• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tiering System Revisions - Part 4 (Staff Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Characters who'd be categorized into Low 1-A , who are they? I cannot differentiate between H1-B & L1-A honestly.

I seem to recall Marvel High 1-Bs have uncountable infinities though.

[I]Agnaa said:
[/I]

Here's some more uncountably infinite verses: Discworld, Twin Peaks, Marvel, Manifold, Dark Tower, Elder Scrolls, as well as SCP that I mentioned earlier

Apparently verses where infinite-dimensional levels are irrelevant but they're not outerversal would qualify for this, and so they may not need to specify "uncountably infinite".

@Agnaa Ahh, thank you. So basically more like High High 1-B instead of 1-A then. Okay. Then Low '1-A' can still be versus'd then.

Dark Tower , huh. They only have one High 1-B right now. They do have infinitely increasing levels alright , according to characters' statements anyway.

HellKnight6666 said:
@Agnaa what would it even take for a whole cast to be high 1-A anyway. I don't see how that'll work
They'd probably have a set of seemingly normal characters, then bring them through some process of ascension that takes them all to High 1-A levels.

@Agnaa Does see other outerversal character as fiction count as 1 transcendence or infinite transcendence? Because if the latter there Will be so many 1-A+ and High 1-A as well as 0, im not only talking about daimao, but character like The presence, there is so many outerversal character who see another outerversal character as fiction.

Yeah, a Tier 1-A character seeing another Tier 1-A character as fiction is just a higher degree of Tier 1-A so the tier is not 1-A+, High 1-A, or 0 without more proper contexts.

MYHERO said:
I thought we went over how overrated it is perceiving something as fiction.
Yeah, i see so many people overrated that, on 1-A hierarchies thats is not impressive at all

GLHF22 said:
@Agnaa Does see other outerversal character as fiction count as 1 transcendence or infinite transcendence? Because if the latter there...
Depends on the context on what it means to transcend in that way IMO. Most of the time it would be closer to 1 level of transcendence since the character would be established to view the other transcendent character as fiction and just leave it at that, meaning that the character is just transcendent to the other in just that one metric. In the case when it is clearly described that the level of transcendence is infinite or is in such a way that transcends the other in the same way they transcend anything with dimensional boundaries, then yea it may qualify.

TL;DR 1 level most of the time, but can be infinite if described clearly enough.

Serious question, how can you call something transcendence if the person doesn't see the lower as fiction/illusion/etc?

Or rather, what is the criteria for someone to transcend another?

It's primarily more about greater infinite sizes than straight up transcendence, really. Trascending another 1-A character is just a way for you to be equated to a higher infinity, and is probably the most common one.

If the Unwritten god tiers are going to be upgraded to High 1-A then I can probably make a blog explaining its cosmology, or help in revising it. I have a lot of unused Unwritten scans in my comicvine account.

GLHF22 said:
@Agnaa Does see other outerversal character as fiction count as 1 transcendence or infinite transcendence? Because if the latter there Will be so many 1-A+ and High 1-A as well as 0, im not only talking about daimao, but character like The presence, there is so many outerversal character who see another outerversal character as fiction.
It's a terrible idea to generalize stuff like this.

Like Ultima and I have said getting to HIgh 1-A and 0 isn't dependant on this.

Well, I still think that we should count most cases of perceiving another 1-A character as fiction as just one level of transcendence, but I am not the best person to ask.

Also, regarding Marvel. It is more about me finding it completely incoherent, inconsistent, and confusing (basically downright schizophrenic) in terms of powerscaling (and largely otherwise as well), so I am not sure how we should tier it in a genuinely reliable manner.

@matthew

Can you explain the condition to achieve High 1-A or 0?, Or do you mean that the difference between reality-fiction is not the only way to become High 1-A and 0 ?.

I just see you answer very vague.

Well, since there are so many subcategories (low 1-A, 1-A, 1-A+, high 1-A and so on) for tier 1 can 1-A, 1-B and 1-C have their own separate category page? Otherwise it'll be insanely difficult to navigate the tier 1 category if all the tier 1 charecters are listed on a single page, so please consider this.

I don't think that's necessary. It's not like there's going to be vastly more characters under outerversal - things will basically be the same when using the tier 1 category. Drawing a few more lines doesn't make the lineless category navigation any harder.

I know but it'll make finding say, a high 1-A or a 1-A+ character much easier. Considering how diverse the sub categories will be, I don't really see a problem. But once again in the end, it is upto the admins/bureaucrats and the community to decide.

Nekron2 said:
Well, since there are so many subcategories (low 1-A, 1-A, 1-A+, high 1-A and so on) for tier 1 can 1-A, 1-B and 1-C have their own separate category page? Otherwise it'll be insanely difficult to navigate the tier 1 category if all the tier 1 charecters are listed on a single page, so please consider this.
No. That's a bad idea.

Well, there aren't that many Tier 1 pages, and separate "Tier 1-A" and "Tier 1-B & 1-C" categories seem silly naming-wise. Not to mention that our wiki navigation bar can only handle up to 10 entries per folder. Hence, we would have to not feature Tier 9 if we split Tier 1 in two.

Ok, then. Also, I know many people have already said to not say "are we there yet" but from what I could understand (from this thread at least) is that the tiering system revision has been finalised, so, why isn't anyone applying these changes to the tiering page itself?

Nekron2 said:
Ok, then. Also, I know many people have already said to not say "are we there yet" but from what I could understand (from this thread at least) is that the tiering system revision has been finalised, so, why isn't anyone applying these changes to the tiering page itself?
Because the relevant pages still need to be rewritten.

Oh, ok, then. So, what about the tier 1 revisions of specific franchises? For example, will there be a thread for marvel addressing which tier 1 character will be assigned low 1-A, which charcters will be assigned 1-A and so-on?

Probably, yes. I am not sure if there will be separate threads, or start with a single one though. It may turn too chaotic with several at once.

I believe having separate threads will be the wiser choice as that way the discussion will remain focused and members interested in a franchise will be able to properly voice their opinions. Right now, I just hope Ultima manages to finish the job.

I think it's better to have all the Tier 1 characters at unknown for now and then the knowledgeble people on those characters/verses can create CRTs for the new tierings of the characters (a separate thread for each Tier 1 verse would be best, as a single thread for all the T1 verses would just be the definition of chaos).

edit: seems that I got ninjaed, lol

Yep, you were, 1-A wise ;). The Ninja was strong in this one (since it was in the OP lmao).

Ultima Reality said:
Although, there are many ways in which what I proposed can be done, for instance, Dvorak1902 suggested that we downgrade all Tier 0 characters to Baseline 1-A and have people knowledgeable on the verse they're from make Context Revision Threads if they think the characters in question deserve a higher rating, and the same applies to the lower tiers, I guess. Given what I suggested above, I don't think this could be done 100% faithfully to the original idea, but the thing about knowledgeable users making CRTs to "upgrade" characters they believe deserve a higher tier seems fair.

It is probably best if we return this thread to being mainly staff only. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back