• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

To Slay a Demon (Back) - Yujiro Hanma vs Tanjiro Kamado

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Administrator
Spec might not have been able to take down Kamado, but can Yujiro?

The Ogre vs The Demon

Yujiro has Demon Back and Post-Breath of the Sun Mastery Tanjiro. Speed equalized. Victory via SBA.

fh4d1a6zi1p11.png
rarellano-art-kimetsu-retoque.jpg

Tanjiro has Precog and resistance to it, plus Reactive Power Level. Imo from a purely skill-based pov, he has an advantage due to perception amps and precog

Okay so Tanjiro's precog atm seems to be based on a few things but I think Yujiro can work around it via sense manip to fool smell and illusions I guess. Also can take Tanjiro's attacks even if they hit via Shaori (Idk what the AP is so take this with an asterisk atm)

That class M lifting strength means if Tanjiro gets grappled he isn't escaping however his battle senses and resistance to it means he'll be smart enough to keep the Ogre at a distance plus he resists the fear aura too.

Depending on what the Ogre does to close the gap, it'll likely affect the outcome of the battle (both have durability negation so one decisive strike will likely end the fight).

Yujiro can do the cockroach tackle, which should allow him to close the gap quickly.

Tanjiro can't dodge the Ogre's attacks forever however his battle senses will put him one step ahead meaning he could try to find an opening to use his durability negation but after reading both profiles again, analytical prediction and instinctive reactions (both of which See-Through-World doesn't negate) means the Ogre could eventually bypass Tanjiro's senses and land a fatal blow plus unlike Tanjiro, the Ogre can preform all his techniques without a weapon.

For now I'll vote for the Ogre (high-diff) via:
*Experience
*Unpredictability
*Far better in H2H/CQC
*Class M
*Power Mimicky

Has it shown to affect characters that are comparable to Tanjiro's level? (in this case 8-As).
Shouldn't it be a matter of whether the character has resistance to it? But regardless, Post-Breath of the Sun Mastery Tanjiro's aura should be comparable to Muzan's, which also caused severe pain, paralysis and lacerations in another 8-A character aka Akaza

Shouldn't it be a matter of whether the character has resistance to it? But regardless, Post-Breath of the Sun Mastery Tanjiro's aura should be comparable to Muzan's, which also caused severe pain, paralysis and lacerations in another 8-A character aka Akaza
The Ogre's immense pain tolerance and damage reduction should be enough to power through the physical affects of it but that battle aura is a problem I didn't account for. OOF... I will retract my vote.

I only asked how powerful the aura was since that ability often gets misused or misunderstood in Vs threads.

Yujiro easily resists the aura. Baki characters on the higher level have similar effects on their battle aura. Yujiro himself made poor Gouki hallucinate having to travel through cliffs, an abyss and other stuff of that kind just to get close to him. Musashi could mentally tear people apart without doing anything. Yujiro and Musashi together made a whole neighbourhood terrified. Baki merely approaching a park completely de-populated it.

I could go on but I'm feeling quite lazy rn to grab scans or the specific times, but the battle aura is no problem at all for Yujiro.

Also, I heavily question Tanjiro being more skilled than the Ogre. I don't say it is impossible or that I doubt that he is more skilled in some fields, but in a general combat way is weird. I'll analyse his profile further before commenting, but there is a good, legitimate reason why Yujiro is one of the top, non-cosmic contenders to being the most combat-skilled character in the wiki, via actual feats.

I wouldn't say Tanjiro is more skilled, since Yujiro can do nearly everything he can and some of his stuff is kinda unquantifiable skill wise (like reading emotions,intent and minds through smell wich works even in robots and can predict the future like precog).

But that power, plus see-through world wich acts as both a good perception amp and some sort of X-ray vision wich allows for both better movement prediction and resistance to precog,enhanced senses and extrasensory perception on the same level he has, The AP and Speed amps (blitzworthy if he uses lightning breathing) plus the unusual shockwave manip he gets from breathing techniques should protect him from getting immediately skill stomped.

Last edited:
Also, if Tanjiro loses, Yoriichi would be another good match since he's better than Tanjiro in pretty much everything and is the strongest demon hunter in the series.

Should say pretty sure Yujiro will pick up the fact Tanjiro relies on special breathing stuff almost right away dunno if that helps.

Damn, that's actually a horrifying thought now that I think on it. Reminds of me the Kaku fight

Kaku: "I spent all of my life honing my body and learning the sacred art of Shaori and you've just used that art with your huge body?"

Yujiro: "Yes."

But that power, plus see-through world wich acts as both a good perception amp and some sort of X-ray vision wich allows for both better movement prediction and resistance to precog,enhanced senses and extrasensory perception on the same level he has, The AP and Speed amps (blitzworthy if he uses lightning breathing) plus the unusual shockwave manip he gets from breathing techniques should protect him from getting immediately skill stomped.
The problem is that all feats that I see on his profile are kind of, at best, on par with what Yujiro does.

Being able to predict the moves of enemies by their smell is a neat way to do so and is certainly helpful, but it is not much different in practice against the other methods that Yujiro employs. I mean, result-wise, the prediction is still the same.

X-Ray Vision is actually something that Yujiro does do. His sight can detect weaknesses of individual cells of an enemy.

Yujiro has also immense AP and speed amps. Demon Back unaccounted, which is a massive buff in itself, he has several techniques that considerably amplify AP and dura.

Are those shockwaves powerful enough to wound and push around people of similar strength to Tanjiro?

Btw, sorry for the crappy info, I'm having a hard time to focus on the match, doing other stuff rn too

Tanjiro's precog is effective enough to counter a precog user, and it allows him to briefly amp his speed in short bursts to dodge people who can normally blitz him.
0148-005.png
0148-013.png

0147-015.png
0147-016.png
0147-017.png

Unlikely that Yujiro can counter Transparent World unless his Demon Back amp is massive. Not only is the sudden absence of supernatural presence disorientating, but it dramaticly boosts Tanjiro's speed and allows him to see fighters who moved faster than he can see (and that is before they got more serious/amped-up) look as if they were moving in slow motion.

Tanjiro's precog is effective enough to counter a precog user, and it allows him to briefly amp his speed in short bursts to dodge people who can normally blitz him.
Yujiro's own abilities completely exceed most other characters precog, who have insane feats of their own. That speed amp is useful, but I'll talk about it later.
0148-005.png
0148-013.png

0147-015.png
0147-016.png
0147-017.png

Unlikely that Yujiro can counter Transparent World unless his Demon Back amp is massive. Not only is the sudden absence of supernatural presence disorientating, but it dramaticly boosts Tanjiro's speed and allows him to see fighters who moved faster than he can see (and that is before they got more serious/amped-up) look as if they were moving in slow motion.
Yujiro really shouldn't be moved by a sudden lack of presence. He has faced Baki and Gaia and is considered far above them in any sense, and they do things of that sense better than even people that can occlude their presence, like Retsu.

I won't counter that speed amp as it is better done after I analyse the profiles, but skill-wise, thus far, I haven't seen anything really new or beyond what Yujiro does.

Yeeesh, that's a rather sizeable gap on par with Yujiro's biceps there I know Dura Negate is a thing but ouch
I'll be fair here, the gap isn't thaaat big, and a bladed weapon helps a lot against that difference. But still, yeah, that's not good for him.

Actually Tanjiro scales to Muzan who is incomparably stronger than 8-A Upper Moons, so more than a little above baseline. Tanjiro's clarivoyance should guide his sword to Yujiro's weakpoints as well.

more than a little above baseline. Tanjiro's clarivoyance should guide his sword to Yujiro's weakpoints as well.

Better be >>> than baseline, nvm the fact that Yujiro has DB that just makes it go out the window (idk how much but yeah)

Yujiro's weakpoints? Uses analytical prediction to make sure he's not tagged to begin with, even then shaori says nope unless he's dura negated. Also breathing stuff can get copied by Yujiro and he can see your body on the celluar level so he'll pick up on that pretty damn quick

(calling it a night see how this goes later)

Tanjiro (alongside many characters in KnY) have reactive power level, so Tanjiro would get stronger and faster as the fight go on. Not to mention the multiple speed amps he has access to.

Tanjiro fought a demon who makes her neck rubbery and flexaable to avoid damage, and Shaori would be easier to bypass, especially with the speed advantage and speed amps.
Considering Yujiro's extensive knowledge and experience on biology and martial arts, it is highly unlikely for KnY Breathing Techniques to be possible for humans in the Baki world if Yujiro hasn't encountered it. Furthermore, they requires some gradual adaption (and biological change since powerful Breath Users are specifically said to be resistant to Muzan's mutating blood), and different Breathing Techniques require natural affinity to use effectively (with those with Sun Breathing affinity being rare).

I also think that Yujiro take this.

Seeing the matches of Tanjiro and considering his tier I think I'm gonna make a fight with certain character I have in mind.

Does Shaori works on bladed/piercing attacks as much as it does blunt force?
Correct me if I'm wrong but the last time I read a Shaori user vs a samurai, the Shaori user died. Unless the Shaori used was imperfect at that time, it's been a long while.

Does Shaori works on bladed/piercing attacks as much as it does blunt force?
Correct me if I'm wrong but the last time I read a Shaori user vs a samurai, the Shaori user died. Unless the Shaori used was imperfect at that time, it's been a long while.
Shaori worked well on Musashi the first couple of times. It only stopped working when Musashi literally hit harder. Considering the AP gap between Tanjiro and Yujiro, I'd say Shaori will work on the former.

Tanjiro fought a demon who makes her neck rubbery and flexaable to avoid damage, and Shaori would be easier to bypass, especially with the speed advantage and speed amps.
Considering Yujiro's extensive knowledge and experience on biology and martial arts, it is highly unlikely for KnY Breathing Techniques to be possible for humans in the Baki world if Yujiro hasn't encountered it. Furthermore, they requires some gradual adaption (and biological change since powerful Breath Users are specifically said to be resistant to Muzan's mutating blood), and different Breathing Techniques require natural affinity to use effectively (with those with Sun Breathing affinity being rare).
Not bypassing Shaori unless the AP can cut past it, Yujiro is already better there and DB makes it go out the window. Besides he's handled attacks he couldn't see iirc, granted being blitzed is an issue but yeah. Also Yujiro has muscles on his muscles on top of his muscles idk if that helps lol.

Breathing stuff might be gradual, but Yujiro can copy shit near instantly like he did in the Kaku fight. Kaku spent like years learning his stuff and Yujiro just did it and said yes via power of just because, so I'd wager its not unlikely as he's in another league of his own compared to other Baki people. Again he'll scan Tanjiro and know what's up there at the very least and know its his power source, which will be very useful at least.

Voting yujiro for higher ap better skills and way better info analysis

Can you explain how he will overcome Tanjiro's overwhelming speed amps and reactive power level? Also, I'd say that the Transparent World's info analysis is superior, since not only can it identify diseases but it can trace someone's lineage hundreds of years into the past by observing the cells.

Not bypassing Shaori unless the AP can cut past it, Yujiro is already better there and DB makes it go out the window. Besides he's handled attacks he couldn't see iirc, granted being blitzed is an issue but yeah. Also Yujiro has muscles on his muscles on top of his muscles idk if that helps lol.
I'd say that this has better flexability than Shaori,
0081-019.png
0082-002.png

And it can be overcome by attacking with overwhelming speed (same with in Baki since Shaori works by high-speed bending).

Also, didn't Yujiro promise to not use Shaori again?
pizgKmd.jpeg

Dealing with cheap shots and sneak attacks he saw coming is different from dealing with speed blitzes or overwhelmingly faster attacks.
Tanjiro is disposed to target his opponent's weak points; with overwhelming speed advantage, Tanjiro can easily target Yujiro's eyes, or systematically cut up his blood vessels and target his vital points as he gets stronger and faster with reactive power level. Tanjiro can win a battle of attrition just fine; he trained non-stop for a week with no sleep or food and almost no water (with rain being his only source), and then engaged in battle for multiple hours before he can sleep. An other character is patient enough to swat aside a barrage of thousands of needles, so if we assume that Yujiro is much more durable which is debatable, Tanjiro can do a thousand percision cuts with Yujiro being too slow to respond, and the cuts have the added bonus of preventing regeneration and providing a painful burning sensation to demons who laugh off other injuries.

Back