• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

TLR vs. Gilgamesh (One More)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Yes. However compounded healing works much faster than a second and if he notices it isn't working instantly he'd act to prevent it and go all out.

2. I'm not sure how Atium reacts to pushes/pulls but it would equalize to a weapon made of magic as it's a solid form of Investiture.

TLR would need a crazy amount of compounding just to get at Gil's level considering he starts a baseline 7-B.

I can unrestrict Gil's other weapons if that wouldn't make this a stomp seeing as that won't really change how Gil acts initially.

I don't see anything on the profile about pushing or pulling atium so idk if he could push gils weapons

I'm not sure either as Atium is solid magic and I don't think anyone has ever tried pushing/pulling on it.

That said speed/speed of thought amping could allow him to be able to dodge the weapons.

Word of God:

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/41/#e7222

Shardblades - swords made entirely out of magic that are pulled out of thin air, but have phisical characteristic of a "metalic" object are harder to push-pull but not impossible.

If Gil's weapons had characteristic of glass, plastic or wood it wouldn't work, but if they are metal-ish, they can be pushed.

In which case TLR would be able to push on it without too much trouble.

Considering TLR is covered in jewlery and should have centuries of different attributes stored up, reaching Gil's level shouldn't be a problem. I'm voting for The Lord Ruler for Atium and Steel makeing him practiaclly untouchable. Taking into account the Gil clearly isn't the normal Skaa slave and is clearly using something Rasheck has never seen and won't be able to recognize, I see no reason why TLR would underestimate this possible threat to his empire. You also need to take into account that Pewter (compunded no less) will allow TLR to survive leathal blows for the duration.

Just reminding that TLR isn't untouchable. He let Kelsier wound him with spear, and anti-regen weapons would work. All depends on their choices.

Under the perfect scenairo where he uses all of his skills and Gil underestimates the shit outta him he is absolutly untouchable. Under the current scenario where he's fighting some wierdo with clearly magical weapons that resist pushing and pulling, I just think Rashek is gonna take this a little more seriously the Gil is, and that nets him the win in my mind.

The fact that someone is even near him in strength would shock TLR into going all out in of itself, whereas TLR's strength wouldn't really impress Gil enough for him to go serious until it's likely too late.

Rashek - 2 (Szmitt, Apies)

Dargoo Faust said:
The fact that someone is even near him in strength would shock TLR into going all out in of itself, whereas TLR's strength wouldn't really impress Gil enough for him to go serious until it's likely too late.----
Rashek - 2 (Szmitt, Apies)
Yeah, I can see him panic.

After all he is aware that there are "bigger" gods. If he would assume Gis as avatar of an another Shard he could start ******** his pants.

Now that I think about it... Does Gil have any aura of strength or sth like that that can be felt? TLR would likely use magic detection before battle, and shit his pants after feeling power that in his mind sould be only an interference of another Shard.

I mean, most of Gil's power is locked in the Gates of Babylon, and his higher ranked phantasms aren't allowed in this match (Although honestly I feel like even if I allow them it won't really change the result due to Gil's character), so TLR would just assume he's some kind of incredibly powerful Mistborn/Full Feurochemist like him and just go HAM.

Meanwhile Gil wouldn't take him seriously as he starts far below the baseline for average servants. If I allowed Ea and other phantasms and Gil actually used them TLR would shit bricks, though.

Bump.

Also I am unrestricting Gil's other weapons considering it doesn't make a crazy difference in the match given Gil's overconfidence.

Call Monarch into this thread. He knows both of these characters.

Or, better yet, I'll do it myself.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Call Monarch into this thread. He knows both of these characters.
Monarch was already on this thread, RIP

Bump again.

Oh. I must've scrolled right past what he said, since his comment was so short.

You'd think he'd have a lot more to say about this than that.

Yeah.

I'm familiar with both characters, too.

The Lord Ruler's confidence is much easier to break than Gil's. The presense of another being even comparable to him would send him off his rocker, which he'd realize with Bronze-burning (It can allow him to sense Allomantic pulses, which the activation of GoB would roughly equalize to due to both being based on a system of magic).

Meanwhile Gil would laugh his ass off at how weak TLR is compared to him given how high into 7-B Gil is, and likely wouldn't resort to his stronger phantasms until it's far too late. Think his fight with Shirou in UBW. Atium precog, speed compounding, bendalloy burning, and even strong enough pushes could help Rashek deal with projectiles from GoB. A strength-compounded punch to Gil's face might shock Gil into using stronger phantasms, but at that point he'd already be in-range for attacks from Rashek, who with speed compounding could land hundreds of hits before Gil releases a regen-negation phantasm.

tl; dr: Gil likely plays himself with overconfidence.

By the time that happens Gil would have a hard time reacting properly due to Speed Compounding.

The NP strength wouldn't really matter at first due to regen/precog regardless.

Thats ... problematic seeing as Gil would blitz normally. Whats the ruling on blitzing characters that would normally do that to you again?

With speed equal it wouldn't really matter unless Gil has speed amps of his own.

That said it already takes a large amount of stored speed to just maintain Hypersonic+, although compounding means sustaining it isn't much of an issue. I'm not entirely sure if TLR can amp to the point where he blitzes but he can certainly make landing hits with GoB fairly hard.

TLR is Mach 17, although theoretically he can increase his speed indefinitly with compounding.

The issue is whether or not TLR has the ability to boost while unequalized considering how much lower he is on the scale compaired to Gil. I'm not really one to judge that so I'll leave that to others.

Can TLR repel stuff while his body is putting itself back together? If so, he could do that after Gil shreds him with the first volley. Allomancy should keep regen negating weapons away and allow him to start speed amping.

The question now, is how fast he burns thorugh the metal repellant seeing as its nothing but magic weapons flying at him? And if he uses enough of the stuff at the start to repel magic weapons seeing as the cost is more then basic metal.

Edit: And by putting his body back together, I mean without his head or gaping holes in his body where he really shouldn't be able to be concsious/alive.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
Compunding plus ~1000 years worth of stored speed should be a blitz.
Ok, so you know how I said that?^^^^^^^^^^^

Multiply it by every ability he has. And each one is it's own pool to pull from.

The healing is legit fast enough that a weapon barreling through his head wouldn't phase him or interrupt his attacks.

I think we should probably mention there is a clear disction between his abilities and start refering to them specifically for those unfamiliar with Mistborn, but I have to leave for my evening shift in a few minutes so it's you move Dargoo, or I'll do it when I get back.

Yeah his amping is Feurochemy, which works on a different principle than Allomancy.

While he could theoretically burn through his Allomantic reserves (although considering the amount of metal he usually has on him that's pretty unlikely even if he's going all out in a fight), burning through his Feurochemical reserves wouldn't happen for a while since he's been storing attributes for millenia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back