• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier of this character: the Star Maker

Sandman31

VS Battles
Retired
I'm planning on makinga page for the Star Maker from Olaf Stapledon's Sci-Fi novel of the same name.

Right now I think he should 1-A, maybe even at least 1-A but since its a pretty high tier I think that I should first consult everyone what they think about it.

This a pretty lengthy blog I made explaining the Star Maker and his feats

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Sandman31/The_Star_Maker_Explanation

1-A is probably fine, but our demands for "At least 1-A" are extreme. However, it is best to wait for more informed staff input.

@Ant

Well, everyone seems to think that he could be At least 1-A, including Azathoth, Matthew, ProspectX and me

Well, I suppose that should probably be fine then.

****, its as if someone had read description of type iv multiverse and decided to go full crazy with it.

yeah, at least 1-A sounds about right.

at least now we have poster boy for 'very high variety of multiverse'.

I definitely think the Star Maker could be "At least 1-A".

I just don't know if it should be, since that particular tier itself comes with some extensive explaining and doesn't always make a lot of sense when you have to compare it to 1-As from other verses.

To clarify though, the thing is still solid 1-A, regardless.

So what tier should he have?

I think he should have two keys

The creative mode and the Ultimate Spirit

All of the feats above, including the creation of the hierarchy of creations and the Ultimate Cosmos were only created by the creative mode, the Ultimate Spirit was conceived when the Star Maker came together with the Ultimate Cosmos.

It's confusing though, the Ultimate Spirit is the "ultimate flower" brought forth by the union of the Star Maker and its creation. The Ultimate Spirit came into existence after the end of everything yet it also is the cause of everything

Its a "the ultimate flower is the primal seed" thing

Sandman31 said:
It's confusing though, the Ultimate Spirit is the "ultimate flower" brought forth by the union of the Star Maker and its creation. The Ultimate Spirit came into existence after the end of everything yet it also is the cause of everything
Yeah, this type of thing is pretty typical for "totally beyond creation so it doesn't need to follow conventional rules" types of entities.

Probably just put it at "1-A" to be safe, as it is undoubtedly this tier (which is also a tier that sort of...can go on endlessly) and then doesn't have to deal with the issues of a sub-tier we can't fully define, yet.

What do you need to be in order to qualify for At least 1-A? The only At least 1-A character that I know of in this wiki is Shub-Niggurath

1. We haven't really defined that, yet.

2. Is she still? She was supposed to become "1-A" specifically because we haven't really set up specifications for "At least 1-A". (She also needs a few other minor changes, as "most powerful" isn't really a thing for Outer Gods. They don't compare based on things like "power".)

Well, there are a few spelling errors, but I can fix them later, so that should be fine, yes.

I am not the right person to ask about such issues. Or at least not when I am in a distracted state of mind, which is my usual condition nowadays.

It probably is. Given that all the cosmos we saw are just a single example of a myriadfold-class and there's a hierarchy of Creation where each cosmos is greater than the previous ones.

You can politely ask Azathoth to comment here via his message wall.

I've done so

If even a single cosmos is 1-A then it could probably lead to an upgrade because of hierarchy and stuff. If not then the profile still needs to be modified

High 1-A is, at the very least, as far above a 1-A as they are above a tier 11-C, so I do not think that an upgrade is necessary.

If a single cosmos is 1-A then the Creative Mode Star Maker would be responsible for the creation of an infinite hierarchy of 1-A cosmoses and the Ultimate Cosmos which transcends them. The Ultimate Spirit is incomparably greater than the Creative Mode Star Maker as the Creative Mode Star Maker is only an atom of its infinite potentiality

Okay. Let's wait for Azathoth before applying such an extreme tier though.

1-A is undeniable. I don't think "At least 1-A" should even be a thing to begin with, so I won't comment there.

@Sera

Thank you for your input, I was wondering if any of his creation could be 1-A because this could probably bump him into a higher tier because of the existence of a hierarchy of creations, Ultimate Cosmos and Ultimate Spirit

The best candidate I think is this cosmos

"Sometimes the Star Maker fashioned a cosmos which was without any single, objective, physical nature. Its creatures were wholly without influence on one another; but under the direct stimulation of the Star Maker each creature conceived an illusory but reliable and useful physical world of its own, and peopled it with figments of its imagination. These subjective worlds the mathematical genius of the Star Maker correlated in a manner that was perfectly systematic"

Ok, will do.

Anyway, the hierarchy of creations was mentioned here.

All the cosmos that was shown in the book, each of it was only an example of a myriad-fold class

"Every cosmos that I had hitherto observed now turned out to be a single example of a myriad-fold class, like a biological species, or the class of all the atoms of a single element. The internal life of each "atomic" cosmos had seemingly the same kind of relevance (and the same kind of irrelevance) to the life of the ultimate cosmos as the events within a brain cell, or in one of its atoms, to the life of a human mind. Yet in spite of this huge discrepancy I seemed to sense throughout the whole dizzying hierarchy of creations a striking identity of spirit. In all, the goal was conceived, in the end, to include community and the lucid and creative mind."

There are infinitely diversified cosmos with each one being less comprehensible and greater than the last

"In vain my fatigued, my tortured attention strained to follow the increasingly subtle creations which, according to my dream, the Star Maker conceived. Cosmos after cosmos issued from his fervent imagination, each one with a distinctive spirit infinitely diversified, each in its fullest attainment more awakened than the last; but each one less comprehensible to me".

I must not say more of the immense diversity of physical form which, according to my dream, the early creations assumed. It is enough to mention that, in general, each cosmos was more complex, and in a sense more voluminous than the last

The cosmology also contains some metafiction as one of the cosmos created by the Star Maker contains "our world"

"The cosmos which he now created was that which contains the readers and the writer of this book."

I still agree that 1-A is a certainty.

I don't think High 1-A/0 is well enough supported yet (though I don't think such a thing would be impossible), and I still think "At least 1-A" really doesn't make sense/hasn't been properly defined.

Okay. Thank you for the input.

I think that we have settled for 1-A then, although The Star Maker page can obviously be updated with the new information.

Ok

@Azathoth

What do you think of the Hierarchy of Creations? is it legit or nah?

@Sandman

I'd probably want to wait to properly analyze it as a whole when I'm less tired, if that's cool with you. Just not the kind of thing that's understood with a passing glance.

Back