• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier High 3-A Division

RadicalMrR

VS Battles
Retired
So I think we should divide the High 3-A tier into

High 3-A:Characters have infinite 3 D power.

High 3-A+:Characters who have a small amount of 4 D power.

Here are the reasons I think this is more convenient

We use the "+" to differentiate the lower and high end of the tier and the gap between infinite 3 D power and any amount of 4 D power is immeasurable.

If this does go through it wouldn't be that big a revision since like only a couple of guys are even in this tier.

I understand the reasoning but I'm on the fence.

I am uncertain, so I will ask DarkLK.

However, we would need a list of characters that would qualify for High 3-A+.

DarkLK said that he is okay with it.

However, as I mentioned, we would need somebody to assemble a list of characters rhat qualify, and to modify their ratings, and I am going on vacation tomorrow, so we would have to do it quickly.

Okay. Since I am short on time, I will modify the tiering system page now, but somebody else will have to perform the edits to relevant character pages.

Also, just to clarify, this makes Someone with a small amount of 4-D power = a 4-D being that is not universal in scale yes?

Hmm. I just came to think of that this is not practically feasible, given that if we call "High 3-A+" as "High Universe level+", it sounds like a higher ranking than "Low 2-C"/"Universe level+".

I suppose that we could only give the tier a + sign, without the attack potency receiving the same benefit, but it would look weird.

Well, maybe I could try to make a note of that only the tier should receive a + sign, but I would prefer more staff input first.

Carmen Sandiego is another candidate for High 3-A+, not sure if anyone's mentioned her yet.

I personally think it be a good touch that'll help distinguish the two different halves of the tier.

I think dividing High 3-A into two complicates things, and I also don't wanna change the name of the Tier. People will know which High 3-A is stronger reading the pages and understanding the Tiering System.

We don't really need to change the name and it helps with consistency with other tiers. Most new users have a hard time understanding the whole 4D and 3D power thing by putting them both in the same tier that only causes more confusion.

Well, the problem isn't the concept of separating them as such. The problem is that, from a practical standpoint, we cannot call the tier "High Universe level+", for obvious reasons.

I could, however, mention in the tiering system page that 4-D power should logically always be superior to countably infinite 3-D power.

Really not a fan of this. Disagree. Don't agree with the logic. The system was very much fine as is. Any amount of 4D should fall within Tier 2. Whether is a 4th physical or a temporal dimension, it is vastly superior in qunatifiable power to anything strictly three dimensional.

Yes, but we were out of tiers, so we had to cram them together. I have now noted that there is a massive difference in the tiering system page, however.

Back