• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toaru Majutsu no Index Discussion Thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normal Kakine, he did get a couple of hits in, actually damaging Accelerator, but then Accelerator revealed he had enough power and concentration to spare to both figure out Dark Matter and keep all innocent civilians in the area safe with his powers while he was fighting Kakine. Once he figured out Dark Matter Accelerator ended the fight in an instant.

I hope we see post revival.

Even though that was basically Kakine just patiently waiting for Accel's battery to run out as Accel failed to do anything of note to him

It bit his ass not trying to finish Accelerator and Mugino quicker, but from his point of view he was right about taking the easy lazy way to do it and tire them out first.

They would eventually reach their limit, they would eventually find themselves cornered, and they would eventually lose their lives.

He simply didn't count on Beetle 05 saving the day with a little help from Takitsubo and Fremea.

Today's episode had some questionable design decisions. Like, why is accels stuff black?

That aside, the pacing of mugino vs hamazura was ok, but when it came to the end of Accels and Kakine's battle the emotion that was supposed to be there was lacking.

Kakine also didn't (noticeably) awaken and it was way too much left off him after the battle...

Mugino vs Hamazura was good. Also... Frenda's dead upper body was way more intact than in the novel. Meltdowner noise sounds like windows pinball sound effects, tbh. At least we got good showings of its matter destruction effects.

Accel vs Kakine was... Terrible. They cut out a lot of the scenes and the animation was too damn bright, specially Kakine's wings. Black wings look like they were made on paint tool sai. The whole tension of "Good villain vs Trash villain"/clash of Acclerator's and Kakine's ideals was basically non-existent, which removed a lot of the emotion of the fight.

first of all the "awakaning" was a misstranslation, and the stuff is balck to not make it a cluster **** of white attacks for both

the only thing they cut was the ATM and they censored jobine sbatted with his own wings and he becoming paste

but hama vs mugino got a lot of cuts

I am just tired of complaining at this point. The Accel vs Kakine fight had some dope animation but otherwise it was horrible

I am dropping this.

Some weird choices in this episodes, as others have already said. Hanzou getting cut from the anime is not surprising (though it also removes Takitsubou worrying over Hamazura's injuries from the beatdown), and some of the other stuff like toning down injuries during fights, rushing Saiai's parts or skipping the mention of the Dark May Project and why Measure Heart doesn't help Kakine against Accelerator are understandable and expected. But skipping the small furnace moment with Takitsubou and changing the moment with her saving Hamazura from Kakine, which is what drives him to try and save her and becomes the key part of his character? Having her get him to safety and then him still deciding to come back to try and save her despite already being safe is much more effective in my opinion than the half-hearted attempt she does in the anime.

Hamazura vs Mugino was a bit rushed and simplified, they skipped the whole first part where he is trying to evade her in the building and hide from her as she is hunting him down while the two talk. Mugino didn't even explode her own arm off, wonder if that means they aren't even going to have her with the Meltdowner arm later... Accelerator and Kakine had good animation for what the rest of the arc has been, but the fight was also a bit simplified and didn't have the same impact as the novel version. The less said about the wimpy anime version of Accelerator's beatdown of Kakine, the better.

This is nitpicking, but the decision of making Accelerator's wind attacks and the supersonic shockwave from the rock he kicks black with purple outlines is stupid IMO. The black and white contrast between him and Kakine is already achieved by his black wings and we've already seen him using wind in previous seasons, but then again JCStaff is also changing the sound effects of powers in this season, and they also are the ones who made up a new the color for Meltdowner beams despite written descriptions and drawn examples of the power and the ones who screwed up the depiction of lasers in Heavy Object for no apparent reason.

They really should have just adapted volumes 14-19 for Season III and leave World War 3 for a possible fourth season, even if we never got one. So far we have an okay arc with a couple of 'meh' moments and a really 'meh' arc with one good fight scene. If the Acqua arc doesn't improve things I'll probably drop this.

I just don't understand why. Why butcher the main story with 2 cours anime and make Acel spin off anime that no one asked for? They don't even need to do the WW3 they could have just do vol 14-19 and everyone would been happy and the fact they made Accel anime suggest that they were more than ready to make 4th season to cover the WW3 arc.

Sometimes I think the people who work on this lack common sense tbh.

I supppose it's possible they were told they could only do one more Index season, I've heard that they had to fight to get two extra episodes. I'm glad that they are at least trying to adapt all the novels (except SS2. but come on, there was no way they would do it) instead of some of the ideas they apparently discussed, like skipping Battle Royale and DRAGON, the two Accelerator/Hamazura volumes. How they were expecting this idea work with anime-onlies when they reached WWIII is a total mistery to me. Still, 9 volumes in 26 episodes, especially Kamachi volumes which pack a lot of exposition and worldbuilding into the story? A rushed adaptation was inevitable, even if it had better animation in general. Battle Royale was specially doomed since the original story was already fast-paced.

I'm so disappointed and more importantly wiped out, I am so disappointed that I can't even muster the strength to be disappointed. Poor poor Hanzou, I actually liked the ninjas.

For what it is, I don't think it's nearly as bad as what ive been reading.

For the most part I have the same opinion as everyone else who has already commented about art directions, so not going over all that again.

They kept Fre/nda and did that fairly well I think. Guys don't forget this is the tv airing. the Blurays will help make it look a bit better.

That being said it would of been so more impactful if we actually saw and felt the impact from Black wings Accelerators beatdown. compared to the LN (Hate to be that guy) it's so lackluster, and honestly surprising. I mean, what are they going to do for Dark matter Kakine? the reason he has that body is because he lost his original one and all he got was a beating. He was lucky to have his brain after that.

I think the anime onlys would of enjoyed the arc and fight though.

I personally think they will do a index season 4. J.C is clearly interested in pushing foward with it as a cashcow considering the spinoff animes. They just seem to want to get to NT as fast as possible which was hinted at with the interview from awhile ago.

It's not a complete disaster, the Fren/da scene was great as you said, and they wouldn't have been able to get away with anything more due to censorship. Mugino's seiyuu also did a perfect job. But they did tone down her crazyness a bit, IIRC she actually starts foaming at the mouth when she blows up her own arm and starts ranting at Hamazura about how he's inferior to her instead of killing him immediately. Kind of sucks, since that's the whole reason he wins that fight.The fight between Accelerator and Kakine, barring the visual choice on Accelerator's attacks, was also good.

This was still the best episode of this arc. It's just that Battle Royale was a fan-favorite arc, so of course the lame animation moments and rushed scenes will hurt more than in Terra's arc.

Which stats/feats does Qliphah Puzzle 545 have?

Surviving the A.A.A crashing into it at Mach 2.5 for durability, I guess. Anyone an idea how heavy it is? Several tons was said, so at least 2 tons, I guess. Maybe more in the direction of 4, since the ammunition fired alone was supposed to weigh several tons...

She doesn't really have other feats I can remember. She didn't really fight Aleister, more like try to break her mind, and her idea to finish her off was using the people she was controlling, implying she doesn't have much in the way of direct figthing strength. Which makes sense, since her focus is possession and manipulating the negative emotions of others.

Corozon traveled the World Rejector to the Earth. Is likely MFTL+

> Not even Kamijou could tell what each of them meant. Regardless, the silver girl moved the four tools on top of the coffin lid. It was reminiscent of the game in which you placed three paper cups upside down, put a die or coin in one of them, and then shuffled them around.

"It's been so long."

Finally, Aleister spoke while kneeling in front of the coffin.

She had stopped moving her hands.

"So very long."

There was one person who would not accept that.

They were outside the atmosphere on a ballistic trajectory at an altitude of 3,500 kilometers.

"Indeed it has been long."

That twisted being floated there with two bat-like wings. She stared down at the northern end of Great Britain.

There was still time.

If you assumed it was over with Samuel Liddell MacGregor Mathers.

"It has been far too long, Aleisterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!"

Her path clearly changed.

Great Demon Coronzon dropped toward Edinburgh Castle with the force of a meteor.

She fell.

She fell and pierced the surface.

If it did not burn up in the atmosphere, a human-sized mass was more than enough of a weapon. If it crashed into the ground like that, it could erase something the size of Edinburgh Castle from the map.

Light and noise exploded out.

The air was compressed into a solid wall that scattered in every direction like a shockwave.

It was Mikoto's A.A.A. that stepped forward, not Kamijou's Imagine Breaker. Its giant wings spread out like steel shields and protected the flesh-and-blood humans.

And.

And.

And.

"Wha-?"

"Is it really that shocking, Coronzon?"

Travelling 3500 km fast isn't even remotely MFTL+.

It's fairly impressive, but without a timeframe won't result in much alone. I mean Coronzon has flown the windowless building around at Relativistic speeds before, maybe one could take it is supportive evidence...

Probably should do some debateable speed feat discussion soon. (Though I still have not finished entering the results of the NT 21 updates thread...)

No, no, Choronzon traveling from World Rejector's Earth to the true Earth in off panel, the quote indicates that it came from space.

Im read from a friend this:

"The man who names himself the Silver Star seems to have been attempting to directly tamper with the 'pure world' beyond all the filters…that is, the world of science that is unaffected by religion. …Honestly, you are quite fortunate to see this. Not even the Golden cabal of Europe that dreamed in Tibet was able to reach this point."

"Aleister had always used the term 'scientific' in a positive way. He would say anything, be it spiritual or physical, was scientific as long as it was beautifully ordered and could be explained causally."
Othinus was a big deal herself for continuing to speak with no change of tone with all this going on.
"And the peak of that theory was Aiwass. That name doesn't come from anywhere. It doesn't belong to any religious category. …And this world is formed from the multiple magic side phases that have been placed on top of the physical laws." She put her hands on her hips and looked to the mountain devilishness. "Aiwass is the angel of the bottommost layer…that is, of the world of pure physical laws. That is why he is Aleister's greatest treasure. If he establishes a means of controlling Aiwass and uses that tremendous power to destroy all of the filters other than Aiwass, only a magicless world will remain."

Aleiste plan to eradicate the Magim from the Multiverse, and this:

"An aerial support…Big Bang Bomb!!!???"
This was only targeted at the Mimetic Predators crawling around the area. And they had the misfortune to be biologically based instead of being inorganic weapons. They too could "picture" the weapon, so it was drawn with hopeless detail in the back of their minds. There was an explosion that only they could sense.

That 10-44 seconds may have been more valuable than an eternity.

Cold rain continued to pour down on the late night parking lot. Physically, not a single leaf floating in a puddle was harmed and not a drop of water was evaporated, but hundreds, thousands, or tens of thousands of organism weapons were blown into the air, swept away, vaporized, and thoroughly contaminated to the last cell. This was not just on a planetary scale. This blew away the entire "world" including every last galaxy and nebula. For those chosen as a target, there was no escape. The meaning of what was "possible" was cruelly distorted. This far exceeded a neutron bomb or pure fusion bomb and added a much-too-evil attack to human history.

"How naive."

But Aleister whispered.

That severe human had more to say.

"Blasting Rod. In other words, that power will be multiplied tenfold from my opponent's point of view."

She finally exceeded the limits of the existing universe.

This had originally been a secret technique meant to take on every last Magic God at once. Even if the one taking the damage had a limit to their imagination, her enemy's mind would be mercilessly blown away by enough energy to create the universe ten times over.

True?

You realize Coronzon returned to regular Earth at the end of NT19, and that the quote you posted is from NT21, when Coronzon flies from regular AC to the atmosphere and then to Edinburgh Castle, right?

Should Chorozon arriving on earth ..., from another world/Universe/Multiverse, traveling via flight , are not you skipping the context of the scene? but mhe, Immeasurable should have normaly for my :p

Finally saw the episode. Better pacing this time, and most of what they cut were small details, so it's an inprovement. It's a shame they cut the prologue, I guess we don't get Gandalf Pope character development.

That explain actually how he has the energy to write for 15 years without stopping. He's much younger than I thought.
46520240 2304722956266709 6043335528856682496 o

Gotta say things got a lot better since Battle Royale arc.

Hope they can keep it up.

Btw. should we make a new discussion thread? This one might be getting a bit long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back