• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toaru Discussion thread New Fourms #1

The torn-up girl had nothing that could actually be called a "face". Instead, she had what looked like an open flower or a peeled boiled egg. It was a dark-red cavity with pink muscles and soft yellow fat inside.

GODDAMN, didn't even start reading the LN's yet but are they usually levels more violent/descriptive then their adaptations?

Take one look at his design and tell me you didn't expect something like that.
pre headshot and the one with the coat are the ones I'd expect that from.

Also, should the accel with the coat be its own key (I haven't reached that part so far in the anime since I just started Index III anime so idk what to call him), although he is still the same old post-headshot accelerator, he still has enough new stuff to be his own profile where he has the magic stuff while the other with the white and grey just has whatever he has up to his fight with Kakine

DT said a long time ago he was planning to revise Accel's profile, it would probably include changes to his keys but idk what exactly.

IMO Accel should have keys based in his "knowledge upgrades" instead of having them based in his wings (base post-HS and base post-NT22 are in the same key for example, even tho they are entirely different), it would be something like Pre-HS, Post-HS, Post-WW3, Post-Clonoth.

The wings would be power ups instead of their own keys (like Luffy's gears or Asta's power ups, for example), it would be "5B, Higher with Wings" in some keys and "5B, 4B with PW" in Post-Clonoth.

DT said a long time ago he was planning to revise Accel's profile, it would probably include changes to his keys but idk what exactly.

IMO Accel should have keys based in his "knowledge upgrades" instead of having them based in his wings (base post-HS and base post-NT22 are in the same key for example, even tho they are entirely different), it would be something like Pre-HS, Post-HS, Post-WW3, Post-Clonoth.

The wings would be power ups instead of their own keys (like Luffy's gears or Asta's power ups, for example), it would be "5B, Higher with Wings" in some keys and "5B, 4B with PW" in Post-Clonoth.
that sounds way better then what he currently has

The torn-up girl had nothing that could actually be called a "face". Instead, she had what looked like an open flower or a peeled boiled egg. It was a dark-red cavity with pink muscles and soft yellow fat inside.

GODDAMN, didn't even start reading the LN's yet but are they usually levels more violent/descriptive then their adaptations?
Yup.

made a post about who could bypass Accel's shield
Like Malox was beginning to say, that's not really how Amata's pullback method works. Merely possessing the relevant martial arts skill, knowledge of redirection and cursory knowledge of Accelerator's personality isn't anywhere near enough to reproduce the Kihara counter. With just those 3 things, you have no way of viewing the computational operations in Accelerators head or the micro changes to his filter and personal reality. Amata can pull this off because he directly "created" this power. He can incorporate the entirety of the massive amount of research data equivalent to Accelerator's thought patterns and personal reality into his counter technique so rather than sense these minute changes he can predict all the possible equation configurations and vector control ability alterations on the fly and can adjust the technique accordingly without a second thought.

See the Sugitani and Umidori cases.
BTW, who came up with the idea that Phases are planet sized? And in which quotes it was based?
Did someone say all Phases were planet sized or that some Phases were?

Like Malox was beginning to say, that's not really how Amata's pullback method works. Merely possessing the relevant martial arts skill, knowledge of redirection and cursory knowledge of Accelerator's personality isn't anywhere near enough to reproduce the Kihara counter. With just those 3 things, you have no way of viewing the computational operations in Accelerators head or the micro changes to his filter and personal reality. Amata can pull this off because he directly "created" this power. He can incorporate the entirety of the massive amount of research data equivalent to Accelerator's thought patterns and personal reality into his counter technique so rather than sense these minute changes he can predict all the possible equation configurations and vector control ability alterations on the fly and can adjust the technique accordingly without a second thought.

See the Sugitani and Umidori cases.

Did someone say all Phases were planet sized or that some Phases were?
Well, fiction is a really wonderful place, there are some characters (ZY and Ikki being the main ones in the wiki) that can straight up get an opponent's entire thought pattern based in nearly nothing, so they would d it after some tries (if you read the thread, C1 and C2 would be really easy to ZY and Ikki and somewhat easy to those close to them, it gets a bit harder C3 onwards but nothing impossible).

And there is Mina's case where she just lolnoped Accel calcs via better calc speed, Ikki wouldn't be able to pull that, but ZY would.

In the wiki or in-verse? In-verse nothing like that was stated, their size is really unclear, i think the best is New World which is universe sized but idk if it counts as a Phase. In the wiki it has been like that since always, afaik.

I didn't speak on any of the characters and whether they could reproduce it or not, I just said the OP wasn't an accurate description on how the technique can be accomplished.

Phases can vary in size, not all of them are universe sized. See Imaginary District, Heaven, Othinus's Filters.

I didn't speak on any of the characters and whether they could reproduce it or not, I just said the OP wasn't an accurate description on how the technique can be accomplished.
how do you want me to describe it? So far my info comes from watching up to Index III episode 11 (just finished the episode) and whatever I've heard from this wiki, if you could give me a more accurate description for me to copy and paste I would appreciate it.

Phases can vary in size, not all of them are universe sized. See Imaginary District, Heaven, Othinus's Filters.
ID is the only phase that has a size limit tho, and one that can be extended since it is based in the amount of AIM iirc.

But i didn't see anything saying Heaven or any of the other phases were specifically limited to Earth's boundaries, Gabriel has enough Telesma to control all stars but Heaven itself would not have enough to extend beyond Earth?

Othinus' Filters allow her to control the 11 dimensions, so their size does not really matter.

ID is the only phase that has a size limit tho, and one that can be extended since it is based in the amount of AIM iirc.

But i didn't see anything saying Heaven or any of the other phases were specifically limited to Earth's boundaries, Gabriel has enough Telesma to control all stars but Heaven itself would not have enough to extend beyond Earth?

Othinus' Filters allow her to control the 11 dimensions, so their size does not really matter.
OT4 treats Heaven and Hell as wavelengths that explicitly overlap with the planet Earth. However, NT9 claims they cover the extent of the world/universe like Othinus' filters and her filters are directly compared to the size of Heaven and Hell.

It seemed the filters Othinus spoke of were existences or concepts identical to heaven or hell. He was unsure if he could destroy something so massive.
New Testament 9

Take this as you will.

However, NT9 claims they cover the extent of the world/universe like Othinus' filters and her filters are directly compared to the size of Heaven and Hell.
And also, you know, a mountain:
“This world was not pure and untouched to begin with. Christian, Buddhist, Celtic, Indian, Shinto, Incan, Aztec, Greek, Roman…and Norse. The various religions have placed layer after layer of various phases over the world like thin veils or filters. There is heaven, hell, the underworld, the Pure Land, Yomi, the abyss, Mount Olympus, the fairy island, Nirai Kanai, Asgard, and many others. At any rate, the world you have seen so far has been viewed through various colors of cellophane.”

Accel CRT never.

I still think Clonoth should have his own key :unsure: It's objectively different from his Pre NT22 self.

Ergenverse was recently "downgraded" from H1B to 2C-2B because their H1B powers are hax only and don't apply to their AP/Dura, shouldn't we do the same with MGs? Since they only have H1C with phase manipulation.
About this, yeah this may not apply to MGs because they are like DBZ characters as i said before, but Othinus does not scale to their quotes and can't do anything without Phase hax or Gungnir.

Also, Gungnir destroying all Phases is a L2C or a H1C feat?

I think it was just 'forbidden' for mortals to climb it in the legends. Bellerophon reached the top by flying on Pegasus back but then suffered the god's punishment. I don't think it has a defined size other than "very big".

Last edited:
Well, we at least know that Mount Olympus does not exist and thus Kamachi can give it any size he wants, nice.

But yeah, Heaven and Hell were directly compared to Othinus' filters, 5B Full Power Othinus? LMAO

why does the scene in the season 3 second op where misaka worst and accel fight in look better than the actual fight? (yeah I get that it's an anime op meant to hype you up but it feels like a scam to people who were only following the anime).

why does the scene in the season 3 second op where misaka worst and accel fight in look better than the actual fight? (yeah I get that it's an anime op meant to hype you up but it feels like a scam to people who were only following the anime).
JC Staff being JC Staff.

having a mostly satirical debate against a guy claiming Asta can beat Accelerator
It's not impossible, just unlikely, has Asta ever nulled probability/quantum/subjective reality hax? If yes then he would defeat Accel, even easier than Touma actually, since his power null is AOE.

It's not impossible, just unlikely, has Asta ever nulled probability/quantum/subjective reality hax? If yes then he would defeat Accel, even easier than Touma actually, since his power null is AOE.

The probability/Quantum/Subjective reality is just the process in which the espers perceive and bring their ability out into the world. It doesn't exist in the sense that there's something to null, you could suppress it from coming out like how Mikoto can't produce sparks if he touches her head but the actual 'hax' is not really powernull possible since it's just based upon their perception and observations. There's nothing to null and if it was, it'd need to be passive as the ability to produce AIM would just start up immediately. The same reason why Touma can't remove an espers ability to produce AIM and their powers just because he touched their head or their brain. Asta can't do anything.

Even then, there's nothing stopping Accel from snapping his neck off with an invisible weighted 5-A vector blade. So.

The probability/Quantum/Subjective reality is just the process in which the espers perceive and bring their ability out into the world.
That's the point, if Asta's power null has feats of affecting these 3 types of hax then espers wouldn't be able to use their powers while inside Asta's Power Null Aura.

I think he does not, but if he has then it's an easy win, iirc we don't treat Accel's powers as being H1C themselves.

That's the point, if Asta's power null has feats of affecting these 3 types of hax then espers wouldn't be able to use their powers while inside Asta's Power Null Aura.

I think he does not, but if he has then it's an easy win, iirc we don't treat Accel's powers as being H1C themselves.

How is he power nulling Accel punching half the continent away? And I literally didn't bring up H1C at all, so irrelevant.

How is he power nulling Accel punching half the continent away?
Accel wouldn't be able to apply vector control in himself as well, he would be power nulled, even his wings could possibly be nulled, Accel would be nothing more than a normal human while inside the aura. And he does not do that in character, really.
And I literally didn't bring up H1C at all, so irrelevant.
Yeah, i meant that if we treated his powers as H1C then Asta wouldn't be able to power null at all, i wasn't talking about what you said.

His aura needs to spread and covers a radius, this is assuming Accel would be dumb enough to stand in the radius and let himself be power nulled. Asta also doesn't start off with these factors to begin with and even if he did, again, there is a limited radius so Accel could just punch half the surface away with Asta with it or just twist his head off with remote vectors from a distance. Asta cannot null the vector forces of what he changes so he couldn't tank Accel's attack even with Anti Magic, as the Vectors have already been applied and are carried now by natural forces.

Accelerator would win on the first action alone unless you purposefully create a spite scenario.

If you ignore the fact that Anti-Magic, which is the antithesis of mana, won't work on Esper abilities at all, Asta's magic null would still get redirected as it's merely vectored energy that is emitted. Not comparable to Imagine Breaker in the slightest.

What versions of Asta and Accel are we talking about? Because i think some Asta's transformations do have the aura the start, and i think PW just wouldn't be affected at all due to deal with MG level magic.

Other PW tho, Asta is fast enough to avoid any attack and close the distance before Accel can do anything, iirc Asta is faster than 2xFTL so he would also go through the VS in case his power null is useless.

Back