• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toaru Discussion thread New Fourms #1

Isn't Kabbalah alone enough to get Toaru to outer? Just wondering.
Not really, no. The mere virtue of Kabbalah being used in Toaru isn't going to be enough to grant it any tier tbh, let alone 1-A. Every work of fiction has its own way of portraying a certain idea, so you can't give one series a certain tier just because it uses a concept that some other verse (or real life, for that matter) portrayed a certain way. It's the same reason a verse like the Archieverse isn't tier 0 despite making use beings from the Cthulhu Mythos.

Last edited:
Yep, it won't anytime soon huh. I thought Toaru got enough contexts to at least get to outer, why are we still stucking here? Isn't Kabbalah alone enough to get Toaru to outer? Just wondering.

And where is CRC's profile? Is he too vague to be added or something?
In fact, you can output Kabbalah ToAru to the Outerversal level. On another wiki, where I scale, toaru already has 1-S+

In fact, you can output Kabbalah ToAru to the Outerversal level. On another wiki, where I scale, toaru already has 1-S+
I have no idea how things work in that other wiki, but if you wish to, you can just make a CRT and try to upgrade Toaru to 1A or whichever tier would be equivalent to the 1-S+ tier of this other wiki.

Indeed, if you could link to relevant pages and threads of this other wiki regarding its standards and how Toaru got to 1-S+ I would like to help.

Yeah, phase scaling is some s*it. You can contact BlazeIsbot, it also scales the phases normally, or treewood, its scaling is completely tied to Kabbalah and the phases (i love this shizo) already have broken stats (if you want this scan, I can leave a link to the discord, if it is allowed of course)
Which wiki? Csap? Toaru has H1A on csap anyways (via Touma). Anyways, I still believe that a Phase is baseline Outer.

I have no idea how things work in that other wiki, but if you wish to, you can just make a CRT and try to upgrade Toaru to 1A or whichever tier would be equivalent to the 1-S+ tier of this other wiki.

Indeed, if you could link to relevant pages and threads of this other wiki regarding its standards and how Toaru got to 1-S+ I would like to help.
I don't have time to argue, but Kabbalah and Ein Sof scale very well there, and this puts toaru in 1-S, I can put it even higher using the their Tiering System, because the toaru wiki is outdated there

it's enough, and it's in low-balled
What? I was talking about the Csap profile, I have no clue about the russian profiles.

This is the justification for Dragon King being H1A in csap:

"Dragon Lord was easily able to pass through the CRC Clouds, which protect him from any attacks, and is based on Schrodinger's cats"

I have no idea how's that a H1A justification in any wiki, but here that definitely isn't enough.

As for the russian wiki, I have 0 knowledge of russian, so It would be nice if you could go in detail how Toaru got to 1-S+ there.

Can we assume that Accelerator can absorb Milky Way's energy just like what he did to Earth?
No, he never did anything even close to that as far as we can prove.

Apophatic theology scaled pretty high recently before it was removed as a valid scaling method.

But yes, we have very few scans for Ain

Based on what exactly, tho?
I remember that one scan about Curtana being able to attack a being from a different Phases (Aiwass to be exact). But then I remember something, never once has it stated to be able to damage Phases directly, only "the barrier between worlds", because you know, Dainsleif is the one that can cut Phases, not Curtana, and you all know what Curtana is all about, High Hyperversal if given enough feats, if then, Curtana not being able to damage even the pure world but only Aiwass (since nothing can prove that it can even damage the pure world), means that the Pure world is above high hyper. And as I remember, Phases do stacks right?

And with the Kabbalah and all other stuff, we can just get Toaru extremely high, bare minimum outer, if Phases can be stacked to infinity then it could even get higher than high outer, but for now it's just a possibility.

Well, I don't know if I'm just having a severe case of the Mandela effect and is unconsciously trying to wank Toaru, but please let me know if there's a problem with this.

Last edited:
Apophatic theology scaled pretty high recently before it was removed as a valid scaling method.

But yes, we have very few scans for Ain
CRC draws energy directly from Ein Sof Aur, and even Dragon Lord could not erase it from the world (which, as stated by the plot, became the strongest in toaru)
He is also transcendent to the Tree and, as indicated by Coronzon in NT22, even the destruction of the tree and all that exists will not scratch it.

High Hyperversal if given enough feats, if then, Curtana not being able to damage even the pure world but only Aiwass (since nothing can prove that it can even damage the pure world), means that the Pure world is above high hyper. And as I remember, Phases do stacks right?
Toaru isn't high hyperversal, like, what? Where are you getting that from to begin with?

Meanwhile "she can't damage the Pure World" is pure semantics, what even counts as damaging a place?

Ignoring the texts of the novel🤷
Give me a quote saying Accelerator absorbed energy from the whole universe, then.

hes referring to curtana and all dimension severing spell being able to slice through all dimensions that can be represented by whole numbers
Which has been brought up before and was deemed insufficient, as it doesn't give all the information that would be needed to give it 1B and much less H1B dimensions.

Which has been brought up before and was deemed insufficient, as it doesn't give all the information that would be needed to give it 1B and much less H1B dimensions.
Man, I don't think we should keep downplaying Toaru like this. Firstly, Curtana is stated to be able to cut all whole number dimensions. The reason why it's lacking information because we don't know if Toaru has infinite dimensions or not, but apparently we have 2 things that can prove it.

Firstly, you say "what even counts as damaging a place"? Easily, Magic Gods has damaged places called "Phase", Coronzon can smash the Pure World to oblivion with her Ein Sof + all Phases + the Sephiroth itself, Dainsleif literally cut Phase up to release the energy store within, BUT Curtana Can't, that's the whole point. If Curtana can do something like that then each strike would possibly cause Angel falls.

Secondly, Alice has proven that she has the capability to turn Toaru into low Outer by law and reality manip through theories, that's the thing.

So, what's the matter?

Last edited:
Man, I don't think we should keep downplaying Toaru like this.
No one is downplaying, there's simply isn't enough information, downplay would be if we had information to begin with which we don't.

Firstly, Curtana is stated to be able to cut all whole number dimensions. The reason why it's lacking information because we don't know if Toaru has infinite dimensions or not, but apparently we have 2 things that can prove it.

Firstly, you say "what even counts as damaging a place"?
How exactly a spell that cuts through Phases doesn't count as damaging it? That's why you're just arguing semantics, Curtana has to cut through the Pure World otherwise it would never hit Aiwass to begin with.

Easily, Magic Gods has damaged places called "Phase", Coronzon can smash the Pure World to oblivion with her Ein Sof + all Phases + the Sephiroth itself, Dainsleif literally cut Phase up to release the energy store within, BUT Curtana Can't, that's the whole point. If Curtana can do something like that then each strike would possibly cause Angel falls.
That's not proof of infinite dimensions and the Curtana part is wrong as I said above.

Secondly, Alice has proven that she has the capability to turn Toaru into low Outer by law and reality manip through theories, that's the thing.
I don't want any kind of spoiler about NT10 so I will ignore this for now, but unless there's an explicit statement that she can indeed add infinite dimensions, then this means absolutely nothing.

Y'all seem to ignore that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

No one is downplaying, there's simply isn't enough information, downplay would be if we had information to begin with which we don't.

How exactly a spell that cuts through Phases doesn't count as damaging it? That's why you're just arguing semantics, Curtana has to cut through the Pure World otherwise it would never hit Aiwass to begin with.

That's not proof of infinite dimensions and the Curtana part is wrong as I said above.

I don't want any kind of spoiler about NT10 so I will ignore this for now, but unless there's an explicit statement that she can indeed add infinite dimensions, then this means absolutely nothing.

Y'all seem to ignore that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
What are you talking about? It's the "Barrier between worlds" never stated to be "Phases". And if you damage a 3D being, does that make you able to somehow just rip space apart and destroy it completely? Understand now? Even if you can do that, it's simply just cause a disorder in space (like how planets affect space to create a phenomenon like gravity), not straight up destroying them like how Magic Gods can. I'll explain why.

Curtana can "cut through the barrier between worlds" and "kill a being lurking in another Phase", NEVER ever stated to be able to damage Phases. Dainsleif can cause Angel Falls and phenomenon similar by cutting Phases directly and release the energy stored within, IF CURTANA somehow can casually cut through Phases and damaging it, it could possibly cause Angel Falls PER STRIKE and people are not stupid enough to swing that thing around.

Secondly, it can pierce the barrier between worlds, but? Can it do anything else than killing Aiwass, a being on the bottom layer of the stack? A being that lives in the Pure World of science? Can it even damage the Phases above or kill the beings in the Phases above? Has it been stated anywhere? And furthermore, can it even damage "The Pure World" itself? The world that even Magic Gods can't touch?

No statement, no proof, it's just clear that Curtana can't do that, if anything, Dainsleif is the sword that can do the job, Gungnir is the spear that can do the job, not Curtana, and THAT SAME Dainsleif is being sealed within a sheath because of how dangerous it is, that same Gungnir destroyed all Phases, and Curtana isn't anything compare to those.

Another thing is, Phases contains world within itself, like Heaven, the Hidden World, Hell in GT11 maybe? But you get the point, if Curtana scales to anything, it only scales to the worlds, not Phases as Phases contains them. And if anything, because of the lack of statement, it doesn't downscale Toaru, it's downscaling Curtana to the "Beings in the Pure world", and upgrading Toaru further.

Last edited:
So, to Sum it up:

Curtana: "cut through the barrier between worlds", "kill a being lurking in a different Phase" and "Aiwass at the bottommost layer of the world, which is the pure world of science"

Phases: Contains energy stored within them, sometimes lifeforms, they do stack, and they shape reality. There are those "Barriers between worlds" that separate those worlds within them.

Curtana is never stated to be able to damage a Phase directly, if it could then it would cause similar effect like the Dainsleif and cause calamities to manifest through the leaking energy from the Phases.

This means, the "barrier between worlds" and the "worlds" are contained in the Phases, even if Curtana can affect those beings in different Phases, it cannot cause the energy stored within Phases to somehow leak into the world, Dainsleif can because it can cut Phases directly.

If you can somehow explain why this happens that make my takes invalid, would love to hear that.

And oh, a bunch of other things I'm still thinking about, spark and sprays from the collision of Phases, how do Phases collide? Is that because of the barrier between worlds or are they just "collide" without a barrier? But Phases do have walls as stated when Othinus's Gungnir was being explained, so is that the barrier between worlds? If so then what's different between Dainsleif cutting the Phase and Curtana cutting through the barrier between worlds? Is the Barrier between worlds and walls of the Phases the same? Or are they different? And what's holding energy in those "worlds" from leaking into the world when curtana was doing the severing? Is that because Curtana can only reach Aiwass at the bottommost layer that the energy didn't leak because she can't reach the magic Phases (though kinda contradicts the statement that it can kill a being lurking in a different Phase)? Or is that because Curtana can only sever "the barrier between worlds" but not "the walls between Phases" or "Phases themselves"?

There are a bunch of things that I'm still wondering about, but well, that's all I have to say tbh, Phases have enough to be outer already.

Last edited:
What are you talking about? It's the "Barrier between worlds" never stated to be "Phases". And if you damage a 3D being, does that make you able to somehow just rip space apart and destroy it completely? Understand now? Even if you can do that, it's simply just cause a disorder in space (like how planets affect space to create a phenomenon like gravity), not straight up destroying them like how Magic Gods can. I'll explain why.

Curtana can "cut through the barrier between worlds" and "kill a being lurking in another Phase", NEVER ever stated to be able to damage Phases.
Curtana's Dimensional Spell doesn't damage people directly, it literally targets the space first and foremost and then cuts whatever is on its path, it's not a generic energy beam or whatever you're treating it as, so it's literally impossible for Curtana to cut someone inside a Phase without cutting that Phase, that's literally how Curtana works, you're just literally arguing semantics and using a false equivalence because Curtana literally rips space to damage 3D beings (the very opposite of the example you gave for god's sake) and a strawman, because at no single point did I ever claim "she can straight up destroy them" or anything like that.

Can it even damage the Phases above or kill the beings in the Phases above? Has it been stated anywhere? And furthermore, can it even damage "The Pure World" itself? The world that even Magic Gods can't touch?
First, wtf do the other Phases have anything to do with the initial claim that Toaru is H1B?

Second, among all Phases, the Pure World is the main one, it's the entire fundamental base of the Phases, so not only do I not see a logical reason for Curtana not to be able to cut the other ones, but even if she couldn't that means absolutely nothing because she is already cutting the "best Phase", all the others are inferior to it as they're simply distortions piled on top of it. It's just a strange case of a character having "potency" but not "versatility", for example, espers can only teleport through the 11th Dimension, that's better than teleporting through the 1st to 10th but "worse" than being able to choose between all of them.

Last edited:
Curtana's Dimensional Spell doesn't damage people directly, it literally targets the space first and foremost and then cuts whatever is on its path, it's not a generic energy beam or whatever you're treating it as, so it's literally impossible for Curtana to cut someone inside a Phase without cutting that Phase, that's literally how Curtana works, you're just literally arguing semantics and using a false equivalence because Curtana literally rips space to damage 3D beings (the very opposite of the example you gave for god's sake) and a strawman, because at no single point did I ever claim "she can straight up destroy them" or anything like that.

First, wtf do the other Phases have anything to do with the initial claim that Toaru is H1B?

Second, among all Phases, the Pure World is the main one, it's the entire fundamental base of the Phases, so not only do I not see a logical reason for Curtana not to be able to cut the other ones, but even if she couldn't that means absolutely nothing because she is already cutting the "best Phase", all the others are inferior to it as they're simply distortions piled on top of it. It's just a strange case of a character having "potency" but not "versatility", for example, espers can only teleport through the 11th Dimension, that's better than teleporting through the 1st to 10th but "worse" than being able to choose between all of them.
Then explain the part about Dainsleif, if Curtana doesn't choose what to cut, it just cut, it makes no sense to how Curtana can just cut into the pure world but not Phases, and Magic Gods destroying Phases but not the Pure World, like literally Curtana doesn't choose it's target, it cut all dimensions and that has always been it's main thing.

While Dainsleif has shown that cutting a Phase can cause calamities like leaking the energy in them and cause calamities start spawning from that, if Curtana is cutting Phases mean that each strike will cause a phenomena the same as Dainsleif.

And the part about the Pure World, as I said, there are literally no reasonable explanation to why Curtana can only cut it but not Phases, while Gungnir can destroy nearly all Phases but not the Pure World if they all are at the same dimension that is the myth 11D cap. Curtana don't choose like teleporters, that explanation of yours is flawed to no end, there is nothing to prove that nor does it even prove to be logical enough.

Coronzon has explained when she was explaining the mo'althair part, that the power need to attack directly the bottommost layer to destroy every other thing, the Pure World when destroyed will cause the stack to fall apart. That has proven that the stack works as a real life stack, people from the top layers can't reach the bottommost layer, while the people at the bottommost layer can't quite reach the upper layer without them first getting up there first. That is true for Coronzon but she can freely move in-between so that's not a matter to her. Curtana at the base world can target the Pure World simply because it can specifically target dimensions itself and the Pure World is the world of science, at the bottommost of the stack and indeed spatial dimensions are scientific, if it works like a Phase, I'd say that Curtana only hit the world contain by the Pure World, read my comment before your comment, answer those questions and you can prove this point of mine invalid. Or if you say the Pure World work differently than Phases, then well? Doesn't change much tbh, Curtana still can't cut Phases.

If you can't disprove my point, or make it invalid, then Toaru is at least Outer, and could be outer+ to high outer due to the fact that Magic Gods aren't even at Keter and they can't ascend beyond the Sephiroth without maybe the Clonoth and due to the fact that it has a stacking structure and Curtana which is H1B if given enough feat for the cosmology, can only cut the bottommost layer but not Phases. That's it.

Last edited:
While Dainsleif has shown that cutting a Phase can cause calamities like leaking the energy in them and cause calamities start spawning from that, if Curtana is cutting Phases mean that each strike will cause a phenomena the same as Dainsleif.
Dainsleif is designed to manifest any Phase energy it extracts via a very confusing magic theory, while Curtana only generates dimensional debris falling down to the immediate lower dimension, and this is a very natural and unsophisticated consequence of the omnidimensional severing spell. (So the debris we see are from the 4-dimensional space of the surface world)
Heaven, Asgard, Mt. Olympus, the Pure Land, Nirai Kanai… Cutting away the homes of the gods removes the protection and blessings of those gods and thus releases the calamities being restrained by the gods. In a way, Marian is able to freely choose and wield the different “endings” told of in the world’s scriptures.
It sounded extreme, but the basic technique was not all that rare. The ceremonial grounds used in modern Western magic and the cathedrals and churches of Christianity were formed by dyeing a certain space in the colors of a single religion.
Just as a summoned angel was manifested using condensed Telesma, these rulers of the end were likely masses of the type of power stored in their respective religion or phase.
However, these were nothing more than power focused into the images of the calamites people had imagined and so they would not necessarily look exactly like those gods of death or demon kings, but the raw power that presented itself made that fact easy to forget.
Curtana was never created with these concepts in mind.
It just draws extraordinary power from Archangel Michael and uses such power to sever anything on the spell's way, so it's reasonable to assume, that, though it cuts through every phase, the havoc it wreaks is contained within said phases.

And the part about the Pure World, as I said, there are literally no reasonable explanation to why Curtana can only cut it but not Phases, while Gungnir can destroy nearly all Phases but not the Pure World if they all are at the same dimension that is the myth 11D cap. Curtana don't choose like teleporters, that explanation of yours is flawed to no end, there is nothing to prove that nor does it even prove to be logical enough.
Gungnir could've destroyed the Pure World too. The only definite exception we know of is the Hidden World.

Coronzon has explained when she was explaining the mo'althair part, that the power need to attack directly the bottommost layer to destroy every other thing, the Pure World when destroyed will cause the stack to fall apart. That has proven that the stack works as a real life stack, people from the top layers can't reach the bottommost layer, while the people at the bottommost layer can't quite reach the upper layer without them first getting up there first. That is true for Coronzon but she can freely move in-between so that's not a matter to her.
Her ceremony is irrevelant. It's Kabbalistic in nature and will destroy Malkuth and other sephirot simultaneously as it destroys the Pure World.
If Othinus had already destroyed the Pure World (that's what NT10 epilogue seems to imply), it obviously failed to erase anything metaphysical.
This is not the case with Mo Athair, it erases both the phenomenal world and higher sephirot that are metaphysical.

If you can't disprove my point, or make it invalid, then Toaru is at least Outer, and could be outer+ to high outer due to the fact that Magic Gods aren't even at Keter and they can't ascend beyond the Sephiroth without maybe the Clonoth and due to the fact that it has a stacking structure and Curtana which is H1B if given enough feat for the cosmology, can only cut the bottommost layer but not Phases. That's it.
Toaru cosmology is boundless, but it cannot get this rating here due to a simple lack of evidence.
We just don't have any solid portrayal of higher planes of existence and Kamachi is very reluctant to progress the cosmology.

He's holding back so much that he writes purposefully obscure statements and mental f*ckeries whenever magic gods are involved.
Nephthys’s tears would even wash away theworld’s sins. So if you wanted to confront her head on, you had to bring an impurity great enough to slay a god. …If such a thing existed in the surface of the Four Worlds, that is.
Above is the epitome of what I said, as he could just make it clear-cut and it'll be joever, but no, we only happen to know literally nothing meaningful from this statement. At this point, I suspect he's just catering to the Japanese fanbase and trying not to irritate those plebs that think the Four Worlds are a phase.
This world was not pure and untouched to begin with. Christian, Buddhist, Celtic, Indian,Shinto, Incan, Aztec, Greek, Roman…and Norse. The various religions have placed layer after layer of various phases over the world like thin veils or filters. There is heaven, hell,the underworld, the Pure Land, Yomi, the abyss, Mount Olympus, the fairy island, NiraiKanai, Asgard, and many others.
Then he proceeds to tell you straightforward that phases are merely human creations, from religions and legends, and evidently just parts of Olam Assiah, but also that these filters altogether can shape the material universe to whatever f you want. Because all of that is just human perception and nothing noumenal, i.e. not even real, a simple occult understanding, which means as soon as we leave Malkuth it's already outer+, but actually no because Malkuth is strong enough to curtail the power of higher beings while also being weak enough to bow down to the Magic Gods, lmao.
Alice should elevate us to L1A anyway, and Magic Gods should be on her tier too, even though clearly she is indefinitely stronger than them.
Hopefully he'll just go full occult into GT11 like he already hinted and liberate us from this misery.
Karma and Volume(Key) 11, nothing can go better together.

Dainsleif is designed to manifest any Phase energy it extracts via a very confusing magic theory, while Curtana only generates dimensional debris falling down to the immediate lower dimension, and this is a very natural and unsophisticated consequence of the omnidimensional severing spell. (So the debris we see are from the 4-dimensional space of the surface world)

It just draws extraordinary power from Archangel Michael and uses such power to sever anything on the spell's way, so it's reasonable to assume, that, though it cuts through every phase, the havoc it wreaks is contained within said phases.

Gungnir could've destroyed the Pure World too. The only definite exception we know of is the Hidden World.

Her ceremony is irrevelant. It's Kabbalistic in nature and will destroy Malkuth and other sephirot simultaneously as it destroys the Pure World.
If Othinus had already destroyed the Pure World (that's what NT10 epilogue seems to imply), it obviously failed to erase anything metaphysical.
This is not the case with Mo Athair, it erases both the phenomenal world and higher sephirot that are metaphysical.

Toaru cosmology is boundless, but it cannot get this rating here due to a simple lack of evidence.
We just don't have any solid portrayal of higher planes of existence and Kamachi is very reluctant to progress the cosmology.

He's holding back so much that he writes purposefully obscure statements and mental f*ckeries whenever magic gods are involved.

Above is the epitome of what I said, as he could just make it clear-cut and it'll be joever, but no, we only happen to know literally nothing meaningful from this statement. At this point, I suspect he's just catering to the Japanese fanbase and trying not to irritate those plebs that think the Four Worlds are a phase.

Then he proceeds to tell you straightforward that phases are merely human creations, from religions and legends, and evidently just parts of Olam Assiah, but also that these filters altogether can shape the material universe to whatever f you want. Because all of that is just human perception and nothing noumenal, i.e. not even real, a simple occult understanding, which means as soon as we leave Malkuth it's already outer+, but actually no because Malkuth is strong enough to curtail the power of higher beings while also being weak enough to bow down to the Magic Gods, lmao.
Alice should elevate us to L1A anyway, and Magic Gods should be on her tier too, even though clearly she is indefinitely stronger than them.
Hopefully he'll just go full occult into GT11 like he already hinted and liberate us from this misery.
Well, thank you for all that, I found out my flaw just when I went through the scans again, I guess I'll just wait for GT11 then, hope we're getting no know more about Hell.

Also could you list out what we're missing? I want to go through the whole 58 volumes again, well, to prepare for GT11 of course, I'm really gonna end this whole 11D cap soon, it's so irritating that the Outer/High Outer scaling is right in front of my face, but a minor inconvenience stopped that from happening, I'm so gonna summon Mahoraga to adapt to allthis. And Also, can you send me a scan about Gungnir could have destroyed the Pure World too? I don't remember that very well tbh.

Ah, I forgot, Phase do still acts like layers that stack right? like they even have distance between them (spark and spray), and I still don't understand how they even collide, is that the barrier between worlds colliding, or is that something else, why do kamachi use "barrier between worlds" and "walls of all Phases" separately? Does this mean anything? And does that stacking thing even help upscaling Toaru?

Last edited:

tbh I still believe Alice is stronger than TMGs, and Dragon Lord solos Both through statements in GT10 Chap 4

Finally finished the latest volume. Good to see the Transcendents actually somewhat live up to their hype. Here's my personal ranking of the Transcendents based on how impressive they've been (excluding Alice and Anna):

1. Vidhathri
2. Good Old Mary / Trismegistus
3. Blodeuwedd / Mut Thebes
4. Aradia
5. Bologna Succubus
6. 2nd Saga

Back