• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

TLR vs. Gilgamesh (One More)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
So, this is pretty funny, I'm putting one of the most overpowered Cosmere characters against a heavily restricted Gilgamesh, but this may be interesting nonetheless.

Human Body Gil (Fate/Stay Night) is used. The Lord Ruler has an hour of preparations. The battle takes place on the Shattered Plains on Roshar because I'm reading Stormlight and it's a kickass environment. Speed is equalized, otherwise SBA.

Spears Come out of Me - 1 (Tdtd)

Spears Go into Me - 8 (Apies, Smitt, O.m.nikk, Dragon, Xtas, Phoenix, MYHERO, Schnee)

Incon -

375px-Rashek movie concept
"God cannot be killed. God cannot be overthrown."

ArcherGilgameshStage3
"Behold, and acknowledge your folly."

I know this really isn't the most important question right now, but is Rashek divine enough to be held by Enkidu?

Actually better question, how strongly will Gil's magical metal weapons be affected by LR's pushes?

Also, Atium?

I wouldn't count Rashek as divine without the Well of Ascension. In Fate terms he's just a really powerful human magus.

I think phantasms are more solid mana than metal; although that would equalize with Atium since that's a solid manefestation of Investutire/magic; which means pushes would likely affect Gil's weapons.

Gil has precog so they'd cancel each other out, unless I'm mistaken.

Dargoo Faust said:
I wouldn't count Rashek as divine without the Well of Ascension. In Fate terms he's just a really powerful human magus.
I think phantasms are more solid mana than metal; although that would equalize with Atium since that's a solid manefestation of Investutire/magic; which means pushes would likely affect Gil's weapons.

Gil has precog so they'd cancel each other out, unless I'm mistaken.
I don't know about that. Rashek is a Sliver, that means his soul is expanded to wield a power of god (doesn't have it, but CAN wield it properly). The Well of Ascention was supposed to prepare candidates for Preservation.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
I know this really isn't the most important question right now, but is Rashek divine enough to be held by Enkidu?

Actually better question, how strongly will Gil's magical metal weapons be affected by LR's pushes?

Also, Atium?
If he doesn't have Atium he dies of old age.

+BTW: You better bloodlust him or he will underestimate Gilgamesh very hard.

Szmiit said:
I was more refering to Alomantic Atium, but Dargoo has a point, Gil's precog would make it useless. Gil will start the fight my flinging a butt-load of 7-B weapons right at LR.

If Gil is unarmored and only using his bottom of the barrel weapons, I think its safe to say he is underestimating this guy like hell, ie he restricts his own precog to give LR a chance.

The flying wall of City+ weapons is still happening though.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
Szmiit said:
I was more refering to Alomantic Atium, but Dargoo has a point, Gil's precog would make it useless. Gil will start the fight my flinging a butt-load of 7-B weapons right at LR.
If he has feruchemic Atium why wouldn't he have allomantic? Its the same material, only used diffrently. But yeah, it would only jumble precog.

Based on profile of Gil, for me it seems like it fould end up with a fist fight, when Rashek sees that Gilgamesh can tank hard he compounds strength, weight and speed (for stronger punch not blitzing, speed equalization shouldnt block that) and uses it to overcome his durability.

Since TLR has strong regen I assume he would win, unless Gilgamesh has High-Mid regen.

Still not voting.

If Gil has anti regen weapons, and TLR isn't bloodlusted or terrified(not likely), or aware of Gil's powers then he takes the atack on chest with intention of healing, and pounding Gilgamesh to the ground later, realizes he cant heal and dies. (Mistborn healing is easy to counter magically. Alluminium bullets are enough to counter it because it sucks investiture).

Rashek in character likes to show his opponents that he is "immortal" before killing them. And he doesn't really think anyone can withstand his punches.

Kelsier as Sovergin with prep time is probably a better machup. Rashek isn't a warrior, but a villager that suddenly got God Powers, and doesn't have propper mentality to fight opponent's of his power level.

Gil won't lead with anti regen weapons but once he sees TLR regen, he will immediately switch to them. Does TLR have a way to reliably get close and start punching?

Can't rashek just deflect Gil's weapons with Allomancy considering they're either made of metal or (equalized) investiture?

A combonation of Alomantic Atuim and Feruchemical Steel would allow TLR to blitz dodge everything for a short time and close the distance.

TLR can push hard enough to affect things that carry investiture

Dargoo Faust said:
Can't rashek just deflect Gil's weapons with Allomancy considering they're either made of metal or (equalized) investiture?
There's that too. Both types of steel and Allomantic Atium would make TLR untouchable until the Atium ran out, which might actually take a while considering he has a shit ton of Atium rings. Eating those would be a last resort though.

There is also Atium that he uses for age compounding.

The question is how long before one of them gets serious. I totally see TLR showing off his regen long before atacking seriously.

Once TLR starts using his powers seriously or Gil uses anti-regen it's gg.

Even once Gil uses anti-regen, TLR still as pewter, which would allow him to survive leathel blows long enough to close and amp-attack Gil into powder. I'm honestly leading towards TLR right now. Anti-regen counters Gold healing but pewter isn't regen, just endurence. TLR can also speed and strength amp well beyond Gil's level and if Gil doesn't use precog right off, then Atium hands TLR the win pretty handily.

AnonymousBlank said:
What are the more lethal stuff TLR does with his metals when serious?
His best stuff is compounded Pewter AP and Dura amps and compounded Steel speed amps, both of which would possible out pace Gil

How high can he amp himself because Gil is high end 7-B and can don his armor at a moments notice which tanks City+ attacks without a scratch and Mountain attacks with a few chips.

To the Atium deflection thing above, trying to outlast Gil is a fool's errand seeing as he will just pour on the weapons from all sides if they get deflected which should definitely burn through the rings even faster.

To clarify, TLR gains his abilities by burning (using) his metals and they all burn at a set, but different for each, rate. Gil would need to stall for time to cause Rasheck to run out of metals.

Atium is precog + auto dodging. Gil would need to either overwhelm Rasheck to the point of exactly zero esacpe, to hit Rasheck or run out the time limit which is admitialy short for Atium.

Allomantic Steel, which pushes on metal, actually has a rather long burn time and Fecruchemical Steel is a speed boost, which weaker Fecruchemists can speed blitz with normally, for a short time at least. Resheck should have massive amounts of speed stored up so Blitzing shouldn't be a huge issue.

Those three combined mean Rasheck won't be touched until his Atium runs out, and in an emergency he can just swallow one of his Atium rings and be good for a bit more.

Pewter in both Allomancy and Feruchemy is an AP and Dura boost and he should be able to at least boost to Gil's level. Allomantic Pewter will also allow Racheck to keep fighting even with multiple leathal injureies, but it's not regen.

Now if Gil uses his own precog, then Atium is rendered useless.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
Now if Gil uses his own precog, then Atium is rendered useless.
It still messes with other precogs and amplifies mental speed...

Also remember that f-iron multiplies weight and f-steel multiplies speed, what gives a boost in AP that is easily in hundrets each. So after he recognizes Gil's strength he can definitelly punch through his dura.

(Those are not the standard ones, a-pewter strength and f-pewter multiplier he uses on default)

To be fair an hour of speed and thought compounding would probably have TDR moving faster than Gil can deploy he weapons, although he'd be burning his reserves pretty fast.

Gil activating his precog would just have the Atium precog and his own precog cancelled out.

I'm pretty sure it's just the classic precog battle "if you see someone is going to do something and adjust, and they see that you adjust so they adjust and you see that so you adjust etc etc...". Not a weakness of Atium specifically.

Basically what Monarch said.

Also Rashek can still push away most of Gil's weapons, and he can pull something like Wax's steel bubble to create a sheild around himself which should save him from the initial weapon spam. He can also counter with speed amping with compounding and strength amping into Gil's level.

And to those saying TLR isn't taking Gil seriously; this is in-character Gil we're talking about using his barebones weakest weapons, he's probably thinking Rashek is a joke. That said both of their overconfidence probably makes the battle draw out more.

Bump.

Is anyone here gonna take a side and vote? I'm sort of split on this as it depends on how seriously TLR and Gil take eachother.

So I see that this way:

1) TLR stands and looks menacingly and Gil atacks with a weak atack.

2) Atack goes through, but TLR shows off his regen.

3) TLR Pewter-Punches. Gil gets bloody nose and he pulls out anti-regen weapon because he surelly isn't THAT stupid.

4) Gil slashes TLR, TLR does nothing again, and says "You never learn" with a smile.

5) TLR realizes his healing doesn't work and dies.

Did I misscharacterized Gilgamesh, or is it accurate?

Consider it a Gil vote for that moment.

You forgot the part where TLR pushes Gil's weapon out of his hand faster than Gil can react with speed compounding, although I'm not sure how his confidence would play into how likely he would do that.

Or just ragdolls Gil with pushes/pulls using minute metal around or on him.

I mean, he gets to show it off once when Gil chucks the first weapon at him, I'd assume he'd move in for the kill after that seeing how powerful Gil's weapons are.

Atium precog would at least allow him to understand that Gil has a regen-negating weapon as Gil likely won't immediatly look into the future due to confidence.

He once just stood in a burning building to show that he can heal from only skeleton. There wasn't a single time in books after he became TLR when I remember him taking initiative in any situation. If he was a little woried I think he would surely win. But I don't have a verry good opinion about his character.

Like I said Gil wouldn't activate his precog immediatly, and a couple of seconds is more than enough time for TLR to understand that Gil has weapons that can negate his regen. He's cocky, sure, but if he looks into the future and sees his wounds not healing he'll pull out all his stops.

I am also not the best judge of Rashek's character as I read the original trilogy a number of years ago and don't remember a crazy amount from it, so if someone who is more familiar explain what his actions would likely be I'm all ears.

• Ninjad.
But OK, I see him pushing away his weapons.

IDK about atium tho... Electrum would show his body not regening, but not Atium, and he doesn't use that.

I guess that after seeing Gil tanking pewter punch he could get annoyed and start multiplying AP...

And he IS a terrisman, he would likely reach for speed.

So I guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuess I change vote for TLR...

I'm still iffy about that tho.

I'm iffy as well, as Gil getting serious would probably mean too much weapon spam for speed compounding and pushes to work around.

I'll start counting though.

TLR - 1 (Szmiit)

Going off the profile for the lord ruler

1. He can only see 4 seconds into the future with his precog

2. Unless I missed it he won't be able to push gils weapons as they aren't metal and I didn't see anything about him being able to push or pull any non metal objects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back