• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toaru Discussion thread New Fourms #1

Because St. should get a Touma key instead.
Also because we haven't done the GT revisions yet. They will come once I have finished writing the explanations to update Anna and compiled the necessary feats for the CRT itself.

The needs
a) a separate key
and
b) a CRT
Edit: Btw. I made the Anna Sprengel edits now, so I will get to making a CRT for the rest of the GT2/3 revisions now, which includes this one.

I thought we didn't give keys to optional/situational equips and only listed them in the equips section, no?

I thought we didn't give keys to optional/situational equips and only listed them in the equips section, no?
Case by case basis. In this case, said optional equip changes her stats all across the board. That seems like good enough of a reason to make it a key on its own... and honestly, I could see the suit becoming a standard for her in the future like the A.A.A. got for Misaka.

Are we even gonna dress why Rensa is 7-B only when she scales from Accel who is 5-B?

Toaru profiles need some serious updates

It's on the list.
I mean, that stuff should have happened when you guys decided to change Accels ratings, but now doing the CRT for GT first seems like a better idea. Like, I definitely see the GT revisions going through easier than Accelerator stuff.

And that's pretty funny, considering that Rensa received Accel's dura, despite the fact that he received buff that made this possible 15 volumes later.

Oh well. It's more the case of attacks on this scale being esoteric-only thing in Toaru. I guess Pre-Headshot could reflect purely scientific H1C (if doing anything at this level with science alone is feasible, that is).

A level 6 would be at this level, no? Anyway, there is no reason to scale PreHS and not scale Rensa, so anyway.

Btw. talking about GT revisions, are there any revisions that need to be done to existing characters due to GT 3?

I think it's just creating new character profiles, right? Frillsand #G, Carrier & Decomposer and Ladybird would be the especially notable ones, with Rakuoka Houfu, Ms. Torture Expert and Jellyfish for completeness. Or do I forget someone?

That's everyone, I think.

There wasn't a lot of stuff for existing characters. Qliphah broke through some prison metal bars with ease when she tried to attack Anna, an we have confirmation that Aiwass can turn into a small sun as an attack, so NT18 was a bit more literal than what I expected.

I added the Aiwass thing to the GT revision thread.
The Qliphah thing is probably more something for a calc.

Last edited:
Where it was said the MGs couldn't exist in the Hidden World after being affected by the Zombie's Spell? Iirc Neph, HP and Niang were talking about the logic of this spell while inside the Hidden World after being "layered", and then they simply stepped outside the HW after ending it.

Where it was said the MGs couldn't exist in the Hidden World after being affected by the Zombie's Spell? Iirc Neph, HP and Niang were talking about the logic of this spell while inside the Hidden World after being "layered", and then they simply stepped outside the HW after ending it.
It's more like aliester made the place no longer inaccessible , that was the whole point of that phase , they sealed themselves there so their power would not interact with the world, but aleister opened the door basically

It was accessible, they were still inside it before using the Layering Spell after fighting Crowley.

Even if it wasn't accessible anymore, this is like removing resistance to radioactive environments from someone because the only radioactive place in their verse isn't radioactive anymore.

It was accessible, they were still inside it before using the Layering Spell after fighting Crowley.

Even if it wasn't accessible anymore, this is like removing resistance to radioactive environments from someone because the only radioactive place in their verse isn't radioactive anymore.
No i mean the place itself lost meaning, as it was breached , obvs they could acces it even after the spell , but the space is no longer isolated

Yeah, but i am not talking about that, i am talking about this part of the MGs' profiles:

"All prior, except existing in non-existent places"

After they were nerfed via Zombie's spell they were roughly on the level of Othinus, who couldn't reach the hidden world back when it was non-existent.
Now the hidden world isn't non-existent anymore because Aleister "destroyed" it. So what's needed would be a feat that they can still access a place like the hidden world's original form after being nerfed to Othinus' level.
We don't have that.

Darkness covered the entire area.

Not only could one not see an inch in front of their face, but the darkness seemed to pass through their eyeballs and bear down on their mind.

However, the people drifting through that darkness showed no concern. They implicitly said that this was the natural state of the world or that someone had yet to whisper “let there be light”.

Direction and depth were indistinguishable in that black space, but three distinct presences existed there.

“So have we managed to finish in time, Nephthys?”

An old man’s voice spoke in the darkness. More than simply “wrinkled”, the voice was better described as “dried-up”.

The responding voice sounded like a young and bewitching beauty.

“Yes. That zombie girl is useful at times like this. Thanks to her background of actively drawing in a great number of cultures, she has an affinity for most anything.”

“But, High Priest,” cut in a girl’s voice that sounded even younger and also childish. “Miss Zombie’s theory is essentially the same as holding up opposing mirrors, right? By splitting up our power infinitely, we can intentionally weaken ourselves and avoid destroying the world whenever we move an arm or leg.”

They are talking about how Zombie has already finished her spell while still in the Hidden World. If you are talking about "But can the MGs go back to it?" it wouldn't really affect their ability to exist inside it, quoting my own example:

And when it was said the HW wasn't a non-existent place anymore? As Malox said, Aleister destroyed the meaning of the HW, he did change it's properties, it was still described as a heavy darkness without directionality.

Does anybody else feel we should decide whether or not Toaru profiles for Japanese characters follow Western or Eastern name order and then make them all consistent in that regard?

Well, yeah, finding each Kihara is a pain, and there are a few with the eastern name order, there was a revision about that several months ago iirc, but i don't know what was agreed there.

Darkness covered the entire area.

Not only could one not see an inch in front of their face, but the darkness seemed to pass through their eyeballs and bear down on their mind.

However, the people drifting through that darkness showed no concern. They implicitly said that this was the natural state of the world or that someone had yet to whisper “let there be light”.

Direction and depth were indistinguishable in that black space, but three distinct presences existed there.

“So have we managed to finish in time, Nephthys?”

An old man’s voice spoke in the darkness. More than simply “wrinkled”, the voice was better described as “dried-up”.

The responding voice sounded like a young and bewitching beauty.

“Yes. That zombie girl is useful at times like this. Thanks to her background of actively drawing in a great number of cultures, she has an affinity for most anything.”

“But, High Priest,” cut in a girl’s voice that sounded even younger and also childish. “Miss Zombie’s theory is essentially the same as holding up opposing mirrors, right? By splitting up our power infinitely, we can intentionally weaken ourselves and avoid destroying the world whenever we move an arm or leg.”

They are talking about how Zombie has already finished her spell while still in the Hidden World. If you are talking about "But can the MGs go back to it?" it wouldn't really affect their ability to exist inside it, quoting my own example:

And when it was said the HW wasn't a non-existent place anymore? As Malox said, Aleister destroyed the meaning of the HW, he did change it's properties, it was still described as a heavy darkness without directionality.
I guess, maybe. Do a CRT on it.
Although I don't think the darkness is the hidden world.
“Honestly, why did Aleister have to thoughtlessly destroy our hidden world? Maybe we really should’ve killed him.”
“We have lost our hidden world, so we have no choice but to stand on the game board here in the real world.
The hidden world was destroyed. Not just lose meaning, but destroyed.

Well, i don't know anymore, maybe just add NPI to Aleister's profile? Something like "can destroy non-existent things"? I still don't understand from where their unability to exist inside the Hidden World comes tho, was it just assumed they can't exist there anymore?

Well, i don't know anymore, maybe just add NPI to Aleister's profile? Something like "can destroy non-existent things"? I still don't understand from where their unability to exist inside the Hidden World comes tho, was it just assumed they can't exist there anymore?
The hidden world is destroyed. I guess you can't be in a destroyed non-existent place.
And they basically say that they have to "stand on the game board here in the real world" due to that.

I guess NPI against non-existents is ok for Aleister.

How would we interpret Frillsand's offensive powers ability-wise? I guess from the explanation it should count as an application of energy manipulation?

Any quote? I don't remember anything about it. But if it is what i think, energy manip wouldn't be quite right.

I think more or less the only explanation we get for how her power works is
“It is known as High Voltage Cutting,” said the ghost woman. “The principle may be similar to the shock diamonds seen in a rocket engine’s flame or the cavitation of air bubbles created around a propeller. The constant emission of a powerful energy will create irregular waveforms and images while it interferes with itself.”

“Gh!? What energy???”

“You can find energy everywhere.” Her tone was light, so understanding how it worked must not have helped avoid its effects. “The carbon dioxide and nitrogen oxide you thoughtlessly spread around forms acid rain when it bonds with the moisture in the air. You can acquire electricity simply by sticking two electrodes into a fruit, you know? Copper and zinc are such necessities that you can find them anywhere. Using that, you can produce hydrogen gas in addition to electricity. I only need to absorb power from a civilization battery the size of a city or even greater. That is enough for me to construct a single outlier point within that stable energy.”

“…”

“What are the common types of haunted locations? Old homes full of drafts, cliffs and caves eroded by the waves, and mountain roads late at night. They are always full of noise, such as static electricity, pressure differences, the creaking of rusty doors, or the rustling of the trees in the wind. Have you ever heard a ghostly voice in the crackle of excess electricity or the roar of hydrogen gas being ignited? I can exist as I am wherever human civilization exists. If you wish to kill me, you must destroy your very way of life. On a global scale.”
It mostly explains how she exists, but I guess the ghostly phenomenons she causes would be manifested by fundamentally the same principle?
Like, when she cuts someone to mincemeat I would guess it's fundamentally manipulating energy into manifesting the desired phenomenon.

I have no idea how she killed that idol or how her passive "you look at me you are ******" works, but i really don't think energy manipulation is the answer, at least we don't know enough to say it is, yeah i agree her powers are connected to the High Cutting, but not in a way we can explain right now, gladly she will be back at some point.

Btw, Shiage isn't dead, agreed? And if he is, we will see the afterlife, agreed?

xsF4SxA.png

New railgun arc is a prequel, huh. That Sailor Moon looking girl seems to have had a great influence on her.

The cliques don't know what's coming for them. Hehe.

That Sailor Moon looking girl
LMAO, i hadn't noticed she looked like Sailor Moon.

I think she will die tho, that's the only explanation to a character not being in the future (Misaki having something to do with this is also a possibility).

Last edited:
I think she will day tho, that's the only explanation to a character not being in the future (Misaki having something to do with this is also a possibility).
Or she will fuse with Misaka and that is the reason they share character traits. That explains everything!

No, but seriously, she is in her last year of middle school right? So it's too soon to abandon the idea of her just having switched to a different highschool after graduating.
Or maybe she became a magical girl

If she was created out of nowhere it would explain we not knowing about her existence until now, mehhhhh, that's why i don't like most prequels

So Mikoto was the weakest Lvl5 at some point, considering how she made it up all the way from lvl1 it's not surprising.

Btw, you telling that Mikoto has been kicking the vending machine for nearly 2 years now and she yet to take back the difference? :oops:

Last edited:
Back