• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toaru Majutsu no Index Discussion Thread 7

Also, shouldn't everyone who scales above Aleister have his 10 nanoseconds reaction? The Nerfed MG, Accel, basically every 5B.

The nerfed MGs don't have any speed feats afaik, so adding 10 Nanosecs reaction to them should be good, Coronzon and Accel himself, not his shield, should also have it for being equal or above Aleister in the scaling chain.

Also, since we did it to espers, we should add limited causality to all magicians, because this is how they do magic.

Malox1696 said:
no magician use idol theory

which is basically summoning
NT22 says magic distorts causality to bring the desired effects, which is limited causality manipulation, the same way all espers have Prob and RW hax.

no i mean magic in general is reality warping not index specifically see The ability to allow manipulating aspects of reality (or all of them), bypassing the known laws of physics.

The first volume of GT has been fully translated. JS06 really outdid themselves this time! Only a week!

It looks like this time we'll probably only need a short CRT since it looks like there was nothing new where etablished characters were concerned. Unless I missed something. I think the only thing is if someone wanted to add a profile for Maidono.

JBennett said:
Casuality.
"The blonde woman with absurdly long hair actually laughed.

"So my own creations turn on me in the very end."

She made it sound like this would not have happened if she had not made them, but you must not forget. Magic is a technique of distorting the world's causality for your own purposes. It does not only produce the obvious phenomena right in front of you. It is a dangerous technique that will follow an unexpected path to later cause an unexpected change without the magic user even knowing about it."

And

"If she unleashed another Magick: Flaming_Sword from point-blank range now, it was all over. Kamijou Touma had nothing to defend himself with, so the rest of his body would be reduced to mincemeat.

However.

Magic was a technique of distorting the world's causality for your own purposes. Its sparks and spray would eventually find their way back to influence the magic user in unexpected ways. An action taken to achieve a certain goal could end up crushing that very some goal in some hidden way."

Personally I'm conflicted on this, sure it does say it twice with the add mention on the magic backfireing but I'm not sure if this is the concept when using magic without an 'Idol' or a concept with an 'Idol'.

I vagualy remembered it mentioning that without a stable image the Magic wouldn't work the way the user intended so I'm curious if this has something to do with that. and concidering that Magicians using Idol Theory shows to have stable control over their magic make me wonder the context of the statment, even Corozon has show stable control.

So from what I gathered from rereading different volumes, the ' distorting the world's causality' is rooted from the effect when Phases colide or make contact, the Sparks and Sprays and somehow Magic also produces these effects. while it has been a while since I've read the earlier volumes I dont remember seeing the effect from Magicians.

My guess is that Magician or Magic users at higher level like Alester and Corozon can produce these effects due to how powerful their magic is compared to most magician that simply produces an effect. If this is the case then it makes sence since normal Magician uses Idol Theor and from the look of it Aleister and Corozon don't so them producing the effects would be possible since the colision of Phases would natrualy not be base on any ledgend.

Is their any instances of Magic producing any unexplanable effect within earlier Volumes?

Not that i remember, but maybe this should apply to Fiamma more than to other magicians. Because:

"Just then, Baby Lilith moved her small hand to draw a circle in the air.

But that made no sense.

Given the comparative speeds, it was too late to move your hand after Magick: Flaming_Sword had already been released. Nevertheless, it worked.

Consistency fell apart. Causality was ignored.

In other words, it was a miracle."

Considering that both Magic and Miracles are described as things that distort Causality, and Fiamma uses both things, maybe it is the way HR worked all that time, but being explained 22 volumes after his defeat.

The Miracles created by Lilith seem to be of a different compared to Magic created by magicians. It's clear that Lilith is at a level that is different to normal humans so her ability would work different from Magicians.

Fiamma's Miracles are based on the miracles from the bible while Lilith's are effects that are impossible to produced and by the looks of it Lilith is the only person who can distort casuality without suffering the backlash, unless we count her vessal degradding as the backlash but I think that's more due to how fragile her vesal is.

@sclk we will, were are just doing some intitial discusion to see if we can find some evidence to support the statment.

Yeah, but again, i refuse to do another CRT. Also, Malox said one time Fiamma could interact with Angels true form, and thus should have NPI, do any of you have the quotes that have this? And also the quotes that gave him limited Phase hax

Idk, i can't really choose one. Izzard, Ouma, Fiamma and Terra were trying to save someone, Coronzon was protecting existence, Accel just wanted to be alone in the top, Aleister wanted justice and vengeance, all of them would be good protagonists if the roles are reversed, and Touma would be the villain breaking their hopes. Man, Kamachi is a f*****ng genius.

Malox1696 said:
so guys what did i tell u, i gotta my sources, accel is on pause for now
Where does it say that Accelerator is on pause? I didn't see it anywhere. Also you didn't tell us anything.

XDragnoir said:
Idk, i can't really choose one. Izzard, Ouma, Fiamma and Terra were trying to save someone, Coronzon was protecting existence, Accel just wanted to be alone in the top, Aleister wanted justice and vengeance, all of them would be good protagonists if the roles are reversed, and Touma would be the villain breaking their hopes. Man, Kamachi is a f*****ng genius.
I mean...no matter how you spin it, Accelerator killed 10,000 people.

Yeah, i'm not denying it, he killed them with the purpose of becoming stronger, because then no one would challenge him again and he would be left alone.

Actually the reason why he decided to do the project in the first place was to protect others from himself. He thought that if he got so powerful no one would challenge him and therefore no one would be be hurt by him. That was the main reason he joined the project.

I guess he's doing that right now with operation handcuffs. But, I guess that the thing with the antagonists is that they have the "break a few eggs to make an omelette" mentality

Btw, why Othinus don't has H1C hax in her third key? She created Gungnir after being hit Turn Into a Fairy and having all the Endless Possibilities turned to 100% Failure.

Back