• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

To Slay a Demon (Back) - Yujiro Hanma vs Tanjiro Kamado

"Promise not to use Shaori" - His profile says 'Yujiro is very arrogant and is thrilled by the thought of a good fight, but this doesn't make him foolhardy' so yeah he's probably going to.

Need to nip out just wanted to say that your kinda acting like Yujiro's got no win cons here when he absolutely does tho no offence

Can you explain how he will overcome Tanjiro's overwhelming speed amps and reactive power level? Also, I'd say that the Transparent World's info analysis is superior, since not only can it identify diseases but it can trace someone's lineage hundreds of years into the past by observing the cells.
Yujiro actively does that too without the need of techniques. Again, he can identify individual cells that will have cancer in the future, that is how good he is at identifying weaknesses. Managing to discover someone's ancestry is nice, but again, I don't see how it means that it is better at the combat applications.

I agree, it is more flexible, but that's not really the point of Shaori. There are other techniques in Baki universe way more flexible than Shaori, such as the one that Yujiro's body consistency becomes like "water" (Clearly not water-like, but flowing like it), the point of Shaori is receiving the KE and fully embracing it, absorbing it on (almost) its entirety to nullify damage.
That is actually a good point, and one I'll cover on my analysis. I don't exclude the possibility of him using it ocasionally on the fight, but I agree, he is not really the kind of character that fully uses something he's copied. Yujiro makes a point of using mostly only his combat instincts, raw skill and pure violence, ocasionally peppering it with more exotic stuff to spice things up or just for the hell of it. He rarely does any specific technique because he needs it.
Dealing with cheap shots and sneak attacks he saw coming is different from dealing with speed blitzes or overwhelmingly faster attacks.
Tanjiro is disposed to target his opponent's weak points; with overwhelming speed advantage, Tanjiro can easily target Yujiro's eyes, or systematically cut up his blood vessels and target his vital points as he gets stronger and faster with reactive power level. Tanjiro can win a battle of attrition just fine; he trained non-stop for a week with no sleep or food and almost no water (with rain being his only source), and then engaged in battle for multiple hours before he can sleep. An other character is patient enough to swat aside a barrage of thousands of needles, so if we assume that Yujiro is much more durable which is debatable, Tanjiro can do a thousand percision cuts with Yujiro being too slow to respond, and the cuts have the added bonus of preventing regeneration and providing a painful burning sensation to demons who laugh off other injuries.
A lot to unpack here.

Slower characters in Baki have reacted to speedblitzes with the same kind of techniques that Yujiro has, though. In fact, several of Yujiro's techniques are treated as blitzes to equal-speed characters. Jab, Cockroach Tackle, 0.5 Second, Udonde (Which is shown to actually automatically counter several attacks & strike back faster than someone who was comparable to him could react), and others. I agree that Tanjiro has more speed amplifying abilities, and it really isn't impossible at all for him to win. However, not only is Yujiro able to predict stuff better (at least martially), but he really should be able to tank even hits on vulnerable points (That he defends better than most people) and he can compensate for it.

The stamina stuff is really good, but I don't think it is relevant here, as the fight shouldn't drag on for days and days. (tbh I really don't understand how in fiction characters that can harm each other can fight for days at a time, but I digress)

I think you are doing that only as an example, but slashing one thousand times in that whole time without Yujiro being able to react or do anything at all is a bit too much.

So, judging by their profiles and what has been said here, I see the fight as this.

Comparing firstly AP and durability, Yujiro has the edge. Tanjiro scales to being way stronger than people a little above the baseline. Yujiro is 4,76x above baseline in base, and almost certainly above as Yujiro has been stated to grow stronger each day (Sadly I don't have the scan anymore, so you may disconsider that) and through Demon Back, he is way above that, he tanks several strikes that he was aprehensive to take on base form, now without even having to defend himself and letting the enemy strike on vulnerable points and all he got was a bloody nose, and he also could OHK and completely toy around with people otherwise on his level. To be honest, I feel Yujiro has a significant edge here, although Tanjiro does compensate a bit with edged weaponry for AP and regeneration for durability. But even then, Yujiro has several damage-reducing abilities of the highest degree.

In LS, Yujiro destroys him, not only having a much higher LS even on the lowest possible interpretation, but with supremely better grappling and using of it. If Yujiro manages to get his hands on Tanjiro for a good grapple, poor Tanjiro is getting Dress'd out.

Speed wise, Tanjiro clearly has the advantage in options to speed amp. He has several abilities that can massively amp himself in speed, and while Yujiro does have them too and compensates a bit with better skill and abilities related to instinct and prediction (Which Tanjiro is also good at), Tanjiro is clearly the faster one out of them.

Now, here's the fun part. I'll very likely miss something as both of them have way too many powers, and while I do know most of what Yujiro's capable of, I am not on Tanjiro's side, so I'll be fair that I may change my opinion on some stuff depending on new info presented, and I'm fully aware I may be wrong on some counts, but with what I'm given, I believe on the following:

Tanjiro has one very big advantage which are elemental, energy and shockwave-based attacks that actually can cause serious harm. I don't really doubt that Yujiro can tank them, but that's not the point, the point is that those are things that are completely foreign in Baki universe. Shockwaves do exist and can do some damage, but they are minor and not really of the bladed kind that Tanjiro does. I do think Yujiro has the raw combat skill and tactical intellect to figure things out, but he'd be a bit surprised and out of his gourd (really obscure reference) here. His Breathing technique also manages to stop hemorrhages, even if minor ones, and that is actually very useful against someone like Yujiro, who is a more bare-fisted kind of fighter. His Reactive Power Level is also astoudingly good, and while it does take some time, we can guarantee that he would get closer and closer to Yujiro's level as the fight went on. (tbh I feel like Yujiro should have that power too, but I don't remember if he has it... in any case, he doesn't in his profile so I won't consider it)

Yujiro is way, waaaay more skilled in CQC and in general tactical ability (And again, this isn't thinking little of Tanjiro's abilities, it's just that Yujiro is insane), and once he gets into CQC, his powers are both more apt to the scenario, and more useful in a general sense. His instinctive reactions, other speed amps and many others should allow him to react to speed amps, at least enough so he can pull off some stuff. His several debuff abilities are crafted exactly to handle melee fighters of the ilk. While Tanjiro has pain resistance, I don't know if it is up to the task of enduring a Benda that has shown to completely reduce people using at being seriously cut, shot, and even digging their own flesh without reaction to crying messes. Funnily enough, if Tanjiro's Breathing techniques rely on actual breathing, Yujiro has a specific technique that impairs breathing and sight. I know that Tanjiro probably has some way around it and he has trained in lower air densities, but still, it is a fun thought.

As I see it, most ways to Tanjiro to win involve him abusing speed amps from the get-go, and even then Yujiro has a chance to reverse things with Udonde and others. Any scenario that involves Yujiro grabbing him is an almost certain victory for Yujiro, and most scenarios that they directly confront each other and Tanjiro takes a bit too long to use his amps are also favourable to Yujiro.

One interesting tidbit is that both have resistances to prediction. While I think Yujiro has predicted people who too did have resistance, the mechanics and levels are wholly different. I don't think Tanjiro could grasp the full strength of the Ogre, nor could Yujiro fully understand how the fight would play out. That makes the scenarios and the fight more interesting.

All in all, I tend towards Yujiro with high difficulty. It would be an awesome fight and Tanjiro has the tools to pull it off (And his speed amps are undeniably a very good thing), but I think Yujiro wins.

But I feel like I should remember people that, while Yujiro has several techniques and abilities on his profile, he often refrains using anything that isn't his raw skill and abilities that are a general thing of people on his level in Baki series, such as the 0.5 Second Unconscious. He does spice things up in a fight by using techniques now and then, but it is usually for the hell of it. He prefers taking care of situations using his skill and massive power, not any specific abilities.

Got this, Chad Strongest Creature in History vs The Virgin Sengoku Era Swordsman

bmcpvgusxxi41.jpg

Tanjiro's precog is passive, so he'll pretty much speed amp from the get-go as soon as he senses an attack is coming.
If he can dodge attacks from a much faster more skilled martial artist with precog + amp, then he can dodge attacks from an equally fast more skilled martial artist with precog + amp.
As conventional wisdom says:
P5wrCbZ.png

Tanjiro is able to sense his opponent's strength either from clairvoyance or his opponent's aura, so there is a very high chance for him to activate the Transparent World from the get-go out of caution as he likely would with top-level Demons; he isn't the type of person who enjoys having a good fight, he prefers ending conflicts as fast and smoothly as possible.
Even then, the Transparent World can be activated at a moment's notice to dodge attacks from much faster opponent (moving faster than he can see while more casual), even when the attack is grazing him. So it is not like Tanjiro needs to disengae first and take a deep breath to activate it; he can activate it as soon as he feels danger.
ox7FdXR.png
FrTHxUe.png

At a point skill can't compensate for speed. As it did with people who can move faster than Tanjiro can see, at minimum Transparent World will make Yujiro look as if he is moving in slow motion.
OjoyjTk.png

Can passive precog handle 0.5? Last I checked your brain still needs to get your body to react to smth and 0.5 is basically a free cheap shot while your body waits to be triggered last I read it

0.5 is something that's just anatomically incorrect, and forcing a 0.5 reaction time on a character who can see MHS+ characters as immobile would be rather dumb to begin with. Yujiro still wins, but see-through world alone invalidates the idea of 0.5 seconds.

0.5 is something that's just anatomically incorrect, and forcing a 0.5 reaction time on a character who can see MHS+ characters as immobile would be rather dumb to begin with. Yujiro still wins, but see-through world alone invalidates the idea of 0.5 seconds.
Yeah, I always interpreted that as instead of being literally 0,5 seconds, as just removing the (very small) timeframe it takes for the nerves to transfer commands to and from the brain about what to do in a combat situation. Even in Baki a 0,5 time frame doesn't make sense.

Tanjiro's precog is passive, so he'll pretty much speed amp from the get-go as soon as he senses an attack is coming.
If he can dodge attacks from a much faster more skilled martial artist with precog + amp, then he can dodge attacks from an equally fast more skilled martial artist with precog + amp.
As conventional wisdom says:
I agree, and I don't dispute the speed advantage Tanjiro has. The thing is that I doubt that it would be that massive as Yujiro too has several speed amplification techniques (While it is fair to assume equal speed per SBA, it isn't to assume that the precognition and amp abilities that Yujiro has are just as good as those characters Tanjiro fought), and he has several methods to catch the blade, even if it means getting cut. In fact, even in real life swordsmanship manuals, allowing yourself to get cut on a nonlethal part to get a good attack is a good last measure, and given the considerably superior durability, distance, speed amps, instinctive reaction, precog and all the other stuff, assuming Tanjiro starts using the See-Through World from the get-go, Yujiro should be able to prepare himself that much and hit or grab Tanjiro. Also, I'd note that I fully agree that skill matters less the stronger and faster the opponent are, at least on a human scope. Yujiro not only is a bit of an exception (Well, less of an exception and more that his skill is so great that you need to be considerably stronger/faster for that to matter), but we aren't on a scenario that he's only blitzed or a mindless brute who is stronger but slower. He has many other tools at his disposal to take care of the speed, and his skill fully allows him to do so.
Tanjiro is able to sense his opponent's strength either from clairvoyance or his opponent's aura, so there is a very high chance for him to activate the Transparent World from the get-go out of caution as he likely would with top-level Demons; he isn't the type of person who enjoys having a good fight, he prefers ending conflicts as fast and smoothly as possible.
Yujiro specifically has resistance to having his strength gauged, even by people who had actively studied and fought him several times on the past. Even Baki who has insane analytical capabilities couldn't fathom Yujiro's true strength. The maximum he could replicate was a 8-B+ phantom image, that even he himself recognized as being way below of what Yujiro was.

Back