• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toaru Discussion thread New Fourms #1

Also Mugino
Yep, that too, and I'll admit that it has potential. Personally, after some thought, I am just way too in love with vanilla ships and prefer Touma x Index ship (and Touma x Othinus or Accelerator too) above most other ships! ... Granted, I do think Seria x Touma is a fine black horse ship as well.

Yep, that too, and I'll admit that it has potential. Personally, after some thought, I am just way too in love with vanilla ships and prefer Touma x Index ship (and Touma x Othinus or Accelerator too) above most other ships! ... Granted, I do think Seria x Touma is a fine black horse ship as well.
I just realized Seria is now city block because of you

Hmm...

Do you think that there is any good ToAru characers that can be useful for this kind of thing? ... To explain, a friend of mine, Pepper, made this "thread" of spamming character matches w/their own interconnected story, which then slowly snowballed into numerous other people making their own spammed character threads.

Hmm...

Do you think that there is any good ToAru characers that can be useful for this kind of thing? ... To explain, a friend of mine, Pepper, made this "thread" of spamming character matches w/their own interconnected story, which then slowly snowballed into numerous other people making their own spammed character threads.
Pepper makes good matches.

Either Misaka and Touma are good. Anyone with complicated powers and hax don't fit

Indeed... Man, I really wish an anime studio would animate Astral Buddy soon. I enjoyed it! ... Granted, it likely won't be happening until Biohacker and NT11 are animated, but maybe an anime studio can skip those two like how the ToAru anime skipped SS2.

I'm so confused and don't know if there's something really obvious I'm missing. So Accelerator is planet level from fighting Nephthys and Nephthys is planet level from fighting Accelerator. I thought there would be an actual feat behind the scaling.

If they scale off LPSaD Fiamma, that should be added as justification to the profiles, but it's not like they ever fought that version.
base accel or nerfed Nephthys being galaxy level
Niang-Niang's phase collision sparks can be argued to be a form of durability negation, so it wouldn't necessarily scale to Coronzon in terms of AP.

Does base Accelerator ever injure Coronzon like he does when he tears apart Nephthys's torso?
There was a loud sound of thick flesh and blood being torn and crushed. Even if something
highly irregular did happen, the #1 had expected it to be deflected like when an attack
against him failed, but that was not what happened.

It tore right through her.

The area from her right shoulder to her chest and stomach was torn away, leaving a gaping
emptiness in its place. It was like her entire body had been made to represent a crescent
moon.
If so can I see a scan of it?

I'm so confused and don't know if there's something really obvious I'm missing. So Accelerator is planet level from fighting Nephthys and Nephthys is planet level from fighting Accelerator. I thought there would be an actual feat behind the scaling.

If they scale off LPSaD Fiamma, that should be added as justification to the profiles, but it's not like they ever fought that version.

Niang-Niang's phase collision sparks can be argued to be a form of durability negation, so it wouldn't necessarily scale to Coronzon in terms of AP.

Does base Accelerator ever injure Coronzon like he does when he tears apart Nephthys's torso?

If so can I see a scan of it?
Nerfed Mg>50/50 othinus>Ollerus>Fiamma

Hmm...

Are you planning to join toaru into this? if so great

Are you planning to join toaru into this? if so great
Maybe later after all of my important CRTs are done.

And what confirms that nerfed MGs are above 50/50 Othinus?
High Priest trashing Fiamma, I think. And perhaps the fact that the True Magic Gods were infinitely stronger than 100% Othinus, so while they were nerfed twice over, they should still maintain some superiority over Othinus.

Also, Othinus not only stalemated Fiamma and Ollerus with probability hax, but the fight was offscreen.
Eh, the fact that they fought her and didn't die and could actually stalemate her for a time is more than enough to scale.

High Priest trashing Fiamma, I think.
Fiamma was not in LPSaD state to scale to planet level, but I get your point.
And perhaps the fact that the True Magic Gods were infinitely stronger than 100% Othinus, so while they were nerfed twice over, they should still maintain some superiority over Othinus.
I'll admit that the superiority over Othinus has merit on the basis of super amped up fairy spell not working, assuming it actually hit High Priest. It was so underwhelming that it did nothing.

It is still impressive that they could survive and "fight back" to reach the conclusion of a stalemate and didn't just end up like a volleyball like Kakine.

They scale to Aiwass and Othinus, who can casually destroy IT, which tanked LPSaD's attack
They don't really seem to be dura neg iirc, but do you have the quotes at hand? I could easily have forgotten how they work.

Didn't Aiwass state IT grew before destroying it?
Yeah, he said it grew compared to its previous manifestations.
IT could also be argued as enhance power null rather than a physical force

No? How would it work like that? Throughout all of its appearances it never nulled anything the way IB does, it even held Fiamma's explosion which would be impossible for IB.

It also tore apart Gryphon, not a high level feat but it's still something impossible to do if it wasn't a physical force.

They scale to Aiwass and Othinus, who can casually destroy IT, which tanked LPSaD's attack
Unfortunately, they never fought Aiwass despite considering it a failure and the IT vs Othinus was weaker than the one from WW3 by an unknown degree.
They don't really seem to be dura neg iirc, but do you have the quotes at hand? I could easily have forgotten how they work.
Well, would we agree that the regular sparks and spray from phase collisions ignore durability?
When she ran forward, the fanned-out weapons restlessly clanked together, sending
disconcerting sparks everywhere. It was like the electrodes of a stun gun but different.

Anyone who had pursued the system of magic to this point would realize what was
happening when they heard the word “sparks”.

Each of the sage weapons that this Magic God had created by transforming her fingers
were used to manage the vast power of a Shijie-Xian by dividing it up into genres: attack,
defense, recovery, close-quarters, ranged, etc. These miracles would cancel each other out
and refuse to mix if they were combined, so she was essentially constructing walls between
them, placing them in separate frames, and preserving their purity. Just as magic power
and ley lines were different things, the macrocosm of the planet and the microcosm of the
body were linked. The scale was different, but it was the same phenomenon as the world’s
phase system
that divided up the different legends and managed them in their own realms
that existed on different levels.

Beyond the visible threat, the recreated sparks flying from there would attack the target
from an unseen blind spot. Just like a scorpion holding its poor prey in its pincers and
then swinging its venomous stinger upon their head.
However, we could absolutely make the argument that Niang-Niang's attacks are not literally identical to the phase collisions.

True Magic Gods scaling to galaxy level would not even be surprising since Aleister apparently still can't defeat them w/o A.A.A and Aiwass.

Unfortunately, they never fought Aiwass despite considering it a failure and the IT vs Othinus was weaker than the one from WW3 by an unknown degree.

Well, would we agree that the regular sparks and spray from phase collisions ignore durability?

However, we could absolutely make the argument that Niang-Niang's attacks are not literally identical to the phase collisions.

True Magic Gods scaling to galaxy level would not even be surprising since Aleister apparently still can't defeat them w/o A.A.A and Aiwass.
Again

Nerfed MG>50/50 othinus>ollerus>fiamma

They fought Coronzon who literally fought a space amped Aiwass...

While Ollerus fought 50/50 Othinus, meaning 5B is consistently the level of the near-magic gods.

I don't see what you mean? They didn' negate someone's durability in that quote
By galaxy level do you mean scaling to Accel's feat? Just to be sure, cause his feat isn't actually galaxy level so i am kinda lost here.

By galaxy level do you mean scaling to Accel's feat? Just to be sure, cause his feat isn't actually galaxy level so i am kinda lost here.
He means the incomplete ceremony (which can destroy half the universe) and coronzon surviving it(which I disagree)

They fought Coronzon who literally fought a space amped Aiwass...
Difference is I don't believe 2xnerfed MGs scale to Coronzon just because of the superficial damage she possibly took from sparks offscreen.

For Coronzon to be below nerfed magic gods, you'd have to believe RZIONR and the rest of Enochian magic that operates on laws from a qualitatively higher plane of existence to be below planet level(or/we higher rating) when it should push away and destroy every phenomenon of the surface world with a similar effectiveness as Imagine Breaker, just as it did to Niang-Niang's sparks.
While Ollerus fought 50/50 Othinus, meaning 5B is consistently the level of the near-magic gods.
The version of Othinus that succeeds or fails purely due to her 50/50 restriction and whose fights isn't determined by a factor of stats. I'm not really interested in this part though.
I don't see what you mean? They didn' negate someone's durability in that quote
It's compared directly to sparks and spray that brings misfortune to magicians after the collisions of phases and the use of magic, but it might be flowery language when comparing the two.

Assuming that Niang-Niang doesn't negate durability would mean that either Accelerator's holism doesn't apply a SS attack on anyone or would place nerfed magic gods and base Accelerator at solar system level along with Coronzon.

50/50 othinus is clearly superior to ollerus tho. I remember there many statements that said the same thing and the fact ollerus is considered a failure compared her

Also Othinus being a successful magic God is already superior than a failure than him by logic

Difference is I don't believe 2xnerfed MGs scale to Coronzon just because of the superficial damage she possibly took from sparks offscreen.
What we believe has little to no influence in the scaling tho, but i will read the fights related to Coronzon again to get a better view of their scaling but i still have no idea what exactly you're trying to get here.
For Coronzon to be below nerfed magic gods, you'd have to believe RZIONR and the rest of Enochian magic that operates on laws from a qualitatively higher plane of existence to be below planet level(or/we higher rating) when it should push away and destroy every phenomenon of the surface world with a similar effectiveness as Imagine Breaker, just as it did to Niang-Niang's sparks.

What exactly are you implying here? That all of Coronzon's spells are higher dimensional or something like that? You know that literally doesn't line up with anything and if it was true she would have killed every single character with a single spell, right?

Also, qualitatively higher what? Higher sephirah and other phases don't transcend the lower ones like how it works for other verses, Toaru doesn't work like that at all.
The version of Othinus that succeeds or fails purely due to her 50/50 restriction and whose fights isn't determined by a factor of stats. I'm not really interested in this part though.
First and foremost, her fights not being decided by stats doesn't mean she doesn't have stats, second, Ollerus literally matched her power level so he scales.
It's compared directly to sparks and spray that brings misfortune to magicians after the collisions of phases and the use of magic, but it might be flowery language when comparing the two.
I wouldn't say it is flowery language, it's just that you're trying to argue it does more than what it actually does.

From what i remember + what is in that quote, Niang copies the sparks ability to hit the target no matter what they do, but she turned it into a physical attack of sorts and instead of the original version's misfortune.
Assuming that Niang-Niang doesn't negate durability would mean that either Accelerator's holism doesn't apply a SS attack on anyone or would place nerfed magic gods and base Accelerator at solar system level along with Coronzon.
The second option makes more sense than the first one, but we still need to get all quotes related to their scaling and seeing what actually is/isn't valid and make a CRT according to it.

Could lead to a downgrade or an upgrade or even no changes at all, who knows?

The second option makes more sense than the first one, but we still need to get all quotes related to their scaling and seeing what actually is/isn't valid and make a CRT according to it.

Could lead to a downgrade or an upgrade or even no changes at all, who knows?
Heh. Working on it. Sorta. Mild earthquake happened at my place and it led me to breaking my glasses accidentally. And without 'em using a computer for long periods of time is a real strain in the eyes for me.

Last edited:
What we believe has little to no influence in the scaling tho, but i will read the fights related to Coronzon again to get a better view of their scaling but i still have no idea what exactly you're trying to get here.
And yet it's a belief of yours is that there's no qualitative superiority between the Four Worlds despite the differences in spiritual rank and potency of elements.
What exactly are you implying here? That all of Coronzon's spells are higher dimensional or something like that?
Not all of them. Just the ones that use pure elements.
You know that literally doesn't line up with anything and if it was true she would have killed every single character with a single spell, right?
It lines up perfectly and narration explicitly states that she wasn't trying to kill the Magic Gods. She's only interested in preparing the Ceremony.
“Heh heh. Out of respect for the Count of Glenstrae, perhaps I should call it the Ceremony
of Mo Athair. At any rate, I am only interested in making progress on my own objective.”

That was the end of it.

A golden whirlwind whipped up.

It was hair.

This was only a smokescreen. It had no crucial meaning. But by the time Accelerator
clicked his tongue and looked up, Coronzon was already gone.

It did not even seem like she had merely pretended to leave so she could snipe him from
afar.

Coronzon's Enochian magic can't be reached in the surface world and thus can't be likened to magic from it.
“The Sixth Call: thy name is RZIONR, fire of fire. Obey the words that rule the tablet of
the same color and reveal thy pure power before me!!”

With a roar, flames burst from the empty air, swirled in a vortex, and gathered in the right
hand of the beautiful woman in a beige habit.

Now, it was best to pay a little attention here.

Even Mathers had wielded the four great elements. But in the real world in which humans
lived, he had been unable to draw out the pure elements, so he had included an impurity
to control them. Cement is only a dry powder on its own, but it hardens once mixed with
water and gravel. He had included a similar practical compromise in his methodology.

But Coronzon was different.

Fire of fire.

She mercilessly reached for a pure element which could not be achieved in the human
world
. Just as water molecules void of all impurities displayed special behavior like
insulating against electricity, this would produce a result different from the magic used
by humans

Samuel Liddell MacGregor Mathers.

Not even the leader of the Golden cabal had achieved this ultimate magic.

Niang-Niang states Coronzon uses laws based on the Olam Beriah.
“I see. Coronzon lurks behind the Sephiroth, not the Qliphoth. You’re a demon, but you’re
also a gatekeeper who never falls from the tree. I see, I see. You form your power from the
laws of the Olam Beriah, not the Olam Asiyah! Yeah, this is interesting!! You can probably
earn a participation trophy and an ‘A for Effort’ for this!!”
Pure elements such as RZIONR are as effective as Imagine Breaker when interacting with phenomenon of the surface world. You can't tell me pure elements from a higher plane of existence are not qualitatively superior to impure elements of the surface world.
Yes.

The pure elements did not exist in this world and they would never mix with anything else.
Just like pure water and monopoles behaved differently just by being a single pure thing.
Even if it did not have the perfect negation ability of Imagine Breaker, it could push the
enemy away like a moving wall. Gabriel controlled the same water anyone could use, so
why was that archangel such a threat? This was the same. The element was identical, but
the level of purity was far greater.

RZIONR destroyed Niang-Niang's sparks so at bare minimum her magic scales higher.
“Fire Tablet of the Elemental Tablets, thou hast been released, so work within my power.

I will now indicate the source of the apocalyptic threat. All creation shall naturally break
down and Enochian Magic shall amplify the fire of destruction!!”

Just as the embers were blown away and vanishing, the edge of the unraveling hellfire
curtain gathered together once more.

The flames doubled in size from before and became a blazing tornado.

“Wow.”

Magic God Niang-Niang’s invisible scorpion tail—the collection of recreated sparks—was
swept away and erased by the explosive flames. Just like the stars in the night sky were
swept away by the dawn.
Coronzon was not trying to kill Niang-Niang.
Each of Coronzon’s attacks was ridiculously powerful, but she was not trying to kill Niang-
Niang here. She was using the obvious explosive blasts to make a mess of things and to
scatter a great storm of what she had called “magic power” in order to cancel out any
ability Magic God Niang-Niang had to search him out. Instead of using chaff or a flare to
divert the enemy’s aim, it was more like using a stun grenade that filled the entire area
with a blinding light and deafening noise.

IDOIGO is called an all-slicing wind that can not be reached in the surface world.
“The Third Call: thy name is IDOIGO, wind of wind. Obey the words that rule the tablet
of the same color and reveal thy pure power before me!!”

It was a torrent of an unsullied element that should not have existed in the surface world.
The all-slicing gust of wind flew straight for Aleister Crowley’s neck.

LILACZA is an impure element so it could not break through Mina's pallete knife like one of her pure elements from the other Calls would. It's stated that this act of the surface world could be influenced by other acts of the surface world. It would not apply to RZIONR or IDOIGO, etc.
“The Seventh Call: thy name is LILACZA, water of wind. Insert element within element
and obey me as an element of this world!!”

“Mina Mathers!!”

After being deflected and hopping straight up, the wind blade was surrounded by a cold
mist and twisted around with a motion similar to a venomous snake or a scorpion’s tail.
It thrust down toward baby Lilith in the mourning clothes lady’s arms. Mina gasped and
pulled out her palette knife with the baby held in the other arm.

“My vision is brought to the outside world through the medium of art. It can link to the
microcosms of others and work its way into the macrocosm of all. Feel my colors which
reconstructed the lost seven-walled tomb. Appear before me, claws. Wield them with
great ferocity, black four-legged beast!!”

A powerful wind blew separate from the movement of the palette knife. No, if fine sand
or flour had been scattered through this space, it would have looked an awful lot like the
claw marks of a carnivorous beast running alongside her.
Intense sparks flew and the deadly element Coronzon had invited in finally returned to
naught.

But the demon’s wicked smile remained.

“It was only meant as a quick adaptation, but I suppose I should have expected the
element to be so easily repelled once I mixed in an impurity. The acts of the surface world
can be influenced by other acts of the surface world. It does make sense
.”

The black cat witch showed no joy in her accomplishment.

In fact, she wrinkled her brow like she had predicted the words that came next.

But that means a direct attack from a pure element would probably have broken your
palette knife, destroyed the arm holding it, and killed that baby held to your breast
.”

Last edited:
And yet it's a belief of yours is that there's no qualitative superiority between the Four Worlds despite the differences in spiritual rank and potency of elements.

Not all of them. Just the ones that use pure elements.
I am not against it, but which quotes do even support this line of thought?

I know the quotes saying her power comes from a higher sephirah/above the surface, but what exactly supports this meaning her power is qualitatively higher?

Also, i never said there was no difference in potency, but calling something with higher AP a qualitative superiority seems a bit off, while the higher soul rank is important, but this wouldn't affect tiering at all (tho we should probably look at soul rank at some point to give resistance to soul hax).
It lines up perfectly and narration explicitly states that she wasn't trying to kill the Magic Gods. She's only interested in preparing the Ceremony.
She wasn't holding back against them either tho nor was she avoiding the option of killing them, it not being a goal doesn't mean she wouldn't do it if it was that easy.

Also, how exactly does it line up perfectly when her strongest spell is Othinus level?
Coronzon's Enochian magic can't be reached in the surface world and thus can't be likened to magic from it.
Neither underlined parts of the quote imply the Pure Elements are some higher existence type of fire, it just says that it can't be achieved and produced a different result from the spells/elements that exist naturally in the world, nothing about "can't be likened" or "qualitatively higher".
Niang-Niang states Coronzon uses laws based on the Olam Beriah.
And what does that mean in practice? You're not really explaining what you want to get here.
Pure elements such as RZIONR are as effective as Imagine Breaker when interacting with phenomenon of the surface world.
It is stated right there to not have IB's perfect negation, so what do you mean by "as effective" then?
You can't tell me pure elements from a higher plane of existence are not qualitatively superior to impure elements of the surface world.
Why is it a higher plane of existence to begin with? All we know is that beings from there have higher ranked souls and the elements from there don't exist naturally in the surface.

Like, you're just throwing "qualitatively" around without actually explaining what it means. We already know the universe in Toaru has 11 dimensions, are you saying Olam Beriah would exist above it or something like that?
RZIONR destroyed Niang-Niang's sparks so at bare minimum her magic scales higher.
Yes, Pure Fire scales higher than Niang's sparks, i don't that was ever in doubt to begin with.
IDOIGO is called an all-slicing wind that can not be reached in the surface world.

LILACZA is an impure element so it could not break through Mina's pallete knife like one of her pure elements from the other Calls would. It's stated that this act of the surface world could be influenced by other acts of the surface world. It would not apply to RZIONR or IDOIGO, etc.
For the Pure Wind, Aleister could deflect it with his own strength, it makes no sense for him to be able to do it if the power was some kind of higher existence that no one could even approach in strength.

While the pure fire didn't really get deflected or anything like that, it only destroyed Niang's weapons/sparks from what i saw, so like, they aren't any impressive feat wise, not to the point you're claiming them to be.

So i will have to ask, what exactly are you proposing here? That Coronzon is Tier 1 with Enochian Magic or what?

Adding onto this topic for a bit in the topic of the Magic Gods and Coronzon... Didn't the latter get jumped by the lot of them in the World Rejector world and she chose to run away from them, plus, I'm pretty sure that there is a scene in NT22 in where Hamzaura interacts with a bloodied Coronzon that had fought with Niang-Niang and Nephthys?

Adding onto this topic for a bit in the topic of the Magic Gods and Coronzon... Didn't the latter get jumped by the lot of them in the World Rejector world and she chose to run away from them, plus, I'm pretty sure that there is a scene in NT22 in where Hamzaura interacts with a bloodied Coronzon that had fought with Niang-Niang?
She fought Niang-Niang and Nephthys

Also, while Coronzon was 100% focused on preparing the Ceremony, wouldn't that give her more incentive to give everything her all when dealing obstacles in her path?

Would this guys be a good match for misaka?

Speed blitz due to the speed boast for Monsoon. Not sure about Kallen, tho. Mostly due to the fact that the giant robot she pilots doesn't have any internal protection, so Mikoto likely insta wins once she gets some iron-sand inside of it to retrain the flesh-and-blood human with no abilities whatsoever.

Back