• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is it possible for a civilization to have a certain tier via the number of soldiers alone?

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
So, I have recently started playing swarm simulator, which is a game about raising a giant army of giant insects.

And that made me think: Is it possible to have so many combatants that the number alone grants a certain tier?

Like, let's say one creature has a volume of 1 m^3. If you have 10^50 of those, you have such a large army that by its volume alone you could fill up the entirety of the solar system. Fairly sure if gravity does its job the way it should, a ball of that size would immediately collapse into a black hole at that.

So, would that provide a tier or is that too many shenanigans?

Last edited:
I'm not entirely sure how that would work. I know we should get Civilization type and Kardashev level from it; but unsure about a tier unless we specify "In Large Collections."

I am not sure you can get Civilizaiton type from number of soldiers alone, though you could get Conquest level for how big the territory the organization the army serves to estimate said size and such.

for me, apart from the Kardashev scale, I make my own list of civilization tier based on human history accomplishments, like stone age all the way to digital age, all the way to sci-fi FTL capabilities and such.

Like, let's say one creature has a volume of 1 m^3. If you have 10^50 of those, you have such a large army that by its volume alone you could fill up the entirety of the solar system. Fairly sure if gravity does its job the way it should, a ball of that size would immediately collapse into a black hole at that.
I'd say it depends on if that is actually a valid, canon tactic or if that's just the result of conjecture and hypotheticals.

Don't we have a tier for the U.S. Army? Maybe its not the same as what youre asking.

Wiping out sextillions of soldiers at once would certainly be a feat that's calcable.

The soldiers themselves can dish out a large amount of fire power that could fill up a volume of space assuming said fire power is something like bullets or arrows. taking such volumes so calcing KE would be pretty neat.

If the attacks are too spread out then the force of the attack is distributed in separate areas.

so in my opinion civilizations are only tierable if they attack all at once or if theyre blown up all at once.

I'd say it depends on if that is actually a valid, canon tactic or if that's just the result of conjecture and hypotheticals.
Well, canonical tactic in which sense?
Do they canonically form a solar system sized ball that collapses into a black hole? No.
Do they canonically swarm an opponent with huge numbers? Yes.

Back