• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier High 1-A vs. Tier 0 Poll

IvoryAS said:
If 1-A and 0 are anywhere near eachother, how is the Primal Monitior different from the Writer in Power?

Just wondering.┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»
They aren't, however it's impossible to make that same claim for anything outside of that verse.

Also 1-A is staying the same, only High 1-A and 0 are changing.

Dargoo Faust said:
IvoryAS said:
If 1-A and 0 are anywhere near eachother, how is the Primal Monitior different from the Writer in Power?

Just wondering.┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»
They aren't, however it's impossible to make that same claim for anything outside of that verse.
Also 1-A is staying the same, only High 1-A and 0 are changing.
How is Primal Monitor not more powerful than The-One-Above-All?

Fanboy rage kicks i

Well Tier 0's getting removed, which is the only time Omnipotence was a power. The page would probably stay as it's a good explanation anyway.

After thinking about it, I say we get rid of High 1-A. It just seems very...trite at the end of the day. Someone being in High 1-A just kind of makes me shrug, mainly due to the fact that once you get into tier 1 the scale is so crazy that having this one little word to mark a difference doesn't seem to cut it.

Now saying that someone is Tier 0? That just immediately grabs my attention.

Agnaa said:
Well Tier 0's getting removed, which is the only time Omnipotence was a power. The page would probably stay as it's a good explanation anyway.
I mean, removing Omnipotence seems to be misguided. Now I'm completely aware of the whole debacle that continuing to host Omnipotence as a valid power on this wiki would entail, but removing Omnipotence would render one of the most imperative tenets of fiction defunct.

The author, is in essence, an Omnipotent being from the perspective of those within the story of which they write. The author births the logic of which their world runs upon, and should they contradict it, their world shall continue to function, even in spite of the flagrant disregard for the priorly established rules. Authors decide the ultimate outcome of their work, and can make their characters engage in any act, even should it go against priorly established character?

Writers within the real world are the only Tier Zero.... from the perspective of the fiction of which they write (since they are birthing that very work, and bear control over that of which exists within it).

Personally, I feel like Omnipotence should remain as a power on this wiki, albeit reserved solely for examples of author avatars (since the author is the only true omnipotent from the perspective of their fiction, and having an omnipotent of which is separate from the author WITHIN that particular work is fundamentally impossible, as the very actions of the "in-story" omnipotent are being determined by the "out-of-story" omnipotent.

Then again, considering my lowly rank on this forums, feel free to disregard my counterargument entirely

Addenum: I failed to mention this in my original version of my post, but I suppose their is a means by which a character can supersede the powers bore by an author. Such of course being that your author bears such an emotional attachment to the character in question, that they cannot by any means write said character into a horrible demise or othersuch circumstance.

Kuroiha said:
SwathingDegenera777 said:
Then again, considering my lowly rank on this forums, feel free to disregard my counterargument entirely
Unless I'm mistaken, we don't have a social hiearchy on this wiki.
Serious answer: Isn't the WHOLE point of this thread community input?

Joke answer: Your opinion doesn't matter, move along.

Uh... What?

Staff are there to do their jobs.

No offense, but they aren't more special because they hold more responsibility than normal users.

Content Mods make sure pages are up-to-date and looks nice.

Discussion Mods make sure discussions are friendly and civilized.

Admins are the above two combined.

I made this thread as, at the very least, the community should have a choice in desisions that are superficial, like the name of a redefined tier.

Even then there should always be a sister thread for the regular users if there is a staff discussion thread on something important. As long as it's civil, ideas should be shared and taken into account.

Kuroiha said:
Uh... What?

Staff are there to do their jobs.

No offense, but they aren't more special because they hold more responsibility than normal users.

Content Mods make sure pages are up-to-date and looks nice.

Discussion Mods make sure discussions are friendly and civilized.

Admins are the above two combined.
Wow no mention of chat mods or calc group ;_;

I personally voted to keep High 1-A and ditch Tier 0 for the sake of keeping the tiers numerically descending while being limited to the positives and to prevent the addition of an entire tier for a sub-group.

Tier 0 is basically an extension of 1-A. Tier 0 is our tier that has no subtiers and is just... there. No 0-C or anything else. Of course this level of detachment implies a unique level of power to them, which I'm sure some people like, but I personally want to have a system where all tiers are universally formatted without "0" or "infinity".

Assaltwaffle said:
I personally voted to keep High 1-A and ditch Tier 0 for the sake of keeping the tiers numerically descending while being limited to the positives and to prevent the addition of an entire tier for a sub-group.
Tier 0 is basically an extension of 1-A. Tier 0 is our tier that has no subtiers and is just... there. No 0-C or anything else. Of course this level of detachment implies a unique level of power to them, which I'm sure some people like, but I personally want to have a system where all tiers aren't universally formatted without "0" or "infinity".
I agree with both this and the fact that keep tier 0 seems smart too.

I vote for Tier 0 for Ploz's reasons.

Also we shouldn't use Omnipotence as a power. It's a extremely NLF and innaplicable across fiction due to the Omnipotence Paradox. No matter even if the author and the characters or guidebooks claims X character is omnipotent, you can't get omnipotence as a power. I could elaborate more.

@Matt it does. It's why people are very confused, it should be stated that tier 0 is only surpassable by fellow tier 0s maybe? Idk how to explain.

I didn't see the new definitions or why it was changed, but I'm guessing it has to do with a character being supremely all-powerful is always a questionable thing. So I voted High 1-A since it better implies that it's not all powerful. It being a subset of 1-A is simply more fitting.

Edit: I just now read the thread about the issues with tier 0. My response still remains the same.

I'm for changing all High 1-As to 0. It just feels off that the most powerful entities on this site are in the same league as other 1-As.

And I feel like the tiering system is a little empty and incomplete without a 0.

Back