• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@100th Hokage; it is definitely not canon.

There's a reason we haven't been using that novel ever since the manga came out.

You can't have both the manga and the novel be both canon. They contradict each other.

Damage3245 said:
@100th Hokage; it is definitely not canon.

There's a reason we haven't been using that novel ever since the manga came out.

You can't have both the manga and the novel be both canon. They contradict each other.
The point is both are still officially acknowledged, its not my fault this makes no sense . All it means it there different continuities call it what you will. But it hasn't been retconned because even after the release of the anime arc for it, the novel is still acknowledged.

100th Hokage said:
Actually this website uses feats from Naruto resuden as canon since it on the sj official timeline and depicted on the same time line as the movie novelisation so it is canon it just differs to manga/anime. The Boruto Ninja Directory also considers both vaild.
This can be concidered as canon by the some sources but are concidered as non canon here, and for the abvious reason brough by you and many other on this thread, they have differences and contradict each other in some ways, so no, the site don't concider the other sources as canon and you can see in the profiles that it don't use the infos from the movie since it contradict the other source the profile use.

@damage @Causality

no offence but u guys/me/anyone don't have the right to say its non-canon

when its in the official timeline

unless now wiki accepts fans word/opinion above publisher own words/official timeline

This site can be concidered as canon by the some sources but are concidered as non canon here, and for the abvious reason brough by you and many other on this thread, they have differences and contradict each other in some ways, so no, the site don't concider the other sources as canon and you can see in the profiles that it don't use the infos from the movie since it contradict the other source the profile use.

Thats the point lol, thats what was discussed in the previous thread. If theses differences exist a new key or profile was needed. I'm not saying add it to the main profile.

The anime contradicts the manga as well and its still considered canon on here the fact of the matter is its officially source material by the author of Boruto still considered by him to be valid so it should be acknowledged in some way

@Omimi the movie can be concidered as canon by the author, but the site don't concidere two sources that contradict each other as canon, the profile are made on the puropse of separate the"main" source the site want to use to the other i didn't say "i think it's non canon" but more "the site settings make the other sources non canon"

NotCensored said:
The anime contradicts the manga as well and its still considered canon on here the fact of the matter is its officially source material by the author of Boruto still considered by him to be valid so it should be acknowledged in some way
I dunno maybe a different key or profile will solve this issue? Maybe someone should suggest that lol

The Causality said:
@Omimi the movie can be concidered as canon by the author, but the site don't consider two sources that contradict each other as canon, the profile are made on the puropse of separate the"main" source the site want to use to the other i didn't say "i think it's non canon" but more "the site settings make the other sources non canon"
The movie was retconned an not referred/acknowledged as canon post anime. So no.

As far as canonically speaking it not longer matters. However the boruto movie novelisation. sj timeline and the bnd UPDATED STILL DO ACKNOWLEDGE IT AS CANON

The Causality said:
@Omimi the movie can be concidered as canon by the author, but the site don't concidere two sources that contradict each other as canon, the profile are made on the puropse of separate the"main" source the site want to use to the other i didn't say "i think it's non canon" but more "the site settings make the other sources non canon"
The policy on canon for the site makes no mention of this it just says when theres a contradict between a similar feat or event you differ to the primary canon none of the feats here need to differ to the primary canon because it only exists in the Novel

The generally agreed-upon definition is that the work by the original author and creator of the fictional setting is canonical, unless the author or the copyright holder declares otherwise. Few other exceptions are also possible and should be noted on the verse page.

The primary canon is the source material first released (with few possible exceptions), with the other author works being secondary cano.

When different source materials give different versions of the same feat, and by that they contradict each other in the depiction of the feat, the primary canon takes precedence over the secondary cano.

If the feat is correctly depicted over multiple canons any of these can be used to judge the feat. Should different results be reached by judging the feat through multiple canons, the result of the primary canon will have priority.

So for most manga series, that means the original manga is canonical, while the anime is not (since the anime is simply an adaptation of the manga made by others). Databooks are considered secondary canon since scans tend to contradict them. It should be noted that this is often evaluated on a case - by - case basis.

i am out of this kind of(what canon or non-canon) discussion

now fans can decide what canon or non-canon

so it pointless to post what publisher/witter think about their own works

Omimi said:
i am out of this kind of(what canon or non-canon) discussion

now fans can decide what canon or non-canon

so it pointless to post what publisher/witter think about their own works
Yh clearly kishimoto and Kodachi don't know what there talking about.

@Hokage Indeed, but the site only use one primary canon and don't use contradictory canon concidered media by the author

I'am not against the Note but dunno what the the purpose on it

@Censored

When different source materials give different versions of the same feat, and by that they contradict each other in the depiction of the feat, the primary canon takes precedence over the secondary canon.
~ Your post​
^This is the case here, both canon media contradict each other, so the site only use the primary canon he usually use (the manga and anime)

The real cal howard said:
I mean, Kishi doesn't own Naruto either... Shueisha does.
Also like...death of the author
Shueisha publishes the timeline

Death of the author doesn't even work like that either

^This is the case here, both canon media contradict each other, so the site only use the primary canon he usually use (the manga and anime)

"of the same feat"

so no there is no reason to differ to the primary canon

NotCensored said:
^This is the case here, both canon media contradict each other, so the site only use the primary canon he usually use (the manga and anime) "of the same feat"
so no there is no reason to differ to the primary canon
Different feat/action/scenes or other things that contradict the way we concider the canonicity on the site, as long as they is contradiction, the site only use the canon he usually use.

the fact that this is a feat or nt don't change the point, there is difference and the site profiles don't use canon that contradict each other but even if you only use the word "feat" then the feat of both media are different, so it just work too.

The Causality said:
@Hokage Indeed, but the site only use one primary canon and don't use contradictory canon concidered media by the author

I'am not against the Note but dunno what the the purpose on it

@Censored
I guess the dbs manga profile needs to be scrapped

I'm genuinely confused. When has this thread devolved into arguing that the movie novel is canon when the whole point of this was the creation of a separate profile due to it being non canon....

UchihaSlayer96 said:
I'm genuinely confused. When has this thread devolved into arguing that the movie novel is canon when the whole point of this was the creation of a separate profile due to it being non canon....
Alternative canon

It wouldn't get a separate profile though. That's like making a profile for game Kaguya simply because she's stronger there.
False equivalence as that's not what's being suggested here and there's more differences than strength, hence why it's non canon in the first place smh.

Different feat/action/scenes or other things that contradict the way we concider the canonicity on the site,as long as they is contradiction, the site only use the canon he usually use.

So you all just ignore whats written down on the rules then? There isn't a contradiction in the feats here they only happen in the secondary canon the only way the primary canon would take precendent here is if it had the same feats that differed such as Kinshiki being beaten by Naruto and Sasuke where as in the Mange he was only beaten by the latter meaning for that particular which directly contradicts the Primary Canon can be ignored but something like these calcs and feats which don't directly oppose Primary Canon can be used

the fact that this is a feat or nt don't change the point, there is difference and the site profiles don't use canon that contradict each other.

The feat doesn't directly contradicted the primary canons feat because the feat didn't happen (or we didn't see it happen) in the manga therefore theres no contradiction and the secondary canon can be used for this

It wouldn't get a separate profile though. That's like making a profile for game Kaguya simply because she's stronger there.
Its not only because he's stronger Multiple characters have more abilities, attack potency, speed. Also the novelisation its an alternate canon. Because of multiple plot changes. And momoshiki looses a ton of abilities

Well, it seems like a footnote or an alternative profile has been rejected. Should we close this thread?

Another repeat of

Me: Brings up any feat with evidence

Ppl: its wank

Me: kl but do u have an rebuttal

Ppl: I want it to be wank

Me: nice argument but do actually have evidence

Ppl: it's wank

Me: kl guess I concede

Well, the staff members here seem to disagree.

Antvasima said:
Well, it seems like a footnote or an alternative profile has been rejected. Should we close this thread?
I agree. If M3X could work on an improved description for the discussion rule, I would appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back