Dargoo, Dragon, Gargoyle, Standuser, Agnaa)

She hasn't.

She also has forcefields, perception manipulation, teleportation, she can escape to her world and have her follow him and leave him there, she can enhance her strength with magic, she's also not at all a slouch in hand-to-hand so there's that as well.

If you still think she loses with all that then that's just great. I spent over a week reading and calcing for these revisions just for them to get jobbed in every match. Hell, the god-tier even lost to someone exponentially weaker than her.

sense the presense of others over long distancesand have the capacity to sense and empathize with a focused target's emotions, intentions, and personality

Masking sight/smell/sound is useless when observation Haki works off of sensing emotions.

WB would just break through any forcefields, unless she has some that are higher in dura than his AP. If they are, proof.

She would have to teleport out of her own range to be out of range of WB's air and earthquakes.

Doubt the Strength Amp can cover a 2x gap. If it does, proof.

WB doesn't need to hand-to-hand her; just punching near her would cause her to take severe damage. A good punch to or near the head is a very dead Dragon.

Yes, she still loses with all that.

I spent over a week reading and calcing for these revisions just for them to get jobbed in every match.

If you're making VS Threads only so that your favorite characters win, you will be sorely dissapointed in many cases. I spent a week finding feats and clacing Paranatural. Richard Spender is one of my favorite characters, and he's lost or incon'd every match I put him in. I don't get angry about it when I make the thread.

WB: 6 (Dargoo, Dragon, Gargoyle, Standuser, Agnaa, Ed)

Dargoo Faust said:
I don't get angry about it when I make the thread.
Well congratulations you're way more mature than me. I'm pretty passionate about the series I enjoy, especially those I've dedicated so much time to researching. So to have someone who knows absolutely zilch say "she loses with little difficulty" doesn't sit well with me. Also today's just been a stressful in general and obviously that came out here. I apologize, for what it's worth.

As of right now, siding with Whitebeard against my better judgement (typically try to avoid these threads but eh). Precog seems to be a big obstacle for Tohru to overcome.

Arrogant Schmuck said:
So to have someone who knows absolutely zilch say "she loses with little difficulty" doesn't sit well with me. Also today's just been a stressful in general and obviously that came out here. I apologize, for what it's worth.
If it means anything, I was presumtuous saying WB would win with ease.

Clearly the debate spells out that this would be a long and strenuous fight for the pirate.

Apology accepted, and I hope things get better IRL. I'll admit I've been caught up in debate too, and I put more energy than what it's worth when debating sometimes. So I completely understand where you're coming from.

Grace begins.

WB: 7 (Dargoo, Dragon, Gargoyle, Standuser, Agnaa, Ed, Bambu)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back