• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

To be canon or not to be that is the question.A Dragon ball Super revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Average Robo moment, anyway, DBZ anime isn't treated as canon to DBS anime, and DBZ Kai also isn't treated as canon to DBS anime cause.......i actually forgot the reason aside from statement Iyouko. This thread is to address this problem
These are my thoughts exactly. Why isn't it treated as canon already? Like you have to jump through more hoops to assume all the references to Kai are invalid then to just see the Kai and anime only content in Super and say 'yeah that's probably canon to Super'.

Mark me down for agree obviously.

These are my thoughts exactly. Why isn't it treated as canon already? Like you have to jump through more hoops to assume all the references to Kai are invalid then to just see the Kai and anime only content in Super and say 'yeah that's probably canon to Super'.

Mark me down for agree obviously.
Iirc, the reason was, Kai is just DBZ Anime without filler episode so it not canon to DBS, there is probably more reasons but it forgot, cause I stopped touching this topic long ago

I'm neutral for now, waiting to see Null's counter arguments.

(Gotta say, the whole idea of making the character's ratings be primarily based on filler scenes isn't something I'm entirely comfortable with. Plus does it not seem patently off that the characters in Dragon Ball Super would already be capable of destroying Universes even before Beerus show up?)

Gotta say, the whole idea of making the character's ratings be primarily based on filler scenes isn't something I'm entirely comfortable with. Plus does it not seem patently off that the characters in Dragon Ball Super would already be capable of destroying Universes even before Beerus show up?
Bruh in TOEI we already have Roshi at planet level despite the narrative hinting that this level of power comes only after Vegeta. Come on man.

I mean, great findings and all, but uh... What does this change?

Kai does add some filler/anime only stuff, but most of the crazy "toei only" feats are gone, so what's kept?
I think Kid Buu destroying galaxies is (which is huge)

I'm neutral for now, waiting to see Null's counter arguments.

(Gotta say, the whole idea of making the character's ratings be primarily based on filler scenes isn't something I'm entirely comfortable with. Plus does it not seem patently off that the characters in Dragon Ball Super would already be capable of destroying Universes even before Beerus show up?)
Well, the Boo saga from the beginning was very explicit that it wasn't just the solar system, but that was never accepted.

Like, as I said just before, if the added stuff is 4-A Buu, fine by me. But if it adds 2-C Buuhan and the wacky Toei scaling, then I'll have to disagree
Ok why? What is the big contradiction?

Them later doing the BoG feat? It's not a contradiction, remember Cell boasting about him being able to destroy the Solar System despite scaling to literally Galaxy? Yeah, not an argument here bud.

Ok why? What is the big contradiction?

Them later doing the BoG feat? It's not a contradiction, remember Cell boasting about him being able to destroy the Solar System despite scaling to literally Galaxy? Yeah, not an argument here bud.
Kid Buu being the strongest is BS, as it is everyone scaling to 2-C out of the blue mid arc ("Post-Vegito Division"? Why would that be a power up????)

Kid Buu being the strongest is BS, as it is everyone scaling to 2-C out of the blue mid arc ("Post-Vegito Division"? Why would that be a power up????)
Look, I 100% get you.

Kid Buu being > Buuhan is dumb. Screw Toei for that.

But they did insert a bajillion statements saying so. Before, during and after the fight. So their intention is clear.

And the only way to compartmentalize that is to assume they intended for Goku/Vegeta to get a powerup after Vegito, since Goku also fought Ultimate Gohan in a lesser form.

i think the evidence of kai being canon to super is straightforward but yeah idk about them being 2C before BoG
Again what contradicts super characters not being 2c before bog heck more so it justifies there macrocosm destroying feat in super and also solidifies the fact that god Goku is stronger than buhaan and vegito since he can throw around this macrocosm destroying punches casually while buhaan needed to throw a triumph

Look, I 100% get you.

Kid Buu being > Buuhan is dumb. Screw Toei for that.

But they did insert a bajillion statements saying so. Before, during and after the fight. So their intention is clear.

And the only way to compartmentalize that is to assume they intended for Goku/Vegeta to get a powerup after Vegito, since Goku also fought Ultimate Gohan in a lesser form.
I know they did, but that doesn't make it non sensical
What is against it in DBS Anime?
Is against DBZ logic
Argument off incredulity AAAAAAAAH.
So, Goku and Vegeta desperately needed the fusion in other to defeat a version of Buu, but then they can fight a far stronger version on their without a single piece of explanation other than "we defuse? what?" and you react like that's logical in powerscaling or story-telling? Good to know people involve here are all analyzing this with a critical mind...

Neutral, leaning towards agreeing. If accepted then I don’t see an issue with using 2-C Buuhan, especially considering we already accept stuff like 3-C Cell for full Toei canon.

On the topic of 2-C Kid Buu and stuff, I’m neutral. On the one hand you have the many superiority statements of Kid Buu, as well as Goku and Vegeta fighting clones of Ultimate Gohan and SSJ3 Gotenks. On the other hand you have Goku, Vegeta and Piccolo all scaling to said SSJ3 Gotenks for literally no reason. Not only does it make no sense on its own, but it also means Piccolo got a much greater power boost than all the others just… because I guess? So yeah I don’t really care either way.

Last edited:
You know that being sarcastic don't change much breh, that's still how the show portray the scene and how we accept.
Apologies, but saying it was "off incredulity" when the plot and story itself doesn't even bother to make sense of it was just rude.
You know, will this end up removing all the DBS stuff from the DBZ manga profiles?
That's... A good question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back