• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't a lot of the calculations in the OP rejected by multiple people?

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Aren't a lot of the calculations in the OP rejected by multiple people?
The reasoning basically everyone rejected them is because "non-canon" and "outlier", and these indeed fall into those categories. That's why they're discussing of making a new profile.

And I recall Sera saying the Anime versions aren't original enough to warrant alternate profiles.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
And I recall Sera saying the Anime versions aren't original enough to warrant alternate profiles.
This is not about the anime tho, Boruto anime is considered canon. This is about a light novel.

Oh yeah, Boruto does have some things more in line for how DB Super worked from what I recalled.

Basically, the novel of Boruto's film is not considered canonical here, although the Jump considers it as part of the chronology of the novels, that is, it is an official content but with a different plot in relation to the anime / manga, so the intention here is to create a new profile.

Well, we couldn't create profile for the anime versions. Anime has a lot of different things like fillers and new arcs and we couldn't create profiles anyway.

Why should we create a profile for Momo where only his AP change and he gain some new abilities?

The reasoning basically everyone rejected them is because "non-canon" and "outlier", and these indeed fall into those categories. That's why they're discussing of making a new profile.

How's it outlier if I proved it's consistent

M3X said:
Well, we couldn't create profile for the anime versions. Anime has a lot of different things like fillers and new arcs and we couldn't create profiles anyway.

Why should we create a profile for Momo where only his AP change and he gain some new abilities?
Its more than warranted

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
A bare few abilities and a different tier don't seem like enough to me, is barely different.
It also has some plot differences and resides in a different continuity, so there's that as well

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
A bare few abilities and a different tier don't seem like enough to me, is barely different.
Kinshiki is taken out by Naruto and saskue

Boruto's father son Rasengan disappears

Momoshiki gets absolute zero

Momoshiki gets time space creation

Momoshiki gets mftl

Kaguya get 4-A

Momoshiki gets 4-A

Statements show Naruto and Saskue scale

Sunlight is seen in momoshiki's dimension

Gaara possibly Naruto and saskue get absolute zero resistance

Sasuke's Rinnegan had several sciences to it, and one of them was pattern recognition. It helped him analyse patterns inside codes, and by comparing them to similar patterns, decipher what was written.

Kinshiki is taken out by Naruto and saskue

Boruto's father son Rasengan disappears

Momoshiki gets absolute zero

Momoshiki gets time space creation

Momoshiki gets mftl

Kaguya get 4-A

Momoshiki gets 4-A

Statements show Naruto and Saskue scale

Sunlight is seen in momoshiki's dimension

No Urashiki or any of the stuff the anime added either

All of the stuff that you listed that has nothing to do with Momoshiki matters squat.

This is a profile for Novel Momoshiki. The number of details as a whole from the novel is utterly meaningless, how different Momoshiki's profile is from Canon Momoshiki is what matters. 2 abilities and a new tier is far from any big difference.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
All of the stuff that you listed that has nothing to do with Momoshiki matters squat.

This is a profile for Novel Momoshiki. The number of details as a whole from the novel is utterly meaningless, how different Momoshiki's profile is from Canon Momoshiki is what matters. 2 abilities and a new tier is far from any big difference.
Most people agreed that these differences are enough to warrant the profile.

Different abilities, tier, story, and even character design lol. All that's not enough for you? Does he need to change his name too lol? I mean come on...

From what i've read, there is no enough distinction between the Novels and the other medias to be warrant of a new profile. i mean a lot of our characters who have both anime and manga profile have completly differents setting and continuity, not only power, but the very plot, and the other stuff the media is made of need to be differents. Sailor Moo is a good exemple

This really is a similar situation to DB imo. Yea they follow the same general plot but with some differences in power, events and feats, and continuity discrepancies.

WeNotCensored said:
Going from 5C to 4A isn't a big difference?
We don't make profiles from the exact same character just because he is stronger or faster, but mostly if he deserve it by having enough content different from his canon self, we don't make every different profile between VN and manga/anime or other media from the same characters despite some difference.

UchihaSlayer96 said:
LSirLancelotDuLacl said:

Most people agreed that these differences are enough to warrant the profile.
Different abilities, tier, story, and even character design lol. All that's not enough for you? Does he need to change his name too lol? I mean come on...
His character design doesn't actually get described in the Novel i don't think they just call him an Orge or something but consider its the Movie Novel i guess you can just say he has that design if you wanted

It was already mostly accepted to create the profile, but if it's going to cause issues then I don't see why a Novel Key wouldn't work.

UchihaSlayer96 said:
This really is a similar situation to DB imo. Yea they follow the same general plot but with some differences in power, events and feats, and continuity discrepancies.
I still don't get how they can consider the other LN canon because of that timeline but not this one or how they consider the Anime Canon when it also has story discrepancies

If anything it should just be that the events differ but the feats are still a valid representation of the characters

I still don't get how they can consider the other LN canon because of that timeline but not this one or how they consider the Anime Canon when it also has story discrepancies

If anything it should just be that the events differ but the feats are still a valid representation of the characters

Tbh I agree. Canon source material needs to be acknowledged in some way we can't just ignore its existence. Whether that's in the form, profile, key, or upgrade I honestly don't care. But we can't pretend like it doesn't exist or isn't canon according to SJ.

The Causality said:
We don't make profiles from the exact same character just because he is stronger or faster, but mostly if he deserve it by having enough content different from his canon self, we don't make every different profile between VN and manga/anime or other media from the same characters despite some difference.
If this is true then then this means OP is gonna rejected. can someone make a decision?

I fail to see where and when and by who it was accepted. Astral doesn't agree with it, Damage doesn't agree with it, M3X certainly doesn't agree with it as you can see right above.

And yes, a different tier and a different speed with barely 2 extra powers is a stupidly small amount of stuff.

Have you actually seen the DBZ vs the DB profiles? They are completely different scaling chains for multiple keys, and a rather big number of added abilities. By this logic, we should have a few dozen superman and batman keys for the minimum differences in alternative comic stories.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:

Your not getting it these are differences like that of dbs manga and anime.

Did you read the last thread? damage and astral we're fine with it And even incline to another profile If we're only talking about momoshiki he:

Has absolute zero

He has time space creation

4-A feat

Mftl speed feat

He's absorbing and reflecting jutsu is several instead of double, this means 3 or more times

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Eh. I don't agree at all that it is enough.

But I guess if the others wanna go for it, do whatever you care I guess.
How much do I need then? because I'm sure it's enough. There's most likely other feats and differences.

I don't think there's any defined number, just has to be different enough.

The example of DBZ anime and manga was brought up, but like...

The scaling across multiple keys is different, what they scale to is different, the speed is different, the lifting strength is different, the weaknesses are different, and Goku has about 4 or 5 added abilities plus some other added resistances.

I may just be inflexible about this, but I just don't feel personally satisfied with that much for Momo. But if the others accepted it, my opinion can't do much unless they were to agree with me which I doubt. Only issue after that is the calcs, as M3X mentioned.

The example of DBZ anime and manga was brought up, but like...

I'm talking about dbs' manga and anime

The scaling across multiple keys is different, what they scale to is different

The scaling for the keys preposed here are different, For Naruto, saskue and kaguya. Their speed and ap would be drastically higher.

the speed is different

Yh so would it be for this

the lifting strength is different

Not sure about this

the weaknesses are different

Yh momoshiki was caught of guard in this version

Goku has about 4 or 5 added abilities plus some other added resistances.

Has absolute zero

He has time space creation

4-A feat

Mftl speed feat

He's absorbing and reflecting jutsu is several instead of double, this means 3 or more times

Absolute zero resistance

my opinion can't do much unless they were to agree with me which I doubt.

Ok

Only issue after that is the calcs, as M3X mentioned.

I've sent them for evaluation there seems to be no problem regardless they don't even require calcs

Momoshiki and kaguya can create parallel dimensions with starry skys Momoshiki drains chakra from beyond it in a very short timeframe, etc.

How it is not an super outlier?

also you should post some more context for an upgrade of this magnitude and you should post the raw and a multilingual member should evaluate them, since the kanji of planet and star are similar and can create issues.

Futher more the link you posted isn't even accepted.

Tyri456 said:

also you should post some more context for an upgrade of this magnitude and you should post the raw and a multilingual member should evaluate them, since the kanji of planet and star are similar and can create issues.

Wouldn't that simply only scale to the strongest? If there is nothing contradicting it, like stonger character (of which there are none) having only far inferior feats or anti-feat, then I don't see how it would be an outlier. Is there a contradiction I don't know about?

Tyri456 said:

This has nothing to do with that did not read the prior thread?

Wouldn't that simply only scale to the strongest? If there is nothing contradicting it, like stonger character (of which there are none) having only far inferior feats or anti-feat, then I don't see how it would be an outlier. Is there a contradiction I don't know about?

No

Tyri456 said:

The Kanji for Sun is a different Kanji than the one for Planet/ Star

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back